Samuel Colt's Place

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Samuel Colt's Place

Post by Pete44ru »

Today, a cool/comfortable day here, I visited at Sam Colt's place in Bristol (RI), and the nearby Bristol Harbor & surrounds.

I thought it idyllic - after the hectic (many, many people) & oldest ( since 1785) annual Bristol 4th of July parade.

piller
Posting leader...

Re: Samuel Colt's Place

Post by piller »

Looks nice. Glad you could visit there. It is a bucket list item for me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I live just across Narragansett Bay from Bristol, and was roaming around while my dog was getting groomed in Bristol by a friend.

It's a large public waterfront park now, with plenty of parking/benches/etc - at no cost for entry.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I always thought his big mansion was in Conn. Well, when your that rich I guess you can have a mess of em..

I'd like to thank good ole Samuel Colt for the many fine early specimens of his companie's craftsmanship that reside right here at the Sixgun homestead.-----6. (I'm taking great care of them Sam!)
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

That place was owned by another Sam Colt. He was the nephew of the revolver guy whose mansion is in Hartford.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

And then there was the eccentric brother.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Colt
m.A.g.a. !