Tristar folding shotgun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Tristar folding shotgun

Post by wm »

https://loadoutroom.com/115256/the-tris ... dventures/

I've been seeing these on Gunbroker for right around $100. I might keep an eye open at next big gun show and see if I can get one for under $125. Could be a handy little item.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/831413616

Wm
JB
Senior Levergunner

Re: Tristar folding shotgun

Post by JB »

It reminds me of the old Beretta 412 folding shotgun. The Beretta is probably a step up quality wise, but of course the price steps up too.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The Beretta folding S/B shotgun has been copied by several Italian gun makers, I have had a few over the years and still have a .410 made by Investarm. The Turks have modernized the design a little with synthetic stocks and multi chokes. If the quality is as good as the Italian models they would make great truck and camping guns.
The recoil with heavy 12 gauge loads is lots of fun too.... :?
I emailed the Midland Arms Company who sell a similar folder to see if they are going to export to the UK but they only said maybe. Shame really as the Midland Gun Company was British to begin with...
maxresdefault.jpg
IMG_20190919_093242.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Personally I dislike the Italian folding single made by Pedretti and others.
Many were made with blocks mated to high to the breach so firing pins struck the cap to low.
The trigger block is made of cheese and the hammer spring is weak.
Often the stocks break due to weak fixing to the action.
Just saying.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Honestly I rather have a Burgess shot gun but until someone gets busy and makes one ………

https://www.popularmechanics.com/milita ... g-shotgun/

Wm
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

With the exception of the synthetic stock these are the same as the Hatfield folding single-shots. I have a Hatfield .410 and it's a nice little gun, especially considering the price. When brand-new, opening one takes some pretty strenuous effort, as does pulling the trigger, but liberal oil and repeated working of the action improves the situation quickly. The long, full-choke barrel makes the most of the small .410 shot load just like a full choke should, giving dense and even patterns. Slim, light and easy-handling. In fact, so light that I would not like to fire the 12 ga. version!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:03 am Personally I dislike the Italian folding single made by Pedretti and others.
Many were made with blocks mated to high to the breach so firing pins struck the cap to low.
The trigger block is made of cheese and the hammer spring is weak.
Often the stocks break due to weak fixing to the action.
Just saying.
I have seen a few with cracked stocks but my only dislike is the recoil in 12 gauge . They are usually very light, well under six pounds, great to carry but hard on your shoulder :x
In my limited opinion I think some Italian copies of the Beretta are better than others, I have had a couple of Investarm S/B made for BSA that were fine the one Pedretti I had seemed cruder especially the trigger design. I would like to see the Turkish made copy to compare.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.