The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jay Bird

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Jay Bird »

Yep Gunny....mines a serious gun guy and a life NRA...great guy......I was telling him last week I was contemplating a purchase of a .22 L.R. Target rifle, possibly a 40X Remington....my bud told me he'd get me one for cost.....anyway, Dr. John offered to let me use one of his if I so choose.. Not many guys will loan out a 2K rifle.

Oh Lordy...just saw Meghan Kelly talking to Tucker........I hope Fox don't bring back that two faced liberal?--6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey! I won page 15!!!! Gunny.....what do I win???--6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Free Xrays and adjustment ... in Calif. ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Sure wish I was filthy rich like Gunny or I'd take ya up on that Old Savage.......well....on further thought just because you say I have to go to California to get my free x rays, I'm calling Griff to make a U turn and bring back your walnut log. He's in Kansas now hanging out at a T bar in Kansas City and won't answer his phone. :D

Oh heck...I'm going to hit the sack....

Hey Tom....218 Bee Marlin at Horst next month.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

AND THE WINNER IS --------
CornPop!

Your prize is ElijahCummings seat in the swamp! :D

Although I haven't had X-rays in years I do get my adjustments free! I handle all the repairs/ fixes of Dr Joe's office and equipment. It's a good deal as not much goes wrong at the office.

Well if you borrow one of his rifles that will give you a good idea if an investment of your own is needed. But at the same time why not look at that new Ruger precision 22 ? I've read a few articles and it seems to be a very good rifle and the cost is minimal. ( of course gun writers very rarely say anything bad )

Well I slept well, feel ok so far but I can tell it's going to be a long day, guess I'll wear my brace today...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Thanks Gunny.....picture this.......

I get up bright and early at 9:45.....put on some rags and feed Stonewall.......come inside and make a cup of Black Rifle AK-47......I'm really pumped now, feel like I'm 20.......grab the iPad........head to the throne........plop down and tune into Leverguns..........AND I WIN E.C.'s seat in the swamp! ...............spit up a bit, laugh, fanny burp like there's no tomorrow....then flush Elijah down the watery tube to his forever resting place.

I may be a Christian but I had ZERO use for that lying piece of human garbage. He always talked, "passion for his people" and other b.s but failed to look in his own back yard, all the time, enriching himself. Good riddance. The only bad thing about it all is he's being replaced by some other piece of garbage from the left....some scrawny ugly looking woman with the face of a delelict shopping cart pusher.

President Trump is secretly laughing and wishing for a few more...Pelosi and R.B.G. are both a million years old and need to cross the divide.

Well......gotta get in gear......sometimes it's hard getting out of first gear......even with Black Rifle AK-47........---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well my day started GREAT! ( extreme sarcasm) , 730 I get into the truck and start down the driveway to find a tree across the pavement! So I had to cut that up before i could leave for work. Not a huge tree but some firewood.

As my morning has gone along my back is failing me, I'm slowly becoming a ? again. I gotta do some serious thinking about a steady paycheck vs my well being. This is the same thing I was dealing with when I was at the lumberyard.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

For real Gunny...I feel for ya. Having a health issue is the downside of modern civiliazation, unless your filthy rich or your with others who are....I never was. Back in the day families would help one another out but the "helping out" rarely consisted of giving money. Everything today pretty much runs on the almighty dollar and we all know how much people are willing to sacrifice their money for another's issues.

Forgot the amount of times I went to work sick, feeling like stuff, or otherwise. Many times working on the old truck till midnight so I had something to drive to work the next day.

You really have to weigh the options......can you "soldier through"?........can you cut overhead?.....decisions need to made for the long haul as selling stuff only is short term. I can't remember selling stuff to stay afloat....just kept my overhead low. My current income is not much over the poverty line but what comes in is mine to do as I please.

How about what Old Savage does........have a harem of rich women looking over ya.

One thing for sure....peace of mind overrules material items. I live small compared to most people I know. (Except nice guns of which most were bought when they were still considered run-of-the-mill).......-----6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What :shock: my log in Kansas. Griff doesn't come into Ca anymore. Wasn't it supposed to be decorated for the Halloween parade with lovely witches riding it on my trailer. :)

One wrinkle to getting the xray and adjusting equipment to Pa. It is all bolted down. And the developer would not travel well and the other equipment won't really fit in the Jeep.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I'm still alive, so don't bother driving up here to pillage my gun room. :D
Sorry to hear you are hurting, Gunny. There is nothing worse than health issues.
This week has been a blur. Hardly slept all week. I've got several years of work left. I want to stay on this shift but it's getting rough as I get older. It's a race to get out before this soulless, dying, monster of a company takes everything from me just as I'm shoved out the door.
Oh well, enough of that! Huntin' season is coming! Got to the range yesterday for a final zero on both 300's.
The wife may hunt a little this year so I am super stoked.
She is going to use the 10.5" 300BO pistol, topped with an Aimpoint H1. Talk about adorable........ :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny will be fine...he's a youngster like you Jay.....he just has to be careful and not carry too much weight, such as long buffalo coats.

Dang! Look at all that equipment Old Savage has...THATS a first class operation.....some serious money you have wrapped up in all that. Dr. John told me his "hot bubble" relaxer "couch" was $3100. Afraid to ask what that x Ray equipment costs....wonder how many Winchesters and Colts you could have had?

Well Jay....your alive and doing well. That 300 would make a great deer gun....as you know, most deer are shot under a 100 anyway. What bullet weight do you plan on using! My little 8" er with 175 cast at 1600+ would be more than enough. I'm too old school to warm up to an aimpoint....a 2x7 Leupold is on mine.

Well...gotta go and finish a few more chores...see ya in 15-20 minutes. :D ---6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I shoot only "supers" in my 300's. I have the vaunted Barnes 110gr Tac-Tx "blacktip" loaded over 19gr if H110. It muzzles at 2450 out of my 16" and 2250 from my 10".
I also have some Speer 125gr. TNT's over 18.3gr of H110 that gets 2300 from the 16".
I have an Aimpoint on the 10" cause it does double duty as a house gun. I have a 1-4 Leupold on the 16".
When I test loads I mount a Springfield Armory
4-14x56mm .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So the shop foreman says to ' do you think you can handle this with you back issues?' I told him I dont think so. I decided that it's best for me to resign, I cant live like this. I'm not productive for them, i just have to continue to muddle through and get a job pumping gas or welfare or find me a rich woman that owns a liquor store! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sorry, buddy.

.......A rich woman who owns a liquor store........hmmmmm?
Hey, let's make her super hot, too. With a huge collection of Colts, Winchesters, and Jeeps. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sounds like a winner!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six, I opened this office 36 years ago tomorrow. The xray was $25,000.then.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh man...for real Gunny?.....You must really be hurting....I do know and have known several people with serious back issues and yes...it's debilitating as much as my Meniers, probably more as I can manage mine by eating right, not drinking, etc.

Wish we all lived closer to each other to help out.......

Life is hard enough without the health issues and b.s from these nasty democrats.....God Bless our little furry friends.

Spent a fair amount of time outside today rebuilding Stonewalls feed bucket "station" and salt block holder. He's going blind and probably won't be around a whole lot longer. My wife picked it out a month or two ago but today I really noticed it. We've had horses here for 44 years and it will be a different atmosphere for sure.---6

I hear ya Fred..25 big ones!!?! Could have bought a Corvette with that kind of money then.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

A Marlin 1894 in 218 Bee! Wow I have always wanted one of.......Hey wait a minute! I bought one of those from some gun shyster down near Philly earlier this year. :lol:
I am going to pay off my car AND my student loan In January and then I am going to see that shyster again.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

As always Tom, your money eeerrrr you are always welcome here. Bring lots of loot, like a suitcase full and we will play.---how about an 1895 in 30-40 K? Got two in that caliber. ---Your pal---6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The best chambering for a 95 IMO.
Wouldn't mind a carbine in 30-40. Just don't want to pay for one. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have no idea what happened this morning but it seems Winnie had to put Parker in her place! Lots of snarling and a good deep throated bark! Parker does get a LITTLE in your face at times. Oh well she needs to learn boundaries. Even though she is 2 she still acts like a 6 month old puppy sometimes.

Marlin in 218 eh? Another favorite cartridge. When you buy it at auction Six - can I have it? :D

Seriously!? This nitwit governor has implemented a TAX on pumpkins - if you buy a pumpkin for decoration it has an extra tax BUT if you say 'I'm making a pie' there is no tax... So I guess Phil Murphy is going to release the jack booted brown shirt wearing pumpkin police to drive around and collect taxes !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ha! New Jersey! What a joke! (Nothing personal :D ) Tax on a decorative pumpkin........well....the state has to satisfy all of those outstretched hands somehow. So.....it goes like this....Worker....."yes sir, that will be $10 plus .60 for tax". Customer....."thank you, I just want to do my part and pay the proper tax." Worker.....(silently) "well, that's .60 in my pocket".

Naaaaa....I ain't headed to that auction......ain't nothing there that grabs me.......I like these no name auctions we have around here...buy for $200..keep and shoot for a few years....sell for $1,000. Nice one coming up on the 8th of Nov.

Long range half scale silhouette match tomorrow....last of the year .....do I want to go? Dunno yeti. -----6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ok, I'm done work for the day........got to change out a buffer tube spring so I can use the 300 B.O. lower with the Colt 6940 upper for the match tomorrow. The 300 has the nice trigger.

Well.....that'll be enough work for me today after all that.....head down to the gunshop for a bs session then get ready for the match tomorrow.

ONE HELL OF A RALLY IN TEXAS LAST NIGHT! President Donald Trump is the best!----6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tomorrow is our hunt club fun shoot, sure hope I feel good enough to shoot! I gotta recoup for next Sunday's ZZ bird shoot!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well folks...got the Colt 6940 and a hundred rds. of 77 Sierra Match Kings and another hundred of 69 Sierra Matchkings all loaded in the Jeep all ready for the big match. The sandbags, spotting scope, and other essentials are all ready to leave in the am.

Old Savage...you hold down the fort while me and Gunny are busting caps all day. Your in charge of the soft stuff. Griff decided to make a u turn and he's headed to the Cali border with the log. If any problems come up, Tom will be acting lieutenant.

Don't let any inferiors infiltrate the mighty gun room....---6
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Tom will be in the woods at sunup with a Marlin57M looking for the deadly and dangerous squill. He will then take his life in his own hands and go to a gun shop or two hunting for a pound of benchmark powder. Upon returning home he will start welding the rockers in Mrs fw’s pickup since he completed Much fitting and grinding. Then to cap off the joy he will drive a couple miles at 1830 to Tony’s family restaurant where they will have two slices with pepperoni mushrooms onions and bacon waiting for him. He will then plant his generously apportioned gluteus Maximus in his chair, consume the slices, watch the Penn State football game while scraping primer pockets on 45-70, 444, 33 wcf, and 458 socom brass that is running as we speak.
Then he will go to work Sunday morning until 1400 and at 1700 be at his Mother’s 75th Birthday party.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

BON CHANCE Sixgun! Really hope you clean house!!

Blasting tree rats- is there anything more fun?! Haven't shot squirrels for many years, well the sunflower bird feeder raiding rats do get shot but mostly I let the girls chase them .

I have been invited to bird hunt in Bernville by the guy that owns the farm where we shoot ZZ birds.

Oil Six forget about our favorite Mainiac- what's Jay supposed to do today? Hopefully he is getting a little wheeling in before it snows?

And now- COFFEE !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Wow....
6:30 and I'm up...whew! Don't like this......oh Jay.....
Had to keep quiet about him.........he is dressed heavily andmis planning on a North Jersey trip while some guy is at the gun club.--6. Gotta go!.....---6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey, I'm right here, boys!
Man, had one of those 24hr days yesterday. Had to put a new shower set in and a do a little plumbing (yes....I DO have running water :D ).
Had to run over to Newport and pick up a pound of W748 for the 30-30's.
Man! I got so much to do! Wife mentioned cranking up the Jeep and heading out bird hunting, so........ :D

Gunny,
Yes, I missed an epic wheeling trip last Sunday. All the cool kids went. Alas, my hard top is back on. This time of year is the best for wheeling. Maine in October is pure magic. But, I have a lot going on with hunting season just around the corner. Kinda bummed I missed out.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well, I'm the hunt club CHAMPION for 2019, what a fiasco!! No one was on time! Then when it was my turn to shoot my 2nd shell stuck in the chamber- reloads but I've never had that happen before! Cant close the gun, cant get the shell out! Cut a branch- ever notice mother nature dont grow straight!? So what do I do...? Nope wont pry out, cant take it apart... so i did what i knew i shouldn't do - i pried the forearm off, then drive out the live round. Oh FUDGE now it won't go back together!! So i borrow a gun, next thing i know it wont fire the top barrel!
So as we go, I'm 1 of 3 guys still shooting and borrow a 2nd gun that does WORK for the win!
Get home, take my gun apart, nothing broke, hmmm...so i compare it to my other Perazzi & cant see what is fubar. Then i looked real closely and realized what the problem was, 2 taps with a hammer & brass punch to adjust the forend iron and slick as a whistle it went back together! I learnt sumthin today!!!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Picked a lb each of 231 and 2400 $15 ea.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Wow! LOTS of exciting things going on.....relax Jay...you don't have to do all that......kick back...just bring in a couple of 5 gallon buckets and mark em "his" and "hers". Once a week or so just open the window and wing it out. Around here we just throw the whole bucket in the wood stove, add some diesel fuel and a match.

Don't worry about hanging with the cool Kids.....we have that in the "Gun Room".

Yea Gunny, not much is worse than a breakdown at a major match. I've seen it a million times mostly with modern Marlins.

Half price on the powder Fred.....you figure probably 1500 rds per pound so your good for awhile. :D

As usual I had a winning day...like Donald Trump, I always win...win....win....(sometimes) :D The lower I put on the Colt AR made a huge difference with the nice trigger.....shot a 32 x 40 today...first place in my class....one of the best scores in all classes......up there with the big dogs and their 30" bull barreled high dollar outfits. At the awards, it was noted that I use an AR. Two guys shot a 39 x 40....Nobody has not got a clean 40 in three years.......and I BLEW the last five shots at the 500 meter rams.......the wind changed from its 99% usual of going left to right to right to left and I didn't read it right, even though leaves were moving on the ground from right to left..missed my last five....would have had a 37 if I paid attention.

Then we had the big once a year awards....they add up everyone's score from the year and give out awards. I was first place in my class. Very strongly suspect the match director will be moving me into a higher class next year. I was jokingly accused of being a "sandbagger"----6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Congrats Six, knew you had it in you 😋

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Congratulations to Gunny and Six! Excellent.

Thats a smokin' deal on the powder OS. Good for you.

Six,
Yeah, I'd be good with an outhouse. Fire and water are our friends.......and enemies. I am paranoid of water. Especially cause my gunroom is in the cellar.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I hear ya Jay......good thinking on an "outhouse". What is that, some modern invention?

I also hear you on the fear of water in the gunroom......that makes me a bit nervous too knowing some of my finest Colts are in your gunroom.

Lots of fun here ain't it? Same sickness at our gun club.....today...for real....We we're in the new range house and as I walked to the one man bathroom. I asked the match director, Mark if he could help me with all the "weight I had to lift" and then closed the door to do my business. Next thing ya know, the door comes flying open with Mark reaching out with outstretched hands. I was laughing so hard my urge to pee went away. :D ---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

GREAT ! CONGRATS SIXGUN!!! WELL DONE!!!
In Quebec many years ago sitting in the 3 sided outhouse and a small bear walked right up to me and sniffed my legs, I gave it a seat on the nose with some French Canadian magazine and it took off!

Now go buy yerself a GOOD trigger for your Colt lower!!!

Well I diagnosed the other malcontent shotgun. Ithaca/SKB 500. Seems like the inertia block was dragging on the trigger. I stoned & polished it up, trigger body as well. Seems to work by smacking the butt so it should work under recoil... test fire tomorrow.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well Gunny...YOU da man! Saved yourself probably 2 c notes with your knowledge. I bet a tiny smear of Frog Lube between those polished parts would really make it run smooth......or is that a place that needs to be dry?

Anyway, I have some inertia designed shotguns laying around....about 7 that have issues...what cha doing
tomorrow? :D ---6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny...you run your AR's wet? Marvels Mysty Oil? I use ezox or frog Lube. I'm open to suggestions but if what I'm doing works, why break it? After a couple of hundred rounds it will clean up somewhat easy, except for parts of the bolt carrier.

I don't slop it on to the point of dripping but it's well coated.

Oh Lordy, I'm draggin' and gonna hit the sack early.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just enough to keep em working but not so wet ya get oil all over ya. I tried the marvel after reading some spec-ops guys were using ATF.
Normally inertia blocks are dry as they need to move with recoil. Just a drop of oil is plenty. In this case it appears the top pivot hole is smaller than it should be. I know this gun type had issues with the IB but not sure of the FIX.
Sleep tight!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Huh. Never heard of running Marvel's.
I've used Mobil 1 15w-40 dor a long time. Light enough to work, but stays in place.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey! What's happening?

Woke up to a rainy day here.....my head shrunk a bit from yesterday's swelling.......

Well? Nuttin'? Ok, I'll go clean my guns, brass, write in my logs, maybe load ammo...---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I did something this morning- leaves! Gotta tell ya I do love the trees but how I loathe leaves... then I brought up the tree that fell across the driveway and just about then it started to rain.
So now I'm sitting in the recliner trying to read and I get a visitor-
20191020_134151-800x600.jpg
Nothing like 75 lbs of chocolate dropped into yer lap!
Yeah I should be loading hunting ammo but...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well Gunny....I'll take a visitor like that anytime......dogs make life worth living.

How do you keep everything so clean with dogs? Around here it four sweeps and a mop everyday just to keep up with em. They are worse than kids leaving stuff all over the place. I did four loads of wash today and three of them were from the dogs and their blankets, towels etc.

Ahhhhh, you have something peeking out...one eyed Pete. :D ---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Normally the dogs aren't allowed in the living room, that's how it stays clean! I've been trying lately to not watch as much of the idiot box so I sit in Dads recliner and read in the evening, but today with the rain it just felt right. I agree, a hound is always welcome !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here is the Glock knife some one turned me on to. The bent part of the hilt also works as a bottle opener. Testing has revealed it is effective on either Rolling Rock or Coors twist offs and ... you can twist them back on.

In addition here is a sample of what you are being protected from in the constant foreign attempts to infiltrate the board.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I have one of those knives somewhere but I DONT have one of those very high maintenance items in the second pic. Could not imagine the stress a gal like that could cause in your life.....I need this...I need that....give me more money......where are we going tonight?....oh no! You can't go to the gun club on Saturday, I need you to put gas in my BMW.....I hate your family.....I need you to work 3 full time jobs....... :D -6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This sort of stuff shows up weekly if not daily at times seeking access to the board.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh Hildabeast just go out to pasture already! Sure wish that pig would go jump/ fall/ get pushed off a cliff!

Well I see Dallas had tornadoes last night- hope no one was hurt or killed.

Don't know how much rain yesterday but it was a nice gentle rain, the kind we need! For some reason my rain gauge wasn't registering?!

Ok coffee is done, NOT BRC, ran outlast week. I had to change my subscription from 1 bag every 21 days to every 14 days.

Gotta go test fire that Ithaca , see if my smiffin skills worked !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea....the pig HRC needs to go......something about her...just her sight sickens me.

Fred is doing his job as moderator keeping the weirdos from infiltrating....funny thing, seems like he is the only one doing anything.....the other mods appear to be absent....and......it's not as if Old Savage is getting rich being a mod. :D

Oh well......WTF am I gonna do today? I have so much outside work to do I don't know where to start......should work on the 200' of fence............One more post to sink and two gate supports for when I stretch the main fence....

Well......I really don't have to do nothing ...... .....but it sure is nice outside.----6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Must be computers doing it but you have to wonder as most are in foreign languages.