The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by fordwannabe »

GK grease monkey is an perfectly acceptable use of the term here as well. I worked at a Jiffy Lube when I was in college the first time and we were all called grease monkeys.
Gunny, did ya check the rear of the action with a business card? On the Savaged you should be able to slide the business card under the rear of the action where the safety is until it hits the safety. They shoot much better that way. Is it the round back or flat back action?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hey Uncle T-bone wins one. For a prize I will take 115 ounces of Jacks Linotype.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I still think ZERKS is a made up word and will continue to play around with Nipples.... :wink:

Congratulations on 115 I'm surprised you only asked for ounces.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, yeah, I'm ok. I see how worried all my friends have been about me.
Zerks, jerks, monkeys, and page winners.
I never heard em called zerks till adulthood. It was always grease fittings. I thought there was a difference between them, also. I thought a zerk went in through a hollow bolt, and a grease fitting was in a housing.
Don't matter, I know what to do when I see one. Just like a nipple! :D
Took a ride Friday and changed the oil and filter in the old Harley when I got home.
Went down to the coast with the Jeep and went hiking (seems silly) with Kristy and Zoey Saturday. Poor Z had a rough time. She is too fat and out of shape to scale those rocks. :D
Yesterday, the old man and I went up to the lot for some chainsaw work. Making some access trails and getting stand sites ready.
Been a busy weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Zounds, all this talk of zerks, at least a picture of a pretty smile in the mix.

But, the winner of a model 115 "Bullet".

http://www.tuberadioland.com/fada115_main.html
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sun through the smoke of the California wildfires.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you OS. My wife is just awesome. I know it's corny, but it's true.

Those fires are terrible. Hope you all stay safe out there.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The morons with their brilliant idea to use pyrotechnics for the gender reveal should be thrown in prison, fined every last dime they have and have their child taken away from them!! Stupid people with stupid ideas doing stupid stuff!

Tbone, plenty of room under the tang. I took it out of the stock, the pillers seem to be taking the action a bit off center. I polished the tops hoping the action will settle in better. I shot 2 sighters, a group of 5 factory, 5 with Imr4895, 5 with 4350. The 4350 load shows real promise!
I then tried my accuracy load and my ammo doesn't fit this gun !? yup they drop into mine and bolt closes but not in the Savage!! I'm confused ...
Rest my dies and some new fired brass and ill load some more then go back to shoot 3 more loads.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:23 amYou Colonials sure have funny names for stuff, I've never heard of zerks or grease fittings, in the UK they are rightly called Grease Nipples....at 17 years old I worked as a Grease Monkey in a garage, or as you guys might say a Lube Bay guy. 🇬🇧🇺🇸
Nope, called grease monkeys here too!
GunnyMack wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:55 amChokes are Perazzi #4 screw in ( modified) bottom barrel, and the top barrel is fixed at .042" or extra full. I shot 1&1/8 of #9s in the bottom and 1&1/8 of 7narfs in the top. Most guys shoot 8s but with the increased pellet count with 9s I wanted to try it, they worked fine.

When I was at the yard I was constantly replacing zerks on the Case W11B bucket loader. It was neglected. Half the time I'd get the fitting out but the pivot pins were dry, crunchy and wouldn't take grease. So I would use a syringe and needle to inject mineral spirits into the dry grease until it would soften. No idea how many hours spent on those. That machine was used everyday for 30+years but kept on going without maintenance.

Well today to try and figure out what's going on with this Savage 22-250. I have The owners loads, some factory and the accuracy load for my 22-250... But what is my load? Don't know where my notes got to! Owner says he misses groundhogs at 150. That's a chip shot!

Oh and my barrels are 29.5". Ya can't get 30" or 32" from Perazzi anymore- either 29.5 or 31.5 .
Ok Gunny, what does a Perazzi do that a Winchester 101 doesn't? I've never heard of size 7narf shot? Something special back in NJ?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay.....YOU think your amazed! Nuttin brother......I'm bewildered X 14!!!!!!

First, Gunny is shootin with a gun I know little about but I thought shooting at a small target close up that wiggles a lot would require a short barrel and an open choke with lots of small shot.....how about #11?????. . Mmmmm thinking now...#11 and you don't tell NO one......mmmmm

Then T Bone wants my stuff...hell, bring some loot over.

GK is talking S....."grease nipples" hell, back in high school those things were "things we got in the back seat of the '62 Nova all slopped up with saliva".

Jay.....nice pictures dude....mom showed them to me yesterday.....HOW the hell does Jay enter into my living room all the time. You want to trade some '86's for Kristy? (Whew, mom would bash me on the head if she saw this) You have done well in life young man....nothing like being in the woods, having lots of toys and all with an agreeable wife.....the dog looks like a true porker...that's OK, you give your dogs whatever they want....

The man who dies with the most toys is the winner.....we are ALL winners here in the Gun Room......each guy has their specialty....look at Old Savage....golf courses and soft stuff...everyday!------6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Alemites are the ones with the button fitting designed by a man whose last name was Alemite, and they are used a lot in Natural Gas plants with Rockwell Sealant Merco Pills. Zerks were designed by Oscar Zerk. Grease fittings is the name for them that the guy who pumps the lever of his lever pump actuator to make his gun go calls them. You know. That thing you move to make the boom stick go bang.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha hey bud!
Yeah old Zoey ain't thin. She actually isn't as fat as she looks. She is very thick through the chest. She has crazy thick black hair and overheats easy. She weighs about 85lbs.
Winter is her favorite time.
When she was a pup she looked just like a bear cub. It was crazy. She is a wonderful dog, though. Best one we've had.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Alemite? OK, ever since I was a kid I had a nick name for everyone.....for real...just like Donald Trump.....pretty much the same way guys in motorcycle clubs and the Mafia have names for each member according to their likes and intellect.

Piller is now "The Professor"......He probably has the knowledge of encyclopedias in his head..........

Well done Professor! Keep in mind I was the kid in the back of the class......the under achiever....-------006
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:20 amAlemites are the ones with the button fitting designed by a man whose last name was Alemite, and they are used a lot in Natural Gas plants with Rockwell Sealant Merco Pills. Zerks were designed by Oscar Zerk. Grease fittings is the name for them that the guy who pumps the lever of his lever pump actuator to make his gun go calls them. You know. That thing you move to make the boom stick go bang.
Image is your friend!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We used to grease all the Alemite fittings in the yard once a year at Northern Natural Gas Company. Rockwell Sealant is closer to a putty than a grease. It kept that high pressure natural gas from leaking. A normal Zerk wouldn't hold the pressure from that stuff. I once used Rockwell Sealant to cover a puncture in a gas tank. I smeared a big glob of it on the hole, about 3/8ths of an inch wide by about 1/2 inch long, and stuck a torn open Wrigley's gum pack foil side on to it. Made it 50 miles to the nearest town and no leak at all. Ended up going 2 weeks with it there before I could get the hole soldered. Oil field ingenuity.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

piller wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:20 am Alemites are the ones with the button fitting designed by a man whose last name was Alemite, and they are used a lot in Natural Gas plants with Rockwell Sealant Merco Pills. Zerks were designed by Oscar Zerk. Grease fittings is the name for them that the guy who pumps the lever of his lever pump actuator to make his gun go calls them. You know. That thing you move to make the boom stick go bang.
Now it makes sense .
You know......cause I'm the idiot runnin the grease gun. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Rockwell sealant? Man....that stuff sounds better than Flex Seal.

I've always thought there are products out there that can REALLY do the job well....a buddy of mine who was a navy guy of some sort told me the military had glue that would literally weld in minutes but that things like this cannot be released to the public.

I'm thinking JB Weld on steroids.....

Rockwell sealant? I WANT some.....come on Professor, I know you have a hidden stash somewhere. :D -----006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Here it is 1:30, beautiful weather outside and I'm here on this stupid IPad......I got to get a life....I'm headed OUTDOORS.....

Sayonara!!!!!---6. wow! I'm cultured!
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well Griff its not what a Perazzi can do its what you can do with a Perazzi.
Ok , hypothetical here-
You are shooting a big match, you are in the lead and have another 50 targets to finish. The bottom hammer spring breaks on your 101. What do you do ?
Remove the recoil pad, find a stock bolt screwdriver/ socket & extension. Remove the stock and stare sadly at the broken spring.
Now if you were shooting a perazzi and this happened all you need to do is push forward and hold the safety as you grab the trigger guard and pull out the trigger group. There is the broken spring. You go to your truck, get your spare spring and installation tool and you are back in business- almost as fast as this took to read.
With a 101 you are at the mercy of the stock dimensions. Perazzi has 15 or so "stock" stocks, stock bolt driver through the hole in recoil pad, un screw and swap to your hearts content until the gun fits YOU.
Now the 101 is a great gun but Perazzi guns are cream of the crop competition guns. Designed to be rebuilt over and over. I have 3 now, one is 50 years old, another is 45.

Siz these ZZ BIRDS are the same size as a clay bird but with wings. #11s just don't has enough energy at 40 yards.

Just got back from the range, H380,CFE223 &VARGET are very promising!
20200907_131307.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny....OK, what's a decent Perazzi cost? 5 big ones? WTF is the spring breaking for in the first place? Coil or leaf? :D (I get your point)

I've found out 100 yards is nothing and tells little about any rifle, except maybe old Winchesters, open sights, and cast bullets.

Your twist rate is waaaayyyy outdated.....scrap the barrel and stick on a 1-7 or 8......Use 77 MK's and seat them into the rifling.....you should be able to do that at 300 meters.

I keep thinking of rebarreling my old crow shooter Rem. 700 varmint in 22-250 with a 30" heavy bull barrel Douglas......my M-4 will do the long range game but without a rear rest it's hard to hold steady....stay tuned...

Fred....I was just talking to my son and he says ashes are falling on the cars in Denver.......really truly feel for the foot footed animals who have to endure this man made fiasco.......------006
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well yes, 5 g's is about right for a plain jane entry Perazzi. The purists use leaf springs. Coil are available. Hey, springs break. Knock wood ive only had 1 break ! They are 75 bucks EACH!! I keep spares for both top & bottom- they are different.
The early Browning Citori guns used coils, they did break after a while. The 2 ends would screw themselves together and cause unreliable ignition.

This 22-250 is not mine, one of my shooting buddies. He hasn't been happy with the way its been shooting and asked me to give it a look-see. I knew it would like something and just had to find it. With the high velocity cartridges like this I really like CFE223 just to help keep fouling in check.
Naw 77s for groundhogs is too much, the 53s &55s are good for making pink mist!

My 22-250 is a Remington 600 Mowhawk action, a Douglas barrel I fit,chambered & turned. For the life of me I can't find its pet load data but it is/ was an honest 1/4 inch 5 shot gun with 55 SPSX and a 1/2 or less with 55 nosler ballistic tip. I gotta get a scope back on it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

1/4" gun? I couldn't do that anymore......I believe the best I could do with a dead solid rest is around 1/2 to 3/4. Yes, even with a good scope your old eyes wont let in the light anymore......not long ago I could (if the gun was capable) of shooting a 1" group with a good peep sight.....I maaaaayy be able to do 2 and 1/2 at best.

That's why you don't see old guys competing in precision shooting after around 55....

Nasty day....went to fix a rotted board on the back landing......found out even the main supports were rotted out with these black beetles all over...these bugs look like the typical water bug...dunno what they are......ending up cutting a foot or more off of the entire back and scabbing just so we have something to get in and out of the house. Looks like Pelosi....

All of that oak I used...a lot....rotted...2016....even the hand rails were rotted where the screws go into....I ripped the 10" boards to 4" for the hand rails...rotted.....4 years and with a good coat of paint every year.....guess I'll build a new one next week/month with new pressure treated wood.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've never been one to shoot little groups off the bench. I zero or test loads, then shoot mostly off hand.
All my ARs are set up for business. When I shoot them, it's usually on plates. I do reloads, transitions, and stuff like that.
By the looks of things these days, it was time well spent. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You got that right Jay......one of the biggest mistakes people make is the failure to accurately shoot offhand.....competition has taught me the finer points but I still can't hold like some guys do...I know guys at the club who can hold like a rock......shooting is 10% physical and 90% mental......

When the time comes this fall .....right after November 3rd.....there will not be a bench to rest your rifle on. The targets will be darting back and forth, up and down, forward and back. We will need the skill for offhand "snap shooting" as it can be expected to only see your "target" for a split second......and it will be dark outside so a semi auto will be needed because of misses and multiple targets. "Hip shooting" will also be a useful skill as sometimes your adversary might pop up from behind a trash can, a stolen car, public transportation vehicles, or even arise from a stack of old greasy newspapers or a large cardboard box that has windows drawn on it. As the Boy Scouts say, "Be Prepared" , we also need to heed that advice.

Good Luck bro!!!!-----006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Sad.....but it's something to keep in mind. Many people will realize they are over-scoped, rifles are too heavy, etc.
That kind of shooting is what the red dot was made for.
The hardest thing for most shooters nowadays is to know when "good enough is best". Most serious shooters are predisposed to conditions of precision and excellence.
That is not necessarily what works best in some situations.
We never feel ready, but people like us are leaps and bounds ahead of most.
Rock on bro!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

November will see something bad no matter who wins. If Biden's people succeed in stealing the election, we all lose. If Trump wins again, the war between the Parties will start.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. It's sad how this country has been basically destroyed.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...I could not be more prepared........most everything in excess........no brag as my needs are way less than most people so my "excess" might be paltry to some guys........basics...food, guns, health, loot, petrol

Piller is right...if Trump loses it will definitely be stolen but I feel very confidant of a major win. The "squeaky wheels" might add up to 30% and this time the squeaky wheel ain't gonna get no grease....we are going to pound them hard.....without mercy......they deserve it for the multitude of lies during the last four years.

Looks like China is gonna start some S...their covid didn't get us so it looks like a threat from nukes......something is going to happen....been 75 years since any major disruption in the world and the world is primed ..............

Remember....what those no good groups have been doing to us for 4 years deserve ZERO mercy. As of right now, I'd spit in the face of any of them if they were sinking in quick sand.....I wouldn't even give them a fanny burp to light if they were freezing....

Headed uptown tomorrow to get rid of some cash...will report in the PM
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Don't get me wrong, I love Trump as much as anyone, but everyone acts like if he wins our problems are solved.
Look at the onslaught from the first victory. Imagine another?
And that aside....you're looking at four more years. Then what?
They will make sure nothing like this will happen again. It will back to "business as usual", with our one party system. And the fact is, most people will welcome it, just to avoid the upheaval. They will be happy to have things "back to normal", with a more controlled slide into tyranny.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

TRUMP 2024, then TRUMP 2028- see guys we gotta get each and every TRUMP elected.

Jay you are right, the past 4 years have been nothing compared to what can happen in the future. It won't stop if Trump wins again. If the dimwit wins it will be us doing the shooting to survive!

Hee hee look at that weather map- snowing in Wyo and CO! Gotta love global warming!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

THATS WHAT THEY WANT!!!!! The left wants upheaval.......I LOVE IT.......I've always taken great pleasure in smashing my opponents down and grinding my Redwing boots into their face.......it's probably why I only have a few friends, but they are good ones....who else stops by and says, "here, I have a hundred lobsters, take what you want". Not "need" ...want... :D or...."just got in a junky 90% 1886,ya want it for $500?"

Now, on to smashing your opponents......you only have to smash em one time...good and hard...split their skulls....they will leave you alone after that......have you all ever seen what regular people do when a bunch of hard core bikers with their colors on that walk in a bar do? They don't give them any trouble....even if the cops come, the cops are nice to them.....

Screw these leftists...they are trying to DESTROY our way of life and commerce......you want to give half your money to bums? You want kids from the hood coming into YOUR schools that you work hard to keep nice? You want to lock your doors even if you step outside?

I will never bow down to their demands. I've worked since I was about 10 years old to keep away from these animals and I ain't giving up nuttin.....like the NRA says, "stand and fight"....if your old like me you don't need to use your fists like Jay can, you can quietly pick up your short barreled AR with the double magazines taped together with a fun switch and go have FUN!----006

Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Gunnymack, thanks for the explanation. I was sure it was something... Me, I'd be happy with a Ruger Red Label. But, then I'm happy with my Remington 870. The fact that it only cost me $11 has something to do with it... I giggle every time I beat some poor shmoe with a multi-$k shotgun. Just like when I beat the department "sniper" with his Remington 700, Nikon scope .308 for score at 200 yards with my Winchester 94 .30-30! In fact, nearly 24 years later, I'm still razzin' him about that! The fact that I'd qualified as a sniper with my rifle upset him no end... when I turned in a better final score than him... good thing he wasn't senior to me! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know Griff...your right.......after being involved in competition the better part of my adult life, the average gun will work..you just have to find a good one and feed it well. I've pretty much proved this using my AR against the big boys with their high dollar rigs.....my scores would be right up there with them if I could hold better or use a rear rest......theirs are like 12-16 lbs against my M-4. and with their heavy guns and 2-8oz triggers, a rear rest is not needed..

My best trap scores were with a Lafever 12 ga double from the 1920's.

Most people think money equates to better accuracy. We all have stories about old Winchesters that outshoot anything made today in the same category.....

Well, never made it to Cabelas.....IM GETTIN' ME's ONE OF DOES NEW LEATHERMANS....yea baby....I've been carrying one daily since around '92...I've broke a few.....carrying a WAVE since around 2002...think I have/had 4 of them....BUT THE NEW ONE OUT.....!!!!

THE MUT. :D YEA BABY....ITS GEARED TOWARDS THE GUN GUY....has the blade and saw which I use near daily AND...AND.....screwdrivers, torx's, allen head and I thinks it titanium...$it ain't cheap...buck sixty...--006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Woo! A Mutt. You are the only dude I know who ponied up the cash for one of those. I like them, but man!
I carried the old original for years and years. Still have it.
The one I carry and like now is the Rebar. It is the same size as the original, has a better lock, and my favorite is the hard wire cutters with replaceable cutter teeth.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Griff I have a Red Label 28 ga, I love it to no end! What ever I point it at dies or breaks! I too have an 870, another I won't part with. 3 barrels, 30" full choke ( I've done some honing to the choke, ported the barrel & boy does it throw buckshot! 28" I installed choke tubes in and an 18" rifle sight smoove bore. Being a shotgun guy, ive shot lots & i mean lots of everything out there, from my Red Headed Stepchild ( the 12 ga o/u i built )to over $100,000 stuff. When it comes to competition shooters you will see Perazzi and Beretta 98% of the time on the podium. I can pick up a gun and by feel I know if I can shoot it or not. Man I wish I had a nickel for every shotshell I've sent down range over the years... competition for the past 35 years alone I could buy all of Six's '86 collection! :lol:

Hey Six ya can get me one of those Muts too!! Just ship up here. :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well....checked the stores inventory for the MUT and they's gots dem so it looks like me, mom and Miss Apple are headed to Cabelas tomorrow.....was going to go to Hamburg but I hate driving so it looks like the one in Delaware....only about 15 miles away or 10 miles more than I usually drive.

The stores inventory only says how many they have and not the finish......I saw this baby and was thinking about a special finish ..I am a bit worried that the finish will scratch all up as it stays with me while I'm awake, which is about 6-9 hours a day. Then I was looking at the Surge Tool.....Those babies weigh about as much as an anvil but I like em....

Then there's these accessory kits with extra wire cutters and all that other stuff.
Mut

Here's the Surge.....I'm guessing this baby will Surge right on through a crowd of protestors

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

There's a Wave, micro, Surge, MUT, skeleton something, rebar, ahhh others...I wonder if they have a Soul Pole Leatherman.....ideal for cutting through handcuffs, chicken gizzards, lock pick, jump starting a stolen car, token maker for mass transit, watermelon skinner and a case it comes in complete with a secret sleeve for your EBT card.........

Something tells me I'm going to get in trouble tomorrow...this place is in Delaware, just outside of Wilmington.----006
Model A Uzi’s
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Maybe a foreshadowing of my career, or my tendency to be a zerk- but I got in trouble in high school for bringing a nipple wrench to school...

....and I didn’t even use it on anyone... :D

Mostly I got in trouble for just being obnoxious though; I think the wrench was just a piece of evidence used against me...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey doc...what was the "nipple wrench", your lips? :D ---006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:01 pm Maybe a foreshadowing of my career, or my tendency to be a zerk- but I got in trouble in high school for bringing a nipple wrench to school...

....and I didn’t even use it on anyone... :D

Mostly I got in trouble for just being obnoxious though; I think the wrench was just a piece of evidence used against me...

How young are you Doc? We used to wear Buck 110's to school when I went. I had a buddy with a 12ga H&R in his locker. :shock:
You're either real young, or yes, you were just persecuted for exercising your right to have a little fun! :D
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Doc, I got in trouble in nursing school. Please remember they were used to intimidating young ish young ladies. Well I ain’t that! I was a 450 pound redneck former flatbed truck Driver, who liked guns and hunting . One day I wore a T-shirt that says “I BEAT ANOREXIA” First instructor had a look of frustration and sent me to the DEAN’s office. Blah blah blah “you are making fun of people with a serious disease.” Uh, no ma'am I am making fun of me...and I am perfectly ok with it!
There goes the same look of frustration but on somebody new. I made some balderdash argument about laughter being good for “the whole person” and “to lighten
People’s day with humor” apparently that was only CRNP they were forced to teach us because none of the instructors bought any of it.Most knew old Florence personally.
Well comes down to
1) go home
2) change your shirt
3) come back!
I told them if they were sending me home I was staying home. Well like the song says, two out of three ain’t baaaaad.
Next day back to the Dean’s office. “ Well,’you didn’t come back!” No Ma’am! “But I told you to come Back!”
AND I TOLD YOU IF YOU SENT ME HOME I WAS STAYING HOME! There was that look again! I was fortunate enough to see it a few more times.
At one point she said she was going to “put it on my permanent record!” Ewww! Ma’am just so you understand, my permanent record says I can drive up to 80 foot vehicles anywhere in this country, I can and have hauled military grade weapons for the United States Government, and I have been cleared by the ATF to own silencers and machine guns....you wants put on there that
You didn’t like my T-shirt? Good luck with that!
There it was Again, Same look. I bet they were sooo glad when I graduated!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

All the previous posts about yard signs got me to thinking. I looked around today. If the yard signs are any indication, Biden will come in third place with Garage Sale taking second.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Piller I saw the same thing but he is third to 'corn for sale'

Gerber made a multi tool that I liked better as you could get changeable plier ends, long, medium needle nose. But when I tried to find one they were pricey and out of stock. So I just carry everything I might need in my 9,000 lbs diesel powered toolbox.

Tsk,tsk, Tomas I'm disappointed in you for getting sent to the principal's office! :lol:
I didn't get in much trouble in school , however I did instigate a bit of trouble!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I got the cane across my hand and the seat of my trousers quite a few times, in fact I was caned within 5 minutes on my first day of going to senior school. In those days you wore the marks like a badge of courage :? if you never got caned you were considered not to be one of the incrowd and If anyone took their hand away before the cane hit it the whole class would arrupt with laughter and booing.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh GK, there is no way you could have been naughty.....is there? :D

Yeah. The story of the other kids laughing if you pulled away is a great example.
What they now call bullying, back in the day was just normal.
This is the behavior that raised a generation of people who won a world war, knew how to co-exist and work together, went to the moon, and many other incredible feats.
Today's kind and tolerant folks just riot and burn cities.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My son Tom......I'm proud of you! That was good.......that's setting that liberal right! Come on over, you get a free 1873.

Where's my other two sons???....or for that matter, where's my daddies, Griff 'n Fred.....---the duo!!!!!....or my uncle Gamekeeper?

Well, dropping off ole Chuckie Schumer......trying to get the nerve up to drive the big 15 miles to Cabelas.....to get my neeeeewww. MUT..........(funny thing, mom says,,"bring extra loot")......don't know what that means .----6
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Calling me Uncle Gamekeeper made me laugh, I have a niece who is only four years younger than me and in my twenties I used to go clubbing a lot and my niece sometimes turned up with a bunch of good looking friends and they all called me Uncle John which caught on and even the bouncers/doormen started calling me Uncle.. :oops: took me a long time to shake off that name.. :lol:
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Thanks DAD! I knew someone would be proud of me! Mom sure wasn’t! However she has known me a looong time and wasn’t surprised. :roll:
The best part was my grades were good enough and my bedside manner with little old ladies was “Outstanding “( their phrase not mine) the instructors couldn’t do anything about me.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ain't that just the best, Tom? :D
Being a thorn in the side of the "system", but they really can't do anything about it.
Pretty much sums up my life from junior high till now.

We were awful in Tech School. Awful.
Nothing worse than dorms full of rednecks with tool boxes. And I'm proud of the fact that out of all of em, the machine tool guys were the worst.
Even the other students hated us. For two years all we heard was, "You idiots think it's all a big joke now, but you'll see when it's time to get jobs who thinks it's funny".
We were the only class to get 100%placement. And with the highest paying jobs by far in the whole school.
Oh the stories.......... :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My son Tom......I'm proud of you! That was good.......that's setting that liberal right! Come on over, you get a free 1873.

Where's my other two sons???....or for that matter, where's my daddies, Griff 'n Fred.....---the duo!!!!!....or my uncle Gamekeeper?

Well, dropping off ole Chuckie Schumer......trying to get the nerve up to drive the big 15 miles to Cabelas.....to get my neeeeewww. MUT..........(funny thing, mom says,,"bring extra loot")......don't know what that means .----6
Model A Uzi’s