Browning experts needed

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hairtrigger
Levergunner 2.0

Browning experts needed

Post by Hairtrigger »

About a year ago I sold a LNIB Browning B92 in 44mag
It was the model without the saddle ring.
I never fired it much but it was an incredibly smooth action
This week I was told by a friend that he spotted a used BROWNING 1892 in 45 Colt. I am not familiar with this. I was under the impression that the Japanese Browning B92 was in only 357 or 44.
Any help?
How much is it worth?
I am one gun away from happy
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Browning experts needed

Post by spurgon »

I've seen a 38/40
Hairtrigger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hairtrigger »

I understand that Winchester and Browning are basically the same..... I have seen the Winchester 1892 in 45
I am one gun away from happy
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Hairtrigger wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:38 pm
I was under the impression that the Japanese Browning B92 was in only 357 or 44.
Correctamundo……. :roll:

The Miroku Browning B-92 was only made in .357 & .44 magnum; however, the newer Miroku 92's are made in .45 Colt, but are marked "Winchester".

Another thing to ponder is that, while rare in the US, Miroku has also made Miroku-marked Model 92's (and some others, like the 9422) for countries other than the US - which could have been made in any chambering that the action could handle.

Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fisher-Price »

Browning’s were .357 and .44 as stated.
The Winchester’s will have that rebounding hammer and awful trigger pull. The only factory .45 Colt Winchester’s will be Miroku built as were the Browning’s. I had one of the 45’s and never could get it to group satisfactory, I think Six played with one without much success as well. I bought one of the W .357’s and it was better but had an 8lb trigger I finally sold it and will not buy another rebounding hammer Winchester. I replaced the .357 with a JM made CS just last week, I hope to test it this weekend.

I have a B-92 in .44 Mag, killed my first deer with it when I was 15. It doesn’t like any cast load I can find, loves JHP and H110. Of I ever run across a B-92 in .357 for a reasonable price I will buy it.

FP
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Hairtrigger wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:38 pm About a year ago I sold a LNIB Browning B92 in 44mag
It was the model without the saddle ring.
I never fired it much but it was an incredibly smooth action
This week I was told by a friend that he spotted a used BROWNING 1892 in 45 Colt. I am not familiar with this. I was under the impression that the Japanese Browning B92 was in only 357 or 44.
Any help?
How much is it worth?
It's entirely possible he saw one. I have several guns that are not the caliber they came out of the factory as. Like my Browning 1895 (Winchester clone) in .35 Whelen.
The B92s were factory .44 mag and .357 mag, with the .357s being more sought after an pricier. Within the past 5 years I've seen B92s go for $500 to $1800 depending on condition, caliber and buyer.

A B92 in .45 Colt would be very nice if the conversion was done by a competent gunsmith.
What it is worth is entirely up to you and what you are willing to give.
Keep in mind what a new, Miroku-made 1892 would cost you. And the new one has a tang safety and rebounding trigger. "Features" that some people pay good money to change.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I posted this answer over on castboolets this morning. I put it here as someone else may re-mber .45Stomp.
"I'm pretty sure that One of the members on Leverguns years ago had one in .45 Colt. He lives in Canada, He did a lot of hunting up there that most could only dream of and took a lot of game with it. His handle was .45 Stomp if I remember right. I would have bought the Browning but I only ever saw 1 for sale and it was gone. "