The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Sixgun »

Hey T Bone! Yep.....you can remove stuck rotors......now I have to figure out how to remove all that "stuck cash" you have. :D

Mmmmm...109 coming up in one more post after the next one.---006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oooooooooo I won!......
JFK sent me this! I'm putting it in the pond....think it'll fit??---006

Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

A nicely detailed model there Six!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure that Ford trick would work on the front but these were stuck on the REAR! These rotors haven't been off the axle since it left the factory 13 years ago! Apparently the brake line fittings are some bastard size and not available! So now my buddy has to make the new line using the old fittings.

That PT should fit just fine in your pond- just watch out for the depth charges, ya might hurt your bluegills & frogs!

Off to the club, hopefully we can shoot some skeet , two weeks away is the all clays shoot, skeet, trap, wobble trap and international trap. Us international guys only shoot skeet once a year.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Been getting these, thought I'd share!
IMG_7363.jpg
26561.jpeg
IMG_3435.jpg
FB_IMG_1596843088685.jpg
IMG_5590.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Gunny! Yeah I was wondering if it was the rear. I'm telling you, bud. The bolt truck works awesome. Wish I'd discovered it sooner.

Hey! Six won! A PT boat? Man, you ain't gonna wanna put the gas in that puppy!

Those Joe Biden memes are a riot. He was a moron BEFORE he lost his mind.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You know they were made of plywood.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, back when I was in the Navy, McHales Navy, we used to cruise around in the 73 picking up liquor and broads in New Caledonia
then back to th island where fun was the priority.

I think that's a real picture of the 109.

As an old head who has had his share of working on junk I CANNOT envision a rotor being welded on from rust. .........hard to get off...sure.....but "rust welded on"?........in 10 years?".....I do know PB Blaster dissolves rust so,what's so hard about heating the unit up and spraying PB.....let it cool...reheat.....spray.......bang......bang....reheat .....spray....bang.....

I took a civil war Savage pistol that was a mass of rust and 3 weeks later I was shooting it. Got out every screw .....was told it was total junk.........I said, "if I can get this gun working without destroying it, is it worth $500 to you.?"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZuy6oaTkY
Joe Biden is toast.....I mean, a piece of burnt toast would make a better candidate.
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I never knew that an American Political Party would put forth a candidate whose business card reads "Have matress, will govern!".
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Speakin' of boats........
Took Kristy for some "yachting" this afternoon on the Kennebec. Beautiful day.
Besides, I wanted to run the old Evinrude some. I brought her in case it died and the boat needed rowing. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Any day on the water is a good day !

Well Six I haven't been able to get the exact story but yes as far as I know it was rusted fast. His cell phone is on the fritz, they don't answer their landline thanks to telemarketers. I'm going to try to catch up with him this evening.

Yes the PT boats were plywood as well as the Higgins landing craft. Thats the main reason why none of them are still around.

Shot some skeet this morning, some bunker too. Not great but it was a much nicer day today than its been in a few weeks with low(er) humidity.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Here Jay
Screenshot_20200815-172813_Facebook.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:33 pm Here JayScreenshot_20200815-172813_Facebook.jpg
Oh Lord....when something gets me it gets me good and that is the BEST.....look at his face......like he is in outer space somewhere. :D

Just finished popping off the 5 pound blades of the mighty Kubota and sharpened them with the new mighty Makita angle grinder......ahhhhh...I'm learning, they don't look too good but they be sharp. I got really good with the belt sander as to looks but it took longer and ate up the belts......

This means while I'm testing out the sharpened blades I'll be laughing the whole time with that picture of Joe Biden coming out of his hole to predict four more years of MY PRESIDENT! The corn maze is good too..... :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay.......you must have a hidden secret........nice pics and smokin' Kristy to keep an eye on ya.---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:51 pm Jay.......you must have a hidden secret........nice pics and smokin' Kristy to keep an eye on ya.---6
Haha no. There just ain't much to choose from up here. A good lookin gal has mighty slim pickings. :D

Haha yeah that look on creepy Joe's face says it all! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Six, how do you know when the humidity is very high?

The squirrels are putting talcum powder on their nuts! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! The squirrels don't have much money...I use Gold Bond for mine.......keeps em soft and supple in their unused and old age. Of course in California where these things are important they use imported and specially formulated olive oil.......there's a dispenser at every street corner.

My neighbor is going senile......been neighbors since day one 45 years ago...he bought the land from my fil.....never had an issue of any kind....good guy...gun guy....constable.. ......he is somewhat old.....78 or so......on his property maybe 25' on his side is a wet area and I dug a 6" x 6" by 20' long ditch on MY side to catch the water. (because he don't GAF) .. and from there it goes into an underground pipe 200' long on my property and discharges into a stream on my inlaws property.......when he is cutting his grass this retart keeps driving his tractor over the ditch and it makes the water go everywhere....

I don't say anything as he's old and I'll go out there a few times a year to clear the ditch........I had it all nice yesterday and two hours after I cleaned it up he drove over it again.....my wife says to leave him alone as he looks like he has a foot in the casket and the other foot halfway in. :)

24,000 union members of the NYPD just endorsed Trump! Since when does a Union endorse a Republican? :D ........we're gonna have fun on the fourth of Nov. :D ----006
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ragged Point and San Simeon
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred....on movies from Cali we always see cars going over cliffs...is that one? Is that where Thelma and Louise made the last ride?

We don't have those things here....just trees and ditches people run into.

Nice sunset. Never saw one on either coast. Just ones in cornfields...and ditches.---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So Foxjust said the former First Chump is talking at the dnc this week, they say she is very powerful!? How does she have power?

Nice gentle rain today- what we need.

Yeah the NYPD Union has put their foot down, I saw that coming! I'm sure there are going to be more unions step up and cross the line. I know the bird dog union is voting RED here, the members here are people of color! :lol:

Again in Chicago last night! Sure would like to see fire hoses hooked up to septic trucks put into use!

Well what to do today? Gotta install a recoil pad, shape & sand the stock, have a couple hood ornaments to make bases for, go pick up shingles for the shed?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Quote Gunny.
So Foxjust said the former First Chump is talking at the dnc this week, they say she is very powerful!? How does she have power?

Haven't you seen her Muscles.......... :shock: makes hubby look just like what he is............... :lol:
5aa14eb324e9f022fcfe9da9c69e4b45.jpg
In real terms she has "BLACK PRIVILEGE" as a member of the Democrat party.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Mike Obama has always looked more manly than Barack. Either that, or I just think that dude is one ugly woman.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

AM San Simeon

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage........I'm not cultured.....is sal Simeon near you?

Hey! Where's my hero Barack Hussein Obama ? I'm still amazed at how stupid most Americans are...electing a Muslim ....TWICE.....all during a time where we were being attacked......stupid......stupid.....stupid
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok...invention of the day....as mom likes to sit on the patio and waste triple filtered well water I invented this baby today for her pleasure.....No one makes one that works as good a single this...I've bought them all ....as in putting a hard stream of water long distances.......

This is the culmination of past experiments of trial and error and scientific proof that this is the way to get the longest and hardest stream of water 30' away......I had to get my daughter to make up a mathematical equation using pressure x volume x material x temperature x length divided by altitude and wind speed and x's again with pi to the fourteenth power. Now, if you believe that your as stupid as Joe Biden.

For real, this sucker works for throwing out water hard and far.....don't know what it is but it works....I used the insides of an old brass nozzle and covered the stem with a 300 Weatherby mag case that was .005 smaller than the stem......primer hole drilled out to .210 and POLISHED inside.......heated the casing up red hot and tapped it on the nozzle stem and dunked it in cold water for a forever fit.

Homemade knurling keeps your wet hands from slipping.

Isn't it something how I can make a brainless project using the IQ of Mike Tyson into a scientific article? THATS what the democrats do on a daily basis.-----006.

Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Cool nozzle design, I have the same Battle Flag patch too........... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well just so long as you don't start an infomercial where you are yelling at the top of your lungs like all those crack heads ya see on tv! I need to try your idea, Claro always seems to be just out of range of the hose, she doesn't like the hose. Whereas Winnie and Parker will swallow your arm to the elbow if you are using the hose! Talk about water nuts!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny.....if you do, you obviously know any longish case will do.........I don't know your water pressure so start with a .185 drill. I have good pressure and volume so was able to do the .210. A .185 will have a bit more velocity but as you know, you need mass to move stuff and a smaller stream may not push the turds off the patio. :D

Ok, this humidity has to go.......82 % all day.......went out and did four hundred feet of fence line with the push mower and after finishing my clothes were dripping wet. Wow.....bet my T s needed talcum powder.

The battle flag? ........I was only using it to prop up the nozzle thingy....I grabbed the first thing that was close......goes to show you how much of that stuff I have laying around......they don't like it? Too bad...........OOSix
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool idea with the nozzle. I've got good water pressure here but it increases a lot when I run it through my pressure washer. :D
Matter of fact, I have to fire it up and strip some paint off the old back garage.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ok still no joy. . . The elusive brakeline that is shot- my bud and his son each accomplished mechanics can't find the parts& fittings to make the new line. They are resorting to the dealer today in hopes of getting it.

Last night I went to take the girls out , go to the back door, Anderson French wood , grab the handle & spin the deadbolt- around and around it goes . BUSTED ! 9pm and I'm taking the door apart . Now ya need needle nose pliers to unlock the door. Junk part, appears to be pot metal, that moves the bolt. Gotta see if I can smith on it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Red Woods

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nice picture Fred.....your family looks happy.........mom and daughter look like twins.....

..I'd like to add that I have TWO bucket list items..one is to see the grand Canyon and the other is to see the giant redwoods.......really something how it takes a couple of thousand years to grow and then poof! a saw in an hour.......I wholeheartedly agree with the conservationists on these trees.......but an owl?......

When I was a kid that wood was everywhere....pretty expensive now......if you can find it.

Man! You get to do all the neat stuff......golfing...carousing......concerts.....big trees..........one quick question......I thought those trees are in the north of California.....is your family on a road trip?---6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yes, road trip, 5 days. Check your map Monterey to Cambria on the coast on Rt 1.Ragged Point here and a waterfall. 60+ miles that winds along the coast where we went.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Simply amazing how big those trees get. That looked to be a big tree when compared to most around here. Not real big for a redwood, but still bigger than what we have around here.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice pictures OS!
Like Six, I too would like to see the GC and the redwoods.
We had GIANT pines here that had been growing since the ice age. They were unbelievably huge due to the climate they grew in and being a separate species. They grew along the rivers and made Bangor bigger than Boston at one time. Some were so big the river wouldn't float them. Many were cut and left because they couldn't be moved or dealt with once down.
They were completely gone by the 1890's. The stumps were visible for many years. What I wouldn't give to have seen this country then. They called it "the piney days".
It's so hard to find history that was recorded here.
Stupid hicks. Guess we ain't changed. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, lot of Red Woods along the central coast.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sequoia vs Red Woods

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

So I actually got to go out to da range yesterday!
Wahoo. I took my Marlin 1892 in 32 long. I had gotten a new toy for that...a lee style factory crimp die from old west molds. It seems to have tightened up the groups about 50 percent. Yaaaaaa baby.
I also took some “skeeter” loads for my four inch model 29. I have a MP mold that does a .434 bullet with a flat point, a small JP , or a BIG HP. The BIG hp still weighs 250gr. Seems like it has some promise. I also took my Rossi 38/357 mag. I am using a suppressor and a rcbs 200 grain cast in my 38 special with small charge of Unique and it is a HOOT. I also had a new guy from the gun club come over with an AR that wouldn’t function. Dry, dry, dry. Amazingly enough it felt much smoother after the application of some frog lube and cycling the bolt a hundred times. Well that was my day. Uncle T-bone out!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Fred.....while I'm not in agreement with most directives from the environmentalists, I do agree with trees that take thousands of years to grow, along with polluting the waters and some wildlife........to hell with the spotted ladybugs, dirt urchins, tearing off mattress tags or burning a milk jug. :D ...you know......common sense stuff. :D

I'm getting the heebie-jeebies......weather is finally breaking a bit.........thinking...(only thinking :D ) of throwing the 300 Black Out, the ultra mighty BAR, M1-A and a 2/3 rds. mighty single action Colt...or two....into the semi-mighty Rubicon along with 3-500 rds of ammo, my steel plates, cooler to the mighty gun club tomorrow.

I see it ready to rain...black clouds overhead......looks like the 7/8ths mighty Kubota is gonna get another workout.(hope I don't get called a racist for describing the clouds as black)----006 secret agent for the government in civilian form ....can't tell my wife what I'm doing or what country I'm flying into.

Hey T-BONE.....WHATS YOU DOING TOMORROW?......SEE YA JUST POSTED.......Let's go shootin' !!!!'
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I saw the GC as a kid, some of the giants as well. The redwoods grow quite well in this area, know of a few here. Intentionally planted !
One of the local lumberyards used to stock every size redwood board. Still can be found but its pricey! The Joshua tree , alpine spruce are more slow growers!
Years ago in Quebec we were cutting moose trails, came upon a white pine that had fallen. It was cut through by someone many moons before with hand saws, standing flat footed & arm stretched ya couldn't touch the bark- it was cut about midway from stump to branches.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny....wish I would have known about being able to grow Redwoods. I love to plant trees and watch em grow......there were zero (0) trees of any kind on my front 2 acres when we moved here and now have somewhere around 30, not including a couple of hundred out back, which are mostly scrub maples and a smattering of red oak, ash, locust, and shag bark hickory.

Redwoods probably grow somewhat fast up to a foot in diameter......just guessing.....I figure at 66 I won't be able to see em grow much more than 4-6"....can you add to that? Where would I get saplings?----6

Loaded up for the gun club tomorrow and no one to go with......come on down! I'll drive and buy the bourbon!
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Most striking places I have seen: Bar Harbor, Lake Tahoe, the Grand Canyon and Yosemite.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I dont have a clue where ya might find redwood seedlings, I would guess a web search might turn up sumthin.

Sure wish I could join ya but we are swamped !

I can remember us kids swimming in Tahoe, man would we get cold! Toes numb, lips turn blue & us boys would have nards for ear lobes!! Ya didn't stay in the water too long I can tell ya !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Gunny......thought you might have known offhand.........I'll have T Bone handle it...or better yet, I'll have my people deal with T Bone......

Fred is quite the traveler.......it never interested me but I'm in the minority there......always felt better at home or day tripping.......when I do go out to Colorado or even upstate I can't wait to get home....haven't been to Colorado in ...gotta think.....4 years?.....looks like I'll never go again as I'll never get on a plane anymore.......last thing I need is to have a stage 4 Meniers attack....(EXTREME VERTIGO with violent projectile vomiting).....on a flight......my name would be national news.

I tell my boy to come home.....New news from him......two years ago he buys a top of the line Jeep and sticks another 5-8 G's into it.....tells me it's his "last one".....yesterday he told mom he is going to buy a Dodge diesel truck and put a camper on it so when he's working in Colorado Springs he can live in the camper for a few days instead of driving the 100 mile trip.......I laughed telling mom to tell him he can buy a LOT of gas for the 90 G's or so this rig is gonna cost him.......he is one of the worst in money handling and I taught him different. Dunno, he's like his mom and my daughter is like me....after all, the Jews say if you can't save a penny how can you save a dollar....

Jeep is all loaded up with the toys for tomorrow except I need to load 300 B.O....
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yes but then he foesn't have to drive the 200 miles ;-)

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The traveling has always been somebody else's idea.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Sorry Jack, gotta work. We are still working from home( and were told we will be through the year) but we are getting busier and busier. FYI: we are seeing a HUGE reduction in the number of new Covid cases in nursing homes.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Funny, I don't think of myself as a traveler. It's all been because of the kids. There is plenty for me right here in good ole Maine. That being said, I've seen some beautiful country.
When I head south, I can feel the stress and pucker as soon as I leave the house. Hate it.
And, traveling costs money. I'm a cheap old hick. :D
I'm trying to figure out where the summer has gone. Going to have to stop playing with the bike. Have loading and shooting to do, stands to hang, and some chainsaw work to do.
Have a Jeep trip with the club this weekend up to The Forks. In off the Lower Enchanted road. Awesome country in there.
Now I'm headed to work. :(
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh well......with every caliber there are intrincities that are unique for every set of dies........started to load 300 Barack Obamas ....this die too loose....that die not allowing this or that....shell holder advances too far..whatever......it was an hour and a half before I had my first round loaded and then knocked out the next 99 in 20 minutes.....

Adversity is not handled very well by me.....aggravated......not going to club as I have to rush now......screw it..and sleep in..again.....get load of stone with the semi mighty Jeep.-----2
Model A Uzi’s