Best part of my day.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Best part of my day.

Post by fordwannabe »

I was out working some dirt and grass seed on a bare spot in the yard when this “official” looking woman comes marching down the street.
“I am from the US census bureau and I need to stand in your hall for the satellite to get a feed.”
Well I know this is a load of balderdash (like other things that happened around here today🤨)
Oh! Ok. Just go on in then.
She gets to the front door and ol Marlin our 160 pound Doberman let’s out a howl that made me cringe, and he’s MY dog.
Well she backed away, truly didn’t think she could move that fast looking at her.
“Are there dogs in there?”
Ah, yup.
“Are they loose?”
Ah, yup
“ You were gonna let me go in there with loose dogs in there?”
Ah, yup
“Hmmm”
Ah, yup
And she had a very unhappy with me look.
Hmmm, seems I get that look a lot.
Ah, yup!
The best part is I bet they will try to come back when “ the little Mrs” is the only one home. Joke is on them after her being a cop for 20 years....I AM the social one hahaha.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Best part of my day.

Post by piller »

It does sound like a load of Pelosi to me, too. If she and a partner or two break in and get mangled...I would not feel sorry for them.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Tom...your too nice......I wouldn't have even let her on the property. Just another loser looking to get over on an honest person.

Ya know, that takes a lot of gall to ask somebody that.---6 GR
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Wait, the satellite to get a feed - that right there tells ya it was a scam! Heck satellite radio don't work in the garage with th door open what makes ya think a hand held satellite receiver will work inside your house! Good dog!

Did you ask for ID Tom? That would have scared that fraud off for sure!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

A couple of summers ago I was out working in the yard when this dude whips into my driveway in a fairly new GMC pickup. Jumps out of the truck and trots over to the fence with his hand out. As he's reaching over the fence, I said I wouldn't do that as my Great Dane walks down off the deck and goes strait at him. The guy backs up and says he's with Blah-Blah Asphalt and we're doing some paving in the area and they can do my driveway extra cheap. A pretty common scam around here. Meanwhile, Lucy is pushing on the gate and as I walk over to open it the guy just about wet his pants. I told him he needed to leave as she can get to his truck faster than he can! :D

I sure miss that dog. The little dogs are great for sounding the alarm, but I really miss the look on people's faces when the see a 150lb black dog trotting their way!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's the 1 area where Labs dont excel- intimidation! Yeah they bark but a tail beating 1000 mph is a dead giveaway that you are safe.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

True Gunny but two labs and a BIG Doberman seem to work well. I am fairly sure she was not as amused with the whole thing as much as me.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Our mixed breed rescue dog in the back yard is about 60 pounds of spring steel and whale bone. He loves his family, but has the guys who read the meter scared to death. A dog can be a great partner in keeping your property safe.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Either big or little dogs, they can't be beat. While women take to little dogs, I believe a big dog would be a better choice for a woman or a fat guy.....so the dog can do their fighting for them. People who can handle themselves are better off with the dog of their choice.

We have little dogs and they don't sleep through nothing......even a toad on the back patio or a slab withering across the front walk and they are barking.

The BEST thing I've ever done here is to put the barriers up at the end of the driveway a couple of years ago....NO MORE people driving down the driveway claiming they have the wrong house...no more people turning around and running over the grass, no more people saying, "well, I have nothing to do today so I figured I'd come over here for something to do", no more Jehova Witness's trying to get me to believe in their garbage, no more gypsy driveway sealers...in fact, nobody, except expected friends.---6

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

If it barks its good by me! However there are a few breeds I dont care for but I wont go into that. However I will say I'd get another Jack Russell in a heartbeat! The 1 I had musta been a Marine DI in a former life- he didnt take no guff from anything! I was always amused by his antics!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well Gunny...that brings us to little dogs, especially the terriers.....they are nasty...bred to be nasty.....I guess we've had at least 20 of them over the years....like nasty people, nasty dogs live a long time....we have one, Alfie who is now 18...I thought he was around 14 until I found his papers the other day......this is the dog I thought he was going to be a goner a few months ago until we started feeding him cannabis oil.....he reverted back to his old nasty ways and runs around the yard with the other dogs.

Ooops, knock at the door...expecting company....c..r..a..z..y.....old lady...but she's the best for taking care of problems on the dark side.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Had a Miniature Pinscher for 10 years. He was a hoot, we knew if a hummingbird farted outside. He would throw himself at dogs 10 times his size. Miss him.

Don
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Our Chihuahua can hear anything, and she barks until I take care of whatever it is that set her off. The mutt outdoors doesn't bark much, but I listen when he does. If he sounds P.O.'ed, I grab a gun. Our dogs are family, and I protect them. The Rat Terrier will play with anyone. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My JRT was a very friendly dog, not a bit of mean to people but if you were 4 legged and mouse to bear sized all bets were off! Didn't matter to him cuz he was gonna kill it! On thanksgiving as the turkey was coming out of the oven I let him out just in time for him to tangle with a buck, he got slightly gored and I spent the evening at the 24 hour emergency vet! Next day right back to business as usual- of course the CONE made things a bit difficult! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Our Chihuahua is loud, but she is afraid of everything. No one is coming onto my property without her hearing it and sounding the alarm. Our JRT that lived 12 years was instant death on mice, rats, and squirrels. She also chased arrows and barked at them. I think she had as much fun chasing arrows as she did doing anything. She would stand to the side until I shot, and then chase it. After a few good barks, she would come back and we would do it again.
D. Brian Casady
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Don’t have a dog at present. But my beed of choice is Standard Poodle. Friendly, smart and the one I had fearless. Then again, at 125#’s quite capable of taking an adult male human with ease.

Never had a “Poodle” cut. We just sheared him like a sheep. His growl would freeze your blood. Really liked kids and the elderly.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad