The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by fordwannabe »

I am saddened to hear that Charlie Daniels passed today.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

fordwannabe wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:08 pm I am saddened to hear that Charlie Daniels passed today.
Yea T-Bone...I agree...a good redneck conservative......you should also be saddened by the fact there is no model 98 Winchesters for you to win for the page......you'll have to settle for a Nazi bolt gun.----1
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

fordwannabe wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:08 pm I am saddened to hear that Charlie Daniels passed today.
I was too FW. I always liked him. His music and his beliefs. Good man gone.

Well, we said our goodbyes. It ain't never easy. The good news is the whole gang is coming to our place for 2 weeks in November. Can't wait! Hunting with my son is always special for me.
We are back in Anchorage now. Waiting for our next flight.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay.....coming back to a civil war.....you might want to stay where your at, in civilization......they're killing people like flies in the democratic cities.

Hey! Wimpy was asking for you...can you get him a hamburger, extra grease?---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wimpy? Guess thats how they did it before EBD cards. :D

Ha! I will be ok if I can make it home. Then it's no problem.
Got a bunch of work to do on the old JD. They managed to find me a brandy new NOS factory mowing deck. Gotta swap all my spindles and pulleys over. Gotta sand out and repaint the rear fenders. Should be about done then.
I'm sure my Jeep and Harley are lonely too.
The old man has been babysitting the pets and the Winchesters.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

98, there is the Polish Mauser made by the Czechs, matching numbers, rampant lion. Crest wiped for the Spanish. Or there are the ones for the South Americans of various countries.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:16 am 98, there is the Polish Mauser made by the Czechs, matching numbers, rampant lion. Crest wiped for the Spanish. Or there are the ones for the South Americans of various countries.
I know next to nothing on 98's......had a walther G-41 semi auto for two weeks.....extremely rare....paid 6 for
it and sold it for 5 big ones.

Well folks...tomorrow's another day.....

Gunny? You up yet? Claro is raising hell.....GO FEED HER, NOW!-----6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Or

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/articl ... 8-victoria

And that Wimpy ... what a character. From Popeye wasn't it?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm up at 5- not 1!!

I have just the thing for good ol T Bone! I just have to find it, a Siamese Mauser receiver. A trip to SARCO and we can find a bolt, firing pin & bolt shroud, extractor, bolt stop, bottom metal, action screws. Might even find a stock and barrel! Now if I can remember where I put it... :lol: a fair amount of these were converted to 45/70.

That's what's wrong with this country- 503 million dollar salary for a ball player! That's bs, one little hang nail and they can't PLAY at their job. They should earn the same as the rest of us, over paid prima donnas.

So yesterday we were setting the cooktop , had to wait as the counter top guys had to cut the hole bigger. Anyhow we had to alter the steel clamps that hold it down. I grabbed a round file off my dashboard to cut a notch in the clamp and it was hot enough that I burned my finger- hot enough to raise a blister! Need to find a new spot to store my files!

Today we are pumping out a spring house, drain line has clogged up that runs to the pond. Guess what we are going to do while the pump is running? We are going to fish for monster bass!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I actually had several 98 mausers of various genealogy at one time, but a Siamese in 45-70! Thanks Gunny! Call me when it’s done. Left hand cheek piece please.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh that's right you are one of those discombobulated shooters! Hmm guess I'll have to figure out how to shape your stock while looking at a mirror! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Boyd’s has lefty with a right bolt for the 98. They won’t charge you much for my prize either
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm supplying the action- everyone else has to chip in !! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Watch for snakes Gunny......been in a lot of 1700-1940 springhouses......my wife's dad had a beauty and it was only 40 yards from my property line....Stopped using it after the war........about 10 years ago my brother in law, who just bought this $200,000 trac hoe decided he needed something to demolish.

Wimpy........Ill gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:11 pm Watch for snakes Gunny......been in a lot of 1700-1940 springhouses......my wife's dad had a beauty and it was only 40 yards from my property line....Stopped using it after the war........about 10 years ago my brother in law, who just bought this $200,000 trac hoe decided he needed something to demolish.

Wimpy........Ill gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, nice day at the course, hot dry wind. Feels very good.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Only ninety today but the humidity equaled the temp.....nasty........

Finished with the solar powered spotlights around the pond....have three now......about 10 a few deer tripped it......

Watched the Green Mile ..again...good flick.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger. ;-)

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:25 pm Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger. ;-)
That reminds me....I stopped at this place many moons ago while on vacation....
One of the best cheeseburgers in my memory.
Sorry, but the Gaslighting wasn't very good...I guess some idiot tried it. Could hardly read the menu. :wink:
https://www.wimpysmarinaandcafe.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Snakes don't bother me, I've had a Burmese Python,couple red tail boas, couple rainbow boas, King snake, a sand boa. Even tried to tame (HA!) a bull snake. Big thing yesterday was not stepping on all the frogs! This spring house was quite large, about 15x15. At one point someone put a concrete floor in it. It's set up with a large well ,piped into a smaller settling well, then piped into the house with an outlet underground to the pond, well now pond as it was originally a 'cement pond' . Everything is in need of upkeep!

It wasn't too bad here yesterday, 85 or so but the humidity is off the charts. Yuck doesn't describe it!

Today is final punch list at the Washington house... Until winter- then we are gutting the 3 bathrooms. I'll be a nice inside winter job.

Tomorrow we might jump on the boat and go fishing !

Saturday is a work party at the club- I put in the gates already, cut up a couple trees, supplied my Ranger for stocking so my work requirements are met so I'm going shooting Saturday!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Made it home last night. I hate traveling. The last leg of the flight is on a twin engine Cessna. On the way out it was just the wife and I. Coming home, there was this "artist" (hippie) who had never been to Maine. Nice enough I guess but talked too much. :D
I really want to bring my mom and dad up there before they get too old to travel. I know they'd love it.
We had a great trip. Good to be home but now I see all the work I gotta do! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Snakes, Fred's cheeseburgers, and traveling................well, I see snakes all the time, mostly garter snakes and then there's this at least 6' X 1 and 1/2" brown water snake I see by the pond near everyday.....he sees me and slithers away, into the cattails......I keep reminding myself, I'm in THEIR territory........I hollar to him to eat some more vermin and keep the place clean.....

Traveling....never did get it....except for a distinct purpose I have no will.....I'm a firm believer that "there's no place like home."
Here, I'm king and pawn......out "there" there are rules.....---6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred...that is some Buick......like taking a step back in time....my grandfather was a Buick man from the fifties on...my dad had a '56 back in the day and a like new '55 with 31k miles that he kept in the garage...and never drove it. Big boats they were....but look at the back seat!---6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah yes, rules everywhere and the rules are different.

Never had a Buick but that one is a beauty.

OW, Maine was the hardest to fly to from SoCal. LA-Chicago-Boston-Bangor, took about 10 hrs. Did it three times as I recall and drove there twice from NJ and PA, 10 hrs also.

Now the golf course, there are some rules, general rules and local rules and penalties of course. Tax rules is what I will be addressing today with the help of TurboTax, Quicken and HP.

Then of course hasmat rules, I am a CESQG under their rules. And of course Xray Operator and Owner rules which are separate, city business rules, state Board rules, State Dept. of Health rules. state business and professional code rules, state Dept of Consumer Affairs rules the rules of my lease rules, HOA rules, shooting range rules, should I go on? And of course my wife's rules.

The ability to conform to, operate within and use the rules is an inevitable part of life.

Then if you go camping, hiking, hunting, fishing or the like you will encounter what we might call mother nature's rules.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The rules depend a lot on where, and how, you are traveling.
Flying is fastest. You have no control but it is over the quickest and you are only in airports.
Driving gives more flexibility but a lot depends on where you are and how willing you are to skirt the rules. Last year we drove thousands of miles across a LOT of country. We had all the gear we needed to survive and we were armed.
This year, once in Kodiak, we were free to do as we pleased pretty much. I went armed everywhere and was in smaller communities than I live in at home.
I hate some of the places I have to pass through, but some of the places I've seen has made it worth it.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey OS!
Haha yeah. Unless you are flying into Portland, it can be tough. The best "real" airport IMO is Bangor. It is small, easy to get into and through. It is mostly military as it used to be Dow air force base. My work is on the old base, right beside the runway.
If you land in Boston, you can take the Cape Air shuttle (like we did yesterday) and fly in a small twin engine prop job into Augusta. It is a one room airport and VERY easy to deal with.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm bbaacckk! In AZ, it's 117ºF! Internet sucks. Slow as molasses! ANYWAY, Happy Belated Birthday all, get well wishes for all. Don't ever have your vehicle worked on by a skinny guy on the 4th of July in Wells, NV! I didn't get "fixed" until 0330 hours on the SIXTH!! And when I say "fixed"... I mean all the damage he'd done on the 4th!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just got home from work, big thunderstorms coming. The closer I got to the house the harder it was raining, just my luck!

Big goings on here today- finally getting a haircut! Was late January/ early February since my last... way over due!!

My S&W 66 serial number starts with the Bar Harbor call sign- BHB___. Not that it means anything! :lol:

Buick? Where is a Buick?? Oh now I see the link!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Bummer Griff. Sorry to hear about the troubles.
And the heat! Man, thats crazy.

Gunny,
No haircut since when?
I'm mostly bald and I can't go that long.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Two Friday’s ago Ingot my first haircut since end of February or beginning of March. I felt like I should be singing 60’s flower power songs ugh hate that (the long hair not the music).
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have a full head of hair, I normally get a haircut quarterly- maybe an extra during the summer months. I just put my hat on and go! I dont know who's hair she was cutting- a lot of grey in it...?

Just loaded my ammo box in the truck for Saturday's clay bird huntin ! :lol:

I'll take 117° Arizona heat over this 85-90° with 90% humidity anyday!

Sounds like that "mechanic " oughtta find a new line of work!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

117?!...I usually stop at 90....was outside today for about two hours doing a little bit of cement work.....the cement must have set up in 10 minutes......

.....had enough of flying.....in the beginning it was a no brainer..get a ticket, check your guns and go. Now, in addition to TSA, two hours arrival ahead of time..more rules...more rules.....and then you wind up with a disease.....I'm an average sized guy and the way they added more seats, three hours is my max time...and that's with a klonopin.....how tall and fat people do it is beyond my imagination

Get in the Jeep..go to the store.....any store....."MASK REQUIRED"....6 FEET APART......THIS AISLE.....FOLLOW ARROWS.....MAXIMUM 30 minutes shopping........I had enough....go early or late..get in and out....no enjoyment anymore...UPS, FEX EX come down the driveway three times a week.....along with USPS post office box....

Have not been to a match yet...too many added rules.

Fred....I agree with you...rules are necessary.....as the population rises along with density, more and more rules are upon us.....and yes...the ability to adapt....in that case my tolerance is maxed out.

Sure glad and feel blessed I can stay home....everything I need and want is right here.---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I understand the PA nitwit in charge has decided masks are now required for outdoor activities...
As I've taken to calling our dingbat in charge, Diaper Face, has followed suit requiring masks out side as well. Why diaper face? What comes out of his mouth is what ends up in a diaper!

When I was a kid we flew all the time. With Dad being an airline pilot we flew for the taxable amount of the ticket price. Of course then the public was expected to be dressed nicely, behave and be civil. Then deregulation happened and the masses started to travel and things went down hill. Last I flew was maybe 10 years ago, sure it's a pain to get on the plane but ya just gotta let it all slide to get somewhere.

Ah well BRCC time!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

BRCT? OK.....at 95 degrees one cup is enough.....calling for drenching downfalls tomorrow........that will probably continue everyday for a month......then a month with no rainfall.....

me and mom got to head out......oil change time for the Jeeps.....including my daughters.....ready for this....4 Jeeps, 4 different filters, and 4 different viscosities of oil.....so that's 4 cases of oil and 8 filters...good enough for 2 oil changes in each Jeep...probably $200 ......------6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Just paid $75 for one oil change..Oil, filter, disposal fee and installation by the old boys at Oil Rite. Mobil One 5-20 and the appropriate Mobil One Filter 113A.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Let's see, the 07 Dodge Cummins has NOT had an oil change in years, yes YEARS. I'm running Amsoil full synthetic oil with dual oil filters. Every few years I pull a 2 oz sample and send it for analysis. They check for metals, fuel dilution, soot, viscosity and a bunch of other stuff. If the sample is clean then I just keep right on running. In the 13 years I've owned the truck I've done 2 oil changes. The new truck will go to the dealer for oil changes only because it is a lease.
I also run amsoil in my quad and next time the Ranger is due, 200 hours, I'll swap that over as well.
Retired mechanic buddy does his oil every 2500 miles, he doesn't like dirty oil ! Then again he drives 100,000 miles a year or more!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Gunny.....I heard that on the synthetic oils......the oil does not break down.......$75 for an oil change? Well, you figure there's $35 worth of oil and an $8 filter ...then with tax and disposal fee I guess that's not too bad...I have an easy disposal fee.....I burn it on hard to burn items..the rest I use as weed killer. Yep....your shuddering and gasping.....too bad. :D

When I was kid the township had this tractor with this huge barrel and some other kind of contraption on it.....they would spray around 3-5' on either side of the road for weed control. This is on roads with no shoulders.....worked great. I'd like to see more of that thinking.....

got a new shirt in the mail....my boy was in Deadwood and sat in the chair where bill got boom boomed.---6

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Aces and eights ;-)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Weird! I was in that same spot last summer! Got me a Deadwood Harley shirt too! I think it's in some of my recent posted pictures. It has 2 crossed 51 Navies on the front over a skull in Wild Bill's hat.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Just got back from Sturgis.....left early this morning and rode non stop in my make believe Harley. I'll post some pics as soon as I can find some Internet pictures that look unanimated.

I did get a shirt......mmmmmm bet your wondering how I got a shirt from a non existent rally.....got three more too.---3

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Cheeseburger in Calif. Well, out for the first time in months. Schooner's for a cheeseburger but oh the rules, had to have a mask to get in to the outside serving area and the server had a face shield. Then finally the ... cheeseburger. Wimpy would have been so jealous. Ah, Nervana!

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Nice taters
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Next to the burger!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred....THATS what I call the nicest cheeseburgers I've ever seen. The tomato slice with the olive in the middle on each cheeseburger sets them off nice. Wimpy would gobble those babies up. Olive Oil would long to have such nice cheeseburgers and I'm sure Pop Eye would eat three cans of spinach just to be able to handle them.

I don't get it with the face mask.....did I hear that right...that some states say you have to wear a mask in your house?...ha! I'd like to see them trying to enforce that here.

Big rain tomorrow...up to four inches......-%
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah it's rumored here that we have to have a mask on outside, anywhere outside including your own yard!

Yes big rain, 50 mph winds! Worst of it along the coast. Just so long as the power doesn't go out- the central AC isn't wired up for the generator!

Mmmm cheeseburgers are my favorite.

Gotta try to get Claro to the vet to have her stitches removed. She sure is feeling better! She really want to play fetch!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Groan...........busted outta bed early today....10:45.......put my slippers on, belched, and blew a few fanny burbs....I'm ready for the day!

Yea Gunny....rain.....and lots of it........my scientifically designed spillways for the pond will be thoroughly tested today as the 8" pipe won't handle anything more than about a 2" rain.....my BIL says the extra water will wash out the spillways as his driveway gets hit several times a year.... and I told him, nope, "mass with velocity will cut a ditch but not slowly rising water and an easy flow". I imbedded many rocks into the spillway. I may be Italian but I ain't stupido....like my wife's grandmother used to say, "You STUPIDO!"

This guy never worked a full day in his life anyway.....I'd have respect had you said it....

Maybe I'll take a .22 and a brick of Target ammo into the loft...
It's the dry end and my neighbors are inside.....dunno......takes me about 2-3 hours to wake up.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I smell page 99. Either that or the stench from a liberal city like Philly is blowing this way..

You boys know we have a milestone coming up.......we are going to have to have a special prize for page 100.....we got cheated out of it last time by the liberal end of the board....

Let's start a list of prizes.....

I'll donate a used trailer tire

----thinking for Fred---maybe he can donate that waitress......just for a short while as she says probably a liberal....
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Lucked out, took Claro and had her stitches removed. I would have done it but figured a dr should have a gander just to make sure .

Good movie on, Mr Roberts. Boy that ensign Pulver was a putz! :lol:

It's been raining since 11AM, gentle rain which we really need. Looking at the radar, forecast this Fay should be out of here by 8PM. Sure hope the sump pump in the bunker is plugged in!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Seems we missed the chair throwing bar fight that made the scanner news at the hamburger joint last night.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Lane's doberman Boris just got off his restrictions with the vet. Rough go before that, verb implied.