The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by OldWin »

I was real apprehensive about loading 300BO. Read about a lot of people having problems.
I must have got real lucky as I'm not what I would call a professional by any means.
I use a standard RCBS .556 shell holder, a new set of small base AR series RCBS dies, and a Lee Factory Crimp die. Even make my own brass, which is another whole subject where people have issues.
Not one problem for me. Had super accuracy and 100% reliability. Been lucky.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! The old hick wins a page!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well now, a 110 !!!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Oh wow! JAYSTER WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....why you old hick you.......you said that, not me!!!!!.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. ....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....come on guys....Mr. Jay is a good dude and deserves to win something.........thinking!!!

Ok....take your pick......Gunny will have it off in the mail tomorrow........your pal---6

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/2jHhWgd2/IMG-7859.jpg[/im

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/65yRfzYw/IMG-7861.jpg[/i

[url=https://postimg.cc/QHgVVBsN][img]https://i.postimg.cc/hP6myx5m/IMG-7860.jpg[/
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Or all, it was 110 here today, same tomorrow.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ok.....
I KNOW I don't want OS's 110 degrees.

I have a couple Buck 110s

I don't need that rifle, as it isn't an old Winchester.

I do have a bunch of work to do at the lot. The Tractor it is! Make sure there is a bucket. Maybe a log winch. A disk harrow would be nice for food plots. I'd really like a backhoe too, if it has that capability.
Send it up by the first of September. That'd be great.
Thanks guys!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

How about this :
s-l1000.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:07 am How about this : s-l1000.jpg
Nice!
Brings me back to the 80's. We used to read about Camel Trophy every year in 4 Wheel and Off Road magazine.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I don't have enough stamps to mail a tractor!?

Personally I'd take the Savage bolt gun, the tractor is old , the Rover is older but useful and I too have a Buck 110.

Jack your son has the right idea. When distances are determined by hours instead of miles it makes sense for him to stay instead of driving back and forth. When I lived in Trinidad if we wanted to go see a movie it was an hour & 20 minute ride one way, heck Denver was 4 hours away. I'd rather drive there, stay as long as needed and drive home instead of having to leave the house early and get home late to do that over and over.

Ah well where's my coffee!?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

See? Told you I was a stupid hick.
I've driven an hour one way to work for almost 33 years now. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

so are you changing your handle to OldHick ? :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:06 am so are you changing your handle to OldHick ? :D

Hahaha! Hey! That does have a certain ring to it. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well....that's two against one.....I've always looked at money as being the determining factor in a decision....plenty of "time" but only so much money......wow....that really opened my eyes.........maybe I'd do it in a cheaper way.....keep the Jeep and just tent it with a wash bowl, a towel, Coleman lantern, maybe some deodorant, ........whoa! wait a minute......because he is bringing in the loot wouldn't it make sense to buy a ten cent no frills Honda car, live with no luxuries, and bank the loot.....you know, keep the overhead LOW and retire early.....that's pretty much what I did.

Well, this is America where our destiny is controlled by each individual's decisions......let him make his own path....that's what my mom used to tell me...she said...."you make your own path and by doing that you will create your own luck".

Well...back to Mr. Jay......the WINNER!......don't know about those English defenders.....I've heard there is nothing like them as to durability but looking over that spare tire would drive me nuts. :D then I have to buy a 55 gallon drum of talcum powder.

Jay can make his own decision on what he wants...he just has to tell Gunny what color he wants and his bank transfer numbers so Gunny can get the loot up there .....Gunny is closer than me to Jay so that makes sense.....takes a while to wire money....

No gun club and it looks like I'm too lazy to get a load of stone...there's always tomorrow! ----006

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hmm seems we have a new GR member... has an avatar of a- STEAK?! Oh wait its just Tom!

Six you know what a Colorado winter can be like, do you really want your son trying to go up & down some of those roads in a Honda powered dinosaur egg ? Nope he needs a 4wd pickup, studded mudder tires and chains on all 4 corners! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey now! Money? Someone is sending me money?
All right! I'll take it!
I'm a poor Maine boy after all. I'm surprised you boys even let me in this Gun Room. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well it ain't gonna be me! Just dropped another $350 for the brake job just in parts! Seems in 2007 Dodge decided to use an oddball flare fitting on the rear lines and no one has those fittings! He had to rescue the orignal and make the new line with it.
Now I think 58,000 miles is a bit too much- no pads left on them! Was steel on steel !! Between always having the radio rockin and no muffler I never heard the squeakin &squealing .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh well....what you spent on brakes is about what it's going to cost me for the botched up plumbing job I did today. Moms been climbing up my you know what..."that shower head keeps dropping". Blah...blah,..blah.......so the handy guy I am ....today I looked at it..no biggie.......needs a new cartridge......go to Home Depot...nada.....drive to Delaware Lowes..they got it...$46......come home and found out I needed a puller to get the old cartridge out...screw that....I made one out of 1 and 1/4" PVC and a mess of washers....got the old one out and that was a job......25 years of high mineral water had that sealed in before we had the purifier put in......anyway, get it out and the new one don't want to go in.........steel wool, you know....clean down to the copper......get the new one in and the last 1/2" was tight so I got a block of Osage orange and tapped it in........well, a hard tap. :D

Leaks.....I know I damaged it somehow so I'm calling the plumber up to have the whole unit replaced.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

All too complicated. This fell down in a 60+.mph wind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred.....that looks like the bush by the 17th hole..........all of that recycled beer must have made the tree fall down.

What do you have hiding in that bush? You have the same s.e.grin.......is there soft stuff in that bush? ---6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well there 006. That bush is on 9 or 18 depending on your count and it can serve the purpose in a pinch. Gotta watch no soft stuff can see.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah Jack those cartridges can be a real PITA to change! I've changed one in the kitchen and in the bathroom. Kitchen one was pretty easy but the other one still doesn't shut off right. But for the cost I'll make sure it shuts off. Always put some silicone grease on the O rings.

Wow that was some thunderstorm about 4am!

The grounds keeper will have that tree cleaned up by the next T time.

Jay, I'll fill the tank on your tractor, point it in your direction and send it on its way just as soon as Six delivers it here.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Yeah Gunny it’s a T-BONE.
Three years ago yesterday Marlin, our giant Doberman came to live with us AND tomorrow Ruger turns two. Happy days in Womelsdorf.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I think both Marlin and Ruger deserve a T-bone!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well T Bone.....that's a lot of meat you got there.

Rain? Again?

I'm going back to bed.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We had SNOW today!!
20200819_144928.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Am I missing something in your picture Gunny? I see some white stuff there and it looks like the ashes out of a hash pipe.........

Went down with the mighty Rubicon and got a load of stone ......that stuff is heavy! No putting the transmission in second gear to start off like I usually do.......unloaded it at the pond.....and went back to get another load........the guy running the loader asks me how I got the stone off so fast as I was back in 45 minutes.......I pointed to my arms and exclaimed, "W.P." :D oh man! That started it...his boy came over, a lad of about 30 and we got into one heck of a conversation.........

This buddy of mine who owns a mulch, topsoil, stone,sand, business made this video 4 years ago. He used the actual voice mail to make this video......some libs going down the road did not like his giaganic Trump sign and made the phone call.......so he made a jail and put Hillary in it.......

We were laughing like crazy today talking about the current state of affairs..........these libs don't know who they are messing with.-------006

Check this out...it's only 58 seconds long

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1iBLTUARHdA

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I said it snowed here today! What don't ya get ? That is pvc saw dust. All exposed wood on this front porch is getting covered in pvc boards. Its miserable, when its dry the static makes it cling to everything. When wet it sticks to everything. God forbid you get this in your eyes!

That video should be run on Fox News! Hopefully in his second term he can get her tossed in a cell !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

PVC boards......are they like 1" x 6" tongue and groove? I saw small pieces at the gunclub that someone was using to prop up their sandbags. I liked it so much the guy gave me a short piece to take home....has wood grain in it and is gray in color.....I bet that stuff is EXPENSIVE.

Here, I gather, organize, and freely donate all of my glass, plastics, and metal cans in the name of recycling. Then they take the free stuff, melt it down...and make money. Good ole capitalism at work! To be honest I really don't give a S about recycling....they are taking my trash and I don't pay $30 a month or $360 a year for trash removal.....can buy a lot of primers with dat.

Every couple of days I have a nice fire down in the burn pit......yea, in it is some stuff I don't feel like taking out, like deer park plastic bottles.....burn it all up and smile as I watch the smoke go in the sky.....once a week or so I'll throw a quart of drain oil in it to make it burn better.......it's really neat when I throw on some styrofoam or some old rubber of some sort.......then jump on the Kubota and watch those diesel fumes spiral up.......puts a nice warm feeling in ya knowing I'm helping the U.S to catch up with china in destroying the earth.

Well...gotta go....have a gallon of old gasoline to get rid of....its great for killing weeds.-------006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Definitely a different feel in the air this week. Much cooler. We been shutting the overhead doors at work the last couple nights.
I ordered some climbing sticks for a hang on stand today. Going to run up to the lot Friday and do some work.
Have a wheeling trip with the Jeep club Saturday. Supposed to run some skidder roads in off the Lower Enchanted road up to The Forks. We'll see......
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It only was in the mid 90s today. Could get into tje upper 60s overnight. Fall has arrived early.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six what you have sounds like decking, usually has color in it. This stuff is white throughout, it's PVC just like PVC pipe. It's smooth although the early boards were wood grain on 1 face.

Yes much cooler here too, only about 73 for the high yesterday- it's about 60 this morning! Very dry too.

Your burning a couple plastic bottles don't hold a candle to that plastic plant in Texas that is/was on fire!

The girls did it again, 0420 !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well....might as well join the crowd by checking in...........

Yea...nutting happening.....I am surprised at the humidity....44% ! Whoa! 82 degrees.....

Went to bed at around 2 and got up at 1.......I always let myself sleep when I want to.....yesterday I shoveled 5,000 pounds of modified on the bridge.....non stop each load....afterwards my shirt was so wet I could have wrung it out...it's good for ya about once or twice a week to beat yourself up.....

Well? Anyone there? Well screw ya, I'm going back to bed. :D ---006 nut job

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GRRR... drivin', y'all got nuttin' to complain about. There's a reason I avoid PA. Musta been a touch soft when I accepted this load to Pittsburgh. Took an hour & a half to drive 18 miles. Signs all over the place, "Not a truck route", "truck route" but going the wrong way. Weight restrictions, height restrictions, what ain't up is down... give me the wide open west. This east stuff is stuff! Construction... good thing most of 'em are nice guys, as one had to move his barrels so I could make the turn... Nearly 3 hours late to pick up. Still have 627 miles to deliver in GA tomorrow am!

Y'all should be having GOOD weather today. I brought the sunshine east with me... Nice enough that I had "the Rose" washed and waxed yesterday!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Good you checked in Griff!! Yes this part of the country isn't all that truck friendly anymore! You guys that drive for a living get my respect! I always do my best to let you guys use a hill, i wave as I pass . Sadly its the morons in the cars that cause the problems but blame the truckers. Sounds like the donkey party don't it !?

Yes Sixer the weather has been down right pleasant! Was 53 ° along the river valley this morning. I actually put on a sweatshirt for a couple hours.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My hat is off to you Griff! Over the years drivers I knew well would let me get in their tractor for a short spin around the parking lot.......talk about intimidation! Waaaaaaayyyy too much to think about and ya can't see all those hidden spots.......

I don't like driving a four wheeler in traffic or especially any city.....I get aggravated instantly....signs here...signs there...anywhere you look, signs....bridges too low, cars sneaking up in your blind spot...more signs.....and the cops are looking........

I'm used to having the road to myself pretty much........today I drove 5 miles down back roads to the infamous Brandywine Creek....right through where battles took place...past the Lafayette cemetery where soldiers from both sides were buried.....down to the hardware store where I purchased ANOTHER $50 cartridge for the bathroom.......turning the water off and on to take a shower is a major PITA.......got out the new/old cartridge and am here taking a mental break.

Soon I'll see how I spent $25,000 on a $300 job.....I need a drink... :D ....0000000000000002

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

110° again today. Have a,buck 110 and had a Savage 110 30-06 for a couple days. Smoke covers the entire area.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Remember the three stooges when they accomplished something ??? They would clap hands and do a little dance singing, "success, success, success."...

Well, as usual, I have a success story annnnnnnnndddddd claims to the "winning accomplishments of which I know of no other. (Yea...you other cheese eating hood rats who lurk but don't have no friends...gloat)

Well, the Guardian Angel once again stood watch.......

Had a problem with the leaky faucet in the bathroom shower....tried to replace it..blah blah....assumed defeat and was going to call a plumber...blah...blah.....did that yesterday...called SEVEN plumbers in the surrounding 15 miles....the people I usually deal with don't do little jobs.....only wells, water heaters, water softeners..blah..blah....they recommended two other whom I called......only got a voice mail...one called back and said he was on a big job and could not do it but he recommended 2 people whom I called and once again only voice mail.

The messages I left were like this, "hello, my name is..blah calling from blah...left a brief message and finishing up with the message, "I pay in cash, not checks..cash".....no one called back........picked out 2 others from internet...voice mail..no one callled back.

Now I know big name businesses like Horizon will come right over and GUARANTEED they will hit you up with a $600 bill......I was willing to pay say....3

Went to bed last night with this on my mind and woke up with the answer........went to my favorite hardware store today and bought another cartridge.....DID NOT open the package......got my tools and went to work.....made a tool to fit in the drill that would sand the inside of the pipe a couple of thousandths down......then the big discovery...a hidden piece of plastic down in a crack that kept the new cartridge from going in......it was BONDED to the copper from past minerals......no way of getting it out...so I did what any retart would do.....I have this miniature torch and I melted it out but not hot enough to melt the tin fittings......I'm back in business everything is fine and I'm taking the second new cartridge back for my $50. (Did not open the package), I'm not like most people who buy a suit on Friday, wear it on sat and take it back on Monday like the bros do.

There's a reason why no plumber called back....my Guardian Angel took care of dat.

Hope you enjoyed the story and thank you for hanging around a winner. You don't want to wind up like ....."you know who" and his loser sidekick and their loser allies. :D whistle...whistle....whistle......life is grand...whistle ...whistle........

Like President Trump...win...win...win........-----006
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Fred..see ya just posted....110 degrees? That's hot enough to cook pork rinds on the sidewalk then bloat yourself up to the size of a cow!

Fred......your gonna LOVE the prize for page 111

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

006, psychic once again. Best pork chops ever on the Weber ... my style with Oscar Mayer Beef because they were the best deal with ... Roling Rock.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred.....I can taste those hot dogs 3,000 miles away..........for real, one of the best tasting and easy to eat of all foods is a QUALITY all beef hot dog fried on the grill with chipped raw onions and relish.....

Your teasing me and I don't like it!!! :D we keep them around here but as you know, I can't touch them.....one day last week I was outside doing work and must have sweat a half gallon of water out of me....came in the house and mom was eating a hot dog....I said "f.i., I'm eating a piece so I ate a half of a hot dog. Figured I could have a bit of salt.----006

The pork? Yep! I can eat pork as long as it's not processed into a salty ham.....but ...but....as a redneck I'll take a 🌭 first.---006.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Hot dogs are a great, simple to cook food. I prefer them grilled. My Mother always boiled them. She would not eat a grilled hot dog. She preferred to go hungry. I never did find out why.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hot dogs.
When I was a kid, I didn't care what they were or where they came from. We would buy the packages of 40 hot dogs for a fishing trip. Cheapest nastiest things in the world. Then buy the cheapest buns we could find. Oh! And a cheap no-brand jar of mustard.
In this manner we had lots of money left for beer. If you drank a bunch of beer first, the "hot dogs" tasted great!

Nowadays, I only like the best quality, all beef ones. I don't eat them often, but once in a while I get a taste and will eat 4 or 5. Don't care how they are cooked. Grilled, steamed, boiled. I like em.
Oh! And I still like beer with em. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

If ya like spivey food look for Berk's Fiesta dogs! These are 1/4 pound hot dogs with cheese and jalapeño and absolutely the best hotdog in my opinion! Put them on the grill just long enough to get them to sweat a little cheese. Paired up with baked beans and ya can't go wrong!

Six the trades are SWAMPED! Each and every plumber, electrician, roofer, carpenter in this area has more work than they can finish. Yes thank you Mr President! I know the lumber yards are bare of pressure treated lumber. Between treatment plants shut down and everybody being home doing projects the supply on treated is gone. The local yards are taking orders but wait times are weeks before you get material. When I worked at the yard we would get 2-4 truckloads of treated a week!

Oh man, I accidentally ate one of those tiny little hot peppers in my General Tso's Kitten last night- talk about heartburn!

Well back to the Washington house today, do a little fishing before work!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Necessity is the mother of invention....or in my case, the mother of learning.......I'm self taught in everything I can do and now I'm an expert at cartridge removal and replacement.......when you know nothing about a certain endeavor, you need to have the T's to "get into it" and yes, you will make mistakes, sometimes stupid mistakes but once you know how to do something, that's another "check off" on an individual, company, business that you can say, GFY.

Most basic household needs such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, flooring, painting, window replacement, about everything in the "minor dept." can be fixed by the average guy with a bit of diligence and knowledge of tools. People have too much money today and just make phone calls. I never had that luxury....that and I love being able to say, "GFYMF".

Well, in the meantime on the discussion of hot dogs.....just a word of caution to my comrades........

DONT LET YOUR HOTDOG STAND!!!. 006

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

General Tso's Kitten? So that's why all the stray cats disappeared when we got that new Chinese place in town. Kitty Wok. I thought they just couldn't spell City. Oops!
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well a day off, so off to lowes to buy metal roofing, I'm just going over the wrecked shingles. Then over to the wood stove joint to order wood pellets- gonna be an expensive morning!

Boy how that liberal on The Five irritates me to no end. I suppose they all would as what comes out of their mouths is the same as what comes out of the south side of a north facing cow.

Hey I slept in ! Woke up at 0520!!! Gee I don't know when I slept so late!?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah yes, coffee, this seems to work fine.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have something like that but it is only big enough for 1 mug at a time. Works great when out fishing alone. Single burner Coleman stoves are helpful.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Those do work well, I prefer the electric drip for 1 important reason! Push the button so I can go drop off congress at the pool! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Must be a dam big mug.