The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jay Bird

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Jay Bird »

My wife found these pictures on Facebook that were taken of me back in 2013. My buddy Tom, who owns Targetmaster stopped over to show me his deuce and 1/2. Has like 12,000 miles on it. Wow! 7 years ago and it seemed like yesterday. My mustache and hair were brown

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Damm...won another page. I win the model 65
ImageE
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

In honor of winning 64 and 65 is the Size Matters recognition award for Mr. 32-20. 32x2 = 64. 0s don't count.

Here you see a 64 oz. flask.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Deuce and a half ... Ok but it is no Corvair.

Seriously, nice pics, drove one in the National Guard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

What's in that container?

Who's car are you in? That certainly was not taken when you were in the guard. :)

My first car was a 62 Corvair ragtop. That car would drive through any snow. Put in an 8 track player and it was one party machine...oh the stories.....had a different girl in there every weekend...one time two girls in the same night....took the first one home around 8 and picked up another one till midnight......crazy days they were..crazy nights too!--6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Six wins again. You should have reminded me, I forgot to post a picture of the 64s.
One on the left is a 64/94 hybrid. It was a factory job done pre war to a 1899 mfd 94 rifle. Chambered in 32WS and had a 56 Lyman installed. My best shooting Winchester. I don't care for pistol grips so this one is just perfect in balance and handling.
The next is a pre war standard 30-30. Same as my grandfather carried as a warden.
Beside it is an early post was standard 32.
Far right is a pre war 20" standard short rifle in 30-30.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Had a 64 That was an NRA 1971 Commemorative. Took my drivers test in a 64 Corvair. That one is owned by z guy at the course. He has at least three including a station wagon.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

FOUR 64's??? You pig!!! Who the hell do you think you are????? FOUR!!!! :D

Hey, for real pal......the hybrid is interesting.......something how people back in the day would spend money for a rework....today, people just buy a new one and throw the other in the trash...... people have too much money today.

The short rifle (carbine) is a seldom seen rifle too....can I have it?......or if I come up your way can I borrow your coat while your in the bathroom?

Fred..one time I was in the mall parking lot in my old Corvair when I heard a big bang. The engine fell out. :D my buddy towed it back to the house....he had a wrecker...always had friends where it counted. :D ........went to the junk yard the next day and got a motor mount and a couple of hours later I was back in business. Another time I was at a party and when I went to leave I had no brakes........brake line broke............well, I had to get home..about 7-8 miles....I drove it like that downshifting to slow myself down.....just cruised through a couple of small intersections.......very open country at the time........when I got home and started in the driveway, which was on a slope I just downshifted into first gear and ran into one of my dad's bushes. Yea...crazy times.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I figure old shot out 38-55s and 32-40s were what was mostly returned for this treatment during the depression.
I've actually seen several of these up here. Almost all are in 32 Special. I'm sure there was a surplus of those barrels.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jay, they are all very cool. The short rifle is stunning.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey...you want to hear something really f.u.? Well, your gonna hear it anyway.......we have all read about the 1918 Spanish flu and how it killed a lot of people worldwide....I spent the better part of the evening researching this and using a calculator......I found my numbers were very close to what I finally did read.

Worldwide, the 1918 flex had a mortality rate of 2.5 percent...it was closer to less than 1 percent here in the states.....AND THIS WAS WHEN THERE WAS HARDLY ANY DECENT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY AND KNOW HOW. YES, THE COUNTRY WAS SHUT DOWN THEN TOO, BUT SPORADICALLY.

We now have the best of modern medicine and currently the mortality rate here in the states is 1.5 per cent....much higher in other countries like Italy, Iran etc where it runs 7-10 percent.

Where the 1918 flu killed younger people, this covid 19 supposedly kills old people with a smattering of youngsters like Jay and Tom.

I think we ARE BEING LIED TO....and that this virus is more deadly than the 1918 flu. As far as I'm concerned, I know I ain't going nowhere and Trump ought to rethink about putting the country back to work.

Now I know why Prsident Trump looks worried....he has reason to.

Fred....Tom?...your opinions please........lock and load as by this time next month the sh.it is really gonna hit the fan.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Friend from England gets this from a friend of his, ICU doc, that the symptoms are dangerously enhanced in Ibuprofen and Advil users.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So explain your rookie mistakes? Were you crumpling cases? That is a common problem if I'm not mistaken? Back when I was shooting my 23B a lot I remember ruining a few cases.

Mr 32-20 Jr. What's your next step? Reduce your 'max' load by .5 gr to reduce noise but still get a bit more fps?

Six my opinion is Trump decided the 15 days to slow the spread was just to get a better idea of what is going on. I have a feeling he is going to put a STOP to everything knowing nothing has been slowed down. Here traffic has continually gotten more and more by the day. I think people are ignoring the governors order to stay home. Also I don't believe the press, not even Fox. Now I'm not a doom & gloom guy but this is unprecedented, not sure if anyone knows what/when/how this will play out.
As for Iran, it's a good start...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks you guys. The only one I've fired is the hybrid. I shot a nice 7 pointer with it.
Pretty sad I haven't shot the others. The short rifle I've had since 03. The other 2 long before. :shock:

Corvairs! I haven't seen one on the road in years.

It's hard to say where all this stuff is going. I'm concerned for my family like everyone, but I still fear the societal upheaval and animal people more.

I've only loaded 32-20 once. For a friend's 92 half mag rifle. I'd have to look it up, but it went better than I thought it would and shot quite well. A fun little cartridge.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

IRe: The Gun Room

Post by fordwannabe »

Do you know why the 1918 flu killed a higher percentage of younger people?! In 1898 ish as the records aren’t nearly as detailed as they are now there was another influenza outbreak and the old people of 1918 had antibodies in their systems from surviving the previous outbreak. So in 1918 people 20 plus years old for the most part! Were able to fight it off from but because the younger than 20 crowd had never been exposed they were hit HARD.
Jay because you are sooo busy you can’t get around to shooting that short rifle, and because I am a GIVER. Bring that little lady down here the next time you’re this way and I will give her a good wringing out for ya. Warning may take a decade or so but that is still ahead of your pace. I know, I know, no reason to thank me.”, it’s just how I am.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Today is the first day of Montana’s stay at home order :roll: .
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Gman, Mr 32-20 set me up with some of his personal working stash of cases. Some were resized and primed and ready to go. I checked them in the 32-20 cylinder and they seemed a fit and now here is the rookie mistake. I did not function test them with the cylinder in the gun even though I knew he was going for accuracy. Ruger has a raised area on the left side of tge recoil shield. They bind there in cylinder rotation. Gotta go to my office ... more later.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah yes chamber dimension variance, that'll get ya every time!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Captain Old Savage,
If you noticed the brass is of mixed variety/brand......I never sort ANY brass unless it's for high pressure ACCURATE long range jacketed ammo. Wasting your time to sort brass into brands is only "feel good" stuff. I also don't clean primer pockets and only trim on highest pressure ammo and even then only if it's hard to get brass....223's get loaded 3 times.

Now, the niceties are over with...get a micrometer and measure the rim thickness or the old fashioned way......first, make sure the brass enters the cylinder ALL the way...if it don't ..resize with the fls to the shell holder. I seldom fls with the die all the way down so I may not have sized them enough...you have a new gun with perfect tolerances....I shoot old sloppy stuff.

I doubt it's the brass and most likely the cause is not being resized enough or your putting too hard of a crimp on that will bulge the case and keep,it from entering the cylinder all the way.....another cause is improper bullet selection ...one that may be too fat, not seated deep enough, or has an ogive or driving band to far out.

All in a nutshell.....it's ALL mechanics.....a little measuring and high school intelligence will find out the issue without imparting due distress on the gray matter.-----6

RAINING LIKE CRAZY HERE....POND IS UP TO THE SPILWAYS....
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You're all heart FW. What a pal. It restores my faith in humanity to have people like this willing to help out.
Thanks buddy. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Exactly Six, just wasn't diligent and patient enough. Tight tolerances on that cylinder. Resized a couple fully and that made them chamber fully. When starting a new caliber you have to go slowly and check each step. And of course backing off a bit on a rifle chamber gives a similar effect to neck sizing and not setting the shoulder back. Too spoiled with straight wall carbide dies and collet dies on rifles.

But came across some new cases I was going to make into 25-20. Think I will load them up pretty good with Hornady 85 HP and 2400. Anything else I want with this gun can be done with the 32 Mag. Then I will take those cases from Mr. 32-20 and resize them fully and give that another run with the cast I have. This gas been a good exercise in reloading discipline.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ahhhhhhhh.......Old Winchester and Captain Old Savage accomplished something and my bet is they don't have a clue.........

And the winner is...drum roll..........OLD WINCHESTER for having post number 3220.......

The next winner for "win second class" goes to OLD SAVAGE for post number 3221 which incidently is how the original Marlins sometimes labeled the cartridge........

Now, lets have a big "clap" for the winners and hope they don't go out tonight and catch the "clap". :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm going for it! Haven't found that perfect .32-40 1885 I want yet, but... I'm going to load some rounds. I got a hundred jacketed .323 165 Grain soft points, and they'll be my first. Got another 165 RFN and they'll be the second batch, pushed by BP! Still hunting up that Miroku made 1885 I'd like!

Called my local pusher on Thursday... although closed he was in store waitin on UPS... said com'n down, I got two boxes with your name on 'em... Yehaw! I think I have enough cigars to last out the "Stay Home Order"... :o

The '94 Trapper says with me everywhere now...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff....I don't get it...what's in the two packages? Guns or cigars? If they are guns, cool....if cigars make sure they didn't come from the Oval Office when Monica was there....they might smell like fish.

If you do get a 32-40 I believe I have a mess of cast, but not sized or gas checked Lyman 321 something...it's a 170 fp...if ya want em let me know.

How's my golf cart running? Ya know, I did win it a few pages back.----your pal...Mr 32-20
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Today's run at the 32-20 Gold. 11.0 gr of 2400 pushing an 85 gr Hornady HP in new Starline brass. should be heading out at about 1500 fps. Here are 34 of the best handloads I have ever seen. They are resting in a semi new Matfer Bourgeat carbon steel skillet for the east coast momma there.

The other Six are in the Buckeye 32-20/32 Mag. This cartridge reeks of some mystique that must be felt as you turn them out.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

As most of you know my county in Pennsylvania is on the stay in your house list-but what I am sure Governor hypocrit ( oh you didn’t hear when he shut down all non essential businesses in the state unless they are life saving he gave his own company an exception as it is essential.....they make kitchen cabinets), oh I mean Governor Wolf meant was to stay at home and make bullets. So I did.
8F9FE547-F752-43B5-941C-10FF4CC9105F.jpeg
357,30-30, and 44 mag. I am sure that gun loving Democrat meant to do that right.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Captain Old Savage, NOW Major Old Savage has been panning for brass....I like that Fred..... :D ....You do come from gold panning land and now that the "celebrities" all have the gold, you have the pan, and I get the shaft!

Just watched Platoon......soooooo much nicer seeing it on the big screen.......just me, mom, three dogs and three cats with the wood stove burning open......

Tommy Boy........have you tried out the LBT mould for the 38-40? Remember, your going to need a Lee factory crimp die.....but those bullets will glide like glass into the chamber. I've shot tens of thousands of the Lyman version through my 38-40's.

Major Fred.....your pushing it at 1500......no issue with pressure in the Ruger but the brass won't last long. Check before and after on the case length.

It's 10:30 and I'm gonna load some more 32-20's for testing tomorrow and Gunny, your right....a half grain more should put me close to 850-900 which will make an acccurate and semi quiet load for backyard shooting.---6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, interesting thing about talking guns and reloading with you ... you actually know what you are talking about. Now, what don't I like in reloading - lube ( I am new school and don't like lubing. Another is trimming. I screwed up part of the advantage you gave me by belling all 60 primed cases. Now I (without experience here ) have no idea if resizing will be a negative but I hate lubing. But this was a stage in kicking my butt into what I really wanted to do which was see what this cartridge ia capable of in a full size Ruger. I can down load anything in 32 Mag dies. So there, I have laid most of it out.

But, I may have been bitten by the 32-20 bug. So ... you are the GURU ;-)

Thanks!

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Six,

Cigars, in unopened sealed boxes. Imported. Along with the closest I could come to Hackberry juice, Mike's Hard Blackberry Lemonade, watching "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" on the new 70 big screen... and it's a great evening!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Fred, trimming is easy, just make sure you use a cordless variable speed drill! :P :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Griff, this is the Captain Home Repair official B&D drill. It is not variable speed.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Why thank you Fred.....and......I make no apologies for bragging that I know what I'm doing.....except for shotgun reloading I am also very varied....doing cast, jacketed, low pressure, high pressure, medium pressure, pistols, revolvers, and every style of rifle from single shots, bolts, levers, pumps, semi auto's and most of the tricks it takes to load each style for accuracy and functioning. Included in those guns are modern, semi old and the very hardest to get accuracy from, the old guns from the 1870's to 1910 or so when tolerances were all over the place especially the change over from black to smokeless. It used to make me scratch my head but no more.....Making brass from another caliber for a weird caliber in a gun from the old days and reloading and getting excellent accuracy is a feat in itself.

Not only that but the same brand of rifle in the same caliber made on the same day sometimes takes a different approach altogether. It's challenging and most of what I've learned is self taught. But like anything else, it does not take the intelligence of a rocket scientist, only dedication and focus.

Now, on to your lube issues......just get a cardboard tray about 4" deep..throw the brass in there and spray. On cases that need lube in the neck just set them upright in the box all together, tilt the tray in the corner so gravity keeps them in place and spray the necks, knock em over and spray the body.......swish em around and spray again. You can use spray from Hornady but my favorite is what I learned from Earlmuk......get a tube of rcbs pad lube and add 100% alcohol HEET with a 6-1 ratio....heet/lube and put it in a spray bottle.......that stuff works the best.

As far as Hornady spray, I don't like it for high pressure cartridges such as the 06 or 223 but I will use the Hornady for the necks and the homemade lube for the body.

Takes me 2 minutes to throw 300 case of 223 in the tray, spray, then hit it with compressed air for quicker drying, and dump them in a butter dish. 6...o...de bro

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Nice picture of you Fred........sun tan, nice clean shave, corded drill, fishing hat, and California shorts....your living large bro!---6
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

32-20 Guru wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:07 pm My wife found these pictures on Facebook that were taken of me back in 2013. My buddy Tom, who owns Targetmaster stopped over to show me his deuce and 1/2. Has like 12,000 miles on it. Wow! 7 years ago and it seemed like yesterday. My mustache and hair were brown

1. Dumb question - what are the pie-piece-shaped metal plates on the wheels for...?

2. I think it will be awhile before we know the true case-rate for cv-19, but if there are as many mild and asymptomatic people as it seems, the fatality rate may be lower than estimated.

3. Even at the high rates, don't forget to put it in petspective, just like when people talk about 'gun accidents'....compare to the daily 1,300 or so deaths in the U.S. due to smoking. I see smokers freaking out and Lysoling everything in sight, hunkering down at home, and yet they still smoke. Same with driving. Over 100 people die every day driving, yet most people are fairly cavalier about driving places that aren't truly vital to go to. Imagine if there were 100 people dying every day at shooting ranges from gun accidents - the public would demand ranges all be shut down as a 'public health crisis'.... :roll:

4. I do agree that there is lots if political 'spin' on all this, and everyone seems to have an agenda; the government never lets a crisis be wasted - they will grab power and buy votes, like usual.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, the truth isn't bragging and requires no apologies. I believe in results.

Now let's see if those loads challenge that brass in that Ruger.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have to try that lube from Eralmuk, I've tried the Hornady one shot. I had mixed results with it. It's great on small cases but 223 is my cut off point. When I was doing 7.62x51 brass I tried the one shot and was constantly sticking cases. Went back to my lube pad and no issues. I've often thought about the neck wax but haven't dropped the coin to try it since a pad works. Of course trying to find HEET now might be difficult since its high percentage alcohol, wonder if denatured alcohol might work?

He Doc nice to see you over here on the other side of the tracks! :lol:

Rained all day yesterday, chilly too, started a fire last night .

If the weather holds off today( not looked yet) I have to go install blue bird boxes at the club.

Yesterday morning at zero dark-thirty while walking the dogs Claro decided to go on her poop-run. (Kinda like a death run for a shot animal) anyhow she is on a leash and very focused as she is going between my 2 trailers and WHAM! My right knee catches the tongue of a trailer! Bruised up and sore today!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Same here. I use One Shot on smallish stuff but have gotten away with it on 30-30.
I do like the sound of the home made lube. Will have to try it.

Hey Doc!
We all appreciate your advice during this fiasco. You are a trusted voice of reason and knowledge.
The solid pie shaped sections on the rims of the wheel is for the central tire inflation system, I believe. I could be mistaken, however. Everyone calls these trucks "deuce and a halfs", but they are actually classified as "5 ton". I have a friend with one all set up for moose hunting up north. They can be bought very reasonably at auctions.

Man!
Another 3-6 inches of snow over the next day or so. We got over a foot one day last week! Come on!
Luckily, it doesn't stay long this time of year. The fresh snow melts off, but the old, frozen stuff will hang around for some time yet.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Let's not forget those good old deuce 1/2's are multi-fuel, diesel, gas, kero, jetA what ever ya put in em. Friend of mine has a White Truck version. It's always a hit for Memorial Day parade.
Moose rig, sure hope he has a winch in the bed!?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh most certainly. It has a boom too.
He has "Moose Wrecha" painted on the doors.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ha! Moose Wrecka - that's great!! Post pics if ya can !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

This is the only pic on my phone. Looks like it was before he had it all done up. I will look for another.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:47 am
1. Dumb question - what are the pie-piece-shaped metal plates on the wheels for...?

2. I think it will be awhile before we know the true case-rate for cv-19, but if there are as many mild and asymptomatic people as it seems, the fatality rate may be lower than estimated.
Doc.....
Those pie shaped thingys are for when the soldiers run out of food and they can pretend they are eating pie! (Come on, you know I'm retarded) :D To answer your question 100% I can't but they have something to do with refilling the tire in case it gets shot out or otherwise gets a puncture......i.e....run flat tires

And thank you for intelligent updates concerning the covid 19.......I'm one of those medieval thinkers and tend to shun everyone and everything that could possibly make me sick.....in other words.....I take no chances....I pretty much enjoy life and I ain't gonna let some low life sneeze on me because he is miserable and well, some people honestly just don't give a F
you know.......the sociopathic M?F. ers that live among us.
Last edited by Jay Bird on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I bet it was fun climbing in and out. Those rotary engines were noisy, but they would run on practically anything that was a flammable liquid.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

On those military 2 and 1/2's.....there's not much more miserable than driving around in one of them.....rpm's at 3.000 and your moving 30 mph. My buddy's was a diesel only with an automatic trans....like I said earlier, somewhere around 12,000 miles on it and he paid 8 g's if memory serves me right.....he had it freshly repainted with all of the proper markings and resold it for 15...I think.......my buddy spends his whole life making money where most of us are content with living comfortable.....I don't hang around him like I did previously......everything is money..........I like to shoot and fanny burp on people....you know...living to the highest degree. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey Jay....why would someone drive on a large rock when they had plenty of room to go around it?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Because they could. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

32-20 Guru wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:04 pm Hey Jay....why would someone drive on a large rock when they had plenty of room to go around it?
It's a "glam" flex pic.
You know, like my Jeep on the stump last summer.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok deuce and a half, drove them in the National Guard. The ones we had were WW II multifuels, two speed auto marked Hilly and Flat. One rolled over getting off in s field for lunch on a convoy. 10 guys hospitalized, two killed with injuries from from those stakes that supported the canvas cover. Be careful is my advice they ate top heavy.

Now back to the 32-20. Resized to the Ruger chambers with case mouths rebelled ready to go. Looking at 231 with 85 gr Hornady HP.s. Haven't determined a load yet still looking.

I am guessing MR 32-20 may have suggestions. 2400 metered so nicely I lean to 231.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Man! Not only am I old I'm starting to think "old". When we were kids we used to see who could climb the highest on trees and then jump. We would risk breaking our legs so we could have bragging rights for being the "highest jumper".

My buddy Gunny.....the other Gunny......told me how when his father was a kid...going back to the thirties in the mountains of Pa...........they used to have "wars" in the woods where they would shoot at each other with .22's...for REAL.....they used real .22 rifles with CB shorts.....29 gr bullet with no powder.......the rules were simple...shooting below the waist.....the bullet would leave a big welt on the skin so the smart kids would wear 2-3 pairs of pants......crazy! Gunny said his dad was one of the baaaaddest dudes in Minersville, Pa and Gunny grew up to be a lifer Marine. His dad died last year...somewhere around 88 years old.

I gotta get outta the house...listening to mom and her sister talk on the phone 📱 is enough to make anyone go mad.---6