The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by fordwannabe »

Check is going in tomorrow’s mail Jack.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I win I win! That is two pages in a row boys.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I forgot...will get the mould in tomorrow's mail...I promise!!!! Been casting and loading 44 Maggie's with a mighty load of 7.5 gr. Of 231 and a very heavy 210 gr. Bullet......the BIG match this weekend.....Be there!!!!!!!

I hear rain and it ain't gonna take much for me to bunk it.

I ain't even cashed the last check.....I'll wait for them both to be together. In fact, I can't remember the last time I left the house.

This don lemon guy sure is a queer lemon.----he's a tooter ain't he?

Code 1
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Tom won a page.....you win BIG.....I award you Jay's ice shack and full contents including any unopened beer. :D

Congratulations?????----6

Code 1
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey, hey, wait a minute. I'm all for a big winner.....and Tom is great an all.....but my ice shack?.....and all the cool contents.
I don't think so.
Tell you what Tom. You can borrow it whenever you want. Stop by the house and pick up the key on the way by. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You guys started another page! Already!! I couldn't keep my eyes open last night, I'm reasonably sure I was asleep before 845 last night! Of course that means I woke up at 445!

231, another powder I need to try! What kind of velocities do you get with 7 grains?

Gee can I use Toms ice shack too? Might by summer before I can get there so maybe a canoe would be better.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Just bought a lb. of 231 and a lb of unique ... $30 total.

High falutin tea here with a stainless Mora Garberg survival knife.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have used 231 in my powerhouse rifle....Marlin 1892 in ....32 LONG Rifle. Ok may have to load some of the 32 shorts due to the flinch I developed from the more powerful round. :shock:
On a side note I spoke with a gentleman this morning from Montana that repairs and restores old weaver scopes. I will be shipping out a post and cross all steel K2.5 on Saturday while our venison ring baloney smokes for 6 hours.
He cleans, relaminates the glass, re seals, and nitrogen purges these old scopes for $100. He also offers totally restored scopes but in my opinion a brand new old weaver wouldn’t look right on a old 1891, or 1892. Eventually I will send him a couple scopes if they provide the service as they claim. Turn around time is about a year less than ironsight’s website claims.
Seemed a nice enough fellow.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jay ol buddy thanks for the offer to use the ice shack buuut I don’t “do Maine”, anymore. Something about a woman up there that used to share my last name and all my money. Kinda makes Maine seem small due to the remote possibility of running into her somewhere. For two or three 38-55’s I MIGHT risk it but for a weekend in a fishing shack AIN’T NO WAY.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

231......use it where you would use Bullseye.....only a tad more......slightly less pressure spike......you can use it for mid range loads too.

7.5 grains with a 210 44 caliber bullet in the mag will yield 860 fps.

Tom....use code 3 for this 9505816146260030240246 .ooooooooooooo, let's see what it is...ooooooo :D

I see Old Savage is back in town......well rested........

Tom...let Jay keep the ice shack.....Him and pops spend quality time there........instead, you can have free rental space in his dooryard.---6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey, I get it Tom. I got one of those in NH. Nothing there I want.
So, Six says you can use my dooryard instead. Now I certainly don't mind, but what did you do to Pizz him off? :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey OS,
I didn't know you drank "High Falutin'" tea. :D
Sometimes when we are hunting or ice fishing, we will stop and "boil up". We get our tea from Canada. It's King Cole loose leaf. We make it "cowboy style", like our coffee, and she'll make a man outta ya or kill ya. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

To be sure, the ladies drink that. i drink the standard Lipton. 😋
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ya know...we have real "diversity" here.....Old Savage, the cultured hi falutin tea drinking intellectual at the top with non working red neck hillbilly, drunk, do-it-yourself bum me at the bottom.....in between we have working stiffs who pay the income of the top and bottom bums.......hey! Kind of like society, ain't it? :D I prefer being at the bottom, no headaches, no bills, no worry and the only place I can go is up.......which I don't want to do......

In my next life I want to be a dooryard, just hanging around with people dropping stuff off to me...free......

Got to get me a life...maybe test out these 210's at 50.------6

Code 4
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

fordwannabe wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:43 pm I have used 231 in my powerhouse rifle....Marlin 1892 in ....32 LONG Rifle. Ok may have to load some of the 32 shorts due to the flinch I developed from the more powerful round. :shock:
On a side note I spoke with a gentleman this morning from Montana that repairs and restores old weaver scopes. I will be shipping out a post and cross all steel K2.5 on Saturday while our venison ring baloney smokes for 6 hours.
He cleans, relaminates the glass, re seals, and nitrogen purges these old scopes for $100. He also offers totally restored scopes but in my opinion a brand new old weaver wouldn’t look right on a old 1891, or 1892. Eventually I will send him a couple scopes if they provide the service as they claim. Turn around time is about a year less than ironsight’s website claims.
Seemed a nice enough fellow.
Is it one of the rifles with interchangeable firing pins for either rimfire or centerfire rounds?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey now, I drink tea, coffee, bourbon too but I prefer sour mash - especially in my tea!!
Left work, go past my road on my way to the chiropractor, as I'm coming back up the hill all kinds of red & blue lights flashing! Huh. A fire truck, chiefs truck, brush truck and a squad car at the house on the end of the road. Seems they forgot to have the chimney cleaned. Well its CLEAN now after the chimney fire!!

I've seen that dangerous game rifle of Tom's! He offered to let me shoot it but it scared me too much thinking about the 2 foot pounds of recoil it might generate! :lol: Hey did that brass work I sent you?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Puller, yes it be that
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Monday morning I went for a PET scan. Got the results today. NO CANCER! They found one place in my left cheek that MIGHT be, very faint, but want to do a biopsy of the saliva gland there!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

That's super news Griff! Snorting all that Bullseye when you were young must have given you immunity.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Here I thought only black powder was athe only cure-all!?
I'm happy for ya Griff!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:23 pmHere I thought only black powder was the only cure-all!? I'm happy for ya Griff!
Yep, it's all about the black powder! Thanks guys!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

You can snort black powder? Does it have to be 4-F?--6

Code 5
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Good news, Griff! Glad for you.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Great news Griff! Glad to hear, buddy.
Comes from runnin all them 94s and single actions all those years.😁
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, days of yesteryear, Sword & Sabre Ball. Eileen was chosen queen. Bordentown Military Institute 1965.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Great picture OS! That is just awesome!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Jay,
YOU are in BIG trouble......send back the Flattop.........what's this Pelosi about YOUR senator voting to have witnesses?

Get in the rubicon ...go down to the state house and straighten this out. You tell this Collins beech she is DONE. ....
and you will take her place.

I never liked Romney even though I voted for him......two face mf.....even though his state is overwhelming republican he still wants witnesses.....sounds like a personal vendetta.......

What's the story up there? Is she taking heat?---(you can keep the flattop but I want the ice shack)---6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Neat pic Fred...I bet after the ceremony there was some ... 😋.--6

Is that you?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Don't get me started bro!
I have hated this thing fence straddling useless waste of skin loser for 20 years. This sheet is nothing new. I have flatly refused to vote for this scumbag for years. I HATE HATE HATE HATE her. She is worse than the Democrats. A female John McCain.
Problem is, you got all these "Republicans" that come election time say...."weeelllll, it's the only choice we have". Winey pieces of Pelosi. Then, the Democrats all vote for her cause they know she really is one of them.

Like I said......don't get me going man.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Dang bro....truly sorry........that's why I asked you......we don't hear about her......so my take is that she is less than a rino.....a republican in name only......just the way she talks she sounds lib......

Wow! You guys have work to do...that beech has to go.

Are we still pals? --6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh no worries buddy! Ain't got an issue with you.
It's the losers here who can't see her for what she is. Not to mention the losers who vote for the ones like the current governor.
Thing is, our last one was the BEST! He is running again next time.
I worry it will be the same when Trump finally goes. It will swing back the other way worse than it was before.
I called it here when LePage got elected. It was great for eight years. Now.....not so much.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

In my mind I always looked at Maine as different from the rest of the New England states, being more rugged with the people to match it, unlike Conn., Mass, and especially R.I.where the "intellectuals" rule.

Much to the dislike of most Dems, Pa is still pretty much a red neck state, but you know the problems with Philly and the Pitts. :D

The way "they" are breeding it's only a matter of time before normal people get outvoted.

Well Jay, I'm hitting it.......you be a good boy at work and don't let your hot dog stand!---6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six ... in the old days #15. Just was sent these pics. Wasn't it all fun.😊

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OS, that pic explains a lot! That's why my over-protective mother refused to let me play football... which I didn't really aspire to... enjoyed swimming too much. Loved the breast stroke, and think fish is as good as steak! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey take it to the politics page!!

I was to be a starting center freshman year of high school, 5-10 & 180 lbs I wanted to play but the summer before I developed tendinitis in both knees! Dr said no you don't! So I just kept shooting and haven't looked back.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You don't look like you're having fun OS. :D

Gunny,
I told Six not to get me started. :D
I'm better now. :D

Ok. Gotta swill another coffee, then I'm headed out to shoot that Flat top if Six's and try my old Springfield with the new Ed Brown barrel and bushing I just fitted.
If my old Springer blows up, you guys will have to fight my kids for my guns....... and buffalo coat.
Oh, then there's the Jeep and the Harley too.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jay, don’t hold back on our account tell us what you really think of her.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha, I been waiting for that!
It goes back longer than I care to remember, buddy!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

What? Fred #15? Gunny..5'10 180 at 14 years old? Jay...sold the coat? Griff...doing the breast stroke?(that's Fred's job)....Tom is dating Jay?.....no,wonder I sleep so much...aint no way I'm gonna be able to get up at 6.

I like the pic of Fred.....for some reason, I don't picture Fred as a football player...I look at Fred as the guy behind the bar, making tall drinks for good looking women and offering advice on lovin'......driving an imported sports cars that's low to the ground with a wet bar in the back seat that folds into a bed....

Got to be more than that going on.......wish this b.s. In the congress would end....---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Zing! Hey thats a piece of 1911 slide ! Just missed my ear!!

Yup I was a big kid!

Just saw that what's her name is NOT voting for witless witnesses- so the proceedings are about over. Of course Schumck and Piglosi wont give up so get ready for something new!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny.....your supposed to hold your hand over the extractor when you pop out the pin.

I never got past 150 until I was about 30 then with the help of alcohol I zoomed right up to 180.

Ain't accomplished nuttin today....feel like a bum.-----Code 1
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

I’m fixing to buy 10 acres of land about 25 miles NE of Three Forks MT. Plenty of elk, deer and turkey hunting.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well nothing blew up!
Man! I ain't shot a single action in a while. Woo! I was rusty. Thing is smooth as silk. Thanks again, buddy.

The star of the show was my old Springfield. That thing ran 100% as usual. The Ed Brown barrel sure does shoot. Ragged holes at 15yds.

My cheapie Commander knockoff runs pretty good. Not sure I will keep it.
I'm thinking of selling it, my Springfield Loaded Micro Compact, and my Argentine. The oldest boy wants the Argentine.
May pick up another Colt with the money.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Naw Six I was poking fun at OldWin- he was worried his 1911 was going to blow up! :D

Decided to get Chinese food tonight, sitting in the restaurant waiting, a woman just walked in with enough perfume on to know a buzzard off a manure spreader!! Gawd I hate that!! I mean geeze is their BO that bad ? !
No I'm not worried about coronavirus! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Two things I don't do...buy copies of great guns..you will get bored fast and will take a 50% loss when you sell it.

I don't eat Chinese food because they have poor ethics....you might be eating the neighbors cat or catch some nasty disease.

A buddy sent me this old video of Donald Trump helping Adam Schiff with weightlifting. Could not believe they were actually pals at one time.---6

https://attachment.outlook.live.net/owa ... ation=true
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It the only way I tolerate cats :D

Your link is just like congress- it don't work :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

It worked for me but only twice....third time it didn't work. Try again, if not I'll email it to ya.
https://attachment.outlook.live.net/owa ... .com&isc=1
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nope- ya don't have to.

Boy the 17th can't get here soon enough! Claro is CRABBY!! Parker is constantly getting growled at! Yeah she really isn't going to be happy after the surgery ,I'm sure Parker is going to really get the fuzzy end of the lollipop then!

I'm going to look into water therapy for her late spring & summer rehab. Gotta get the Bionic Brown back into shape!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

DINNER TIME!!!

Salmon steak, red potatoes with chili & cayenne pepper, avocado... oh yeah! Tasty and sparks are gonna fly!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey Griff...more than sparks are gonna fly........BTW...looks good, for real......looks like thunder is building up, especially about when you wake up in the am.

And YOU, Master Gunny......ya better train those dogs to be attack dogs.....this country is falling apart...see those nuts at the NYSE? Then, they are saying Trump is going to be "reimpeached". WTF????????? Now ya know why firearms in OUR hands is so important.------

Code 3.....I'm thinking here..do I need an AR wth me on the way to the gunclub tomorrow? cant believe what's going on.....on the verge of turning off the TV for good.....