The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey !! I got the fuzzy end of the lollipop AGAIN!!
When I posted earlier this morning I won page 80 now Fred is #1... what gives ?
40° and rain forecasted ...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny....you think Old Savage is stupid? He KNOWS winning a turnover page (80) yields better prizes so he just fixed it so he was the next up and drum roll please........WINS this eye loop that my father used in his watchmaking days after the war! Way to go Fred!

Yea Gunny....dreeeeaaaarrrryyy is the word that describes the weather today.

Did you know that President LBJ had a part of his body that was huge.....he was proud to show it off to his staffers......even had a name for it. .....Jumbo.... :D just how it was back in the day.... :D ..my wife tells me that why I am the way I am as I never changed to being "cultured" or politically correct. I've been on a roll lately watching the old sitcoms and the stuff they come up with is how I think but would never go over today.....Sanford and Son.....Seinfeld......Beverly Hillbillies.....movies like Blazing Saddles.......I watched the Dirty Dozen the other night with Telly Salvalas....one guy said to Telly, "hey Sarge, do we have to eat with"... :D

Have no idea why people have to be so stuffy and proper today......the things President Trump says is just how it was and to me, he is talking normal......."chithole countries" :D

Oh Fred...your prize...I'll throw it in the trailer with the logs.---6

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well that ain't fair !! If I was a snowflake I'd be protesting, marching , destroying stuff ! :lol:
Nope not fair
Nope
Not
Fair

:lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok you snowflake......YOU take the eye loop, the Targetmaster coffee mug underneath it and the fresh can of cherry Skoal.

I've been outside for the last couple of hours doing chores......miserable is the word.......on a positive note I found a new dump hole for the cat litter.......figure the litter is clay so what the heck.....I'll use it for a year then throw a Kubota bucket of dirt over it.

Well Joe Biden...."if it didn't have to be this way.......as to our 14% unemployment.........what would YOU DO?"......retarded dementia numbskull.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sadly I must Decline your generous offer on the loop( I have 2 and an opitvisor) and I'm not fond of the cherry skoal. However I will take the coffee cup!! :lol:

Oh and we are supposed to get SNOW tonight!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

That’s a 255 grain 45 long colt bullet in the middle of my 50-100-450 bullets. COME ON SQUIRREL SEASON.
835F4C30-84A7-4F94-A232-AAE78056393E.jpeg
9EF25A8C-EDA9-43E9-818A-9A0CB6194ED5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Holy cow a squirrel brain will fit inside that hollow point with room to spare!!

Just talked to my old shooting coach, he now lives in MO, anyway he just bought a Winchester 100 from a pawnshop for 460 bucks. Now he is looking for a factory rear sight- someone did a bubba on it. Anyone know a source ? He says gunparts is not operating due to chicom-19.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

520 grains with the hollowpoint.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Let's get some sense here, no buffalo about, maybe a .32.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's what I call a hollow point.......what is it with all this powder coating?

Don't your tarts realize that alox lubricant does more than just lube? As the bullet is traveling down the bore the centrifugal force throws the lube into the walls of the barrel, lubing it AND helping to provide a gas seal...plus acting as a coolant.....

Powder coating does what a fanny burp does...stains what it touches.

Nice looking bullets though!

The Ramen noodles...if I ate those I'd have an Meniers attack.....it's all salt and other unhealthy stuff...but it sure does taste good...if I still remember....

Fred's got buffalo out in LA? Well, I have crabs here in Pa.----6

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Where's that Sixgun character? I'm getting a piece of him.......caught him trying to steal my Jeep last week.......he was bad mouthing me and all you guys here's on the board, callin' you all a bunch of sissies......said he was gonna fly out to California and steal Old Savages soft stuff then backtrack through Maine and steal Jays Jeep, come south and take Gunny's dogs...ALL of em!

Beware of that rascal!----Jay Bird.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey it's finally February! 28 degrees, some snow on the ground! Not a lot but the first time I can remember snow in May!

Well if it's true that someone is going to steal ( or try to ) my dogs is in for a heck of a fight!

Didn't make it to the dealer yesterday, the sales person wasn't there, appointment this morning to do a meet/greet & test drive an Eco Diesel, yeah the 5.7 gas engine will set ya back in the seat but I can't see an average mpg of 14 anymore, besides I'm a diesel guy deep down.

Ok coffee is ready !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Mrs fwb and I have an appointment at. 1100 in Flemington NJ to pick up her new Subaru
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well that is just 15 miles away from me- unfortunately I have an appointment at 11 that's another 15 miles the other direction !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You guys have "appointments"? What are they?

"Eco Diesel" WTF is dat? Eco? In my view, the best diesel to hit the truck market is the one they put in the dodges from 2003-2006.....I think that they are the years....my son had one and near cried when he sold it......buddy at work has one and will never part with it, preferring to fix and repair than buy new.

Of course, there's no caparison to the extreme super mighty Kubota diesel, inline 4.

Tom buying new wheels? Like me, Tom gets his money's worth out of vehicles so the old one must have been beat.

Where's Griff been? Got down in the low/mid thirties last night.-------6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well you know all these tree hugging whale saving eco nazi's need trucks too so if the manufacturer calls it ECO - something they might get a Prius in trade! :lol:

Drove the ecodiesel, feels good for a 3.0 liter engine- good acceleration , lots of torque in LO range. Now I just have to decide if I want a big monthly payment!!
Of course the dealer wanted me to sign on the spot.

Yes, the best were the early to mid 2000s. I saw the writing on the wall and ordered my truck with the 5.9L in '06 and yes I'm keeping that truck !!
Last edited by GunnyMack on Sat May 09, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Mrs FWB crashed her beloved scion in October and has been hemming and hawing about what to get while driving her 08 king ranch. A couple weeks ago she decided on a whoopdedo for my Subaru. None like she wanted in Pa (not allowed to buy one if they had it) so bought one in Jersey. With 0.9 financing and maintenance for 24 months. I still have super duty, 09 mustang GT, and 66 pro street mustang project.
Last edited by fordwannabe on Sat May 09, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

If you had only looked at the Bud Lake Subrau dealer- just a mile from the dealer I was at !!

Did you pick up my lead and powder yet ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

She was set on General Lee orange and a stick. Not many have that combo
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Are you getting her a Confederate flag for the roof ?

Remember the show The Big Valley? Guy using a Marlin , early 336. I had to look/watch closer as it was still blued- not silver like all the Winchester's used on the shows.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

3 liter? That thing ain't gonna have no torque...........if your gonna buy a new one get what you want and something that's gonna have longevity........3 LITER.....sounds like something you would put in a golf cart or a kids go cart......3 liter!!!! Ha! Even Obama has vehicles that have more than 3 LITER.....anything lower would put you in the Prius energy range......well, on the other hand when the body rots out I guess you could always use the 3 LITER engine on a wood splitter or power washer. :D

On a serious note my buddy, "the other Gunny" told me the other day he now has 184K on his Ford pick up diesel which he bought in 2015......he happy with it except he don't like adding that stuff to it.

How about a Jeep pick up? Man! You would be the coolest guy on the board.....bright orange with 35" Super Swampers and 6" of lift!!----6

I was watching Bonanza the other day and Hoss was carrying a Henry......don't believe there were any cheap Italian reproductions in that time frame.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jack answer your phone
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That 3 liter makes 260 horse and 480 foot pound. It's just at half the displacement of my 5.9 which makes 325 horse and 650 foot pounds- nothing to sneeze at !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

So just stopped at my brass vendor as he was selling out. Got 4000 primers,14 pounds of powder, couple hundred cast 45-70 bullets, a bag of 38-55 a bag of 35 Remington and a little lead.
4F7CCF2B-76C8-4560-A86E-234B64FE7BDB.jpeg
Full of ww, solder, tin, antimony and a whole bucket of lino. Christmas in May.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well if the snow was a bit more widespread it would certainly be Christmas in May !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You got snow? Flurries here.....cold now.....

OK, OK...the phone! Tom makes a highway robbery......good..that's how you do it. :D

What a boring day.......extreme wind and cold ......moms day tomorrow......

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Snow far away in the mountains. None here, but 94° not conducive to snow.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure we had snow Friday night/ yesterday morning, flurries off & on all day yesterday. Wind was like having The Squad blabbering all day!

So I'm debating on which way to go for a sizer, lee push through or lubrasizer- let's hear the pros & cons?

Guess I'll do spring maintenance on the lawn tractor today. Sharpen blades, change the oil. Grass is starting to get going now.

So Tom I thought about your wife's new orange Subaru- you need to find a Betsy Ross flag decal for the roof!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! Been MIA for a while.
Lets see......
Jay Bird visit
Bullets that look like skittles
94 degree temps
Lead jackpot
Jeep pickups with swampers (only need a 2" spacer to fit 35s. A 6" lift would clear 42s.
Snowed all day yesterday.
Got out and did a little woods loafin Friday. Checked to see if my stands made it through the winter. Took an old 94 carbine along.

Oh! And our second grandchild was born. First girl since anyone remembers. They named her Cassidy. Her and her mom are doing great and back home. First Alaska native in the family also.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

CONGRATULATIONS Jay. You are the big winner.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you buddy! Yeah. We are pretty excited. My wife is like a puppy on crack. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Congrats GRAMPS!!Gonna start calling you Grampalo coat Jay !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha thanks Gunny!
Yeah, I'm old.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Dark Man!!!.....eeerrr Jay........Congratulations....you and I are now equal as to the number of grandchildren.....just 2 for me as I don't think my daughter is going to have children.....career focused......plus, me and her are two peas in a pod as to patience....."0"...

Anyway, you are now an "old fanny burp" and for that I'm going to send you Old Savages 32-20 bullets I was going to send him tomorrow. I'll just readdress the box.

Is Cody the one with the new child? Man! He's on a roll lately....and smart.....buying the guns before the kids seem to suck up all available cash. :D He shoot the 35 yet?

Tom needs an avatar...he looks stupid wth a question mark....

And that Old Savage...nasty......nasty......showing off that weather while we easterners suffer with cold, wind, rain.... ...I'd like to see what else he has in those pictures that we can't see.......probably hiding a lot of soft stuff in "the rough". :D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

His avatar should be that great big. 50 hollow point!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

You guys are right fordwannabe needs an avatar! Never really thought about it until now. I will do some pondering on it this week. You guys ponder on my question in the JW movie gun thread.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Pondering, pondering... not one of my favorite JW movies, I'll try to look for it next time it's on.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations OldWin on the grand daughter....... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks Six and Gamekeeper!
Yes, it is Cody. Yeah, he is quite character for sure. He is sticking with old west names. His son's name is Clay.
Yeah, I'm glad all three boys listened to me in that regard. I told them to get there guns and toys before having kids.

Hey! I think we should form a committee and all decide by vote what Tom ought to have for an avatar. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I swear on my parents graves that this is true.........

Me and mom are bs 'en when we got up...around noon........after the congratulations of Mothers Day......coffee...etc......and after the coffee kicked in I put in a nice wad of cherry Skoal and as the buzz was elevating I told mom, "in addition to our great fortune in life and with a promising afternoon on the horizon I feel today is going to be a GREAT and HAPPY day." So,we patted each other on the back, observed the bright sunshine outside and made plans for our private cookout this afternoon.

I go to the bedroom to get dressed......open the top drawer to get socks and notice some crumbs, dust, pennies, whatever on the bottom of the drawer. I said to myself, this has to go.......so I dumped out the drawer that contains my socks and underwear onto the bed, get a vacuum cleaner and suck up the dirt.

I begin putting my underwear and socks back in the drawer and I see something.....green.......whats this?.....I say to myself...
.........it's green and there's a lot of them.....a thousand dollars.......mmmmmmm...not bad.......must have been a while ago as the bills are all green, not the Monopoly money that's been common in the last few years.

When I'm in a hurry I have this habit of stashing loot under clothes and places where others don't look.......I honestly forgot about it....I'm not a rich guy by any standards but I do think nothing of dumping a grand or two on a gun or if I sell something, I'll just put the loot to the side and move on with life.

Yea....not bad......it's gonna be a great day......and if your thinking ....F. no! I ain't telling nobody but my buds. :D Combined house money, savings, etc. stays in the bank....MY loot stays with me..........oooooooohhhhhhhhh whistle.... whistle.....clap.... clap...smile ...smile.....dance...dance... ...party on dudes!..... .....------6

I HEAR YA JAY......(long John's and shorts) :D

Last edited by Sixgun on Sun May 10, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay.....mom just showed me the picture of you and your boys on Facebook......excuse my poor memory but is Cody the one son who is in the front or the back.......again. Please....what's their names again?.......Your one son looks EXACTLY like you where the other two take after Kristy......

When mom showed me the picture, I said, "I thought Jay had 3 sons.....didn't know he had twins".....mom tells me, " that's Jay at the top." :D -----6 o.....da bro wit da fro.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup. I'm standing in back. Cody is on the left, Tyler is on the right, and Cameron is in front.
Ty and Cam are my stepsons but most people in our own town don't even know. I have raised them since they were quite young. Their father lives down in Georgia somewhere and doesn't have anything to do with them. Cody is the same situation with my ex wife.
Some people are such P's O S it's unbelievable.
It has always just been Kristy, me, and them. They all have better jobs, educations and houses than me. They've all done well and we thank God every day.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Jay.....fine family and let this old guy educate you.......

Our house is also small.....just the way I prefer it and planned it [/b]......a small house is easier to maintain, heat, cool, and lots less in taxes to pay.......when we were young some other members of my family used to make remarks about our 1400 sq ft. rancher but funny thing as the years went on, they downsized! with most still having mortgages. Ha! No wonder I don't talk to any of them anymore. They all think they are DuPonts.

Ya know Jay.......small house=more Winchesters and Colts :D ---6. o de fro

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

WOW! So MUCH to catch up on! Had terrible internet while I ran around CO for 2-½ days delivering new kitchen & bath cabinets to different stores... Took nearly 24 hours to download emails, and loading a page, forget about it! WooHoo! 1st paycheck in 3 months!

I think I pulled or tore a ligament in my left shoulder... hurts to lift hand above my shoulder or straight out in front... This gettin' old stuff sucks! This because the manufacturer loads stuff all out of order... or it falls down behind stuff and I don't find until 2 or 3 stops later! And these idiots think I'm going to backtrack to give them their stuff for free! Snagging motel wifi while parked next door is like free government stuff! This having to order meals "to go" sucks... ordered Wings from Applebee's, asked for extra ranch dressing and celery... received no ranch dressing and no celery!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Six,

About that grand you found under your socks . . .

Did you know that the first place and experienced burglar goes to is the master bedroom? And in the bedroom he goes first to either the closet or the dresser? Well, he does.

Now you know.

Cat
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Catshooter, how's things in the great white NoDak?

Trick is to have a small house with a large basement.

Woke at 3 am with heartburn - enough to power a lead pot! Couple tumms and back to sleep.

Oh well...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Tum, tum, tum, tum............tuuuuummmmmmm.... :D

Cat.......we don't have burglars in this area.......we are proactive and shoot any suspicious looking individuals before they have a chance to act.

Yep Gunny....your right.....on the trick.......small house, full basement, garage with outbuildings equals small taxes and lots of fun.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well, wasnt even hardly worth going to the job today... just got home! But I did remember to take the bag of corn with me this morning for carp fishing off the new dock. Yes I even caught one, about 3 or 4 pounds. Then we did some clean up and quit for the day.

Now I'm thinking about going back to the dealer after lunch...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well the slack was taken up, the sear released and the truck I want should be here in about a week !! Delmonaco red, crew cab, ram boxes ( over the wheel wells) ecodiesel with 3.92 rear and 8 speed transmission as well as other assorted bells and whistles.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mopar! Yes!

Well, lets see if you keep this winning post buddy. :D