Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: NRA Files Suit Against San Francisco Board After They Declare NRA 'Terrorists'

Post by marlinman93 »

I hope the NRA not only wins, but gets a huge settlement from SF. Those kind of idiots need to be taught a lesson that hurts them in their wallet. It's the only place they really care about.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Re: NRA Files Suit Against San Francisco Board After They Declare NRA 'Terrorists'

Post by piller »

I just worry that the Judge or Judges will be too stupid to understand the law as it is written and how it applies to the case. I am not a lawyer, but I can read a legal dictionary, case precedents, and I am not stupid. I understand most of what I read. I do not believe that some Judges know sic em from come here. I hope the Judge happens to be one who knows, and believes in the rule of law.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

This is a good and necessary move, and should be pursued in both civil and criminal courts.

There is another source of push-back that entails prosecuting the 'sanctuary cities' that prosecute and punish citizens for crimes that they turn the illegals loose for. This is a gigantic opportunity to ram a hammer into the cogs of the statist machinery. Civil suits for compensation AND criminal suits for liability and unequal protection will hopefully pick up steam. This has begun in Baltimore and some others. This has the potential to tie up their resources like pretzels. I forget the source, probably midnight radio, but should be easy to find.

This type of push-back is correct and useful turn-about IMO.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

@piller:

this is why Trump's appointments are so crucial and critical. hopefully we will get enough right-thinking judges, if such exist, to bypass the statist judges, and allow us to be heard before sympathetic juries. once the class actions take off, the melee will be enormous. maybe.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

The stupid move by the San Francisco board of supervisors was an absolute gift to embattled LaPierre, helping him to get out of the hotseat for his nefarious back-stabbing of the NRA. The supervisors couldn't be more ignorant tools.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

Question on the scope of the lawsuit if anyone has done any deeper digging ......

The first sentence states, "The National Rifle Association is suing the city and county of San Francisco and its Board of Supervisors ......"

A logical question: does the lawsuit name names ?? That is: does the suit seek redress against the City Council collectively ...... or does the lawsuit name names, in that the lawsuit names each individual on the city council, thus in effect, causing each councilmember to become an individual defendant ??
And further: does the lawsuit name names for the Board of Supervisors ??

My thought here is that the city council members & board of supervisor members are just that: members of a larger organization that did something, and members can therefore "hide" in relative anonymity. But with this lawsuit: does it name names and thereby cause each council member to be called to account ??
oldAG
Levergunner

Post by oldAG »

new pig hunter wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:01 pm Question on the scope of the lawsuit if anyone has done any deeper digging ......

The first sentence states, "The National Rifle Association is suing the city and county of San Francisco and its Board of Supervisors ......"

A logical question: does the lawsuit name names ?? That is: does the suit seek redress against the City Council collectively ...... or does the lawsuit name names, in that the lawsuit names each individual on the city council, thus in effect, causing each councilmember to become an individual defendant ??
And further: does the lawsuit name names for the Board of Supervisors ??

My thought here is that the city council members & board of supervisor members are just that: members of a larger organization that did something, and members can therefore "hide" in relative anonymity. But with this lawsuit: does it name names and thereby cause each council member to be called to account ??
Take your time, read the whole document, and make up your own mind. But, for what it's worth, I do believe that the "collective" group, and the individuals named as members of that group, are the subject/s of the suit.
https://apps.npr.org/documents/document ... co-Lawsuit
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I hope they sued the council members personally. I hate to think that whatever the settlement is comes from public coffers.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

As I have said before, I am not a Lawyer. However, I am capable of reading and understanding a good amount of what I read. By naming the individuals so named in this lawsuit, yes, the individuals become liable on an individual basis in addition to the collective basis which their elected positions place them. Because of the power wielded by their elected offices, and the onus to follow the laws, they have each placed themselves in the precarious position of individually stating that they do not believe that the laws apply to their actions.

I hope that the NRA wins in a resounding manner. Such a win would have repercussions against all who would attempt to silence and intimidate those with whom they disagree politically regardless of viewpoint. I can personally tell someone whom I disagree with to shut up, but when I have political power to force it to happen---I am wrong! Our laws can limit what can be said when it is for the good of all. Threats, yelling "Fire" in a theater when there is none, and a few other situations have been placed into the laws for the benefit of all. Even so, political speech is a fundamental right and on of the founding principles of this great Country. This right must be protected even when you may disagree with what is being said.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

It's all a great smokescreen for that d***ed crook LaPierre.