The crowded Earth

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

The crowded Earth

Post by JimT »

from Aztec Peak.jpg
In this view from Aztec Peak in the Sierra Ancha mountains of Arizona, you will note how crowded and overpopulated it is.

Somewhere in the distance is a metro area of a million people ... Tucson and its adjoining towns. There are also some small towns and villages scattered through the mountains. This view takes in a huge area that in person is hard to comprehend. On a clear day you can see the mountain tops in Mexico.

You could hide Los Angeles out there and it would take some searching to find it.

If you want to find the High Lonesome, it's still around. You have to get out of the cities and off the interstate highways is all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Re: The crowded Earth

Post by TraderVic »

Breathtaking ! I think I could spend some serious time in that neighborhood, set up my wall tent, wood stove, sip coffee and ponder a few things.
There are remote areas such as this, throughout the north country as well.
My wife and I are planning a trip in our truck camper out to your part of the world sometime in the next several years.

Thanks for sharing....
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

That's an inspiring photo.

I'd imagine there is more to the calculation called over population than just how many square feet a man and his habitation might take up. What does it take to sustain that man over the course of his life? Where is that stored, produced, grown, or raised? What resources are required to sustain those resources? How many gallons of water, acres of crop land, heads of cattle or poultry, bushels of grain, yards of fabric, or tons of rolled steel does it take for a single man to live a life on planet earth?

Now multiply that by 7,700,000,000. That's the current estimate of human population on earth.

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

Sh-h-h-h-h.
"Please don't feed the trolls. Just the user name choice should be enough to ignore this guy..."
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have not been in Arizona except traveling through. I need to fix that oversight.

My Mother's family lived on the Western Slope in Grand Junction and in Delta. Colorado is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. The song America The Beautiful was written after the songwriter was on Pike's Peak and was inspired by the grandeur and beauty of the view from there. I truly loved being in Colorado when I was younger.

Don't even think about dismissing Texas from places of natural beauty. Visit the Palo Duro Canyon, and you will be delighted. There are plenty of other places in Texas.

Sorry for the drift.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost