The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jay Bird

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Jay Bird »

Ok...I get it on the cero coating.....looks nice guys......I did something similar on a 642 Smith ...a spray on paint and then cook it in the oven......looked great until I started rough housing ...... I beat the hell out of the gun...chipped it up....must have fallen out of my pocket 200 times........does this cero stuff chip off...........ya know, once you chip it, it looks like Pelosi.....

Jay....I know you live clean as does your family.......I've never known any family member on either side to have been in the big house.....known more than a few co workers and others.........on fridays for about a year I used to drop off a co worker at the big house down the road...it was something like his 4th dui.....this guy was something...I used to check out Saturday night specials he would get on the street as he lived in a bad part of town and he couldn't read or write to fill out the forms....cheap .22's, 32's and such.......within a week of him getting it the cops had it.....he shot up all kinds of bars and people's cars.....one time he shot up the bars cash register and it was in the newspaper.........week later he'd get another. .......another time he came to work and first thing in the morning he told me he sliced this guy up good in a bar and the cops were looking for him....I laughed.....next day second page headline "cops seek slasher" and described this guy to a T. He entrusted me with that privy info...funny thing, this guy was the chief shop steward and always had a liking for me......helped me out many times and never let others mess with me when I was a young guy......we were buddies for many years until he retired....a forced retirement as he kept coming to work drunk and they didn't want to fire him........other than his drinking problem he was one of the finest people I have ever known....black guy who had arms as big as my legs and not an ounce of fat........but once he got that first drink ... :D

He's still alive at 85....September 23, 1934 was his birth date as I used to do all of his bank forms and other paperwork as he couldn't read or write......
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool story! People are funny aren't they? Sometimes folks who at first blush look like someone you wouldn't let pet your dog, turn out to be the the most genuine and honest people.
I've known people like that too. I usually take a long time to warm up to people. I think it takes a good while see who they are.
I was born and raised catholic. I've seen many "holier than thou" types be the most miserable P's O S I've ever seen.
And I've know bums who where great people.
Seen it the other way around too.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The question is ... are they residents ... or from away?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six wins honorary resident status as a Mainiac.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:06 am Six wins honorary resident status as a Mainiac.
And THAT is a title bestowed on very few. I won't say honor, however. That may be questionable. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, a card sent from our Maine friends from our time as "honorary" residents.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. That is a real good testament right there, buddy.
Maine camouflage is the rarest pattern! :D

Heck! I even spotted a Miller Lite can there on the right.
Only improvement would be maybe a Natty Light can and some Allens Coffee Brandy haha.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You will probably recognize where this was taken.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Had friends that moved from here to NH , from NH to ME. they had a 'camp' near Barharbor it was on Long Pond IIRC. they lived there 15 odd years, they were from away. He used to shoot turtles that would bask in the sun on rock in the lake- rifle of choice- Mod 70 22 hornet. He kept a MAC10 handy for red squirrels- honest! I was there once to help open up one spring. If that kind of behavior doesn't get your away status changed nothing will! :lol:

Six did you use molycoat? We did a lot of that in school, in the dorms even! Toaster oven was all ya need. Yes it does chip off but it was great for aluminum grip frames.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gunny, I think you have to understand, away status does not change. If they had a child, he would be from away. If a cat had kittens in an oven you wouldn't call 'em biscuits now would ya? Maybe the next generation, they didn't tell me that. Bahaba.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My family moves to Pennsylvania decades ago and my Dad said that f you want me to keep paying college tuition you are making bing too. My heart ❤️ s still in the Deer Lodge valley though.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

I’m looking at property in Monarch and Three Forks Montana, went over to both this past weekend but there was too much snow to drive the truck in, so covd19 permitting I’ll go back in a few weeks to walk the two properties.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well...another "noonish" wake up.....watched this weird movie last night for the fifth time and there's parts I still don't understand. WILD! is putting it pleasant....."No Country For Old Men" . Talk about a whacko. Probably got to sleep about when Gunny got up.

Well, on to good times....don't believe I've ever seen Old Savage in a picture wth men.....he is a true woman's man....this guy could write a book. "Mainiac" :D I'll tell you what a maniac is....that guy in No Country For Old Men. That guy would shoot people for fun...never saw any emotion on his face...a true whacko. Neat "tool" he had for opening locks....that's what they use for butchering cattle.

I'm a TRUE Pennsylvanian....my dad being born in the mountains of Armstrong County and me 27 years later in Philly. (Kitten born in the oven.. :D )

Gunny.....bake on Brownells OD green.....8-10 years ago.. ..just the frame....made it a two tone.....looked great for about a year... ...this gun goes in my pocket EVERYDAY and I'm deadly with it to 75 yards using a 200 gr soft lead bullet at 625 fps.

Time for my usual noon breakfast....4 eggs and the same numbered slices of bread....keeps me going all day

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey...I don't have a model 64 of anything to post......Jay????
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A little larceny here at the office parking lot.

And Six, we have been in the Jersey/Bucks county area since before the revolution. You might could get those Mainiacs to redefine resident with your approach to dealing with tornados and the like.

Only gun I actually ever carried was a Colt SAA in 44 Spl. in my belt, only once really.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

He OS.
That picture is o. Cadillac Mt. And yeah, crazy as it sounds, you got it pretty well figured. :D

He Six,
No Country for Old Men is a good movie. I really felt bad for the "cowboy". Root for him every time. The floozy by the pool is what did it.
Not a bad "gun movie".

A 64? Yeah, I have 3. No deluxe though. Two standard rifles in 30 and 32, and a 20" in 30.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

A "little" larceny? I'm afraid to think what I would do if I caught someone doing that......you have to think about the years of effort and money spent along with fear and aggravation caused by these sociopaths......would all be taken out on that one individual who you caught......

I laugh at petty larceny or petty vandalism but serious stuff is gonna get a strong response.......6
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

What is the penalty for whacking someone over the head with a 3 iron when you catch them breaking into a vehicle? Is a driver a lesser charge?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, gal in the blue is from Milo. She married one of my best friends. His family owned property on Big Lake for many years. He graduated from UM. We visited up there a few times including staying at Schoodic lake. Through that we got a lot of the story as adopted insiders. They all enjoyed bringing us in. There was a hunting accident shooting. I set up a support group called Friends of C W. I knew something about that because I was chairman of the Friends of NRA here for four years. We won that round.

So the cars on blocks, the appliances on the porch, the door yard etc were evident in our travels from Milo to Camden to Bar Harbor, Dover Foxcroft, Mt Katadin, Orono etc. We got around quite a bit. Interesting place.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool story OS. Too bad about the accident. That is a rare occurrence here now. Hunting is probably the safest outdoor sport in the state now.

There really is a lot to see here.
Of course, much of it will leave you shaking your head. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

piller wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:16 pm What is the penalty for whacking someone over the head with a 3 iron when you catch them breaking into a vehicle? Is a driver a lesser charge?
No charge at all Piller....and possibly a medal for community service.....

You see, you saw someone breaking into your vehicle and you politely asked him/they if they needed any help. You continued by offering them money because their clothing looked ragged and at that point they lunged at you. You just happened to have a heavy 2 iron by your side.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Must of had a bottle of hand sanitizer in the cup holder ? Personally I'd go for the pitching or sand wedge, take a nice divot of flesh off so the cops could use it for DNA testing- then again the ER would be an easy place to look for the missing divot!

Well Six this morning I actually slept in ! Got out of bed at 6am- 45 minutes later than normal!

No 64s here, Jay is a nice guy and since he has multiple 64s he can give you and I each one for our own !

I tell ya I dont see Rita's Italian Ice as a essential business- passed one this afternoon that was open. Dont tell me it is considered food...

The brown wonder is feeling better! The NSAIDs are working. Thank heavens she didnt screw up the surgery!

Brought in 3 loads of firewood this afternoon, have 6 more BIG chunks of this oak to split yet. Big trees suck to clean up but boy do you get a lot of wood! Bet 3 cord of split from this 1 tree!

So you number your toast? How does one go about that? Number stamps?

Having my one of my favorites tonight- Fiesta dogs. Jalapeno & cheese hot dogs. Made by Berks meats, out in Tom's neck of the woods. Guy I shoot with works there, got a whole case last fall. Cant beat a 1/4 lbs hot dog!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh man Gunny.....that food you just described makes my mouth water.....not much is better than a slop filled hot dog with cheese, hot peppers and the like........f salt would put me where all those corona virus people are.

Be careful when you get those dogs on the frying pan....if you find a vein in one don't eat it!

Yep...take care of your furry friends and f the rest of the world...it's what I do.-----6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Killed a possum once with a 4 iron, that was ugly.

But, reloading 45 Colt today, almost 30 years, did one for each year, testing a new load. That would be 255 gr. SWC over 6.5 gr of American Select in new Starline cases.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

OS as soon as I saw that picture I said Cadillac Mt.
But I didn’t check in today. We had LOTS of reports of Clovid 19’testing on nursing home residents over the last two days
Milo was right up the road from me and Mrs fwb #1. This is no Pelosi. We went to get her truck inspected in Milo and when we pulled in they were laying tires on the ground. They were gonna replace the exhaust on a
Small pickup and they rolled it on its Side to do it.
Milo is also where oxyoke originals was from.
After working on virus stuff all day I spent the evening replacing control arms, sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, and struts on my mustang. Plus cleaning and painting the sway bar. Actually went pretty well as I got the KYB complete struts with the mount and spring already as one piece.
Last edited by fordwannabe on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well back at work again. I love being "essential". Especially for a dying giant making something nobody needs right right now.
Always knew this place would kill me. I'd really rather it didn't kill my wife and parents, however.
Hopefully, this mess will kill this place and not me.

There, I'm done.

On a happier note. I got beer.......I got taco fixin's....toilet paper..... more ammo than I'll ever need.
I'm pretty set.
Let the crazy keep rollin! :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

fwb, I was into the black back then. Knew Oxyoke was from there. Still have some of their stuff in my kit. You probably know where Schoodic is. Maine is an interesting place.

Lot of people don't know what a lobster pot is.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Jay...those last 11 years will fly by...your 51?.....I used to tell myself in the last 5-10 years....."look Jack, you have a lot of time in this place, senior man, easy job, 9 weeks off...paid, super hours (6-2:30 mon-fri.).....yea, bosses don't like you and you have a huge target on your back because of the extra money they have to put out for you....if you screw up in ANY way, they will fire you and by firing you they will save a lot of money as they have to pay ALL of your benefits from age 62-65...be good, come in on time, do your job, shut your mouth, do what they tell you and don't try to make things better, don't give a F about the business..........all in a nutshell...do your job and shut up......."

It worked.....eeeeaaaassssyyy street.

For most of my 43+ years I actually cared about the business...wanted to make things better and more profitable for the company..........and all I got was aggravation and watched the majority of employees do in their entire employment years what I did in the last few years...yea, I'm a slow learner.

Just about every night I throw out bits of food for the birds in the morning and look who's eating it!---6

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

That's a great load there Fred...30 rounds? For the 4.5" Ruger OM?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, any of them. Should be good. I found basically all the shotgun powders give you minute of beer can at about 25 yds. if the velocity is 750-850 fps. A big bullet going slow should do about anything reasonable for a handgun. This is my first venture into reloading since the golf caused shoulder issues. Had to go look everything up and get it all set up. I did the grand majority of my reloading on a Dillon RL 550B. This would have been about 15 minutes but on the RCBS it is s project. Good though, used some time in this shelter environment.

I read what the various cast boolit guys had on this, seemed to vary between Red and Green Dot. I took a mid range stab at it. Usually works out with some experience.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah OS. You mean there are people who don't know what a lobstapot is? :D

Six,
I'm 52 and change. I got 8 years left as they supposedly will let me out at 60. Just worry as they just keep taking from us. Worry they will push the age out. They can't replace us cause nobody knows a trade anymore and they don't want to pay anything. Now they got this latest "crisis" as an excuse.
That's why I stay on nights. Keep my head down as much a possible. This week has been pretty hot though. They want to take our temperature every day before letting us in. Say if it's 99.5 they will send us home but won't tell us if they will pay us or for how long.
Man, thus company ain't the one I went to work for 32 years ago.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup Six I was the same way when I was at the yard, my mind it was mine...I got crapped on, stuff for it, not 1 cent for a raise in 7 years and it got to me, BAD! F-em! I still give the place the one finger salute when I drive by. .!.. It kinda sucks when companies change hands( offspring take over) things just get worse.

Gawd these morning dipsticks on the weather channel irritate me, just duct tape over their mouths already! Babbling morons.

Big & slow gets it done- you won't have any problems with those loads OS!

Got a text last night from a friend of a friend , looking for a puppy. Ok you are on the list. This woman's family has 2 dogs from the same line I have. Brothers from different litters to my Winnie.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

OS not only do I know what a lobstapot is I know what a lobsta pound is too. Smart ain’t I? I also have a former F-I-L who wouldn’t eat lobsta because that’s poor people food. I can afford chicken legs😳. I delivered to Ox-Yoke on occasion. You know those pretty patches that you assume were cut on some kind of automated machine? Nope a BUNCH of women standing around a HUGE table with sharpened tubes of various size and wooden mallets whacking the snot out of sheets of fabric.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Ruger says Hello to Gunnymack’s girls.
2EF56F7F-6B60-4937-AB3D-0E09A8364931.jpeg
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

20200324_211612.jpg
Mija.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My old chihuahua would be glad to make friends with anyone who stays seated for 10 minutes or more. She has claimed my lap as her nap spot. She knows John Wayne's voice and that it means over an hour of uninterrupted nap time for her. The other dogs are active, but she is old and tired.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Speakin' of lobstapots and pounds.....
Word on the street is that because of all the closures, if you drive down to the co-ops with some cash as the boats come in, there are some spanking deals. Poor guys need to unload the stuff. Word I got was 5 bucks a pound.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I saw on a cooking show that in the 1700 the help went on strike in protest of having to eat lobsta more than 3 times a week. Yes I watch Good Eats, I enjoy the history and science behind cooking. Plus it's the closest thing to culture I get.

Hiya Ruger!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey FW!
Suspension work on your Mustang? Nice! KYB stuff will tighten it up.
Speaking of Milo. This guy at work moved up here from Mississippi. Good guy. He said to me one day, "Ya'll talk about red necks in the south? I've seen some of the scariest people in my life up here!"
I laughed my azz off. He has since moved back. We still keep in touch.
I pumped gas when I was a kid and met people from all over. Always liked the Rebels. They always treated this hick kid with kindness and respect.
Now I will confess, I used to have a little fun. They always asked how much snow we got. If it was August, I would ask if they were on their way home. If they were, I would say "well, you should be ok as long as you keep moving. Maybe you won't get caught". Their eyes would be round as saucers. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The New England snow belt used to average 37 ft a year. I was in the Army with some Southern guys. Told msny people I don't think the folks from Maine and Alabama could understand each other. Good and bad from all over. One friend from Maine had a picture of a guy leaning on a telephone pole crossbar.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

As usual I'm the last to get up......pulled a 3 o'colcker last night....

Love that little chihuahua.....well, all dogs in general......

Speaking of Maine, my son's sweetheart's nephew has something like a half a million followers on Facebook due to this thing he made up, "Quarantine Karaoke".

My boy had a BAD day yesterday........was driving his 30K+ Harley and hit a pot hole..blew the tire and destroyed the rim.....he somehow got the bike home (very inventive, like pops) and got his sweethearts car, a new something, (don't know why he didn't get his Jeep) and drove to the Harley dealership and got a flat tire on I-70.....yea, new car.....anyway, he told me by this time he was so disgusted he just drove down I-70 on the flat tire to a place and got a couple of cans of fix-a-flat and he managed to get the tire 1/2" off the ground and drove home on that. No sure, but I think he needs a rim on that one too. :D

Lobster was once considered a poor man's food. I won't eat it for the same I won't eat crabs. (Do you know anyone who eats buzzards?) Speaking of crabs I had them real bad one time so,I went to the movie theater and bought a pack of pretzels....ate the pretzels and sprinkled the salt all over my pubic area........the crabs ate the salt and got thirsty and when the crabs went to get a drink of water, I just moved to a different seat several rows down.---6 :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good .........morning? Buddy. :D

Wow! Glad your boy didn't pile up his Harley! That really sucks. If I'm not mistaken, he has a bagger, so at least he has a meaty front tire. I saw him one time on a Harley forum.
I was over by Sugarloaf riding in the mountains one day a couple years ago. I was hanging this left hand sweeper turn about 65mph and missed a real deep pothole vy about six inches. :shock:
I have an FX Softail, so my front tire and rim is skinny. I'd of been a goner. Especially out in the middle of nowhere like that.

Yeah, they used to feed the prisoners on devil's island lobsters.
I don't eat em much. Ain't worth the mess to me.
Now steamers.....that's a different story. Just got back from the fish truck. Got my mom 4lbs of haddock.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea Jay....we are all just a second away from biting the dust......I personally will not own a motorcycle of any kind mostly because I've never grown up....I like dangerous living and I'd be the one who hands his buddy his beer and says, "watch this, I'm gonna make that 30' jump with my full dresser"......

Be careful at the fish market...there's only two things that smell like fish and fish is one of em.

Going out to the shooting shack with a mess of 32-20's for testing in the 1885 Low Wall.........all below the speed of sound. Gonna see what this old rifle will do.----6.....o....wit de hoe.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Y'all can keep the shellfish!- slow growers get Ll the pollutants that is in the food chain. However shrimp, small lobsters and clams make great bait!! :lol:

Just after lunch we were rearranging the scaffolding and my back said see ya I'm outta here! Finished the day on the ground cleaning up. At the chiropractor now for my weekly adjustment.

Weatherman really screwed the pooch today! Bluebird skies , what happened to the rain all day that was forecasted yesterday?!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My county is going on lockdown at 2000 tonight until April 6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ha! I hear ya Gunny.........as I'm an outdoor guy I made inside plans on Wednesday and NO rain ...a few real light sprinkles.

Now! You want to get pizzed? I'm told the average weather forecaster make like a buck and a quarter a year.....and that nasty snobbish Cecily Tynan on channel 6 makes $750,000. Yea, WTF? A while back most salaries used to be online but you can't see them anymore unless you hunt around. That bi.tch is a nasty snob.

Lockdown in Womelsdorf? How are they gonna catch you? Two Marlins and 500 horsepower will leave em in the dust.--6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I finally remembered to snap a pic today !
20200327_115415_copy_800x600.jpg
I'm going to see what I can find about this house .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So I believe this property was originally know as the Turner-Chew-Carhart Farm according to the Historic register.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, loaded 32-20 for the first time today... massive output. Going to have to schedule a consult with the 32 WCF guru. Basically a rookie mistake compounded by a rookie mistake but I did end up with one round of 93 gr cast with 3.7 gr Unique and one round of 85 gr Hornady HP with the same powder charge.

But I will now go about it from another direction.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

It's OK now, take a breather because......because......MR 32-20 is here to save the day!!!!!

An old saying, "TWO GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE"..........While Mr. Old Savage was on the West Coast experimenting with the 32-20 his protege and humble servant, Mr 32-20 (jr.) was on the East Coast doing the SAME THING!!!!!!

For real, I had a full day today after an early rising of 12:30 PM.......after doing some menial chores I got out the WINCHESTER 1885 Low Wall with part rd/oct 28" barrel all underneath a MVA 36" 6x scope. (We don't have the words, "made in Italy" here in Sixgun Land)

Went out to the shooting shack, set up the chrono and tested 2 loads at 50 meters, 100 meters, and 142 yds, using Winchester 231 behind the 115 gr. NEI gas check bullet. My intention was to make a low velocity load for backyard shooting ....the lower the velocity combined with the minimal amount of fast burning powder shot out of a long barreled rifle will result in the charged being burned in the barrel and a yield of decibels that equal that of a .22 CB cap.

Pretty much worked with 2.5 of 231 and still left a healthy divit in the ground at 142 yards...accuracy was OK, about a small inch at 50 meters and 3" at 142 yards. Adding an additional grain of powder increased accuracy to a ragged hole at 50 and 2" at 142 yards........yes, it's an accurate rifle for being made in 1909. Conditions were perfect, zero wind and 70 degrees on a solid bench.

The 3.5 load was a bit loud and too much for around here. Both loads were below the speed of sound so the noise was "dead" as in .22 target ammo with no "crack". I'd have no problem hitting items like live birds out to 100 meters.....I prefer "clay birds" and they shatter out to my maximum range of 142. If I used the surrounding pasture I could get 400 yards but then I'd have to walk on my inlaws property and my BIL would see me and come out to bore azz me and take up my time. He is perfectly happy spending ALL of his time watching TV accomplishing nothing.

Fred...your load of 3.5 of Unique is an accurate one but very low on pressure. 4.5 with any bullet has been one of my most accurate load.

Got more tomorrow to test...gonna try the Lyman 3118 plain base but I don't hold much promise as old rifles just don't shoot plain base bullets well unless your lucky enough to have pristine bore condition.

The mighty 1885

The top scrap of paper is my notes from outside.....translated for more permanent records.

Last edited by Jay Bird on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.