The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Gunny.....all that soreness and feeling like Pelosi means something big is coming.

Now you know why some people move to Arizona.

Just started here as a light drizzle.

Dropping off HRC at the pool.....probably the highlight of my day.--6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

122!!! ...and I wasn't counting........an honest win!......whoopie!!!!!. .

This calls for passing some gas.......(hey you in the other room, hold your ears.)

.....rrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppp..rip....rip...rip...rip....eeeeuuuuu...little juicy.....brown shorts again????

(Old Savage likes it when we fanny burp)....

----006....(secret agent man)
Sixgun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:02 am Yea Gunny.....all that soreness and feeling like Pelosi means something big is coming.

Now you know why some people move to Arizona.

Just started here as a light drizzle.

Dropping off HRC at the pool.....probably the highlight of my day.--6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I have no idea how dat happened.......I quoted myself......yea, I could delete it but I like attention to my stupidity......(throws off "the others"........).....they say things that they think I don't understand........ ....works, for real...I've used it for many years on people at work, so called "friends" and "family members".

This is them talking to themselves...("he's so stupid you'd have to hit him in the head with a rock to make him understand your trying to hurt him.) :D

Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:12 am I have no idea how dat happened.......I quoted myself......yea, I could delete it but I like attention to my stupidity......(throws off "the others"........).....they say things that they think I don't understand........ ....works, for real...I've used it for many years on people at work, so called "friends" and "family members".

This is them talking to themselves...("he's so stupid you'd have to hit him in the head with a rock to make him understand your trying to hurt him.) :D

My dad does that. Many people talk down to him like he don't understand something. I know the truth though. He just likes to come off as not knowing things, mostly to get more conversation out of people. I am sure he hears all kinds of things from people who think he don't know what they are talking about. Gets to know the true character of some people I am sure.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Congrats on the win, buddy.

Hope you get over the soreness Gunny.

Yes. Many people mistake sophistication for intelligence. The two aren't necessarily related. I know many people who are very smart but lack any sort of sophistication or polish. People make the mistake of thinking they are stupid when they are 10 steps ahead of them. It really can be an advantage.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

GOT 'EM!!!!!!

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Rube......your dad and I know about people.....they feel you out and try to find a weak link then they come in for the kill....or in modern times...what they can rob you of. Sure does show the character.

On to better things in my lately boring life...SUCCESS!!!!.....

12:55 a blue car comes down the road.....white girl with a ponytail jumps out and steals a sign from my neighbor....this sign is only a few feet from my property......when these people stopped, it was abruptly and the pick up truck behind this car almost clobbers them prompted him to take a picture.... :D

This guy takes a picture then turns around wondering what to do with this picture.....I'm outside and wave him in.....

Yea....he was a good ole boy redneck with 6" of lift on his truck and monster tires....NRA member and gun guy......he told me these idiots almost caused him to have an accident.

More later.......I've been waiting for this....township supervisor, a buddy of mine told me to go through with it whether or not my neighbor wants to bring charges.....-----006

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:29 pm Here it is .... the Model 122 :)

https://www.sjerhombus.com/products/new-model-122/
Hey look here! I hold the rights to stupidity on this board! Dang control panel! If it has wires or a computer chip in it, it's over my head.....thank you, I'll take it and give it to someone who has smarts, like Jay or Gunny.----6

IM IN THE GARAGE WAITING FOR THE STATE POLICE TO SHOW UP. I told the lady on the phone I don't want to bother them with petty crimes as they have other things to do.....NO! was her reply.....we get calls like this all the time but no one can prove it....YES she said, we will send a trooper right out.

Oh boy, like the Bible says, "Revenge will be mine".....ooooooooo I'm so giddy right now...gonna cost some low life a half of thou. My neighbor, who's a constable didn't see it but said he will go with the charges....Me and mom were the witnesses....ooooo, I feel like I'm on Dragnet.

Yea, being retired can be very boring sometimes......we get tired of watching the corn grow around here.-----006 (SECRET AGENT MAN!!!!

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Good! String em up !! Just goes to show how dumb they are to steal it in broad daylight!!

That new panel box will be handy for when you wire your signs- run 440 to em, that'll set ponytails on fire!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Badge 714
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Awesome man!

The sweet smell of a liberal's tears. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...good news and bad news......

The trooper showed up and I presented the story and the picture proof. I asked him what the procedure was and he said they will call the owner of the car up and have them come in for an interview.

Here's the problem...if they keep their mouth shut and refuse to come in for the interview...case closed. Seems like being a criminal is the thing to do today.....then they wonder why there is vigilantism.

If it was my property I'd be in the county court house with a lawyer even if it cost me $5,000 to cost them $500.----006

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Gunny...remember a year or so ago I was drilling holes in partially filled pressurized paint cans? And one of them took off and did a whirlybird on the garage floor? Look on the floor of the garage with the silver paint. :D

That's a lot of fun, drilling holes in things that have pressure. Upstate in deer camp we always had a few days of shooting before opening day and we used to shoot full 1 pound bottles of propane to pass the day......cheap fun, especially when you have a small fire near the bottle.----006

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ha yes I see the paint!

Yes I'm sure the PD will only do a bare minimum cuz of the chicom germs and for the most part its a ' harmless, Victimless crime'. Whether it's right or wrong depends on the person. Hopefully the car belongs to mom & dad and their enlightened child was driving. We can only hope the parents know right from wrong and drag the kid into the barracks!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Post that on Facebook with a story of how someone ran over your dog and that car might have seen it. You should get a name of the person pretty easy. Then take them to small claims court for damages.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

piller wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:59 pm Post that on Facebook with a story of how someone ran over your dog and that car might have seen it. You should get a name of the person pretty easy. Then take them to small claims court for damages.

Nailed it!
Unfortunately, this is how you have to do business now.
It's not the troopers themselves. It's the system....and it's goal to grow itself.
If crime goes down, is solved, or people punished.....you can have an excuse to get a bigger budget next year.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I hate having to be that sort of sneaky person to come up with that suggestion. Trouble is that it is effective.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK...I'm game......kind of a stressful day even though it was fun.......

Gonna watch President Trump throw this clown around on stage....after what Trump was put through that last four years I hope he chews him up....---6

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

After starting my competition last Wednesday, I finally got around to cleaning any of my guns...! Sharps, cleaned up nicely. Bore is nice and shiney bright! Then stripped down the Uberti Henry... And after 3 days of shooting, 110 rounds, 45 Colt, RCBS 45-225-CAV, SPG, 28 grains of Goex "Cartridge", no cleaning in the interim, the insides looked like:

A little fouling stuck to the bolt, quite a bit on the carrier, a bit round the muzzle, but it ran with no hitches, or glitches! Then, it all cleaned up nice and squeaky clean with nothing but HOT water! Ran several strokes thru the bore with a "Tornado" brush, then a standard bronze brush, then several patches soaked in hot water, then a couple dry patches, then some soaked in Hoppe's #9!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang Griff.....that baby stayed clean.....well, it should as the only dirt that gets in there is when levering the old one out and the new one in.......what do you use in that iron frame Henry for lube.....(I played with an original iron frame...believe the guy wanted a hundred big one for it).....when I got my original '73's I would take the guts out and clean and degrease everything squeaky clean...then spray eezox synthetic oil and work the action with the side plates removed...then blow it out with 75 pounds of compressed air and put it together......

LOVED the debate!!!! ...well, if you want to call it a debate......Trump had every right to jump in..why should he let sleepy Joe say a lie that most leftys don't know the difference. Trump was not going to let Biden get away with information that was impossible to do like the Green New Deal......and not one police group would endorse Biden!

Biden said antifa was an "idea"....yea, "ideas" burn down cities and shoot cops.....hopefully most Americans saw through it...

It's no longer President Trump..lots now FIGHTING President Trump.....

Chris Wallace should be on CNN

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:33 pmDang Griff.....that baby stayed clean.....well, it should as the only dirt that gets in there is when levering the old one out and the new one in.......what do you use in that iron frame Henry for lube.....(I played with an original iron frame...believe the guy wanted a hundred big one for it).....when I got my original '73's I would take the guts out and clean and degrease everything squeaky clean...then spray eezox synthetic oil and work the action with the side plates removed...then blow it out with 75 pounds of compressed air and put it together......
Grease on the pins and firing pin extension & carrier arm contact area with the carrier and the lever pivot bolt. No grease or oil anywhere else.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tornado brush? You mean the woven sprial stainless steel brush? Nope not for a rifled bore- I don't like them on rifling . Fine for smooth bores.

Nice to see that your guns worked well, not much in the way of crud and you were worried about the humidity before you left. :D

Well we all know that Mr Trump has gotten the fuzzy end of the lollipop from the get go. I didn't stay awake for the debate. I should have recorded it i guess.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:55 pm Well...good news and bad news......

The trooper showed up and I presented the story and the picture proof. I asked him what the procedure was and he said they will call the owner of the car up and have them come in for an interview.

Here's the problem...if they keep their mouth shut and refuse to come in for the interview...case closed. Seems like being a criminal is the thing to do today.....then they wonder why there is vigilantism.

If it was my property I'd be in the county court house with a lawyer even if it cost me $5,000 to cost them $500.----006

Yeah, It seems to be so hard these days for criminals to get charged with a lot of the things they do. It has to blow up into something major before they want to look at it.

A fellow Jeeper I see.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I like the Facebook-stalking idea for the sign-stealers.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok...Piller wins the next three pages no matter who actually is first.....that's a great idea and I have mom working on it now.....

There is a reverse license plate look up on the internet and the actually car will come up.....this one did as a 2000 Honda CRV but if you want more information you have to pay......and I'm not one to have my debit card number out there to some two cent website....figured I'll let someone else do it.........

Mom Yesterday was circulating the car with its license plate number on Facebook for Trump sign stealing....
Hey! It might have the same effect.......I WILL NOT stop until I get satisfaction....eventually, my path and that cars path are gonna cross somewhere and they are going to know not to step into my neighborhood and do a crime....I told the cop that yesterday.....told him I'm too old to deal with these babies and I'll stick bear traps out in the yard...he didn't think that was a good idea... :D

Of the many maladies that affect a human as they age there is one silver lining in the cloud....you just don't give a F anymore.---6

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If you use nails or screws to make a wood backing for the sign, is it not a probability that you could drop one or two?
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No sign stealing going on in my neighborhood so far. I have a neighbor with a big Trump sign. No one has messed with it.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Booby traps are illegal in most places. Pull yourselves together. But, the picture of the offenders car ... never know who might find it and ... act.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred...booby traps that will do serious harm are illegal, wrong and unethical......using thorns, staples and nails in tires are hazards that can happen anywhere......

Down the road anywhere from 5-15 miles are the various mansions of the DuPonts. One of these mansions was owned by Alfred DuPont and he had a 10' stone wall built around his entire estate....on top of the wall is broken glass cemented in and this glass is around 2-4" high. It's still there and has been since somewhere around a hundred years ago....he used to pay kids from Wilmington, De. to bring the bottles so his workers could break them and cement them in......

I've passed it a million times....never heard of a lawsuit and the glass is still there.....

What do you mean by "acting on the offenders car?" I hope someone does then they will know what it's like to have their property messed with..... :D ----006

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

All that depends on interpretation. Could depend on how it is perceived the creator perceives it, kind of like knife laws ... a tool or a weapon. Attorneys will search personal media for ANYthing they can use. Interpretation of the judge or jury.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Anything "petty" is not worth calling the police over. All it does is draw attention to yourself no matter what befalls the perpetrators of the infractions.
To the state, handling something yourself is worse than any actual crime. They will come for you much more fervently than the original offender. That's why this type of crime is so rampant.
Graffiti used to be a crime.....now its an "art form". No thought is given to the defaced property.
Small things like this is how a society starts to crumble.
If you intend to "do something", never call the police.
Then deny you ever had a sign to begin with.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK, I hear ya Fred.....interpretation.......well, I'm ruined then.....I talk more &$@# than a jailhouse lawyer.....from guns to drugs to racial stuff, to booby traps, to personal threats......but.......I know my legal limit....

No brag...fact.....at one of my many, many, many front office visits at work usually with union representation, the plant CEO told me in front of others he has never saw anyone as good as me at being able to "ride the fence" without going over......I always knew just how far I could push it...ever notice that? :D .......43+ years and I made it to retirement....

Ha! They pay me the same amount for staying home as I did working.....I won..they lost........as usual.

Last week my insider buddy who is still working told me they had a retirement party for two other guys....at their commencement eulogy :D ....the plant manager was talking and guess who's name came up??? He said I was the most stubborn man he has ever seen, a man who absolutely refused to accept change. :D (well, you see, that CHANGE was for THEIR betterment, not mine) yep, that was the deal....full pay until I die and outta there at 62.....-----I won..they lost....----006
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Maybe so Jay......your probably right.....I see it like this...ALL laws and rules are written in gray. This gives the ones in power who they can charge and how much they can charge em with......

What I did at work for 43 years was to use their rules against them......and they knew I was good at manipulation.....

Case in point......I HAD to do a thorough and complete job everyday and show up for work on time everyday as I had a target on my back......I told them, "you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone...if not, I'll use your rules against you and you know I have the influence with the other guys to do it......when they messed with me or a buddy I would institute every safety rule and regulation THEY had on the books......instead of each man loading 8 trucks a day, it suddenly went to 4.

That's how I was able to retire at 62....I'll do the same to the law. The laws are on the books and one of those laws says you cannot cause property damage. I pay taxes and the cops are there to serve me and other citizens. In return, I have to watch my back which is no illegal guns, pay my real estate taxes on time, vehicle registration up to date, no dui's, no bad record...etc...etc....

This country is based on laws...stay clean and use those laws against them.....win..win...win..... :D ---006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Absolutely buddy. I have lived it every day for 33 years...only WITHOUT union protection. Which, if I may say so, is a much more dicey proposition.
As you said, the real power you have is "safety". They say that's what they want, but they Absolutely don't.
When they screw with you, follow every rule and you won't get a thing done.
We are playing a game with a new puke kid supervisor as we speak. He thinks he is going to take the old heads down a peg. We had him in tears last night. We pretty much made it clear that due to his filthy mouth, we hold his job in our hands.
Third shift is a bunch of tough old anti social types, and we all stick together. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

THATS IT BRO!!! Management knows we are not stupid........I've said this before,,,there are 3 motivators of mankind...fear, joy, and guilt......dictators and management in this country use fear......OUR government uses guilt.....and we guys try to use joy to get what we want from the other half.....

It's all very simple but you do have to watch your back ...no one else will....go to,work everyday and be on time...do your job....I've seen it for over four decades.......people get themselves fired.....guys like me had to be extra careful....

We had radios on our forklifts.....we'd all be racing around with the pedal to the metal doing our job and when I was messed with, I'd get on the radio...."hey guys, "code 3". Code 3 meant to slow down to a crawl.....I used to tell the boss I'll let the idle of my forklift determine the speed of my forklift.......stop at every corner, beep the horn and proceed slowly. Raise the forks as per OSHA...slow with the brake on.....lower down the pallet the same way...stop...beep the horn...proceed slowly....drive 20 yards to the next corner, stop,,beep the horn...proceed slowly. :D

In a crazy way, I used to enjoy that....

Yep...young bosses always need to be "edumacated"....forgot how many bosses we got rid of.....top brass knew if we were not happy it must be the low bosses fault... :D

Night night and don't let the bed bugs bite.-----006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha! I've said it for years. You only need to do three things to work here.
1. Show up. More people are fired for attendance than anything.
2. Don't complain. It puts a target on you.
3. Don't say no. No matter what they tell you to do, say yup ok. Don't matter if you do it, just don't refuse.

I know people who have been here 30 plus years and are completely useless and inept. But they follow those 3 rules. I also know very talented people who have been shafted or fired simply for causing a fuss. It's even worse if they are right.

It's a lot like this whole country is now. I hate it.
Good night bud.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hmm, seems my last post was deleted? or did I not hit the submit button? OS?
Oh well...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:20 am Haha! I've said it for years. You only need to do three things to work here.
1. Show up. More people are fired for attendance than anything.
2. Don't complain. It puts a target on you.
3. Don't say no. No matter what they tell you to do, say yup ok. Don't matter if you do it, just don't refuse.

I know people who have been here 30 plus years and are completely useless and inept. But they follow those 3 rules. I also know very talented people who have been shafted or fired simply for causing a fuss. It's even worse if they are right.

It's a lot like this whole country is now. I hate it.
Good night bud.
Ha! Great bro....yep...never refuse...(unless it's obviously unsafe). And a big yea on the long time employees who are worthless....but ya know what I noticed about the worthless ones? They are A.K. er's.and RATS... .Unlike me and you they have to through something back to keep their job.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:44 am Hmm, seems my last post was deleted? or did I not hit the submit button? OS?
Oh well...
Mine too, mustn't mention putting fish hooks in anything that might get stolen..... :roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Got out and shot the old 73 again thus afternoon. That thing is a absolute ball to shoot.
Like I see so many times with the old guns, it shoots real high. About 5-6 inches at 50yds. Still a couple at 100.
That is my biggest reservation about hunting with it. I have to make a conscious effort to remember that. Otherwise she shoots great.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

TALLER front sight will cure that problem! Heck you are a machinist make one, install it, shoot it, file it, shoot it, file it until its on at 100 or 75 or 50.

From the kitchen sink to the couch, 8 feet?- I forgot what I was going to get from Amazon... what year is it? Talk about a senior moment!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah I know Gunny. I've done it a bunch of times but I'm not going to on this one. I don't want to mess with it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room.a

Post by Sixgun »

Jay.....you probably have the original front sight and want to leave it alone..that's OK, it's your gun.

One of the first things I do when acquiring a "new" gun is to pop off the sights and resight it with easy to see sights, usually a post front and a tang sight. Take the original sights and put them in a little plastic bag, spray some oil,in there and tape it up and mark it.

Well.....did the other shovel handle today. But..this time I used redwood.......yep, redwood isn't exactly strong...you tell me why I used redwood on the shovel on the left.---6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I do that with carbines. I rarely do with rifles. Dovetailed front sights I usually leave. Unless they are completely unusable.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room.a

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:09 pmWell.....did the other shovel handle today. But..this time I used redwood.......yep, redwood isn't exactly strong...you tell me why I used redwood on the shovel on the left.---6

'Cause you're going to leave it outside.

Tore down my old tack room... it was one of those prefab aluminum sheds, and the wood framing had rotted. Enabled me to take down to 25+ year old oaks... They'd grown up between the shed and my reloading shop, glad my son was home to climb up there and attach the rope to keep the tree from fallin' on the shop! And run the chainsaw, allowing me to sit in the A/C on the tractor and keep tension on the rope! Took out a section of my pasture fence and drug it out and cut it up into a burn pile... wait a year till it's fully dried and have a bonfire! Now have 5 piles to burn! I can actually see the front of the barn now!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room b

Post by Sixgun »

Geeze Griff......THATS how you do it....let the boy get dirty while your in the AC.... :D ...were you having a cold one?

Yep..you got one reason right....I do leave some tools outside all the time....the other is these shovels are not digging shovels....I have those with the pointy ends for digging in virgin soil.......these shovels are used for shoveling stone, mulch, quarry dust, etc so a lighter weight without it rotting away........it's still pretty strong..grain up.

"Interpretation" is the latest word......one day many years ago I was interpreting a paragraph that was describing color......I took it as blue as they were talking about the sky...another reader took it as gray...and yet another interpreted as black as it could have been nighttime..now we don't want to offend anyone so let's call it green. :D ---6...o..da...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Might be nice to be in the air conditioned tractor cab, but pulling on the tree to make it go where it needs to go is a good idea. I have known a few people to get injured from trees going where they weren't expected to go.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Got 400 factory second blemish bullets. 400 is not a huge amount, but I got the 100 .40 in 180 grain loaded for my 10mm. They are Hornady hollow points. I also got 200 .308 flat nose 170 grain, and 100 7mm 139 grain spire points.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Uh oh! Seems Mr & Mrs Trump have tested positive! The left is going to have a field day with this.

I agree, if the sight is not correct for its intended use I'd change it. By all means save the originals for future resale of the gun.

Well if ya want a shovel handle that's tough enough to take the weather and is strong find black locust. If ya just want heavy and something that laughs at weather get Ipe.

Not sure how much longer my knees are going to keep at this floor repairs, dull aching the past couple days- and that's with knee pads! Did a bunch more new framing yesterday, gotta start putting flooring down today. Might work tomorrow too!?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

piller wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:41 am Got 400 factory second blemish bullets. 400 is not a huge amount, but I got the 100 .40 in 180 grain loaded for my 10mm. They are Hornady hollow points. I also got 200 .308 flat nose 170 grain, and 100 7mm 139 grain spire points.
Yeah. I got 500 150gr. 30-30 bullets this week. 200 Hornaday and 300 Speer. Never really tried 150s, believe it or not.
I was more surprised they were in stock than anything. Got the Hornaday from Cabelas and the Speer from Midway.