The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Sixgun »

Hey T Bone!

I've spent more than a few days in Bedford....good ole boy area....used to hunt by "The Knob" ...think that's what it was called...pushing 40 years ago.

Broncos were and are J.U.N.K.....I had a new '79...the 60's ones were really junk...in fact, everything from the sixties was junk. Lucky to get 3 years before the bodies rusted out.....

I hear ya Gunny....the job does look professional...well, you are a pro......I'm just a peon....as long as the work holds up I don't care what it looks like......heck, a roll of tarpaper would have done OK by me. A guy I used to work with kept a roll of tarpaper in his pants

Now that T Bone, Gunny, Jay,, anyone is here I need to know WTF this is...I thought it was a tubing cutter and went to use it and the thing wouldn't cut....I have about five tubing cutters and this one was in the pile......has a funny looking roller thingy where the cutting blade usually is on a tubing cutter...-----006
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I win 112!
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Looks like a tubing cutter to me bud.

Oh yeah......Broncos. The early Broncos weren't a bad rig really. They made a more refined daily driver than the others. They went ok, but I don't think they would run with a Jeep, Rover or Cruiser off road. Especially in the east where its tight.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The Bronco was not as narrow as the Jeep. Plus, the motor kept running without regular infusions of cash. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

FORD...."Fix Or Repair Daily".

It's NOT a tubing cutter.......look at the second picture at the "wheel" , the part that cuts.....but this don't cut as it's a wheel with a flat two step.

I bet it would give one hell of a crimp on any diameter cartridge.

GUNNNNNNYYYYYYYY.......wake up!!! -------8
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

First On Race Day
Can Hear Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips
D. Brian Casady
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jack it is to put a step in a piece of tubing. Used to reduce diameter,for what???? Dunno. And all you anti Ford NUTS out there pppttthhhffff! My Mommy always told me when people make fun of you it’s just because their jealous. So there.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Back in the early 80’s, the guy that sold me my Cleveland motor and helped me put it in a 66 mustang, had a early Bronco wheeler. Put a 351 Cleveland With a 125 shot( might have been 150 shot,don’t remember) four inch suspension lift(coils in front and blocks in back) with 33’s on it. A very capable trail rig, which Is what we did mostly BUUUT ya gotta remember that was almost 40!years ago and people didn’t do trails then like they do now. Also wheel speed was a major contributor to how trail ready you were. We had full size trucks, blazers, Broncos, a couple Scouts and a Yoda or two in our club. Almost all of us had to use that same rig to haul our butts to work the next day also.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

As an owner of a number of brands .. they all can have problems. $800 recently for an electronic throttle body that is somehow not part of the drive train. Seems we have been treated to a litany across many pages of Jeep problems. All the brands have problems.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! Hold on there!
I'm not anti Ford. People think I'm brand loyal but I'm not.
I judge vehicles on individual merit, just like guns, dogs, people......whatever.
I got no issue with the early Broncos. Ford was smarr in one aspect. Instead of trying to compete directly with Jeep and the other compact, off road oriented vehicles, they filled the gap in what those vehicles didn't do. The Bronco could be had with the 289 and 302 and was much better on the road as a daily. While it didn't offer quite as much off road capability, it wasn't too bad, and was better than a full size pickup. They sold well. Their survival rate is relatively low, however.
They actually are doing the same thing with the new one. While it is touted as being as off road oriented as the Jeep, IFS insures that simply isn't so.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have found the coolest old timey gunsmith/machinist ever. This is the guy that lined a Marlin 1897 for me, and did the rebore on my 1886 to 50-100-450. I asked a bunch of shops in my area about threading the muzzle end of my 308 Savage bolt gun and ...big money, no time, backed up, blah blah blah. I called him yesterday and. Asked how far are ya backed up for work? Oh not too bad what’s up. I told him what I wanted AND that I was going to be about twenty minutes away from him today. He said Oh! Well that shouldn’t take to long. Can you get it to me in the morning?
Sure I will drop it off and next time I am down that way I’ll pick it up.( he is more than an hour and a half from my house but close to a couple of the nursing homes we survey).
No, he said if you get it to me in the morning I’ll make sure to get it done first thing so you can pick it up, when you’re finished at the home. 😳
I dropped it off this morning at 9:00 am picked it up at 2:45 pm. Beautiful job. Oh yeah! TWENTY BUCKS. I handed him two twenties . He refused! And said only took a half hour or so, so $20 is all. AMAZING. Heck the thread protector cost $13 on fleabay. Bobby Hoyt near Gettysburg Pa.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice! Sounds like my old buddy here in town. Guys like that are a dying breed.
Most people now think if they swap uppers on an AR they are a gunsmith.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mmmmmm "twenties" huh Tom? Seems to me you have a twenty dollar make machine over there.....one time after a deal you gave me a stack of twenties big enough to choke a whale on. :D

As you know, I drove three vehicles in my adult life...'79 Ford pick up, '89 ole Yeller and the '05 Rubi.....the Rubi in 15 years cost me $15 that was not maintenance required...a fan switch for the heater......Ole Yeller logged 175K and still runs great.......lotf little stuff but nothing outstanding.....that damm Ford pickup needed to be worked on weekends so I had it for the week"

FORD......Found On Rady Dumps

Ahhh wasn't too bad other than bolt on stuff. Feds right, they all have their issues....my wife drove a Ford Contour for 100,000 miles and I may have changed the oil twice...just didn't give a R's A about it....ran great..nothing but a trans at 90K

77 Momte Carlo was OK as was an 84 La Baron......then there was the '62 nova that I learned to be a plumber in the back seat.

Nowadays it's all been reduced to being a "soul pole man" .....sometimes large, sometimes mini.-----006
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The last thing Ford made that I liked was the pickups from 79. After that I really did not care for the engineering. When people with the F250&350s would come to the yard for a yard of gravel those SUPER DUTY suspensions would bottom out! Why? Cuz they are NOT heavy duty suspensions, my 01 Ram 2500 would squat a measured 3/4" with a ton of wood pellets over the axle.

Yeah Six that looks like a tubing reducer... Why I don't know, what I do know is Depot/Lowes sell new cutting wheels. Just push out the pin and change it.

The way I look at it, Jeeps, Rovers, Cruisers were all made as an off road first, groceries second vehicles. That being said my old mail man always drove his own vehicle- a Scout. In the 40 years Jim drove he had 3 Scouts he drove into the ground. Blizzard- Jim got through, trees across the road, no problem, he also delivered 3/4 of the area and you could set your watch by Jims delivery! Not like now...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Had an 87 Cadillac that I liked except for $11,000 in maintenance and repairs. Two rear head gaskets were the main part I recall. 51 Ford, nothing really, 56 Plymouth same. 70 SAAB 96 was good, Rita ended up driving off with it. 74 Challenger, good. Liked the 78 Cadillac and the Honda Hatchback and the Prelude 2.0 SI. The 2003 Tacoma was fine until an Explorer did this. 67,790 on the Patriot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jack twenties is all I can save from an paycheck one or two maybe. Alas.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

OldWin wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:20 pm Nice! Sounds like my old buddy here in town. Guys like that are a dying breed.
Wow! I just learned that I am a gunsmith! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, putting an AR together from parts just qualifies you as a shadetree mechanic at best. Putting in a new ejector in a Marlin is simple. Funny, but I have found a few who can not even do that for themselves. I am as close to being a gunsmith as Colonel Sanders was to being a 5 Michelin Star French Chef.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have had a couple of good vehicles, and a couple that were words that are not allowed to be posted on this forum. I would rather drive something which works than push something that doesn't, even if the broken down one is a brand I like. I really prefer having something that can be worked on. In 2010, Toyota switched over to timing belts from the metal timing chains in 2009. They have had less reliable cars ever since. My 2009 has over 200,000 miles and is still running great. Would I buy a brand new Camry? Maybe. Not sure.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

piller wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:58 am
OldWin wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:20 pm Nice! Sounds like my old buddy here in town. Guys like that are a dying breed.
Wow! I just learned that I am a gunsmith! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, putting an AR together from parts just qualifies you as a shadetree mechanic at best. Putting in a new ejector in a Marlin is simple. Funny, but I have found a few who can not even do that for themselves. I am as close to being a gunsmith as Colonel Sanders was to being a 5 Michelin Star French Chef.
Haha yeah me too. Gunsmiths have machine tools. My old buddy showed me a lot and gave me free reign of his shop. It is what got me interested in being a machinist as a kid.
While I'm no gunsmith, I've gotten a lot of free work over the years! :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:31 am Had an 87 Cadillac that I liked except for $11,000 in maintenance and repairs. Two rear head gaskets were the main part I recall. 51 Ford, nothing really, 56 Plymouth same. 70 SAAB 96 was good, Rita ended up driving off with it. 74 Challenger, good. Liked the 78 Cadillac and the Honda Hatchback and the Prelude 2.0 SI. The 2003 Tacoma was fine until an Explorer did this. 67,790 on the Patriot.

I was wondering where you'd been OS. Wow! That was a serious crash!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That Tacoma is toast !! Looks like they had to cut you out of it !?
Leonard Bull, one of my instructors was apprenticed to Westley Richards at 12 or 13. His job the first year was picking up the grit for the buffing / grinding wheels! Then he was taught to use hand tools. He had to take a piece of 3" round stock and make it a cube- a square cube mind you with nothing but files! Then he had to drill a centered hole, fiie that square and fit a square into the hole that when held upright the piece didn't fall through. That gentleman is a feat of feats! Its no wonder he was the only guy making Farquhenson rifles by hand!! The man could file flat and square without looking at it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok...tubing reducer...that will come in handy for other projects...like I said, an Lee F.C.D. style crimper for cartridges I don't have...

Damm.....ANOTHER sign stealer today.......looking out mom says...."a car is slowing down" .....little blue 2 cent no cylinder Subaru with a spare tire holder on the back......kid on passenger side gets out with cars behind him and I fly out the door......kid grabs my neighbors sign and as I was still 75 yards away I had no recourse but to hollar racial slurs.....kid gets back in da car and hangs half his body out giving me a two handed middle finger salute screaming "F. Trump".

That's OK......the big laugh will come November 4th.

I've never done nothing to any individual of any race that was not warranted by defense.......don't understand these lefties. I still and always will judge people on their individual merits but as a race, there's a big problem out there. Like I said earlier, two black guys have been in my gunroom and that's rare for anyone to be there.------006
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny, I probably used the same polishing wheel, it was on the top floor under the roof. There was a tin plate nailed to the floor by the polisher covering a hole made by a pump action 12 gauge when someone on the floor below had a accidental discharge, apparently someone was using the polisher at the time :o I found a Martini Henry Carbine buried under years of carborundum dust and hardly visible under that polisher, no one knew it was there.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Did they let you keep that Martini? Finders keepers right !!
Yep probably was the same wheel ! If memory serves he was there in the early 50s. After he "graduated " they sent him to run a WR shop in South Africa. He then became a game ranger and finally here to the states to teach . That man knew more about guns than we will ever know.
Back in the 80s he and a student decided to make Sten guns. They decided to have a contest, Bull with hand tools, student used machines. Bull won handily.
Local guy found BLM painted on a street sign, he went home and got Goof-Off and a scrubbing pad then went back and removed the graffiti.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

They wouldn't let me keep the Martini...... :cry:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

These idiots need to go......ever since the college opened up this week I'm seeing an influx of "those". Cheyney University is a black college and is nationally renowned. Problem is the students.....the college is beautiful with a manicured campus.....about a half mile before you get to the college the streets are litterized with trash and alcohol containers as the "students" clean out their cars before entering their gated parking
]

The front of my driveway

After working on it today....these thorns are sharper than a doctor's]
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Who is Dasha? Is that a sign you put up or is that a replacement sign they put up after wrecking your TRUMP sign?
It's really irritating people have to trespass, vandalize ...

Well I guess I'm not going to mow this morning! Raining like a son of a gun here! Got lucky, took the girls out between thunderstorms.

Well time to flip the channel and watch the babbling bumbling weather channel to see what my sister the hurricane is doing.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Dunno about this Dasha dude Gunny.......The quartz rock is our property line and my neighbor, who is involved with politics gets me my signs and I told him I don't want no "Dasha" sign on my yard as it sounds Pakistani/Indian to me and that's another group of people who need to go on a long road trip.

Well...no rain here...zilch......just plenty of heat.....those stinkin' geese are S all over the place out back....feathers and S. . everywhere.....bring one of your 10 gauges over here...the same 18 geese.

Think I'll load .308's with ball bullets today......300 or so then go blast em out of the M1A----JB
Last edited by Jay Bird on Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey Gunny....ya know that "tubing reducer"? I was playing with it last night on cars bullets in the .308....you talk about a perfect collet die! Ya put the base of the bullet case in a vise, insert the tubing reducer right on the neck line, give it one turn on the knob and spin it around....take some pics later...------JB
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep, geese SUCK to have on your property but boy are they FUN to shoot!! I heard once about geese eating lawn fertilizer (as grit for their gizzard) and it killed them.

Well that sounds like you have a new crimp die that works on all calibers!!

Did some running this morning, decided to work on a stock some whacko talked me into. Anyhow got the recoil pad installed, started final shaping. Hopefully tomorrow I can get it sanded to 400 grit.
20200827_152107.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

HEY! I resemble that remark. Gunny! Man is that a fantastic piece of wood.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I knew you were gonna say that !! Yes it has very nice color, figure, the small tight knots add to the character. After I get it sanded a few grits ill take a couple more pics when its wet with alcohol.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Can I have that stock? What action is it for?

I'll give ya credit Gunny.....that type of work take a special style of patience which most people will never have.....that's why I'm asking you if I can have it...wait....no, you can have it back......it's for a right handed shooter......that means if I'm giving it back I would appreciate a $100 handling fee.

What's with the wrist of the stock?....maybe it's the picture.....looks like a big bulb....

I'm beat...shoveled 2 ton of 1/2" driveway stone.....more of this S in Minn.....military needs to go in there and open up with flame throwers.---JB
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Woo! Been in the 40's the last couple evenings. I can feel it coming.
Got up this afternoon and noticed the back garage open and Old Red was gone. The old man must be feelin it too. He ran up to the lot and sawed some downed trees by my stand. Then took the four wheeler down into his stand and opened up his trail.
I changed the oil in the Rubicon and gave her the once over.
Tomorrow is gonna be a loss. Waiting for a freezer to come. Got a beef coming next week from my bud I travel with to work. He runs beef cattle so I get a deal and he runs primo stuff. I like knowing where my meat comes from. Cow from him, venison from my property.
Fall is coming boys!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

40's? ...wish we had that....90 here today and 80 as I write this......just watched MY PRESIDENT's RNC speech...great is putting it mildly.

Pop took off on Ole Red? Sawing wood?.....by YOUR stand? Oh man, cut pops some slack...throw him a Ben.

On the beef thing.....I can get beef for cost on the hoof as my inlaws are butchers....found out I was eating and wasting more and the cost of the freezer electric was killing me......I think if you eat a lot of beef and have a mess of heating kids, it's worth it.....

I got plenty of meat.....well, it used to be.....ain't nothing more than a small patty anymore. I make up for it with the soul pole saw......nighty night ole pal and don't let your pork roll.----6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah we go through a fair amount. We split it with my folks and the kids take some. It's mostly a quality thing. A lot of stuff isn't as good up here. If it isn't from here, it has to be trucked farther and isn't as fresh.

Give the old man a hundred? No way!
I have him shovel my driveway all winter too. I have to work, and he is only 79. :D

Goodnight old buddy. Don't let the hog out.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well Six I don't knowwhatthestock is (semi) inletted for. Tbone told m but I forget. I'm doing the prep work for Tom. It's a long story so he can tell it. The end of the grip is kinda bulbous, the stock is not classical by any means. The butt has lots of figure, forend not so much.

Used to be a local guy that had a reefer box truck, has everything needed to butcher. He would pick up your side of beef from the slaughter house and come to the house and cut exactly how you wanted. When I was a kid I loved watching him butcher.

Yeah yesterday was miserable! At one point it was 86f and 98% humidity!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sanded to 100 grit, wiskered with hot water/oxalic acid. Sanded to 150, 2nd wisker with water/ oxalic acid. This morning. Im not happy with the right side comb flute so a little more file work yet. Hope to get to 320 grit today.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, from a seminar 10 years ago with a couple students.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Getting ready for 320 grit! Tom next Saturday ( the 6th) ill be out at M&E to shoot if ya want to pick it up...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang...look at that Old Savage guy.....fresh one everyday! I notice he's getting stabbed on both sides of his chest.......does it hurt?...Fred knows I have a thing for black haired women........WILD! never a boring moment with a high spirited gal...

That red blob a few posts up...what is it? Is that the car you got in your wreck in? You and I have something else in common....except your guardian angel must hold a higher rank.

Gunny....keep on sanding! Sanding has got to be one of the lowest appreciated jobs...it takes hours and hours of detailed thinking, knowledge, and many packets of sandpaper and people just look at it .....after 10 coats of hand rubbed varnish/oil.......and say, "you missed a spot." Another reason why I quit doing favors....

Thermo says 91 degrees and 80% H.......I hear a miracle is coming next week.....

Got to go and make a gravel leveler and finish up da driveway....

These punks who assaulted our leaders in DC need to have their skulls split open.....-----006
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I didn't keep track of the hours I spent on this stock. However I filed a good deal yesterday, sanded today. Went from 100 grit, 150,180,220,280 and 320 grits. If i missed a spot ill be darned if I can find it!
Worst part is this stock is not inletted for the barreled action. I sure hope the guy that is going to finish the stock understands it need a bunch more work and what I've done could be for nothing... but whatever- I did it as a favor for Brother TBone!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

006 - a little Friday Fun. ;-)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man, what a day. Got nothing for sleep yesterday. Got home from work this morning and ripped about an hour nap. The guy showed up with the freezer......actually early! We got that puppy down in the old man's cellar.
Then I was free by noon!
Cranked up the bike and headed up through Stratton, Eustis, and Cathedral Pines. Ran the turns up through Chain of Ponds to the border. It was awesome! With the border closed there was NOTHING! NO CARS. I saw a guy on a BMW GS at the rest stop and shot the breeze for a while. As I was walking back to the bike, two punks on crotch rockets went ripping by.
They got schooled by this fat old man! In about 3 miles I was on em' with that outdated, poor handling, old air cooled twin! :D
Haha they couldn't shake me in those turns. Maybe I still got it??????
Or more likely, they just couldn't ride.

Nope......I still got it. :D
Last edited by OldWin on Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Likely that they couldn't ride. Most of the Organ Donors I see are going fast and pulling stunts, but mostly straight line. Too many curves and they are in unfamiliar territory. I really watch it when Organ Donors are out. Riders don't bother me. They usually are watching traffic and not trying to get themselves killed.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Riders here are largely speeding, weaving in and out and appearing where people do not expect them.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Seen plenty of em getting their guts scraped off the tar.
I think a lot of it is these "shake and bake" rider courses you see now. They go from never having ridden a bike to having a license in a weekend. Crazy! Lots of inexperienced people out there.
In our day, you grew up riding dirt bikes. We were tree bangin for years before being on the road. The only thing we had to do was concentrate on the road and other people. We had the riding part of it down.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay....mom showed me these pics on Facebook today.....she said you look real tough with that beard. Did you ever see a bearded clam? Nice country dude...about as far away from this madness as you can get. You got your bike pretty clean and shiny ....can I have it? Well, don't want it..I know nothing about those machines.....biggest bike I ever drove was a Honda Z-50 and I wrecked that .

Speaking of bikes I was working on the driveway today with the mighty Kubota and here comes this bike down the road...he slows down, jumps off and runs to my neighbors Trump sign.....I couldn't believe it...THIRD time this week......well, I was close enough to catch this guy so I jumped off the Kubota and started running just as this guy had his hands on the trump sign.....he looks up at me and starts laughing......I was madder than a hornet and upped my running pace. This guy is just looking at me and laughing...then I realized it was Mike, the guy who owns Makowski Best Mulch & Stone.......the same guy I was talking to yesterday at his businesss when I bought a load of stone and telling him about the Trump sign stealers! Man! He had me good. We bs'ed and laughed.....I got back on the Kubota and farted.....when I farted he whipped his head around and said, "what the hell was that.....I never heard a diesel backfire before!" :D 006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha now I can just picture that! I have a brand new seat on the old John Deere. Has zero fanny burbs on it. :D
I wonder if that is what makes them split?
The old one looks pretty bad. :D

As if the day wasn't long enough, I mowed after I ate.
Well, I tell ya bud. I've had it. Bed time for this dude.
Night boys!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah those knowitall types on bikes seem to get hurt more often. Couple years ago I was at my buddies farm , we heard this group of bikes coming so we just stood there watching. Sure enough about 10 bikes made the 90 degree right turn , most having to darn near stop to make the turn. As we are standing there ya can hear a couple more on the way at high speed. Yup the lead guy didn't make the turn. Front wheel hit the embankment, the guy went over the bars and about 10 yards into the woods, missing a big rock by inches! Behind that guy were about another 20 bikes. Was almost a pileup! Guy went to the horsepistol with a dislocated shoulder. Cops wrote some tickets too! This group was from Staten Island, had no idea what back roads were all about, let alone how to drive em.

Well I got to figure out what to do this weekend, rain today, no shooting anywhere...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!