The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:15 pm There is a solution. Start your own business.
Yeah, but the economy here isn't real conducive to success in that venture.
Plus, with 32 years invested, I'm kind of stuck. If I get done, I have to wait longer to collect my pension.
Plus, I'm not putting any more in it, or my 401k.
My best bet at thus stage is to try and ride out the 8 years I have left.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

But, you won the page!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:49 pm But, you won the page!
You're right buddy!
I can finally retire! Just waiting for my winnings. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey! The mailman didnt drop off my model 64 today... did you send it ups? Cuz my delivery guy Pete is a cowboy shooter a d he might have taken it home!!?? Ya better send another one!

Oh wait you won a page -heck just keep the 64, MY gift to you!! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh too late! I already sent it. I bet porch pirates got. Oh well, too bad buddy. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You won! The rest of us are coming to visit for a week, drinking your beer ,seeing what you can cook up and evaluating your stuff. Then RR/Six/Jay bird will come up with some equitable distribution. All the while you can complain about the weather and your boss. Boy are you going to love this ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

On a brighter note, tomorrow will likely yield 73 new rounds of 45 Colt of the highest quality. These will be separately crimped from seating with a Lee carbide crimp die.

And Six, we are likely together on pistol reloading. I have used a variety of shotgun powders though not Herco for sensible loads. Then if I want to step out I use a .410 powder, 2400. I see I loaded about 14,000 rds in about 8 months then took 16 years off just loading for rifles.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Jay, I'd sue... discrimination. My average body temp is 99.6º. Has not varied in nearly 60 years. Unlike my blood pressure! Gets exceptionally high when I read about dealios like this!

On the other hand... I went to the gun club today. As usual in this day and circumstance, the gate was closed. I punched in the code and the gate OPENED! Magic, gun club is open for business. There was one other old guy there, packin' up to leave.

I shot enough thru 3 of my 45 Colt rifles to foul the barrels and get that crusty fouling to throw my boolits all over the target. I think they all stayed on the target stand, if not the actual target! first group of 5 outta each gun was pretty good. Slow fire is NOT conducive to fouling control... if you don't run a rod thru the barrel every so often!

Then got out the 1903-A3. This rifle is a keeper. The low-power target loads I buy from a friend are awesome! First group was around 7:30 in the 9 ring, one flyer in the same area of the 8 ring. I've never adjusted the sight since I bought it, so moved the rear sight over and up one "click". The next 3 shots went into the 9 ring about 2:30 with the 2 being called "flyers" out in the 8 & 7 rings at about the same height. I then moved the sight back a little to the left, (splitting the distance), and VIOLA! 4 shots in the 10 ring, 1 of which center punched the "X", with another ¼" above and left. Then, of course, my last shot had to be another flyer an 1/8" out in the 9-ring! Except for my flyers, none of the groups are over 1-½". GOOD for my 69 year old eyes and iron sights... Did I mention just how SKINNY that front blade is!

But the creme-de-la-creme was the new AR H-BAR with a Seekins billet upper & lower! Fluted 20" H-Bar barrel, .223 Wylde chamber, a true "parts" gun I put together! 15 shots with 3 distinct groups of 5, 2 of which are about an 1". The first group was a tad larger, as I was wearing my glasses with the scope and just couldn't seem to get the focus correct. I was out in the 8-9 ring about 2" with one flyer @ 9 o'clock just touching the 10 ring. I moved the scope 4 click right, and 2 clicks up, and have a ragged line on the 9-10 ring from 5 to 3 o'clock. Moved the horizontal 2 clicks left and the next 4 shots are at the bottom of the x-ring, with one by itself up at the top of same ring! I believe this rifle will get better as I shoot it more. I believe I'm still under 50 rounds thru it. 15 or 20 rounds to set the adjustable gas block, 15 or so the 1st time I put it on paper. I've got a 1-6 Vortex on it, and so far... I'm impressed with the visibility and clarity... once I took off my glasses and could focus on the dot! I didn't even turn on the electronics, just used the black dot. But it was around noon with the sun just breaking out thru the cloud cover. Good day for shooting, cool enough for a sweatshirt in the am, not really warming up until I got home.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

See happens when you get truckers doing physiology. That would be 98.6°. What hell was that about a reefer hauling hogs? Or maybe Griff ;-) is always in a fever. Guy on the go!

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

lotta action today but first, let's talk about Griff getting to the gunclub today...he says, "an old guy was just leaving". Dang Griff, how old was he, 114? :D Did ya ever notice the older you get the people who used to look old to you no longer look old? I used to laugh at the guys at work who played baseball in the "over 30 club".

That's quite some shooting with the 03a3....I love mine. Try cast at 1800. I can hit the 300 meter pig every shot with mine.....off the bench of course.

JAY wins...don't have anything "67" so I made a prize for Jay. BTW, Jay, wait till you get to the last 3 years at work...even though you will be "top dog" like I was, you will HATE it. It takes big balls and a special personality to have your own business. Old Savage is blessed in those respects. You have to be able to handle lots of things at once and deal with pressure....I can't...a bit weak minded on such matters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok Jay, put away the sausage and the brats. Guess we are not coming but, you won a sign, lucky you. You get to keep your stuff. Now on to business, personally been in business of one sort of another since 68, family since 1913. The place to be it turns out was Govt. Bennies and all. But back to my .45 Colts - production tomorrow. If that doesn't get you guys back to guns I will have to dust off the moderator logs and drop the hammer. Fun, fun, fun! Unless they up the pay

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Howda like my driveway chain? Notice dust on Jeep hood from garage? ...ain't drove in a awhile
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ok OS, I'm done! No need to go all "Moderator" on us! :D

I was all excited thinking you guys were coming. Got the wife out of bed to start cooking. You'd find out soon enough that I can't.
Now....as for going all Bernie Sanders on my stuff.....nope. :D
You guys are my buddies, all first rate gun guys, so you can use it all to your hearts content.
Gun redistribution.......? That's pretty original. :D

Nice shooting Griff. Sounds like a great day.

My ole pal Six is blockading his kingdom. Tomorrow he will pull out the Kabota and dig a moat around the house. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OK Fred...like you say, back to guns and fun but first, THREE STORIES from S.E. Pa.

These stories all come from the local supermarket where my SIL is a cashier.

1.) a high falutin woman comes up to the belt with her groceries and says to my SIL, "I want this belt disinfected before I put my food on it." My SIL, "I clean it after every customer so it's clean." Woman, "I want to see it cleaned." My SIL, "Take your groceries to another cashier or get the F out." (She's my wife's sister, full italian :D ) woman leaves the store.

2.) man with shopping cart puts multiple packages of toilet paper in cart.....large sign in front on paper says, "one per customer". Worker tells him politely "one to a customer". Man picks up packages and throws them at worker, then throws everything in the cart on the floor. Police are called and man leaves before cops get there.

3.) man gets in argument with worker on the floor, a black girl. Man starts ranting then screams, "go the F back to Africa where you came from." Cops are called and he leaves before the get there.

Now you know the kind of people I have to deal with around here. They think they are something special and are usd to having people serve them. They have NO clue on how to survive when infrastructure is not there for them.....it's going to get worse. We have entered stage 6.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OldWin wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:35 pm Ok OS, I'm done! No need to go all "Moderator" on us! :D

I was all excited thinking you guys were coming. Got the wife out of bed to start cooking. You'd find out soon enough that I can't.
Now....as for going all Bernie Sanders on my stuff.....nope. :D
You guys are my buddies, all first rate gun guys, so you can use it all to your hearts content.
Gun redistribution.......? That's pretty original. :D

Nice shooting Griff. Sounds like a great day.

My ole pal Six is blockading his kingdom. Tomorrow he will pull out the Kabota and dig a moat around the house. :D

Jay......Do you have a microphone in my house? I filled the Kubota up with diesel and went to Home Depot...got 500 bags of cement.......the compound is on the way complete with gun ports for the BAR.

I have a sign keeping out my inlaws......it says, "Only my pals Fred, Griff, Jay, Gunny, Tom, Piller,and AJMD can pass through.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It is getting a little crazy around here, but not that bad. Part of it is that most of the middle aged women in Texas have a firearm in their purse. Don't push them. They don't back up worth a darn around here.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You young fellows think there is order but as RR points out it is a thin veneer. We shall see how far it goes but keep your cool. We pretend here. Spell a bad word wrong ... oh no. 😵 Really be serious, but we may be about to see actual STUFF. They let another 1700 prisoners out but want to arrest you for ... being too close. I am checking with the local gun shop to see if they do tske out or free delivery.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Lots of ammunition being bought. Funny, but I went a couple of days ago and got more .357 Mag. A lot of that left, but 9mm was gone. My wife and son are both pretty good with a .357. Things are looking weird, but still pretty quiet around me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I guess I Just did not look close enough. Yowser! What a chain :o Tell you what, haul my logs out on my trailer and lay them across that drive, pointed stakes around it, got claymores, all the better.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's true OS.
There was no cases here a couple weeks ago.
All the out of staters are getting the same idea. "Hey! Lets go to Maine!"
People are getting pretty unfriendly.
Last weekend down to Vinalhaven (an island), some outta stater comes up and won't quarantine. An armed group of locals showed up at his house, took a chainsaw , and dropped a tree across the end of his driveway.
It could get scary quick folks.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

darn outta stater. Should had oughta know betta.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey pops, your getting funny!!! Got a good memory too....you remembered the logs!

Your right Fred........our society has always been a thin veneer........disaster has always been 1/4" of plywood away........

I noticed this when I was a young man.....There are TWO times when people show their true colors....when they are drunk and when they are mad.......right now people who already had stuff on their minds are breaking. The crowded cities are first...man never was designed to live so close together. Next it will be the suburban people who think they are rich.....that's my area...5,000 sq ft houses, two BMW's, membership at Penn Oaks Country Club down the road, kids in prep school, on and on....and it ALL on paper as their $200,000 yearly paychecks go out as fast as they come in and right now, those paychecks will soon be a memory. Cracking.........they crack a few days after they go broke and have no clue on how to survive without their "elite support". Without "having their way" leaves them with "no way". Burn wood to stay warm? What's that? Cut their own grass..soon......what's a lawn mower?

It still has not hit yet.....but it's coming...I've seen what three days at home after a snowstorm does to these people.

Seeing military vehicles around here...National Guard is converting a huge reform school to a hospital down the road.

Trump says, "maybe 100-200,000 deaths in the next couple of weeks.

Your right Fred........I can hear that veneer starting to crack....

Ccccrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Dang Jay...you Mainesters are my kind of people...is that for real? Dropped a tree on the dudes driveway? I like that,

It's only beginning and people are "nice" now. Mess with those rednecks and they will show ya who's king of the mountain.....Money don't mean nuttin to a redneck....all these college edumacated liberals are gonna know what's it's like when the Schumer hits the fan.---6 o da redneck but just a junior redneck compared to Mainesters.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Fred, really is 99.4-.6º all the time. Never seems to be a problem, unless I volunteer to give blood... they won't take it.

Jay, you don't wanna retire... folks die after they retire... :P :P

Jack, you don't really believe that little yellow plastic chain is going to stop anyone do you? :P :P

What I didn't relate was my one big "FAIL" at the range. I took some 300 gr boolits sized at .410 for the Sharps... I was going to load up 5 with ~80 grains of Swiss 1-½, and 5 with Goex "Cartridge". 80 grains brings the charge right to the bottom of the neck in the big .40-90 Sharps BN case. A .36" lubed Ox-Yoke wad makes a perfect fit and provides some compression to the less than 100% fill load. (85 grs. of BP does that in modern cases). So I get a new target all set up, the rifle in the rest, and pick up my 1st primed case, measure 80 grains of Swiss and dump it in the case... take the Ox-Yoke wad and press it in the neck, put the pair in the shell holder in the Lee Hand Press and set a SPG lubed bullet on top, and proceed to crumple the case. My expander is only .408". And in accordance with the laws of nature, a .410" boolit will NOT fit inside! Somehow, I neglected to bell the case mouths. :oops: So the Sharps took a trip to the range, got aired out a little, and now gets to go back, All the warm up for competition, only to get rained out!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Just got this from a friend:

Sometime this year, we taxpayers will again receive another 'Economic Stimulus' payment.
This is indeed a very exciting program, and I'll explain it by using a Q & A format:

Q. What is an 'Economic Stimulus' payment ?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q.. Where will the government get this money ?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money ?
A. Only a smidgen of it.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment ?
A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?
A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U.S. Economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

* If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China or Sri Lanka.

* If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to the Arabs.

* If you purchase a computer, it will go to India, Taiwan or China.

* If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.

* If you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea.

* If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan.

* If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by:

1) Spending it at yard sales, or
2) Going to ball games, or
3) Spending it on prostitutes, or
4) Beer or
5) Tattoos.

(These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S.)

Conclusion:

Go to a ball game with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok Griff, oral? You might be some sort of hybrid.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We had a woman get shot yesterday! Seems there was a car accident on the interstate with a shooting, she was shot with a shotgun!
Now we can only speculate as to how it happened. Road rage? Was she followed from the grocery store? Dunno...
Don't know if she was killed or not...

Yes six you are right, these sheeple have not survival skills. Can't ride out a storm , can't change a flat tire, can't defend themselves without the aclu. It is going to be screwy!

So who has .375 cast bullets? I'm thinking about working up some loads for my H&H mag.

6.5 quake in Idaho yesterday! I have family about 100 miles from the epicenter- waiting for a first hand report.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have some cast boolits in 377. They are rnfp but you are welcome to a bunch. I even has a mold for said same if you want to borrow it.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks Tom, next time I'm out that way I'll try to catch up with you! Your are the best- dont care what Six says!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey....hey there!...........Gunny.....PM me your address....again.....everything was lost on my previous handle........I'll get ya gas checked bullets sized .377 out to ya........pronto!

Griffy Pooh.....that plastic chain already worked....my buddy Tom, who owns Targetmaster called this morning.....well, when I got up, around noon ......and he tells me! "Look outside"..... so I looked out the window and he's there in the middle of the road waving back at me.......he continues, "I was gonna stop in but you got a chain out there". I told him , "good, and it has a lock on it too and I have no key.".........his business is still open and I don't want him here. He did say the his range is closed, bathrooms are roped off and only a smidgen of people can come in at a time...

....he told me and I don't believe him that he asked his employees if they wanted to shut down and they wanted to stay open.....well, that's what you get when you spend more money than what you have.....I've told people for years and years..."you never know what can happen, don't get in debt except for a house......save for everything else and if you buy a new car, get what you can afford along with the maintenance that comes with every car.......e.g.....

My nephew just blew 80 g's on a new Range Rover..(maintenance headache) and another 65g's on a fancy GMC pick up....and he is a heavy equipment operator........these younguns live like there's no tomorrow. ....

Well...gonna play now
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Jay Bird wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:03 am Dang Jay...you Mainesters are my kind of people...is that for real? Dropped a tree on the dudes driveway? I like that,

It's only beginning and people are "nice" now. Mess with those rednecks and they will show ya who's king of the mountain.....Money don't mean nuttin to a redneck....all these college edumacated liberals are gonna know what's it's like when the Schumer hits the fan.---6 o da redneck but just a junior redneck compared to Mainesters.
I figured you'd like that one, buddy. Yeah, it's for real.
Like you said above, people are pretty upside down in debt. The gloves will come off quick.
They locked our state down as of tonight. Got to have a letter to go back and forth to work. Bet I won't need a permission slip to pay taxes though.

"Let the insanity begin!"

Dark man be comin'!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well.... I may have been exposed ! The neighbor I help out is running a fever, low BP but not having the stomach issues they say goes with it. Of course she called her Dr, go to the ER. she doesn't want to go & I dont blame her!
However, she had the heat up, under an electric blanket and masked up because she has home health people there. Her BP has been low, 2 bad valves in her heart...

PM on the way Six Bird !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:13 pm Well.... I may have been exposed!

Oh S......your the first to go.......dang! Just when we were becoming good buddies. When you type messages here, TYPE SLOWLY.....I DONT WANT THE S COMING ON MY IPAD TO ME!!!

On being exposed......well, next time close your curtains. You shouldn't be "exposing yourself" in front of the bay window. Besides, your not setting a good example for Claro and Parker......we have enough weirdo's as it is!!!!! :D

NOW, on to my chain....WORKED TWICE!......I've told you guys a thousand times, I don't know what it is about me...when people see me they have to stop. WTF? ...I'm walking down to driveway to retrieve my buckets at the end of the driveway that I use for recycling and low and behold...here comes my BIL.....pulls in just enough to get his Jeep off the road.....says to me, "man, I had to get out of the house and I saw you walking down the driveway."

So if someone sees me outside that's an invitation???? Another WTF.

He asks me what the chain is all about and I tell him it's to keep out unwanted visitors and that it worked once this morning when Tommy came driving by and now it looks like it worked twice. He looked at me puzzled...this guy is dense. Gave him 15 minutes of BS time and told him I had S to do. He left telling me, " OK buddy, thanks and let's go to the club sometime to pull some triggers." I says, "sure, in about 3 or 4 months....in the meantime wait by the phone, I'll call you." :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Y e s S I x I m t y p I n g s l o w l y.

So has anyone see the commercial for this new show The Warrant? Look for it as it has a very rare LAFT HANDED 1861 Springfield in it !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well this morning one of the guys I'm working with said someone I know has the chicom19. Well I just got off the phone and yup it's TRUE. He felt cruddy with a fever for 12 days before doc finally said to get tested. They are now 1 week into their 2 week quarantine. Said other than fever he didnt feel all that bad...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:47 pm very rare LAFT HANDED 1861 Springfield in it !
Oh man THAT is rare! I've seen right handed and left handed guns but never a LAFT handed... :D

OK, I'm going outside
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ya know my phone hasn't been spelling too well today, mustn't be as smart as its supposed to be! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

So my kid texts me saying he has a line on some Winchesters in Alaska.
A pre 64 model 70 super grade in 270 with a Lyman Alaskan. 1600

A 71 deluxe for 2k.

An 1895 in 35wcf for 2200

I should have some pics in a while. Don't sound bad if they are straight and original. Kid is hot for the 71. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Smart kid !! If he can swing it I hope he can get all 3!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

70 rds of 45 Colt, 255 gr SWC, 7.1 gr 231, new Starline cases - the finest pistol hand loads I have ever seen.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well WE haven't seen em ! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Let me remedy that ;-)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mmmmmm 45s!
Looks good OS. I never seem to have enough loaded. :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well the "hick" runs deep here.
I just saw where an 87 year old guy un Bangor was charged with aggravated assault for beating the h3ll out of his son.
Old and feeble........ ? :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Old Savage really makes those bullets purty ...shiny, perfect crimps, no dirt, probably cleaned primer pockets and weighed charges. I just took a pic of some 32-20's I loaded.....right out of the box....this is as pretty as I make them....uneven crimps , mixed headstamps, etc.dang things still shoot into tiny groups.

Beddy time.---91

Gunny's bullets...they are .379...got to resize them in the early afternoon when I get up.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

For a walk on the wild side I throw a charge or two without weighing. ;-)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Depends on the powder, if it's a long grain extruded powder I weigh every charge, shorter extruded I might weigh every 5 or 10, ball powder - well that's just wasting time. They look very nice OS. What's your recipe ?

Just curious JB, what weight are those 37's? Don't really matter as this is going to be an experiment. Ive been looking at load data, only powder I have on hand that is in the Cast Bullet handbook is 5744. Guess I'll start with that. I have to go through my powder stash .

Out walking the dogs this morning, Claro on leash ( as per Dr's orders)Winnie and Parker loose, I stop at my usual spot to relieve myself and Parker decides she is going to pee right where I'm going... Pizzed on her head! Even though I was trying very hard not to!!

Ah well, back to the grind today, crown moulding going up on the new cabinets we installed yesterday.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

70 rds of 45 Colt, 255 gr SWC, 7.1 gr 231, new Starline cases

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I cant say I've ever shot a 45 colt... knew a guy with a 45 win mag, it was a handful but nothing like a wheel gun for recoil. Gallagher was cutting 348/ 45-70 down to 1&3/8" and stuffing .458 bullets into them. Those would rock your world.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

45 Colt, 44 Spl, 45 ACP all pretty much the same, big bullet with moderate velocity.