Remington rimfire rifle question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Remington rimfire rifle question

Post by wm »

Many years ago now Remington introduced the model 522. I seem to remember a serious, wide ranging recall of the rifles over something or another. Then Remington (IIRC) dropped the 522 and introduced the 597 after just 4 years.

My question is what was the issue with the 522? and how much parts interchangeability is there with the 597? I was told there was a lot of parts in common but having never owned and example of either I don't know that.

i'm looking at one, broken and in a state of disassembly, as possible winter project to bring back to functionality.

Wm
wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: Remington rimfire rifle question

Post by wm »

Nevermind …… someone else stepped up to the challenge.

Back to looking for muzzleloaders :lol:

Wm
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

MUZZLELOADERS did someone say MUZZLELOADERS..... :D

What's on your list ???
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Something that has been neglected and needs a little work to bring it back to shooting condition.

And it has to be something traditional ……. Inlines are capable of doing just about anything, except supplying a feeling of nostalgia or giving a sense of history.

Wm

P.S. Watching and talking myself in and out of a real nice condition T/C 32 Cherokee. If it were $200 cheaper and in half as nice shape this conversation would be over and we would be moving into an action phase! Minty condition guns are not much of a project.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yup, traditional is what rings my bell too, inlines have no interest for me. I need another muzzle loader, Nath's posts always make me realize what I'm missing.. :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

The 522 Viper was a P0S. It will remain a junky P0S. It was an engineering mistake by Remington. There is plenty of links on line to confirm how bad it was.

Don't waste your time on it. :wink:
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

wm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:31 am Nevermind …… someone else stepped up to the challenge.

Back to looking for muzzleloaders :lol:

Wm
Wise session. :D
jdad wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:27 pm The 522 Viper was a P0S. It will remain a junky P0S. It was an engineering mistake by Remington. There is plenty of links on line to confirm how bad it was.

Don't waste your time on it. :wink:
Remington, the long way to spell 'joke' post 1990!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes the Viper was full of plastic parts!

I have a Cherokee in .32! Great fun, used to take it along to the prairie dog towns and have some fun. I also have a Maxiball mould. I used 20 hrs of FFF with either RBs or the Maxi. Bought mine as a kit back in the 80s.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!