The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by harry »

Things here are stable, with a state population of just over 1 million they have tested 311 people and of those only 8 tested positive. You can get just about anything you need still, Williston ND about 40 miles away is the closest Wally store and they are pretty well stocked also. The governor closed all the schools so the kids here are all walking around doing kid stuff, just like any other time of year. The only issue I have is the dang kids and their snowmobiles running around after dark (we just got a snow storm), they normally don’t allow it but I guess the police figure what the heck. With the population you guys have I guess it could go south real quick, stay vigilant.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Harry,

YOU WIN!!!!!!!!! Page 61. Your gift......

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Sure thing six, bet I can wipe that smile right off her face.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

People are whacked.
The virus is gonna be the least of our worries before long. We are squared away here. Parents, and two of the three kids are local. The youngest, his (pregnant) wife, and son are in Kodiak, AK in the USCG. They are isolated, so that is good. Service members, so hopefully good.
Best of all, this kid is a real badazz. More of a "survivor" than most. He has dodged certain death more than once. His nickname is "Cockroach".
But parents still worry.
People are capable of some crazy and stupid stuff.
I have ramped up my standard loadout for both home and traveling to work.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Being a survivor is not such a bad thing. Hope he and his family stay safe.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

piller wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:29 pm Being a survivor is not such a bad thing. Hope he and his family stay safe.
Thanks, buddy.
We really have never worried too much. People look at us funny when we say it, but not if they know him. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Jay....I've been told that by many people.....being an "urban" survivalist is really nothing more than being prepared so you can stay away from people for a month or two or three. I would not want to be a survivalist in the true sense of the word...you know, starting a fire with a bow and eating worms and such. Yuk! that chit would get old real fast.

Dined on breaded shrimp using the air fryer and some left over meatballs and washed it down with some pure orange juice.....that's good enough for me.....and about as primitive as I want to get.

The "spaz" is starting.....can sense it .....tailgated twice today and I was going 5 over the speed limit.............I figure that as the numbers of infected people rise and money runs out we will be headed into stage 6, maybe 7 by the first of the month.

Earlier I wrote about my buds gunshop.....on the local 11 pm Philly news they had a segment where gunshops are closing their doors as they have RUN OUT OF GUNS FOR SALE......just like Targetmaster did. This all makes the Obama gun rush look like child's play.

I would say we are at stage 4....pushing 5....
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup.
I'm seeing things I haven't seen also. Like I said above, I've increased "standard loadout" for the house and the truck.
I always keep stuff "in reach", but now I have enough for a firefight. I know I will be a target. its a small town and people know me.
I never wait till something is a problem. I'm usually doing the thing that "looks crazy", cause I'm ahead of the curve.
You don't see me trying to buy guns, ammo, or mags. I have enough so I can sell or trade and still have more than I need.

I changed my sig line for the first time since I joined this forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hello guys long time no talk to ya. I know it’s Kind of a secret but there is a virus out there that has BAD repercussions for the elderly. :shock:
We have been stupid busy at the Department of Health Nursing Care Facilties division. As of right now we have all the Nursing homes locked down buuuut they are having MAJOR staffing issues as, surprisingly enough some people don’t want to be quarantined in a Nursing Home for two or three weeks IF the Governor issues a MANDATORY hunker in place decree. we have been working from home since Monday morning via computer and cell phone. I believe Pennsylvania will get a mandatory stay home order by the end of the week. All schools are closed but some businesses are still open. My wife has always lived in Pa where anything was available at any time and has made fun of me for HOARDING (canning vegetables in the summer and game meat in the winter) now it looks like it might have been a good idea. Nice guns Jack. Remember if you run out of hand sanitizer liquor has alcohol in it and you get to pick your fingers when you’re done😎
Hopefully this will calm down soon but I have my doubts.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Having extra of things which wear out or run out is wise in my opinion. I know that we can put our trust in GOD, but not trying to get into philosophy, it seems that he has always helped those who help themselves. Being prepared for emergencies does not mean to me to go crazy, but it does mean that you should not let things just happen to you.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you for your work, FW!

Up here, it's kind of "normal" to have stuff put by. It was a way of life here for generations, but the last decade has seen a lot of changes with younger folks and "transplants".
People are too used to being taken care of instead of taking care of themselves. When the Mama .Gov starts failing to do it for everyone, the bedlam will start.
Quick.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I agree wholeheartedly Jay. I just can’t imagine my Grandmother’s house without her home canned veggies and meat. When I can my venison I put potato carrots and an onion slice, and spices right in the jar. When its time to use it open a couple jars add some cream of mushroom soup and mmmm mmmh. I Mom and Dad years and years ago took a cooking class with chef Prudhomn, and in the class he said don’t neva listen to a skinny man about good food. He don’t know nothing bout it. Ask the fattest guy you can find cause he KNOWS, and I am telling you my canned venison is some good stuff.
Anyway... I was listening to some guy on Beck driving home one night last week he said I have some food, some water, some medical supplies AND ENOUGH AMMO to get the rest! Kinda forthright wasn’t he.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha a wise man!
That sounds awesome with the deer meat! Have to remember that one.
Lots of folks can it here, too. I never have, but I'd like to try. I have a ton frozen but no doubt canned is better.
My problem is we eat our way through it pretty quick!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tomas!- Good to see you are on the ball and as diligent as usual.

I remembered last night my mags are 'in storage' gotta make a run to my warehouse soon! Plenty of ammo on hand though!

Cockroach- that says it all! Is he known as Cockroach by his CG unit? Can't get a better nickname than that :D

Here as most places a lot of places are closed, no travel restrictions yet. Traffic is very low on the major arteries- kinda strange.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:00 am

Cockroach- that says it all! Is he known as Cockroach by his CG unit? Can't get a better nickname than that :D

Here as most places a lot of places are closed, no travel restrictions yet. Traffic is very low on the major arteries- kinda strange.
Haha yup. Classic.
Yeah, I've noticed coming home in the morning is almost like going in at night. Traffic wise.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:54 pm
marlinman93 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:49 pm My wife just told me that Walmart and Target have both closed their doors here in town. She didn't hear the reason, so unsure why they'd do it? Other big stores are trying to hire more help to restock shelves, so not sure why these two would close and miss out on the frenzy of increased sales going on around here presently?
Maybe so they can restock the shelves before the hoards come back in the morning?

I dont doubt it one bit Six! I can only imagine how panicked the regular population is. I'm concerned but I'm not panicking yet...
No, it's not a short term closing or they'd simply reduce store hours if restocking was an issue.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

You pigs!!!!! Your all having fun and bs en without me.

Good to see my fine friend Tom is back........quarantined in a nursing home? Nada...I'd go crazy and most likely would bust a cap on my head if I was forced to live in one....saw several relatives live a life of misery ......and then they died anyway! I was happy when they died as I know for sure, they suffered physically and emotionally.

Piller......I hear ya......"God helps those who help themselves".....I knew that........as a child I heard a lot of stories from my mother, who grew up in Nazi Germany, who knew what hardships were during the war years.

OK......hey Jay......your sons ALL appear to be bad azzes to me.....you taught them well, son.. :D .....was it Cody that I met?
I think I'm going to adopt Jay as my son.....I figure I only have two kids and have room for another. What are we, 12 years apart? I could be yo daddy.....what the hell, adopt Gunny and Tom as a surrogate sons too.......Griff and Old Savage will be my daddies. :D --6
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I WOULD LOVE YOU TO ADOPT ME! I know what’s in those big steel boxes🤗 DAD!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

fordwannabe wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:52 am I WOULD LOVE YOU TO ADOPT ME! I know what’s in those big steel boxes🤗 DAD!
Hi son! Yea......you can have all the guns......it's all only "stuff"......

Now, as I have a new son who is "in the know", what's the scoop here in Pa? Ya know that road in front of the house where you took me on a ride that went from 0-85 in about 4 seconds?.....well, near deserted.

MY PRESIDENT, President Donald Trump just said on a news conference that the cases are going to dramatically increase in the next 4-5 days due to increased and better testing. In your professional and extremely knowledgeable educated mind, is this disease considerably more easily transferred than other types of flu? Some news doesn't make sense.....if the swine flu and SARS, which the news put out as more lethal, those never got the attention that this new disease is getting. I still say there's more to this than what we are being told.

Thanks SON! (I'm keeping the below pictured guns to the side for you....do you want me to engrave your name on them with my $1.98 engraver?)
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

NOOO! No engraving. Yes this strain of the flu is more lethal to immunocompromised individuals. Second it is very contagious even before signs of being sick. The next issue is that we cannot handle the volume of people anticipated to get the virus. The CDC has lowered the “recovered” criteria. That makes my spider scenes tingle! Why?
This next statement is NOT written in stone but If you want or need ANYTHING get it soon. I can tell you from personal meetings the Government has discussed a mandatory 14 day in home quarantine. Will update as Inhear things.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Six,

Yes, it was Cody you met. He is the one in Alaska. He had just got back from his first hitch there when you met him. He was on his way to 5 years in Virginia for boat duty. He was on boarding teams for drug interdiction. Also in charge of weapons on the boat. His original MOS is electronics tech haha. Gotta love the CG. He volunteered to replace an injured guy on a buoy tender and navigated it for a year, also.
Now he is back in Alaska servicing light beacons and communication installations from boats and helicopter hoists. His wife is in also, and directs payroll and transfers of personnel.

Hey! I was adopted first guys! Get your hands off my inheritance! :D
So you're 12 years older than me. In these parts, that would be called "waiting to have kids". :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, Griff could be right about the .44 Spl Vaquero being a factory labeling error. A .357 in the same size is labeled New Vaquero. That cylinder is stronger yet.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Wow! Thank you my friend! Wishing the best to you guys...sure YOU have your hands full......

Thanks on the heads up on the 14 day thingy.......my guess is hardly anyone is good to go for a long time on perishables....eggs do last a long time and it's not hard to make your own bread but it's a PITA ....plus, don't think we have any yeast. The bread we do have will have to last until it gets moldy...then we go to the bread in the fridge...after that it's the bread in the freezer....if we can't get nothing after that I'll just start throwing dogs in the meat grinder....

We stay focused on proteins.......got to have my four eggs in the a.m. and some kind of meat later in the day....

Vitamins of every kind here...probably enough for a year or two.

Thanks Tom......ya notice the serial number on the 1905 Colt 45? Those two guns are NOT mine.--6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey! We're on together!

Ya done well Jay......kids learn from their parents.....me and mom are also proud of our kids despite me being a little wild when I was younger......

I see Freds onboard......how's things out there in soft stuff land?--6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The Gun Shop sold about 2/3 of 4 display cases of hand guns over the weekend to yesterday, never saw that before. No eggs or bananas at the stores, very limited paper.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gee I'm still working and I get left out! Well Pop all I want is a 25-20 and a 348, PLEASE. The my brothers can fight for the rest of it. Oh a the 25-20 & 348 ammo as well- please,please, PLEASE.

All I'm doing is going to work and home. Claro has a vet appointment tomorrow afternoon, gotta stop for dog food and fuel then home. I'm staying away from the public as much as possible! If they say 14 days ok I can watch John Wayne movies , load ammo, split more wood and spend time here. No biggie.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My eye dr called to cancel my appointment for Next Friday ....office closed for at least two weeks starting tomorrow morning. One of the things they said in our meeting is that the state government is looking at how to add beds(places for sick people) so they are talking about empty schools and placing tents on the grounds of existing hospitals.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tom , this 14 days you mentioned is that going to be in PA only or national?
Please keep us posted about what you hear.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Wow! Philly is releasing prisoners......they said any non violent charge will result in release and if you are charged, no bail. Yes. an individual who burglarizes your house and does not threaten you or does not have a weapon will be released.

Gunny.....do you want a pre war or post war 71? Standard or deluxe? 3 digit or four digit or five digit serial number? Better hurry as I don't have many 71's. Plenty of 73's, 92's, 94's, 95's, single action Colts, on and on.....(only joking) I only have two 71's, both pre wars, a standard and a deluxe. 25-20's? Only 3..model 53, Rem. 25, and a Marlin CL.

Remember, material items mean NOTHING if you don't have your health. Stay the F away from diseased people and stay home. Gunny...can you work from home? Get your iPad and draw up a kitchen then start ripping out the cabinets. :D

This is crazy man! FOUR THOUSAND CASES in one day in Italy...go back a page and see my predictions.....it's gonna happen.....we have entered stage 5. My inlaws are having issues. The main house, which we call the "farm" is where everyone congregates and kids are dropped off for babysitting while the parents work..... about 10 kids from babies to around 12.....people eat, and so forth. I rarely go there as kids get on my nerves except on holidays. A lot of consumable goods come and go and they are running low. --6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Spent the AM "sheltering in place". Then, I decided to shelter on a golf cart. ;-)

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:22 pm Spent the AM "sheltering in place". Then, I decided to shelter on a golf cart. ;-)
Oh man! That ain't fair! We are suffering something terrible and your playing golf!!!!!!!

On a good note I heard that you can prevent virus germs from getting into your system by burying your face between warm and soft human tissue......

Ya know, Hannity is exposing the mainstream news something terrible. If it wasn't for Fox News none of us would know anything about what is happening in this country concerning any issue. I hope the hell Dems get beat so bad this November they will become extinct.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Gunny only in discussion stage. Last resort kinda thing but it looks BAD at this s point. Pa state discussions. But it would not surprise me if it has been brought up in the Garden state too.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Now THATS what I call a picture! Snazzy golf cart, the clubs, sunshine, a big smile...more like a chit eaten' grin :D , and a cold Coors. You stinker.

What till Griff sees that cart. Don't worry about Jay seeing it...too big for the coat.

You look great Fred......your liven' large bro.

Ahhhhhh...one thing missing....where's the dark haired babe?----6
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Someone had to take the picture.
That is the best I could come up with at the moment. Woke up and my blood sugar was at 51. I had to get something to raise it and decided to check in while waiting for it to come up. I have one of the Freestyle Libre moniters. I don't have to poke my fingers all the time.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The golf course I pass on my way to &Afros the Washington house is now just a field with T boxes and sand traps. The entrance is blocked off.

51 Piller? Isn't that quite LOW?! I'm not a diabetic, not sure if I even know one... Used to but that guy had an insulin pump.

Oh well time for some Gunship coffee.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

YES Gunny 51 is LOW. A couple weeks ago I was helping my nephew build a leprechaun snare for a school project( looks an awful lot like an old trapdoor box snare for squirrels) I took my long acting insulin then got involved in the project and forgot to eat. Woke up at 0230 feeling BAAAD and my sugar was 62! Piller take care of yourself, buddy.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Dam this roughing it is getting old.
6DA542CA-142F-4BA5-B88A-7807E79FCC6F.jpeg
A couple chicken fruit with homemade venison snack stick cut up in it. Some tater with chipotle spice and here is the rough part... had to use some minced dehydrated onion cause I was out OH the HORROR.
Ok just a little brevity in a tense situation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

51? Goes to show you how stupid I am...I always thought it was the other way around....my wife is not diabetic ...yet.....but she takes readings everyday. Sometimes she takes mine and it ranges anywhere from 90-110. Sometimes hers will be around 150 which I'm told is too high.

So...when it's low what does that mean? Your putting out too much insulin?

Where's Fred when you need him?------6

Tom......your sausage looks like it has a vein in it.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I take a shot every day of an insulin that keeps going slow and steady for 24 hours, and take a shot twice a day that is part fast acting and part 12 hour slow and steady. If I don't eat something at the right time, it can get too low. I have only been diabetic since last august when a bad reaction to an antibiotic named Cipro killed my pancreas, and I am still learning what happens based on what I do. Activity level, amount of water, and even sleep all affect my sugar level. From August to December my blood sugar averaged 800. That can put anyone in a coma. I came close. From December to now my blood sugar has averaged 89, but that is on insulin. I cannot take pills because the unusual reaction to Cipro killed my pancreas and I do not make my own insulin anymore.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The good thing is that my diabetes was only going on for about 3 months before it was caught.
D. Brian Casady
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OK...thank you Piller.......before I read the post you just posted I asked my wife what the "scoop was on low numbers". The way she explained it to me made me go take a nerve pill.......you explained it much better. Even though I'm not diabetic I like to know a lot a things as knowledge cannot be taken from you.

She knew all about the Cipro fiasco.

Now, if they could come up with a pill to cure stupidity and aggressive ADHD, I'd be set. :) ---6
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:49 pm;-)
Why it looks the same here, except for the sunless sky, rain and cool temps! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:19 pm
Old Savage wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:49 pm;-)
Why it looks the same here, except for the sunless sky, rain and cool temps! :P
Hey Griff....you gonna comment on Old Savages golf cart?..... It would be dangerous for you to get your hands on that.....I can see it now, the world's first golf cart with a 500 cat in it.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! You guys take care of that sugar. That ain't nothing to mess with.
When I was tool grinding, I worked with a feller that had had a kidney transplant and was on insulin. I learned a lot about diabetes from being around him every day.
He went home one night and his sugar got low on the road. He cleaned out a row of mailboxes but luckily wasn't hurt.

Ran to Walmart this morning after work to get a prescription for my mom. Don't want them going anywhere if they don't have to. Told my dad not to go anywhere without being heeled.
Left for work last night and there were kids running everywhere. I expect crime to shoot up now. Work is a disaster with improper handling of the situation. Of course, management is all home. Fools.

Well, going to go gas the truck, fill some cans, and pick up a few more 1lb propane tanks.

Gotta stay ahead of the Dark Man. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Wow Piller that sucks! I've heard of Cipro, also about it bothering some people but never heard about what happened to you!! Tom you need more of those Tuesday hot dogs!! :lol:

Somehow I dont think the frame in a golf cart would take a 500 Cat... maybe a cummins 4BT, maybe.

Got an email from the veterinarian office, they are limiting the number of patients in the clinic at one time. Of course I'm taking Claro in this afternoon for her annual & suture removal. Boy does she want to RUN! I guess her knee is not bothering her. Her shaved leg is starting to grow in thanks to melatonin boosting her hair follicles into overtime.

From what I'm hearing the grocery stores around here are fairly well stocked. Although this morning when I was filling the truck the guy at the gas station said a confirmed case in the next town east of us. I said we should blow the bridge at the county line and keep those infected over there!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, now you want to see a fresh looking cylinder. ;-)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well Tom was right! Gov of PA just said all non life sustaining businesses are ordered to close !
The club I shoot at in PA sent me an email that all ranges are closed until further notice.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Been on the phone aaaaaalllll g.d.night.......lot of problems out there and more than a few I know are totally unprepared.

Pa SHUT DOWN......The longest bridge in the world, the Commodore Barry....closed.....good....it starts in Jersey...(sorry Gunny :D )

Old Savage is ready....but ya better trade that 6 shooter for a 30 shooter AR........before all this I had loaded guns all over the place....now I REALLY have loaded guns all over the place.

My nephew, who is a big shot as a dozer operator putting in sewer lines was told to stay home...indefinitely.....

Is this all of an overreaction ......or is something really bad coming our way?---6

Targetmaster is cleaned out of guns....and the line is still stretched around the building.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm like you, Six. I always have guns around the house.
Usually with a couple mags. I have made a MAJOR increase in my loadout for the rifles now.

Bring it on, Dark Man. :D