Wyoming Speed Goat

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Wyoming Speed Goat

Post by jkbrea »

I went on a antelope hunt yesterday morning near Pinedale, Wyoming. Turned out to be the easiest hunt of my life. If you could call it that. I was on the way to get permission from a landowner and I saw a buck bedded down. I went about 3 miles to get permission and the landowner was not home. On the way out I ran into his wife who gave the go ahead. I parked and walked about a hundred yards up a small hill and saw it looking directly at me. All I could see was from the neck up. I was thinking about a neck shot when it stood up, turn broadside and just stared at me. I had brought my Ruger 6.5 planning on a long shot in that terrain. He was only a hundred fifty yards. From the shot to the meat locker was less than an hour.
Now to fill two elk tags! …..hopefully with a levergun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Wyoming Speed Goat

Post by GunnyMack »

Nothing wrong with that!
Good to see your 4 legged guide along!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

I shot my only antelope near Pinedale. Friend lives near there.
Be back out in about a year or so depending on other permits, elk, mule deer moose and such.
Will take the marlin 338, bit much for antelope, but will shoot further than I can, and pretty flat. Hell maybe I should take the 32 special with the Hornady rubber nose, it would be good to at least 200
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

You could of at least crawled up the hill so it felt like you were hunting. :D
The next hunt out west I plan on doing is for antelope in Wyoming, never have done it. I just can't get any of my friends interested in going.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Smart buck.
The rifle looks like something from star wars to me but hey, what'll do a lot......
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Nice buck. We need the occasional good luck to make up for all the long days, and tough hauls!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Man that's Great !! but You need a bigger scope. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Couple years 95-96 we hunted near Fossil Butte National Monument. The antelope roam a vast plain so you had to find them then try to get close. Shots were usually long. The guys still going up there get these depredation tags. Chase them out of the fields then shoot them. Hardly a hunt. But the ranchers like it. The area we were in was carrying antelope, elk and deer. They figured the grazing capacity then how many antelope they needed to eliminate.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Your selection of the area to hunt paid off. Well done.
It is not the critic who counts