Yessssss !!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Yessssss !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by 6pt-sika »

I had thought earlier that I wouldn't get to deer hunt at all after I brought my father home since dimincia is joining his parkinsons as I pretty much take care of him by myself and in this case it's pretty much an all time thing . When I was in the Philippines a month or two ago he stayed in an old folks home about 4 miles from our house .

Anyway the lady that was his home health care nurse while he was still rehabbing at home for his leg fracture suggested someone to me that would sit with him during the week all be it from 8 AM to 2:30 PM that's still a relief . So I have her scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays with on and off Mondays and some Wednesdays .

So now during hunting season I'll be able to hunt the time I actually don't care for 9 AM to 2 PM .

So I need to get the crossbow out and sight in with broadheads . I also have a brand spanking new Remington 700 Ultimate muzzle loader that's never been fired .

Have several rifles ready load wise but some still need scope swaps .

SO now my mindset toward the upcoming fall months is far better then it was this time last week 8)
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Yessssss !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by AJMD429 »

It will be a hunt to among other things, honor his parenting of you who grew up to be a hunter. 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you check in your area there might be other agencies that can help at times when you need a break. If he's a vet you might also be able to get some help under their programs.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My sister works for Home Instead. They are nation wide franchise home care. They can do housework as well as shopping and dr appointments or just sitting and talking. If all else fails you could see if there is a local office.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Caring for your Dad, long after he cared for you, is IMHO the epitome of familial love - you certainly deserve a little "me time". :)

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sounds as if you are getting some good Karma for what you are doing for your Dad. Call it what you will, but it still is nice when good things happen.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Good on ya!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:05 am My sister works for Home Instead. They are nation wide franchise home care. They can do housework as well as shopping and dr appointments or just sitting and talking. If all else fails you could see if there is a local office.
Thanks ! We’ve had a cleaning service for over ten years . This young lady that’s coming I know her mamma and she can use the income so it should be good all around . Hopefully the boss gets over here middle of next year and that’ll be a help in this situation as well . I’ll still keep the young lady so the boss and I can get out the house together some .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I just finished getting stuff together for the range Wednesday ! Had to switch scopes around some to suit me , took the Athlon 4-12 off my 416 and put it on the Temington ML , took the Nikon 4.5-14 from the ML and put it on the 6mm-06 to replace the straight 24x . And I put a newSthlon 3-12 on the 416 . Also straightened the Bushnell on my Savage 338 Federal . Those four will go Wednesday as well as my Parker 10 gauge 0 grade 4 frame 34” hammer gun that I had the rib relaid wanna pattern it with 00 , 0 and 630 grain solid base slugs all my handloads of course . Only thing left to do is decide which load I wanna use with the Berger 115 VLD in the 6mm-06 and then load about thirty of them . Later on I wanna get the Mannlicher Schoenauer MC 30-06 carbine out and check it with its four or five loads for POI . As well as the Ruger #3 444 with two or three loads and finally the Ruger RedHawks and Contender 44 Mags . Way more stuff then I’ll use I’m sure but one never knows .
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The lady who helped us out from a local Aging Services Group turned out to be a lifelong friend of my mother's, which really made the help all the much better.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "