The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats not a knife! :lol:
I also carry a Kershaw Ken Onion " assisted" which is kept shaving sharp for obvious reasons.

I can see it now! Come 3am your door is going to be kicked in, 2 flash bangs tossed inside then the swat team will cuff ya over 2 lousy sparkplugs :lol: Its funny in my mind cuz after those flas bangs go off your cats will be permanently stuck to the ceiling! Im seriously laughing !!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Just got done mowing the back yard. This was on my belt. Not very big, but it is sharp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Swedish made Morakniv.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

GM wins a 108 ;-) !!!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OldWin wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:49 pmHey Griff, sorry about your rear end! :shock:
A carrier at 80k? Yeah, something was amiss from the factory more than likely. If you have to go in there anyway, replace all the bearings, double check engagement, and anything else you can think of.
I have done a 180 on u-joints (as far as off road use).
First, I ONLY use Spicer. All else is garbage, or at the very least, not as good. I've also gone to non-greasable. There is a small strength advantage. But the biggest reason is they are much better at keeping water and crud out. On road use probably isn't as big a deal, but you have to be religious about maintenance.
I have a Tom Woods driveshaft on the rear of my Jeep I got from a friend. He was a "grease fitting guy". It runs a crazy angle, as I have 21 degrees on my rear pinion. I have to grease it ALL the time due to the high angle.
Not the rear end. It's a carrier bearing where the driveshaft is jointed about 3 feet behind the transfer case.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

108!? How did we get there? (I didn't steal those plugs...just put it in for laughs) I deal with these people all the time and they are good folk) I had an ACE 10% off card that was expired and they took it anyway....

Piller....I have to ball bust...you have a knife that looks like it's worth about 3x what that lawn mower is worth! That's OK bro......you ought to see my push mower.....held together with coat hangers.

What a day......long and I'm beat.--6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Griff wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:44 pm
OldWin wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:49 pmHey Griff, sorry about your rear end! :shock:
A carrier at 80k? Yeah, something was amiss from the factory more than likely. If you have to go in there anyway, replace all the bearings, double check engagement, and anything else you can think of.
I have done a 180 on u-joints (as far as off road use).
First, I ONLY use Spicer. All else is garbage, or at the very least, not as good. I've also gone to non-greasable. There is a small strength advantage. But the biggest reason is they are much better at keeping water and crud out. On road use probably isn't as big a deal, but you have to be religious about maintenance.
I have a Tom Woods driveshaft on the rear of my Jeep I got from a friend. He was a "grease fitting guy". It runs a crazy angle, as I have 21 degrees on my rear pinion. I have to grease it ALL the time due to the high angle.
Not the rear end. It's a carrier bearing where the driveshaft is jointed about 3 feet behind the transfer case.
Ok, gotcha bud. We call that a center bearing up here. Yup, those things suck. I think it's one of those "lesser of two evils" parts. They figure a one piece shaft that long is to easy to bend or deform under load or contact. Many times, a 2wd longbody will use one, but a 4wd won't due to the transfer case shortening the shaft length.
Good luck, Griff.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:24 pm Like I said...."sissified". Along with a couple of revolvers and sometimes a Commando AR-15, this is what is with me in the Jeep. ..........."Mini Swiss knife"...."scissors".....what happened to the term "man". You think antifa or BLM carry "mini Swiss knives"? :D

90 some degrees again......after hitting the hardware store, me, mom, and Miss Apple cruised on out to the Dairy Queen for ice cream........I walked in and some male?.....I think it was a male......told me I needed a mask.....I told him Republicans dont get sick nor give out diseases. He said I still needed a mask so I dutifully put on my mask and told him/her to keep the change from a Hamilton and buy himself/herself a rainbow face mask.

Mom's Jeep passed inspection with flying colors this morning (noon)

Gots my new soul pole saw.....electric..15 feet....The price was $120 and I told them their website said $110 and they told me it's the last one and $120 was the price. I said,"OK", paid them that and some more for other things, then put the saw in the Jeep, walked back in and stole two spark plugs. :D --6

Hahahaha I tell ya! This guy is a piece of work man! :D
If we was neighbors the world wouldn't be safe.

I got out for a long overdo ride with my neighbor and old outlaw buddy from when we was kids. Felt just like the old days. Well..... besides being fat, bald, and the cops weren't chasing us.
Two old Harleys roaring off straight pipes....People must of seen us and thought the "Sons of Arthritis" had come to town! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The "sons of arthritis" :D you laughing about it now because your a youngster.....if the Good Lord blesses you and you reach my age you won't be laughing. :D

All kidding aside, I'm 66 and have zero arthritis, back issues, nothing...as long as I stay away from salt and liquor I'm fine.

Dang Jay....you ride that bike more in a day than I drive my Jeep in a month....ride on dude!!!!

Well...it's 2:05 and I just farted on the dog...a blaster it was.......(mom's In the other room watching TV...she hollowed, "what the f was that?"....I hollared back, "dropped my boot. :D .........eeeeuuuuuu...stinky one....time to pull the covers over my head and asphyxiate myself........

Big day on the mighty Kubota tomorrow before the rain and flash floods for three days.

Dang! Just blasted another.....booooom! I hear foot steps coming...gotta go.---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sons of arthritis! That's a good one. Guess I can be the support vehicle as The Beast ( my 07 Cummins) has no exhaust- out the turbo to a short pipe with a down turn.

I'm still laughing about the thought of a flash bang going off around a sleeping cat!

Hmm, a new handle for Six, FLASHBANG :lol: Good thing Miss Apple isn't a bird dog or her nose would be ruined!

Got some thunder here, no rain yet...

Oh well coffee
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oooooooo Gunny....get the BR coffee.....lately we have been using no name coffee thingy s.....BR coffee hit us for a $100 on the last purchase.....that stuff ain't cheap...........if your a drunk like I used to be there was nothing like good quality aged bourbon but hell, after the third shot Old Crow will do the same thing so save the money for whores and cocaine, a more worthwhile expenditure....---- :D

Finally got around to buy a couple of accurate digital humidity gauges as I didn't trust the others I had and here I find out they are all within a few percentage points so I threw away $30........a very miserable 81% outside...and 52% in da crib.

Trying to get the courage to go outside and hit the yard before the rain comes but I don't think that's gonna happen.

As usual, looks like a play day with you guys.---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

All I will buy is Black Rifle! I don't mind the extra cost as they donate to disabled vets, progun organizations too. Worth every penny!

Yup you want to stay inside this afternoon! It's 88 and 65% here. Nevermind sitting on the tractor mowing !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My favorite coffee is Community Coffee with chicory. 86er introduced me to it years ago. Remember him? He liked coffee. Somewhere I actually have a picture of him smiling. A few people have accused me of photoshopping it.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Here it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hmm, I see amazon carries it, might have to try it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That bag has just been opened. I like my french press. It lets me make it exactly how I like it. I keep an electric kettle on the kitchen counter. It is fast. After coming to a boil, I let it sit about a minute to come back down a little. Too much heat can stress the glass, and that could cause that thin glass to eventually crack. Maybe.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Gunny...ya know that "15 foot" soul pole saw I got yesterday? At least that's what it says on the box.......after I finally figured out how to extend it to 10 feet I couldn't figure out how to get it to 15. There was NO WAY there was another 5' left in the soul pole so I looked st the instructions ......Ha! It was based on a person 6' tall using it from the shoulder so that means 5' plus the 10' soul pole equals 15'

Now...if I was hanging out with Piller and his Mensa buddy over there at the "Hiroshima bomber post" I would know these things. :D All his claims reminds me of when I was ordered to teach Wernher von Braun on how to do advanced mathematics. I was secretly known as "006" and more commonly known to my buddies as "Mr 10 Cent Rossi".

:D -----006

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I don't drink coffee... strictly caffeine free diet cola. I spent the day getting the rebuilt driveshaft back in the Dually! 1st problem... no driver for the combination seal/dust boot for the back of the transfer case. Driver needs to be about 2-½" and deep set to clear the 1-¼" tall boot. None of my seal drivers will do. So off to the auto parts store... no joy! So off to Home Depot and a piece of 2-½" sched 40 pvc coupler from the electrical conduit section! By now it's near lunch, temp is up to 95ºF and nearly 90% humidity!

Oh well, it's shady under the truck! Slide in on the creeper, "hi-tech" seal driver & rubber mallet in hand. !@#$%$#, the seal is too small! Seems there were two versions used in this year/model! And the cheaper of the two is too small! Back to the auto parts store, and again, no joy! They don't stock the larger one, so it's off to the Chevy house! Yep, in stock... $96 and that's discounted some 25%! Ok, I get him to throw in a new ball cap, and it's back under the shade! Seal seats like a champ, and the first time I got the driveshaft up in position, it's clocked properly! What luck! Jointed driveshafts are a PIA to maneuver if you get it wrong and have to move the slip yoke multiple times!

Tried to install the trailer brake controller... another !@#$%$#!, Amazon sent the wrong connector! Shoulda been "plug n' play"... but, no... another day wait for them to send the right connector! So that waits for tomorrow along with the tune-up on the little Silverado 1500! Getting under that hood in the early morning will be
good... as it's supposed to have a heat index of 106º later tomorrow! But, 53,000 miles and it'll be getting it's first plugs... and I went ahead and got the coil pack for the little LS 4.8L V-8!

Inspected the water main repair from last nite several times, drying up nicely... Once the trench is filled in, that'll be "done"! Got my new cable to run new power to the barn/shop... Now just have to locate the current el-cheapo aluminum wire that's there now! Not cheap for 350' of 6/3 copper direct burial cable w/ground. But, I figure having good clean electricity will pay future dividends! Now if only one of my friends had a trencher!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sound like a great day Griff.....don't know about you but I have pretty much lost confidence in myself on jobs I've never done before........if I HAVE to do it, I'll whine and complain but do it.....

Be glad the Good Lord gave ya a good dose of common sense when he made ya...PVC for a seal driver? Not bad....biggest problem with seals is getting them started even all around then it's a whack with a 32 oz hammer and a chunk of 2x4.

Only thing worse than doing a job in high heat and humidity is flys landing on your legs, neck, or arms...then the sweat beading up on your forehead fogging up your glasses..... :D --6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

There is absolutely nothing I hate more than sweat pouring off me when I'm trying to work on something. Of course, the rest of the year your hands and feet are numb and you are wondering how bad the frostbite is. :D

Hey Griff,
Sorry about the trouble. It's like that with me every time I work on something too. Hour job takes all day.
I do take a hammer and arrogant idiot punch and mark all my driveshaft yokes, outputs, and universals as to orientation though. Makes it easier. Especially if you are changing something in the woods.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's called a Witness Mark. Us gummsmiffs have been doing it for years. :D
I'm with ya Griff, nothing is ever easy, always gotta be 1 thing that goes wrong. Murphy's law sucks!
Yesterday on my way home I turned off the radio when I applied the brakes on the Beast- CHRUNCH , stopped by my mechanic buddy , hey when are you doing the brakes ? Well that's why I'm here! It was too hot & neither of us wanted to do them yesterday so I left the truck with him and he will do them this morning while I'm at work.

And now BRCC!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here in Monterey, dinner at Fisherman's Wharf last night.

Big Sur Today
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

PillHer and I went to Fisherman's Wharf one time. She hates the smell of the ocean. Listening to her gag the whole time sort of made it a problem. I liked it otherwise.
D. Brian Casady
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Was here in75.

Quail Lodge this AM, overcast.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

COSteve wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:08 am
Old Savage wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:40 am Here in Monterey, dinner at Fisherman's Wharf last night.

Big Sur Today
I remember going to Monterey as a kid and scuba diving. After our tanks would empty we'd use our snorkels and go free diving for some Abalone. Then we'd have a fire on the beach in the evening and cook them. But that was in the early 60's and Abalone diving now doesn't yield the harvest it did back then. Also, you could camp in Big Sur pretty easily without reservations or anything. Great times before Commifornia got so crowded.
Now ya just have to worry about being eaten by a Great White! :D

Well its humid, hot and still, not moving fast today. Should get the mower out...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

From Cannery Row

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What's cannery row? Is that that place that Steinbeck wrote a book on?

Gunny......how's the humidity your way? It's pushing 90 here....had another storm and low pressure system.....my ears are ringing like a ww2 siren. Last night before going to bed..about 2:30 ish I looked out the window and the H gauge was at 99%. So I opened da door and stuck my head out and about gagged.....a dull butter knife would cut the air....

There's one thing about a small house...easy to heat and easy to cool, easy to maintain and super easy on taxes. I'd take a small house on 20 acres of land waaaay before a 5,000 sq. ft. monstrosity with a postage stamp sized yard......Ha! Saw dat on Fox News last night how the trend is big houses on little lots.......Geeze. ....you can hear your neighbor fanny burp.

Big "yes" on witness marks.......I use them on everything even if there's no need. I'll punch the blades on the mighty Kubota and switch bearing shafts with each sharpening... even though they are all supposed to be the same size, weight, etc. a difference can be noted in the quality of the cut. -----------006 secret agent

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

High humidity isn't fun. I remember growing up out in the West and my parents having a swamp cooler. It used a huge fan to such air through these wet pads. It was dry enough out there to where those things worked really well. That area used to average 15 inches of rain per year. We thought it was funny when the idiots on TV started lumping us in with the MidWest for weather forecasts. I was 10 years old before I ever saw corn growing. Not nearly enough water for it unless you irrigated it out in those desert conditions.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

piller wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:28 pm High humidity isn't fun. I remember growing up out in the West and my parents having a swamp cooler. It used a huge fan to such air through these wet pads. It was dry enough out there to where those things worked really well. That area used to average 15 inches of rain per year. We thought it was funny when the idiots on TV started lumping us in with the MidWest for weather forecasts. I was 10 years old before I ever saw corn growing. Not nearly enough water for it unless you irrigated it out in those desert conditions.
Piller......I've heard of swamp cooler but know very little about them.......it puts moisture in the air? Ok....my little mind is thinking......say it's 80 degrees and 10% humidity.........you turn on the swamp cooler........humidity rises to 50%.....temperature is the same but with more moisture in the air, theoretically you feel cooler? Must be a dividing line in the temperature where it has the opposite effect.......humidity is nasty here.

With these new high seer number air conditioners swamp coolers must be on their way out......Our Mitsubishi split unit will run 24-7 for a month and is cold enough to freeze a T-Bone steak ......if we so choose ....and the electric bill may rise $40. A perfect example was this July when 92-95 was pretty much the average and our bill was $161 vs about $120.-----006

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The evaporation actually drops the temperature. It takes heat energy out of the air to go from liquid to water vapor. But, if the humidity gets very high, it doesn't work. When center pivot irrigation came about, all the sudden new moisture in the air raised the humidity. Around 1990 that area had to stop using swamp coolers.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Interesting......learn something new everyday.......right now the H gauge says 92%...outside..........same way tomorrow.---006

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, it was where all the canneries were located.

I learned to swim in the lagoon at the end of the Little Sur River... 1956! My new step-dad & I paddled out to the middle on this big old log... and then he rolled it over! Yep, I swam alright! I learned to swim instead of sinking at an early age!

Lagoon used to be much bigger... but, then again, I was much smaller!

Finished the tuneup on the 1500 today. Had to drive into the middle of the DFW metroplex to Summit Racing to get the coil packs and new wires. Got home and installed the coils, wires & E3 plugs. Runs like a top again!

Found a cut in one my steer tires on the Dually, hmmm... tires are 5 years old... the spare is 15! New set going on tomorrow. Going with a little more aggressive tread, it is a 4x4 afterall... and I hate getting stuck in a little muck!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

1956? I was 2 and you were 8? That's a young age to get thrown in the water......you don't think that maybe he was trying to cut down on his dependents? :D

You getting all 6 tires? That ain't cheap.....but a LOT cheaper than puttin' on 10 tires on the Rose.

Yea...my spare on the Rubicon is 15 years old too...never hit the pavement.

Grass is growing like crazy.....two months with no rain and the last two weeks with nothing but. We had another storm today and supposedly again tomorrow.

Well....1 am.....another exciting day doing nothing tomorrow......

Secret Agent 006

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:57 pm 1956? I was 2 and you were 8? That's a young age to get thrown in the water......you don't think that maybe he was trying to cut down on his dependents? :D

You getting all 6 tires? That ain't cheap.....but a LOT cheaper than puttin' on 10 tires on the Rose.

Yea...my spare on the Rubicon is 15 years old too...never hit the pavement.

Grass is growing like crazy.....two months with no rain and the last two weeks with nothing but. We had another storm today and supposedly again tomorrow.

Well....1 am.....another exciting day doing nothing tomorrow......

Secret Agent 006
I was 6. Getting all 7. My spare is showing signs of dry-rot. This is the first time it's hit the pavement. This'll be my 3 set, including the factory tires.

I'd like to be going to the range tomorrow am... but since I'm going to work on Sat... I need to do laundry! I also gotta start looking for loads out of MN!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah Six the humidity is so high that if you walk real fast and turn around quickly you can see where you have tunneled through the air ! :D I'm tired of it !! Although yesterday wasn't that bad with overcast . We didn't get the storms, past couple days they have stay south.

Who wants to help me put the new roof on the shed?!

Well the Beast got new rotors,pads yesterday. My buddy had his work cut out, both rotors were rusted to the axle! He also found a rotten brake like. Parts house didn't/ couldn't get the line so today he is going to make a new line up.

Was doing a little investigation last night, my new Perazzi receiver will accept the barrels from my backup gun but then the stock pitch is a bit off but useable, only problem is the extractors/ejectors would need fitting/timing. I won't do that as then they won't work on the original. I.e. Got a line for new aftermarket barrels that will need to be fit. Gotta scratch up $1500 for them.

Geese can sleepy joe speak a n y s l o w e r ...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Maybe he will be able to just keep going long enough to lose the election.
Anyway. Got to get moving. Things to do today.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

From the 14th green Quail Golf Course in Carmel.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The color green is so soothing.......prpably why I like the east better. .....hey Fred...any action ever going on in the trees/rough?

Frozen rotors....obvious originals....spray em good with pb blaster and whack em on the edges all around with a 32 oz hammer....ahhhh...you got money Gunny....let the other guy get dirty. :D

Yea...on the tunnel........guys call that the vapor trail when a 168 BTHP is charging for the forehead of an insurgent.......or rioter...you take your pick....---6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nope! I don't hold grudges!!! Not me!

Still thing about page 100 when this guy got me by 5 seconds.........I'm gonna put on a diaper and drive the 3,000 miles to get him! The only thing I have to figure out is which way to turn when I reach the end of my driveway......5 seconds! Had a nightmare about it last night.......5 stinkin seconds on a year long plan...... :D

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, only action bladder evacuation on the grass clippings behind a big bush on 17 ;-)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

"Bladder evacuation"! Ha.....I like dat!....kills the grass for sure.....I have around 129 spots around here for that.......people like my rose bush saying,"nice roses with a deep color...what do you use for fertilizer?" I tell them, "the residue of a thousand kegs of beer".
It keeps them from asking, "can I pick a bundle for my wife?"

I have to start proof reading before I hit the "submit" button......these i pads will spell the word IT wants to spell......---got to get some work done.......-----006 (secret agent)
:D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

guess all the beer consumed between the 1st and 16 holes is ready to go by the 17th! Good time to as the 19th hole is very close!! :lol:

We resided a house on a golf course once. It was just a bit down range of the 17th Tee. Busted windows , holes in the siding- everyone slicing & hooking thanks to the beer cart. Anyhow we found lots of golf balls in the bushes. We would wait until we could see a group ready to Tee off on the 18th hole and we would toss each other a ball and hit them with a baseball bat- those guys would run every which way as balls would be falling all around them. Boy did we laugh!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Woo! Another Friday! Beautiful freakin weather. Took a 2.5hr power nap and cranked up the Harley.
I got home and wolfed down a couple I-talian sammiches,
then washed em down with some cold beer.
Sitting out in the garage now. Cleaned the bug guts off the old bike and had another cold one.

Nice day.

Hey! Best way to remove stuck rotors (just did it a couple weeks ago) is to remove the caliper bracket. Then get a 3" long grade 8 bolt that will just go through the bolt hole for the caliper bracket. Put a nut and washer on each side. After a good spraying with Kroil, just turn that bolt out against the rotor and POP....... It comes right off.
I swear! I've seen em beat with an 8lb hammer and hold tight. Few turns on that bolt and off she comes.
No charge for this episode of "Hillbilly Garage". :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Just so you fellows don't have to visit Cali, Big Sur today ;-)

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Chillin' out with a glass of white wine right now, dinner at 8.

The 14th green from yesterday. ;:-)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred.....the tree I promised you? It's in the first pic.---006

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Will it fit on my trailer? ;-)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:02 pm Will it fit on my trailer? ;-)
No! Old Win says he is getting a side car for his Harley and he will put it in that. He also said he just might drag it the 3,000 miles down I-70. Most likely he will drop it off by the 17 th hole, behind that bush that's all wilted.---006

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Best way I have found to remove stuck rotors... after caliper has been removed and wheel is in the air. Take a short piece of pipe( heavy 1/2 drive extension?) Turn on the engine. With the engine running find a place where the extension or pipe will push against the rotor and some place on the frame or solid spot on suspension. Wedge the pipe against the rotor then turn the steering wheel the correct direction to use the hydraulic rotor pusher, err power steering to press the rotor off. Pop goes the rotor! Then be sure to anti seize the hub center and between the wheel studs before putting the new rotors on. Never knew this trick until I bought a DODGE. However after learning it I have used it many times.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.