Visit to Cody

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Visit to Cody

Post by daisygordoninc »

I flew to Cody this week, a friend picked me up at the airport who knew the area, he is actually from Dubois and drove up to be my guide.
I had just had my gun article published in the WACA Journal, so they made me feel really welcome, and of course no charge for the museum
two day event for us. It was impressive as many of you know who have been there. I should have scheduled 3 days for the museums but only
had two full days. The town was really full, as September is their really busy time. As an old US History teacher and a gun lover, it was like
paradise for me, and my friend from Dubois. I don't know if I should call myself a Winchester Collector although I have many old Winchesters.
I feel like a beginner around some of the other collectors, and some of you. It was fun eating two nights at the Irma Motel, Cody's daughters
place he built for her. He also shipped a printing press out so the newspaper, which is still being printed could help with costs of building a
new town. We saw some really big mule deer bucks right in town. A couple with wasting disease, pitiful. Most of you have probably gone
to Cody, thank you for encouraging me to go. That was on my bucket list.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Visit to Cody

Post by OldWin »

Glad you made it!
I got out there for the first time this summer. It was special because most of my family, including my new grandson, was there.
We ate at the Irma, also. It was a neat place. We really enjoyed it.
One thing I found extremely interesting was the Dug up Gun Museum. It was the first place my son and I went and we were there for hours. There was a video on Forgotten Weapons of it recently.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Visit to Cody

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Glad you made it Gordon. Maybe it took some of the sting out of the moose fiasco. I haven't been there yet, but it's a matter of time as my little brother lives in Fort Collins.