Article on Henry CF Leverguns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Article on Henry CF Leverguns

Post by Pete44ru »

FYI, the Oct 2019 issue of American Rifleman has an excellent article about all the new Henry CF lever action rifles, by Layne Simpson.

There are pics, explanations & shooting results for 7 different models.

piller
Posting leader...

Re: Article on Henry CF Leverguns

Post by piller »

Read it. I like Henry rifles, and they have great customer service.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Imperato (I think I spelled that right) sure hit on a winning formula for his product line …… affordable, reliable and fun. I admire they way they have carefully expanded their offerings with centerfires and single shots. I would not be surprised to see them stick a toe in the muzzleloading market with a rendition of the their single shot rifle/shotguns like H&R and Rossi did.

I keep thinking a merger of Heritage and Henry would be a natural but you know as long as they are both doing well I am all for leaving well enough alone.

I would like to see Henry exploit a couple small niches in the market …… 38-40, 44-40, 32-20, 7-30 Waters, etc. Not all at once. Just do a limited run each year, call it the Heritage gun or something like that. I sent them a email about this months ago. I got a nice reply that they were going to consider my idea. How much they didn't specify. :lol:

Wm

P.S. Another market worthy of exploration by Henry IMO is pump action rifles ..... 22lr, 22 mag, CF handgun, and up to and including rifle rounds like 30 WCF, 35 Rem or even 223. I especially think the pump action hand gun caliber carbine with its high capacity could be very popular option for shooters and self defense concerned gun owners in states like California, New York, Massachusetts, etc. A 6+1 or 8+1 carbine in 38 spl/357 mag or 44spl/44 mag could be very successful. IMI TImberwolf was rough but the right idea
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I agree--my all time favorite .22-cal rifle is a Henry Classic Lever Action Carbine (16 1/8" barrel, big-loop). I know it's an inexpensive levergun made of steel, aluminum, and wood but this carbine out-shot my Browning BL-22. So I kept the the Henry and sold the Browning... :)
H001L-Lever-Carbine-hero.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A thousand years ago when I was a professional gamekeeper, I had the forerunner of the Henry, a Erma carbine, boy I wish I'd never let that one go... :oops:
0001-9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

wm wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:44 pm

I would like to see Henry exploit a couple small niches in the market …… 38-40, 44-40, 32-20, 7-30 Waters, etc.

I sent them a email about this months ago.

I got a nice reply that they were going to consider my idea.

How much they didn't specify.

I hope you make out better than I did, when I contacted NAA Mini's with pics and a request to consider making a folding Bicycle Rifle based on their existing Mini frame.

Image Image.

Their emailed answer to me was lengthy, but included the statement that "We're less than interested" ! . :o