The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Old Savage »

When Six packs something, Icll tell you ... it is packed!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wow 89 ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Zippety do dah! 😁

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Fred....many guns I have have found me....I didn't go looking for them....kind of the same way selling them...I don't post ads.....people see and ask. I LOVE it this way as it's common knowledge I'm close to my guns and I don't want my guns going here and there...I want them to have an appreciative home where they will have the utmost of care for the next generation. No BS....if Hollywood called and offered me 100% more and then said it might get destroyed during filming, they wouldn't get it..my right hand to the Lord on that.......(well, I might relent on 500% :D )

And true to form I'd buy back anything I sold within a reasonable time....couple of months and forever if that individual had a hard luck story. I told Jays son I'd buy that 1895 back as long as I'm breathing and the same goes for David. But that's not an issue because what I sell them for there always will be a willing buyer. We old head gun people know quality guns along with rarity and high condition are better than money in the bank.

But on to more important items on the agenda.
........................PEACE IS ON THE WAY IN OUR COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!----6

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep that should calm them down!!

Here is a pic of the kitchen, cabinets are installed. Started wall cabinets in the butlers pantry. Friday the stone countertop guys are coming to template.
20200602_151613.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Got to get Fred an 1889...hold on, give me a minute. Old Win is pulling an "Indian giver" thing on his '89 so I'm stepping up to the plate for my friend and confidant, Old Savage.

Here ya go Fred.....1889 in 38-40 built in 1891 with a mint bore along with 85% or so original finish and an original Lyman tang sight ....This is a 2" at 100 gun...very tight .400 groove diameter. I'll get it in a box for you Fred........(you don't need Jay...he reneges :D )

Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Butlers pantry? Some high rollers there Gunny.....Geeze around here I'm the butler to the butler....any lower I'd be the butlers shoes.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

This house has a dining room with a foot switch at the head of the table. Push it and a bell rings in the kitchen to alert the servants to bring the next course of food. Now there are no servants but we have to put everything including the bell back in order.

That 89 looks like it has a bent barrel, better send it here and I'll straighten it out, test fire it a couple years then I'll send it to CA. :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wow, I have never even seen a 38-40 live hard copy version. 😁😋😁😁

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nice guns are my only claim to fame....I was a peon factory worker with a HS education. Only language I know is English...drove three vehicles my entire adult life...never really been anywhere.....don't even own a suit or a decent pair of dress shoes....people around here look down on me for my long hair, jeans, and drive a Jeep even though I own everything and they can't put furniture in any room past the front door. I'm one of only a couple of people around here who still cuts their own grass and plows their own driveway when it snows.

Like the Irish used to tell the English when the English called them dirty savages....."the dirt we have can be washed off with soap but the dirt you have can't be washed off with all of the soap in China.

That's how college educated white liberals look at Trump supporters. I'm sick of it...watching all this protester stuff unfold and no one is doing anything about it almost makes me glad by showing the nation what white Liberalism is doing to this great nation. It's not the blacks that's causing this ruckus. While I don't experience racism I sure experience "classism".

Let the chips fall where they may.....I'll go down dead before I give up ANY kind of a gun.----6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Indian Giver?
Oh come on man! :D
Besides, your 89 has more finish than mine. It's a gift more befitting OS.
Mine does have a mint bore and is a stupid good shooter though. Well, guess I will have to wait for page 189. :D

Oh! I have a reblued parts gun that goes with it. I forgot about it as its behind my TV. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Parts gun !? Why not get the parts needed to make it a shooter- we can then rig up a pintle mount for your Jeep, convert both to belt feed and go show these antif thugs why hot lead is better than frozen water bottles & bricks!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

OldWin wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:07 am That's cool as all get out, Tom!
And don't you believe that 6-guy. None of it's true.
So....what you doin' this weekend? Up for a visit? Kind of a chill in the air. I better wear a heavy coat. :D

I love seeing you guys who will display your guns in open wooden racks and other various ways. I don't trust neighbors enough to do that. Maybe if my house was set up different or more away from neighbors I would be more inclined to do so. Great look.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Rube Burrows wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:58 am
I love seeing you guys who will display your guns in open wooden racks and other various ways. I don't trust neighbors enough to do that. Maybe if my house was set up different or more away from neighbors I would be more inclined to do so. Great look.
Hey Rube! Nice to see you stopped by for a visit. Yea...hang around...this is the non PC fun post where we don't do nothing except have fun and tell lies instead of slopping up the regular board with mindless entertainment. Everyone is invited to chime in and yes....there is lots of info here and we share solutions to problems. Except for me there's lots of learn from the other guys.

We mostly stick to the old guns and what it takes to make them tick. Here you will learn how to fix fences, change the oil in your tractor, load cast bullets in a cross bow, or even learn how to download the 50 BMG to shoot sparrows!

We back up our lies with pictures and other mindless innuendo. :D ----6

Oh! As to displaying our guns in open racks.....they come out of the safe...picture taken...and back in the safe...but for the most part our neighbors are like us......funny thing, a nasty storm just blew through and knocked out the electric....
I walked outside and was bs with my cop neighbor ........we were discussing the nation's dilemma and he said, "Geeze, they'd have to be crazy to come in our neighborhood......in the surrounding dozen houses there must be a thousand guns and a million reds of ammo to feed em.......we don't pay games here...you loot, we shoot. :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Rube Burrows wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:58 am
OldWin wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:07 am That's cool as all get out, Tom!
And don't you believe that 6-guy. None of it's true.
So....what you doin' this weekend? Up for a visit? Kind of a chill in the air. I better wear a heavy coat. :D

Thanks RB!
Glad you stopped by! Like ole Six said, this is kind of a laid back place. Pretty entertaining though haha. :D
It's true, I don't own a safe. However, my room is the safe. I spend a fair amount of time in there hangin' out. When I built it, I decided I didn't want to sit in my recliner and look at an iron box. I wanted to see my guns.
Also, there is rarely a time when someone isn't home.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:33 am Parts gun !? Why not get the parts needed to make it a shooter- we can then rig up a pintle mount for your Jeep, convert both to belt feed and go show these antif thugs why hot lead is better than frozen water bottles & bricks!
The action is complete and working. There is no wood or buttplate. The bore is a little rough too. It ain't worth the trouble. I hung onto it for the action parts.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh come on, aftermarket wood shouldn't be too expensive and if it's a matter of send lead down range in a crisis who care if the bullets hit sideways!! :lol:

Better yet send it down here, I'll bore it out to a smooth bore, develop a nice shot load and use it to shoot these darned carpenter bees!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha well if I need something to throw lead, I got others more suitable. :D
That one is a 38-40 also. It could also be wiped out to a 44 easy enough.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Just got our electric back after 6 hours...well, I had it through the MIGHTY Generac.......

For the second time in a lot of years since I've even flying Old Glory...the pole snapped.....I use PVC that's even heavier than Schedule 40...industrial stuff when they were building sewer lines down the road.. :D .....Wellllllll...gotta run...have a meeting tonight for peace talks and I need to get a mess of paper towels for all of the greasy chicken gizzards, necks, backs and turkey azzes.....

On a real deal note, buses and Humvees have been going up and down the road.......they are using the prestigious Glen Mills Boys School for a staging area and headquarters for an upcoming operation....dunno boys.....something is in the works.---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Pretty normal here. That being said, I'm just sick of all the insanity.
Then again, I love the sound of a bolt carrier dropping on a fresh magazine. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay.....Here...try this for a satisfying diversion to an otherwise boring afternoon.---6....o.....de......bro.....wit..............hoe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:20 pm Jay.....Here...try this for a satisfying diversion to an otherwise boring afternoon.---6....o.....de......bro.....wit..............hoe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0

There! That's better. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ooooooooo......TOMORROW is going to be a BIG day!!! The gunsmith called....the extremely mighty 44 WCF Merwin & Hulbert is finished! New firing pin built into the hammer.

Yep! It's going to be shot as soon as I get home......very possibly for the first time in well over a hundred years....as this gun most likely had the firing pin broke on purpose soon after being made in the late 1880's. This explains the condition.

Oooooooo I can't sleep! I'm 14 again.....

And wouldn't you know it my wife has to screw it all up.....This Gunshop is near an Amish market she likes..."Hey, drop me off and then go get the gun and wait for me out in the parking lot"......WTF? She don't like me having a happy moment unless she has one too.........it's off I go to the Gunshop.........whistle..whistle......---6

AND...on the way home I'll stop at the Kubota dealer and check on the mighty 3350....I'll sneak around back to the maintenance area and throw the mechanic a Jackson...like a child, which I still am, I get what I want. ( yea, that' burns some azzes on the eavesdroppers :D )
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six, many years go I was helping a friend by working his gunshop when he was stuck at his corporate job. I got some good deal(#1 for $350), anyhow a guy comes in one day with a Merwin Hubert 38. It was out of time, crane was screwed up, needed a couple other parts. I found the parts somewhere, got it back in time and sent it on its way. I think it was 38 s&w. Seemed like a fair little shooter. The guy was planning to use it for cowboy shooting- I warned him it probably wouldn't last as a daily shooter. Hope yours works when you get it back!

Heard the other night these protest morons were standing on an overpass throwing bricks at cars going by on the interstate! We need to start shooting these people on sight for this kind of stuff!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Groooaaaannnnnn....noon.......seems like I just got to bed a couple of hours ago........

OK, ok, I'm up......what now? I'm really draggin'.......I gotta do what???...drive 30 miles?....dunno 'bout dat....---0
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

If there was any question why anyone might need an AR for self defense that argument has ended with this rampant violence. Never owned one personally but for those who do the possible need is clear.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have more than one, personally I dont really care for the AR- it has no soul as far as I'm concerned! That being said they are a very efficient and easy means to send ammo down range. If the threat is out thar a bit then yes thats the choice but in close give me my Benelli M1 Super 90 with 00 buck . That great big 3/4"hole at the end sure does get a lot of respect!

Guess Lehigh county has finally given in- gun club is open tomorrow- I goin shooting Sunday!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

For example
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

So far, the protests in the Dallas area have been relatively mild. Probably due to the number of armed Texans in the area. I am still watching it all, and am using all the caution I can use. I am not going to trust others to treat me as I prefer to be treated.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I am surprised at my mentor, Mr. Old Savage!!! As a psychology major, YOU should know that human behavior never changes, only the different reactions to different problems arise.

Peaceful protests? ITS A JOKE...even if you are not being violent, what says you can block highways, roads, bridges, ANY mode of commerce? BS....the only reason MLK advocated peaceful protests was because he knew the nightclubs would come out swinging if it wasn't peaceful......and rightfully so.....

Humans of any race will revert to the survival instinct where the strong will have it all if they think they can get away with it......people today have lost the fear of repercussions...........push...push....push....that's all these low life's are doing....

BUT ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE....once the hands are in the free cookie jar they expect it to be that way from then on.....

I thought this covid 19 thing would bring some sense of stability and common sense back into our culture...it's worse......

NEVER has it been more important to be able to defend yourself, your family AND YOUR POSSESSIONS!....with each passing day THEY are growing irrationally stronger and WE (the weak minded ones) are becoming more guilty because of propaganda pushed down our throats due to the actions and procedures of our forefathers and leaders of which NONE of us are guilty of or have condoned. When I saw large groups of white people voluntarily picking up trash, liquor bottles, pizza bottles, excrement, broken glass, etc. I knew our culture was beyond help.

So....me and mom are staying home, living and enjoying life, taking care of our animals and I could give a flying rats azz what THEY are doing. Our leaders and white Liberalism have destroyed our rule of law and expected consequences from unruly behavior.

AR-15's......you better have at least two with extended magazines and to hell what your state laws are....you think THEY are gonna play fair and within the law? ---6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh!!!! Me and mom took Miss Apple on a very nice 60 mile round trip to pick up the mighty Merwin & Hulbert......very peaceful drive through back roads, stopped for ice cream, petrol, coffee and reminisced how there used to be no fear of driving in unfamiliar areas, knowing there would always be help if issues arose........today, a 38 was in my pocket, two speed loaders on the dash, and the shorty AR "commando" on the back seat with two 30 rounders taped together and two more on the floor, all with fresh Lake City 62 gr. Green Tip.........ain't that a shame?--6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

An armed society is a polite society is a true statement today. Was it Heinlein who said that?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

There is another aspect to this. The big money appears to think they have pushed some opportunities as low as they can and are now buying back in. Probably no further need for covid or riots.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's all I know is I'm a peon and there's nothing I can do to even help change the direction of this country....only thing I can do is talk or write as my vote don't count.....both sides are snakes.......there is no "right or wrong", there is only a direction that this country is going and there's nothing any of us can do to change it. It's waaaaaayyyy out of our hands.

They want to us to think our vote counts....our vote is nothing.......when I voted the other day and there were paper ballots I was astounded.....even told Mr Kelly, a chairman of our township that I'm DONE voting until I see indictments on the left. No indictments means the system is rigged for both of those low life elitist parties.

It's all coming together as in 2+2 = 4.....I'm 1,000 % convinced the individual vote means nothing...they have a plan and it's in effect with the final outcome coming sometime in the future.

I'm also convinced the Sandy Hook shooting was a staged act or somehow done to make it look like a whack job did it...maybe he did but there were more powerful people behind it all.

Too much has been going on in the last 50 years that just does not make sense. These riots nailed the last nail in the coffin for me.....

From here on until the Good Lord decides to take me I'm just going to enjoy life, relax, and have the mindset I did as a child.....my little world will be right here in the backyard playing with our animals and helping wildlife........to hell with politics and the news.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A good decision! I realized what you are talking about in 1967. But there is still a battle going. Take heart, it will all turn out as you would like but likely must play out in the mean time.

Enjoy yourself as you go, concentrate on what you like.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

In the mean time, ammo and gun sales here are through the roof. The state cannot keep up with it.

This all has backfired on them. ;-). Let it play out.

Keep the faith brother!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Fred! For real, only thing I'm gaining is aggravation. I always felt everyone should stay tuned closely to politics as well, that's your life. 1967? Geeze, I was 13 and just starting to get PH and woodies. :D

I've always been a slow learner when it comes to things I can't see. I always thought the people were the government and our destiny was in our hands....Boy, was I wrong.

One question....why didn't you clue me in?

On to better things...shot the Merwin & Hulbert today and a VERY scary thing happened for the first time in my life of several hundred thousand reds loaded. I loaded 10 rounds with 5 of bullseye and a 200 gr swaged bullet. The bullets miked out at .429 so I ran them through a sizer and made them .427 as the throats are a very tight .426. I handloaded these one at a time and double checked the powder in the NEW cases. Didn't want to take zero chances on a 5 gun.......

Went out to the shooting shack, set up the chronograph and a wooden stump with a target on it. I used the bottom of the paper for an aiming point as antique guns usually shoot high and I didn't want a bullet flying over the stump and whacking someone. Shot 5 rounds for an average of 609.....shot 5 more and used the bottom of the black for an aiming point. This gun shoots! 2" high and dead center.

On shot number 9 there was a pronounced increase in recoil and the chrono read 1067! I was scared and did not want to look at the gun....it was fine and the spent round easily extracted.....have no idea.....I was aiming downward with only 5 grains of powder....was it a detonation? Doubt it as the gun would have blown. Dunno.

Gonna try some black tomorrow.---6

How do you like this $200 firing pin? Handmade to exactness.

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Great looking gun. Question about that velocity? What do you think??

Clue you ;-) Not sure I should clue people to my thought process but every once in a while they expose their control.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Just watched "The Quick & Da Dead". Stupid movie with one of the poorest plots I've ever seen but there were some neat single actions. Gene Hackdude was good..reminded me of his role in "Unforgiven". In that movie he destroyed one of the finest Colts I've seen that belonged to "English Bob". :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Lots of action!
Six, the MH looks awesome! Great shooter too!
Looks like you've "seen the light".
It happened for me when I was a senior in high school and started reading George Orwell for a term paper. I've never been the same.
The only reason they are so brazen and obvious is because they have no fear. They know they have won.
You are absolutely right. Just enjoy your life. Keep you powder dry and decide where your line is. Do not watch ANY network television.
That is how I live. I've had a good life and I'm just not afraid.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thank Jayster! Really, when you get to thinking about life, what the hell does knowing about politics do for you? Really nothing other than being able to hold a conversation with a like minded individual......even the regular news does little for bettering your life.....ok, you can say, "man! did you see that guy on the news that ate a snake?"

Up until I was about forty I only knew who was president.....then.later I used to laugh at the people on Fox News "Waters World" who didn't know who their senator was.

Ok, I'm changed.....maybe a little local news and to hell with cable news.....I have never missed a presidential election since I was old enough to vote but that's gonna change as it don't matter who is in office, I still have bills to pay. Yep...keep the powder dry, the magazines loaded, and the triggers greased....---2
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The FP looks to me like they welded up enough to shape and finish/fit to fit through the frame. Not a single thing wrong with that! It works just fine from the looks of it. I don't see any drag marks where it goes through the frame- well done! It's nice to know you can count on it shooting center too!

Is it 44/40 or 44 special or 44 Russian?

Had some more thunderstorms last night, did you get any down there Jack?

Finished hanging the pantry cabinets yesterday. Granite countertop guys are coming to template today. We still have to do all the crony mouldings and other trim before we build the custom 'sports closet' . The painters found more rot so we have to replac more siding- this is 2nd floor off a slate roof- it's steep, old and not going to be fun!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny....I pulled a 3 oclocker last night....starting to make me think what I'm turning into......buddies of mine who have been in the Big House tell me some of the inmates sleep all day and hoop and hollar all night....

Hot and humid again I see...it's like an ice cube in here....must say one thing for the Nips, they sure know how to make a heat pump/AC. . . I told mom last night, "yo sis, we is livin' large, our crib be cool!" and she's says, "I hear ya's bro, let's get out the KFC!" Electric bill for May, $121 full electric house.

Well....think I'll load up some black .....it's a 44-40 Gunny....the gunsmith told me he made a FP from tool steel and milled out the hammer. He looked at pictures from originals and tried to keep it as "true to form" as possible.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well.....another day, another dollar....hot and humid......I'm BORED so I walked aaallllll of the way to the garage...started up the Rubicon and drove aaallllllll the way to the post office. (About 250 yards)......

Got an envelope from the Ridgway Rifle Club..........returned my loot for the Nationals.....it's official, it's cancelled. At my age I wonder if I'll make it to next year as there's probably a meteorite right now that's passing Pluto with my name on it.

Well, I did have a very nice note from the match director that my wife didn't like... :D

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh boy- sounds like WW3 is about to start!!
Got an email from the 'club' if ya want to shoot skeet a mask must be worn unless you are in your car or when you are on station to shoot. The controllers will be disinfected between squads. What a PITA - I'm very glad the international range has microphones and the stations are 2 meters apart! Also heard from the guy that throws ZZ Birds, he is opening up next weekend, 25 shooters max.

Sure hope he put some kind of heat treat on that tool steel( I'm sure he did as he )... I'm sure you arent going to put thousands of rounds through it so it should last for a long time.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Here Six tell your wife this is Tammy from the nationals!
Screenshot_20200605-173810_Chrome.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh man! She's a hottie!

There is the first match of the season tomorrow for big bore handgun Silhouette with succeeding matches each weekend....next weekend is levergun Silhouette, after that smallbore Silhouette and long range Silhouette. I WILL NOT be attending ANY matches as they said our temperatures will be taken when we get out of our vehicles, masks must be worn and there will an empty bench between each shooter. Talk about a CLUSTER F.

When I go to the club it's for relaxation and joy. Usually every bench is taken up all along the firing line during matches so this means the matches will be TWICE as long...as in time.....instead of 3-5 relays this means 6-10 relays.....
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I was watching "Unforgiven" again but this time I was ready with the mighty Merwin & Hulbert. Me and Clint were shooting it out with Gene Hackman. You will see the smoke from the black powder I was using.

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You laugh but I have shot a tv! S&W 422, I had been at the range and decided to sit in front of the tv and clean guns. I scattered the 422 into parts, cleaned it and put it back together. Function test- since the 422 is a liberal lawyers gun it don't work without the magazine in place. So I slap the mag in and rack the slide and squeeze off a stinger- pasted the tv screen right where I was aiming! My faithful lab was sleeping next to me on the couch. She looked at me like ' if you think I'm fetching that your wrong' and left the room!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I would have paid to see that Gunny! :D
So far, I've been lucky. All mine have been with BB guns when I was a kid.
Put a big dent in a metal ceiling in the dining room. My parents were sitting right there. My old man just looked at me and said he would show me how to do body work.
I also shot the medicine cabinet mirror in the bathroom. It put one of those glass bullseyes in it. Nobody was home, and it was on the bottom edge, so I put a dentist sticker over it. They never knew. :D