The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jay Bird

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Jay Bird »

Fred...mom looked at your woks and she said instantly, "they are professional quality, nothing like the cheap QVC junk we have."

She surprises me a lot. They say men play smart at home and play dumb at work where women play smart at work and dumb at home. As the years ...almost 48 .....have passed behind us the truth is coming out........now,I know why she has caught me in everything I've done wrong or sneaky. :D

What's the difference between "being woke" and "being wok"? . I don't know but it is the basis for a good joke.....something Gunny is good at.

Let's try one.......Obama..."Well people, it's time you get woke." The people...."Ok Mr. Ex President, tell Sasquatch the same thing or she gonna use her masculinity and wok you."
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:34 pm And Six, you demonstrated yourself as a true survivalist in the tornado incident not to mention the table saw anf the Tran Am. You survived the three Ts.

Fred....you have no idea....I've touched every letter of the Kings English and lived to tell about it.......no doubt, I have a guardian angel......been told that many times......been shot......almost drowned...(saved by an angel).....run over by my own Jeep......ran a chain saw half way through my leg 40 miles from civilization......was literally blown 5' in the air by an IED....been inside a trailer when the dolly wheels broke and everything, including me, a 10,000 lb forklift and tens of thousands of freight rolled over on the side and only one spot where nothing was smothered by freight, right where I was,.......I could go on but no need to.

I get a kick by so many people "professing to be religious"......I call that "weak mindedness"....I shut my mouth...I've seen it.-------6 ........o....da....happy bro...
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I won!!!! I'll take Fred's wok pot........I'm going outside...see you boys after it gets dark.....---6
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yes, the Spews Media has been spewing misinformation. Antibiotics kill bacteria. Bacteria can live without infecting another organism. Viruses cannot reproduce unless they hijack another organism and use it for reproduction. HIV is an example. Unless it infects a mammal, it dies. Pond scum is bacteria. Viruses are killed by such things as Lysol, UV light, boiling water, bleach, and your immune system. Chicken Pox is a virus. Herpes is a virus. Bernie Sanders is a bacteria.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I believe it bacterium in proper english ! :lol:

Hey Six won a page!! Woohoo!

I spent the afternoon cutting up a big oak, my 20" saw was just big enough to get through the stump end. This tree fell and was leaning on a black birch, my neighbor came over with his backhoe to dig out the root ball. This sucker was too heavy for his full size hoe to move! Finally got it down where it was safe enough to start cutting on. The Husky 550XP drank 5 tanks of girl scout juice! I got it all cut up, had a little winching and even had to get the big Cummins fired up to drag part of the trunk. Made a cut & got that out of the way then hooked a chain to the rootball, had all 4 tires spinning on the blacktop driveway- ok you can stay there and get buried!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just got my 77/22 out of the safe and dressed up in its fancy duds!
20200307_191831_copy_800x600.jpg
20200307_191811_copy_800x600.jpg
When I was in gummsmiff skool I used to hang out with the stock making instructor. Ed Shulin, RIP, was a great guy! Anyhow one day he says he has a tractor trailer load of blanks coming to his house and asked if I would like to help unload. Of course I would help as it gave me first look at what he got. Well I saw this blank and had to have it! Cost me 190 smackers plus 40 to get it semi- inlet. The rest is all me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Thanks Piller! You educated me.....with cats and dogs in the house we go through a lot of Lysol and bleach. Pond scum is bacteria huh? Come late July our pond gets lots of that but it usually depends on how much rain we get. Regular rain washes it down the creek.

Gunny...thats beautiful......I ain't joking, can I have it?....I'm impressed, especially with the cheek rest....not many people realize how many hours goes into a creation like that. That rifle would work for our long range smallbore Silhouette matches but.......that ancient but still useful Redfield would have to go......showing up at the club with "adjustments under the cap" with no paralex knob are outdated. They still work as I use a few but are a PITA for constant distance adjustments. Hard and time consuming to repeat. I've got spoiled with the Nightforce, Vortex Viper and the Nikon Black 1000. If I was rich like Old Savage I'd order a pallet of Nightforce scopes.

Dang near killed myself again today.....working with the Kubota at the pond.....underneath the seemingly dry dirt is slimy clay....tractor started sliding sideways into the pond and the wheels closest to the water went up to the axles. Using the loader to push myself out of it only pushed me closer to the water. Got the mighty Rubicon, put it in 4-1 low range, put the lockers on and yanked the semi-mighty Kubota right on out of there on to dry dirt. First gear in the Jeep in 4-1 is something.....engine is reving 3500 and the Jeep is going half a mile an hour.

Gunny.....you needed to cut more roots.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I got the wok off a tv ad in the late 70s. Pat just uses it washes it and oils it. Checked, they are available and that should keep momma busy for quite a while.

You have survived a number of incidents which indicate they are not done with you here yet. Or, they are entertained by your efforts and antics. ;-)

Figured I needed a 2 1/2" 686.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Fred.... A 2.5 686 is a seldom seen bird. Talk about a tough little package!!! The right size too as I've always felt a 27 is too big for the 357 and the 19 is too light.....the 686 and the Python I Frame is the perfect size.

You guys see this garbage. 15 MALES jumped on a lone 15 year old girl to steal her sneakers. WTF?!! . I swear, had I been there I would have used up what's in the 642 and the contents of two speed loaders. You would think one or two of the males would have had the decency to stop the others. ---6

There's another picture with the whole 15 of the tribe on top of this girl.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Actually when I bought the 77/22 we were going to start shooting small bore silhouette, that didn't happen , so I bought a Simmons 6.5-20 with turrets- this was back in '89 or '90 ? Now it just does a little plinking and squirrel duty. The 6.5-20 now lives on my 22-250 Mohawk single shot thumb hole I put together. No ya can't have, it's a slow twist .

As for digging roots, there are none left, tree was standing dead last year, gravity had taken hold, neighbor dug it up and out , just a heavy ***!

Daylight savings- change the clocks!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, et al, here is some 44 info. SBH is a 5.5". M24 is a 6.5".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice shooting OS.
The 44mag is next on my list to play with. Going to play with the loads a little. I have a couple handguns and a couple rifles.
I have a 629 and a 3 screw SB un handgun. A Winchester 94 Trapper and a Browning 92 in rifles.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, you are set then. Also have a 3 screw SBH. One guy here had a scoped 94 Trapper he used for deer getting around on an ATV. I have one in 45 Colt that shot about 3" sitting at 100 yds. with Silvertips with open sights..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I have an XS peep on my trapper, as it's an angle eject. It is pre-crossbolt but had the rebounding hammer. I didn't care for it, so I swapped in a late 60s lower tang and fire control group. It shoots pretty well.
I have been using IMR4227 in it with a 240gr. XTP. Going to keep the bullet, but make a powder switch.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Jay....YOU are a hardcore gun guy with lots of knowledge......you can tell me to go somewhere but.......if I was going to play with the 44 mag in a rifle I would buy the rifle of my choice and then have it rebarreled with the faster twist, like 1-18. THEN you would have something that would shoot the whole range of variable weighted bullets at whatever velocity you choose. The ones I had were good with some weights/velocities and terrible with others.

Fred...that's some shooting with the B-92....you still have that? I've always wondered if they used a different twist rate.

Talk about a nice day...California weather for a change......60 and sunshine...no wind.....I'd take this all year around.--6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. I've actually had good luck with both my rifles. That said, I've only shot jacketed 240s out of them.
I do have a gas check swc mold for 44. I've shot it in the handguns but have yet to try it in the rifles.
I stripped the old 73 down and cleaned it up Friday. Lots of Kroil and brushing. Insides are in great condition for a rifle that old.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Lyman 46 lists the B92 at 1:38". With this accuracy that combo would do for whatever I would consider. I have a Rossi 92 in ,45 Colt that shoots a custom Keith 360 very accurately at about 1350 and a Marlin 1895SS that is good with bullets 300, 350 and 400 grs and also with the rubber tipped 325s. Also a Win BB 94 in 444 with the coveted cross bolt safety the is quite accurate with 240s and 265s. Rather than change anything I would just go with one of these choices but the I never really change anything much.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Looks pretty good Jay....ain't it neat when you strip down one of these old timers and see the like new finish in the protected areas?

Listen.....carefully......but only listen if you like to shoot a lot.......yes, these 44 magnum rifles will drill those jacketed bullets into tiny groups but who wants to shoot tiny groups all day.....wadda do, shoot a couple of groups and go home then salivatate on the targets? Hell no, I'll load the 12-16 rounds in the mag and go-to-town blasting steel, rocks, things floating in the water..whatever.......it ain't no fun with full power loads......not much beats the grand old 38-40 and 44-40 rounds in their intended velocities for an afternoon of mental relaxation. The same can be done with the 44 mag with 200 grain cast at 1100-1300. But......that's me...if you like shooting shoulder thumpers, that's your business....I like to shoot a lot.

I'd comment saying ...or writing :D ......that my most pleasant memories and "fun things to do" is taking 2-3 hundred 38-40's or 44-40's out of a Winchester '92, '73, or probably my favorite, a Colt Lightning and going-to-town blasting.

Well, guys...outside I go.....gotta get myself into some kind of trouble or life just ain't fun....maybe head down to Targetmaster later and see what I can weasel out of those guys.----6...o...da bro wit the fro.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. I agree 100%. I don't load the 44 magnums all that hot. I probably never bothered with a cast load because if I'm going to shoot that stuff, like you, I'd rather shoot the old 38-40s and 44-40s.
They are the more fun to shoot than anything else. No kick, no noise, pure fun.
The closest a modern cartridge comes in a lever is the .357.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah well, big loads are to see what they are capable of. In the 45/70 25 gr of 2400 and any bullet weight is quite pleasant. In the 45 Colt maybe 7.1 gr of green dot or anything similar. The B92 has only those rds through it. Hundreds of rds through my Marlin 1895, To shoot a lot 45 ACP, 44 Spl. .45 Colt, 6 mm Rem., 243, 7 Mauser, .270, .30-06, 7-08, 30-30.

Now, on to salivating over targets .... absolutely with beer and a steak :-) I rarely shoot steel, too easy with what I shoot. The useful rounds here for deer and antelope are 243/6mm and up. In the old days I might put 300 through a 44 Spl,, 45 ACP or .45 Colt. Or I might do 100-150 through a 6mm, 270 or 30-06. That is long ago, faraway. Can't get there from here anymore.

Never shot as many as I think the Sixer goes through. I do have a 30-30 and a Mod 88 308 with about 600 through them and a few 1,000+ rifles ... almost all chronographed on targets at 100 yd.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here is one page of my 7-08 log. Did this sort of thing about 40 wks a year for 10 years. Similar #s for 6mm, 7 Mauser, .270, 30-06. I have a pretty good idea what various loads will do in my rifles. I have done the same thing with a number of other rifles with 200-600 rds.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gee you guys were busy this morning! I feel like a slacker as all I did was go blast a couple peasants-er I mean pHeasants with the mighty 28, then I got to splitting wood. A buddy of mine helped, by my figuring I've got close to 600 peices of red oak ready to be stacked. That's all but 1 price of the main trunk- we ran outta steam. Still have all the top of the tree to split- next weekend as I'm pooped!

I've never kept records unless I found a load that was fantastic. OS, I'll send you my rifles to work up for me, 375 H&H, a 7 Mauser, 257 AI ( never found a load that shot good at 100 but it does very well at 200) and a 308 post 64 model 70.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have records on a .257 I had. Wincheste.Feathweightr made in the 90s. It shot well with some loads, think I used 4064 with a 100 gr.

What kind of velocity are you looking for from the .375, what rifle?

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Update, dug out the records. 39.0.4064, 100 gr Sierra Spt - 3x 57" @ 100 yds. With the Hornady 100 .85" both about 3000 at the muzzle.

Put 468 through that rifle. If you want to know about other weights let me know. Six can probably tell you how these convert to AI.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Both rifles are ones I put together while in school. The 257 Ackley is on a Mexican Mauser, the 375 is an Argentine Mauser. This rifle is 25 years old I haven't shot it other than test fire chamber. I made a true 4 shot mag box for it.im thinking about getting a 250 grmould and make it a plinker rifle- who plinks with a 375 ? :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I had a mdl 94 in 44Mag. Hardest kicking rifle I've ever shot, even more recoil than my 7mmRemMag! Even when I load my 45 Colt rifles to 44Mag pressures, they don't seem to kick as much! But the only one load like that is the Rossi 1892, with heavy octagon bbl.

I tend to only load 200 grain LRN in the rifles, but... I shoot a lot of the RCBS 45-225-CAV with BP. Which sorta limits pressures. All pleasant loads.

Great weather here today also, had the son mowing the pastures, while I simply went around fences with weedeater knocking down weeds! Also mowed some with the new-to-me JD LX280!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well GM that is just what my friend Ron Carmichael who used to write for Hand Loader did with his Browning 375. I have a target he shot that has a quarter inch group at 100 yds for three shots. Probably 2500 fps, We were shooting together when he shot the group.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I had a big day...weather was so nice I never came into the house until after dark.....buddy of mine stopped over and we bs for awhile. Talked guns and other trash.

Gunny has a Mexican Mauser??? Is it legal? How did you get it and did it come with a green card?

I'm anal with record keeping. I want to know everything I did and what worked and didn't work. I've recorded every shot out of every gun except rimfires although I did record twelve thousand rds out of a Ruger semi auto Mark two.
Last edited by Jay Bird on Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Taken in beginning of January

January 15

Today

Today...still have a long way to go...lots more finishing work and grass planting

Another view...today

Almost dark

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I guess the reason I've not kept records is because I don't shoot my rifles enough , I develop a load ,say for elk, my 338 WM liked blc2, Hornady 225, I found a load that shot 5/8 or so at 100 and called it good, a true German Mauser, it was a complete K98. Since I haven't elk hunted in 12 years I have no need to load more now.
My ars again I developed loads for then just loaded hundreds of rounds. The only rifle I haven't been able to get to shoot at 100 is that 257AI, Not a load with any & every bullet I tried shot worth a hoot at 100 but I found it shot extremely well at 200 and beyond- the 'going to sleep' therory I suppose.
Six I have 2 beaners, the other Mexican Mauser is a 7x57, I originally made it for a friend as a full stock , I didn't like the way it looked forend shaped out so I cut it back to a normal stock, sent him the rifle and he sent it back saying it was too large of a gift to keep. Of course this guy had 2 walk in vaults so he didn't NEED another ! This also needs to be worked up.

ah well time for some java
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, quite the project you have going. And, I suspected you had a cavern of records by the amount of specific data you can provide on a wide range of ballistic issues including the general and specific in guns and loads.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea Fred.......when I'm an ah it's the Italian side coming out and when I appear to be smart, the German side kicks in. My maternal grandfather was a chemical engineer for the Nazi's who spoke five languages...I can barely get through English. My Italian side predominates as it's fun to be stupid and carefree. Who wants to be smart? Too much effort.

Well Gunny....come on over and give me a hand....."thinking" of getting a load of 1" stone today for the "road" next to the pond.---6....o....da..bro...wit...the fro...............see? I'm 65 and still an ah.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Wellllll... my heritage seems to be Scots & English... quite the dichotomy. The Scots wins out, as I don't like record keeping much either... still organizing my 2018 tax records... mostly done, but need a few more deductions... and let's not talk about 2019! Gun records: Ok, I keep a current inventory. Date purchased, what accessories I added, when, costs, and current value... sorta current. As for rounds fired, who gives a chit? Not me, I sell 'em as LNIB... unless they're not, then it's "well loved and gently fondled!" Out of 4 guns I've ever sold, I've bought two back... and I don't care how many rounds they consumed while in someone else's care. I have plaques on the wall and a few trophies to remind me how well a particular gun(s) & I performed together.

Tho' I do admire someone that keeps meticulous records. I used to do that in Navy, and in my previous jobs in CA & TX... and in my truck driving career... why the HE double hockey sticks would I consider doing so for a HOBBY?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

By the way Sixer, I could use your help redoin' my pond! Is that pipe you're spillway, or an inlet? I'd love to use that as my spillway! As is is now, my drains from the front and then around the side where my shooting berm is. During the "wet" season I have to slog thru a muddy patch to get to and from my target stands.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've always been a very neat and organized person. Why I became a machinist I guess.
It doesn't seem to spill over into my guns, however. I have no clue as to round count on any of them. I usually work up a good load for something, write it on a post it note, and tuck it in a loading manual. I may come back to it years later and play with it some more, maybe not.
My gunroom is neat and picked up. All my ammo, parts, and loading supplies are pretty organized, but information and load data for individual guns isn't.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

If I get a new rifle I chronograph a couple types of factory ammo as a base frame of reference. Then I chronograph a likely candidate load or two. Then I check the reloading manuals to see if any are close to matching that rifle. Next is experimentation for accuracy.

Pistols I just compare functional loads for accuracy.

I record all or most of this.

Had a fellow here once that asked what I was smoking on 6mm Rrm loads I reported. Since I had used the chronograph across many rifles and loads I knew the data was accurate. The rifle had a fast barrel. In fact the factory rebarreled it due to an out of round chamber with the second barrel being a bit different. I concluded this fellow had little experience with that round.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Naw Six my to beaners dont use shovels, no arms!! :lol:

I'm like you buffcoat, I just write the load for a particular rifle on that page of the reloading manual, cant loose the post it note that way! One thing I do do ( yup I said doo doo ) is load 100 of a particular accurate load so I have em on hand. When they are gone I load em again unless I have a whole lot of brass, 223 & 308 I have thousands of accuracy loads loaded made up, packed in vacuum bags by the 100.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I smell page 58.

Griff.....the "pipe hole" you see is the inlet....nothing more than 8" extremely heavy pvc pipe with a 90 degree turn on it. That alone cost me close to 2....yea....got robbed. Here's a pic of the outlet...it's 16' long.--6

Got a ton of 3/4" stone today...it's all I can safely carry on the trailer which is rated for 3,000 lb. I don't need to get into an accident and hurt someone because I was too lazy to go back a couple of times. I need to go back and get another load.

This is a ton of stone....as you can see it was mushy in a couple of areas...another load will cure that.

Me and Miss Apple..I'm giving the one fingered salute to my pals. They know who they are. :D

Emergency spillway when heavy rains come as the pipe won't handle a 4" rain

Miss Twinkles being nice to me so she can eat outside on her "deck"

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Pretty good job six.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

harry wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:51 pm Pretty good job six.
Thanks Harry...a LOT was done with a shovel, pick, rake and other hand tools....heavy work was with the Kubota.......we Italians are noted for our strong backs.

How's things out your way? Last pic I saw you looked about half frozen. For real...we didn't have much of a winter at all.....first time in my 65 years of living here I never saw any ice more than a 1/4" thick and that even melted the next day.

I said on another thread that I believe there's more to this corona virus thing than what they are telling us....today, it was announced the entire school system has been shut down.....not one district ...every one in the surrounding 30 miles....
Not sure about Philly, but those kids don't go to school anyway.---6
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

We’ve had snow on the ground since Thanksgiving, a few -25 or so days, mainly been around 0. It was 62 on Saturday though. Been out shooting coyotes, jackrabbits and a little ice fishing. Nothing like sitting on a 5 gal bucket at 0 or colder drinking a few beers and a little schnapps.
Trump 2024

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

harry, harry, harry? You know there is a southern Calif. ???
Why are you staying there ????

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Sorry OS, but I could not stand a climate like CA, AZ, FL. I love the winter, summer was always for working, fall and winter for fun.
Trump 2024

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

We've a real mild Winter here. It was a damp 64º today, didn't get anything solid accomplished, except the grocery shopping!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Here's a shot off the patio while cooking some pork ribs for dinner:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ok, and a view of the back porch! Ok, might be a mite redneck, keeping the lawnmowers on the porch!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Cool griff, I have a grill and 30 gal drum of red durum wheat on my porch, I make my own flower.
Trump 2024

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I couldn't get leverguns site to open early this morning, tried the phone, ipad but nothing worked .

Hey Six why dont you come up here and give me a hand with all this firewood- bring that Italian back of yours!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OK...ok.....I'll be up Gunny.......I love doing physical work...for real......saves me a membership to the gym..... :D

My blessings to Harry......for the better part of my life I always preferred the winter then as I aged I noticed depression setting in during Jan-March, especially after I retired. Vitamins and other essentials are needed now where before I never took anything.

The mind is a strange organ constantly fooling you into needed change during different periods of your life. Ahhhh...to be 40-55 were my best times.........all the trees were planted and ditches dug, knowledge and wisdom gained, kids grown and gone, bills were paid, could run uphill on big mountains and not get out of breath, lots of loot to play with, Pete still worked pretty good, ......... ......

Griff.....who G. A. F???.......it's your adobe.....we have animals all over the place......we buy used furniture at auctions for pennies and dump it every couple of years....(because of the animals).....guns all over the place, mostly loaded... :D ......heat with wood.....Some people call my style redneck too but in reality, it's just an old fashioned way of living....STRESS FREE, easy living at a time when the mind can't deal with stress.----.....I do require neatness and near extreme organization...-6 o...da...bro...wit...fro
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well....according to ABC News we are headed for serious times. For the first time, the Costco near me was MOBBED today.

The panic is starting

People in parts of Italy cannot get food.

The entire school and college system around here is shut down. My daughter, who was here today, told us the major pharmaceutical company she works for has shut down and she is told to work from home....

well.....I think I'm gonna join Elizabeth Warren for a beer. :D

Lock and load....I'm gonna go out and stock up on petrol...----6....o................da dude wit petrol. (Soon)