The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jay Bird

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Jay Bird »

Sure David......makes lots of sense.....no matter what people do in life it's always to a "degree". For instance, some may have a classic car in the garage where Jay Leno has a warehouse full. That's what is great about this country, we can all choose our "degree levels". :D

Keeping it simple makes you sleep better.....I ain't slept in a couple of years. I know some guys who just have a simple RCBS JR. press, a balance scale and a set of dies for a couple of calibers.---6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey...page 44....I would have had FOUR in a row if it wasn't for that stupid Old Win guy. Such a spoiler!

Four in a row would have netted me Gunny's chain saw collection.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well gents lookie what I brought home from the club meeting!
20200125_151707-768x1024.jpg
The winner of our annual trap shoot gets to have the trophy for a year.

Your file cabinet press set up reminds me of my collage days, we weren't supposed to reload in our dorm rooms, we did though. We all had quick disconnecting presses. Heck we had a mole in the administration so we got a heads up when a dorm check was coming down. We could clear 20 rooms in less than 2 minutes of guns, ammo & reloading equipment!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well I truly am sorry, Six.
On the plus side, you win Gunny's trophy for pg.44! :D

Congratulations Gunny! Great job buddy.
Now give it to Six. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OldWin wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:29 pm Well I truly am sorry, Six.
On the plus side, you win Gunny's trophy for pg.44! :D

Congratulations Gunny! Great job buddy.
Now give it to Six. :D
Oh man! This Old Win guy is the BEST! I win a shotgun trophy and my guess is I've never shot more than 500 rds of shotgun shells in my life.

I'm am busy at the moment Jay...can you make an expedited trip down to Gunny's to retrieve it for me?.....of course, bring the B Coat in case he has anything left out in the open.

For real....congratulations Gunny.......winning the "big one" ain't easy when your up against a group who all want it. I'm impressed........maybe........just maybe..........we should rename the Gun Room thread to the "Winners Circle" as we are ALL winners here!----6

Thought for the day......"No one remembers who came in second place". Win...win....win.....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I know who was second, I was shooting his gun- and beat him with it !!
Today it was suggested that from now on I have to shoot a 410!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh man! That's bad...getting beat with your own gun. He'll take that to his grave.

There are items I'll never loan out.......anything with a title/license plate or anything that shoots.

Code 2
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I was shooting one of my Perazzis, got a shell stuck after the extractor slipped up and over the rim. So I borrowed an old Charles Daly , it wouldnt fire the top barrel so I had to borrow a 3rd gun to finish the shoot. It was a Browning 725. I dont usually get along with Brownings as the dimensions aren't what I like. After I got home I got my gun straight and fixed the inertia block problem on the Daly.
Now since I won the shoot I'm in charge of planning next years shoot. I'm planning on a walking course, need to round up a couple more traps too.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

When you talk, you leave questions......you couldn't stick a knife in the Perazzi to pop out the empty? You borrowed a Charles Daly and then took it home? When you took it home was Jay lurking behind the bushes?

The only real question is the stuck empty.....looks like to had to take extractor apart...figures...dumb Italians.---6
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I had a KMart junker as a kid. The ejector would often slip over the rim of the shell and lock up the gun. I had to learn to carry a screwdriver with me when I went hunting. As soon as I got the money, I bought a better gun.

Other than buying a better gun, how would you be able to fix the issue of an ejector being so loose in the gun that it jumps over the rim of a shotgun shell almost every time? Your trouble with the Perrazzi reminded me of that old junk I had.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Piller...I ain't Gunny but with a cheap gun it's usually the sloppy tolerances......you have to get a fatter extractor and fit it more tightly so there's no wiggle or that the extractor itself wasn't machined right.

My guess is that with Gunny's Perazzi, which is a high dollar gun, it was probably a round that was loaded too many times or a brand that had a smaller rim and allowed the extractor to slip over.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six Six,Six of course I tried the knife blade trick. Unfortunately the case was wedged under the extractor and I couldn't get enough leverage on it. No rod on site to get the round out either. I had to take it apart to get the extractor out, toothpick is all that is required to remove the extractors. When I tried to put it back together I couldn't get the forearm back on! Why you ask, well I'll tell you, I bent a part unknowingly. After I got home and 2 hours of head scratching I finally looked at my other Perazzi and found the problem, it was bent .010"- a couple light taps and the forearm went back on like new.

Now my Redheaded Stepchild, the 12 ga o/u I 'built' from a box of parts had no provision for extractors/ejectors, nor did we figure out how to cut the receiver for them. Being a 'one of' I really didnt want to screw up the receiver so the extractors are only powered by coil springs. It took some time to find springs that were just right to collapse when closing the gun but strong enough to lift the shells out when opening it.

Actually Six the Perazzi is almost 50 years old and the extractors are close to worn out. It's my backup gun so it's not a #1 priority. Oh and it was an OLD federal hull.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ok Master...I was close though...I want to know...what are YOU, Mr #1, doing with a worn out gun? Huh? Huh? That's like me shooting an Italian levergun at the big match....or Jay using a piece of plywood with a lawnmower engine on it for a snowmobile.....or Griff using a pick up truck to haul 30,000 lbs of material across the country ....or.....or ...Old Savage at a pay-by-hole golf course.....or...or....Fordwannabe driving a Chevy......or..or....I'm going to bed......

Tomorrow's another day......
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Jack, the BAMM match is kinda informal at our club... but loads of fun. I'm using a 190 gr GC RP @ !1500fps..., as are most of the others... and yes, when I do my part it's awesome! We typically only shoot two "stages" of fire in the time allotted to us, 10 rounds supported, and another 10 rounds unsupported. Our targets are really very far, between 35 & 75 yards, I don't think any of us has ever used a rangefinder to see just how far they are... I just use the same elevation as I do for 100 and don't have any issues... except like today... the unsupported in the windy conditions played havoc with my shot/hit ratio!!!

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I know that I'm on the downhill side of the "getting better" thing! Maybe in a few more days, I won't be embarrassed being seen in public.

Man, I REALLY need to put my 1911s on paper! Every time I think I've got my sight picture figured out... I'm surprised as I seem to go from hitting consistently to missing. Those little 5" round floppers on dueling trees are simply damnable. If the weather doesn't improve, I might have to get out to an indoor range!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff....I think I know what your "45" problem is....you need to take the same ammo and put it out n a 30 rd. stick magazine and from there put it a Tommy Gun....switch it to full auto and you'll hit em all. See? Easy!

At our age we no longer feel embarrassed....we've all been there in one form or another. You ought to see what a 4.5 lb.block of 8" x 8" Douglas Fir going a hundred miles an hour does to a persons face. We are with ya bud.

For some reason I said I was going to bed two hours ago....ahh what the hell...I aint going to work....---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The extractor for the bottom barrel is worn, not the gun itself. When I bought this one it was in very bad shape, top lever was cracked and about to fail. The trigger group was very difficult to remove, the locking bolt was very worn. $400+ in parts and labor from Giacomo Sporting in Upstate NY to get it back up and running. Giacomo has since retired but he was the #2 man for Perazzi until he moved here to the states.
Normally I shoot AAs and Remington hulls, I 'discovered' a few thousand federal hulls in the basement and decided to load and toss them to clean up some. Again the shell that stuck was a federal, extra high brass on the offending shell. Hadn't had this issue with AAs or Remington hulls so the worn extractor wasn't ever an issue .

Griff , no need to be self conscious, it's your health at stake! Just get yourself a white tshirt and a black sharpie, put on it something like-
This is what happens when you when you don't eat your vegetables
I used to be a model
See what happens when you look at Hildabeast( think Medusa)

Oh well what can I say other than COFFEE ! Black Rifle Coffee!! Sure wish I could find a use for all the stickers they send.

Oh hey, a neighbor of one of the club members passed away, guy had 5 94s, the member bought all 5 for $800! Not sure exactly which /what they are but apparently one has extremely nice wood.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Five 94's for 800 bucks? That's getting into buffalo coat territory. :D
Always makes you wonder what they were for 94s. :mrgreen:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

44s for 44 ;-)

Oh wait, some 45 ACPs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

That Old Savage!!!!!! .. He ALWAYS has to have two of everything in a picture! Wonder why? .............Good 'ole Mr. Soft Stuff!

5 ninety fours? Buffalo coat territory? And I was sleeping? Well, I've seen '94's that wouldn't bring $800 for a dozen of them while others will bring $800 just for the sights...............Go! Get em! Now!!!!! For real..the expertise is here fo the people involved.

I've gotten a fair amount of guns from estates.......it's really easy.... .....I tell the people to take the gun to several gun shops of their choosing and ask what they will give for them......then come see me....they don't even need to tell me what the offer was
as I always beat the offer. It's fair, no one gets robbed and I get a fair deal to which I can always sell it for that price or more...

Glad I don't have no Perazzis to work on.....that gun must have been shot quite a bit to somewhat wear it out......I bet the barrels are smooth and it patterns nice.---6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Now I know why Black Rifle coffee tastes so good. Katie Pavlich from Fox News.---6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Excellent 😋 Excellent ;-) Excellent !!!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:39 pm Excellent 😋 Excellent ;-) Excellent !!!
Fred.....you have NO IDEA how much I'm laughing right now...I'm literally rolling on the floor.

This is the M.O.----Gunny forever talks about Black Rifle coffee...I like it too......so I typed in the necessary letters, hit "images" and poof! ...up comes the best of both worlds.......smokin' hot Katie and Black Rifle coffee. Very clean and postable.......

My inner dialog told me, "Fred's going to be the first to respond as this guy can sniff this stuff out.....something is going to tell him to check out the Gun Room post.......guaranteed, Gunny will be next..
:D ---6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

😊😋😁😜😂

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure got us pegged !

Sure she is pretty but can she shoot?!

Parker got a bird today, I got 3 and the guy that hunted with us got 2.

Perazzi's are quite easy to work on, the trigger group drops out by pushing the safety forward past 'FIRE' in Olympic shooting if you have a breakdown you have 10 minutes to make repairs. Most guys have multiple guns so just grab the backup. Firing pins, hammer springs are very easy to swap, butt stock comes off without needing to remove the recoil pad via a hex wrench. It's so simple an Italian could do it- oh wait an Italian designed it! Sorry Jack I couldn't help myself :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:47 pm Sure got us pegged!

Sure she is pretty but can she shoot?!

Parker got a bird today, I got 3 and the guy that hunted with us got 2.

. It's so simple an Italian could do it-
Yes

Yes

Great!

Thank you!!

As Old Savage has a degree in psychology, he knows me........by that I mean....my pals can call me anything they want.....walk in the door and sit down..... go downstairs to the mighty room without me being there....go help themselves in the fridge.... ya need a grand?....almost anything except borrow a tagged vehicle or disrespect my dogs....but if I don't like you and that's most everyone, I'll shoot ya for trespassing. :D I'm laughing with you.

Just look at the Italians.....they were Hitler's pals and as they were losing they switched.....time goes three times as fast in Italy as it does elsewhere...(everytime you turn around you see a dago).....their national bird is the fly...on and on....

But that's only half....my other half is a Nazi.........But ANY nationality is better than Shanty Irish.

In the ABOVE photos, look what a little bit of makeup will do.

Mmmmmmm I'd like to be the sights on that handgun.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I hear Kobe Bryant bit the dust. Probably Trumps fault.......that's all..back to guns.---6u
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So do you know why so many Italians are named Tony?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:36 pm So do you know why so many Italians are named Tony?
Hey look here bud, I'm half Italian.....I heard them ALL. :D

Yea, I do...on the way to NY from Italy they had name tags on their outer clothes..."TO NY". :D

Q....Why does the army shoot Italians out of their guns?

A...To grease them up

Q...Why don't Jewish men perform oral s..?

A..It's too close to the gas chamber. :D (that's a GOOD one)

Three soldiers from three different countries were about to be executed by a firing squad.

The first was a German.....he was thinking to himself, "I have to do something or they are going to shoot me". He hollers out, "Tornado!!!!" and the firing squad looks around and the German sneaks off.

The next,an Englishman, is thinking the same and just as the firing squad gets ready to shoot, he hollers out' "Hurricane!!!!!" and while the firing squad looks around he sneaks off.

The third, a Pollack is shaking real bad and wants to live, his mind is running a mile a minute and as the firing squad lift their rifles he hollers out "Fire!!!!"

-----6 ...o......da.....b
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Watching mainstream media and some stuff should not be on the news.........they said after the helicopter crash they discovered that Kobe Bryant had the worst case of dandruff anyone has ever seen as all they found was his head and shoulders.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

NO thank you, I don't care who's hawking it... that coffee stuff is for GROWNUPS!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

And Sixgun, I ain't said I'm not going out... why I went to a Steakhouse/Country bar for dinner last nite. Roamed around Wal-Mart, maybe get my picture on one of those picture thingies!!!

Scarin' small children and such is FUN!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Griff wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:28 pm And Sixgun, I ain't said I'm not going out... why I went to a Steakhouse/Country bar for dinner last nite. Roamed around Wal-Mart, maybe get my picture on one of those picture thingies!!!

Scarin' small children and such is FUN!
Well old buddy, it wouldn't raise an eyebrow in the Walmart in my town. :D
You'd look like a Hollywood fancy man in there! :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Talking with a guy that owns this 95 in 30-40. He is looking for an octagon 95 38-55 to trade.
Thought the 95 looked pretty good.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well Jay...the '95 has a five hundred dollar sight on it.........if the sight is not coded correct it means the screw hole was drilled in the wrong place and THAT puts a hurtin on the gun.......loosen the lever and flip the sight to maximum elevation to check the code. The wrist of the wood looks almost too good....zero oil staining but the metal shows some wear which tells me the wood may be a modern replacement. Can't tell without having it in my hands.

The barrel appears right...28"? Many were cut down.

Two of my ninety fives are in 30-40 and boy, do they shoot the 220 Lyman's. The 220 Lyman was originally designed for the 30-40 to be shot at 1600 FLS.

You know your guns...... A 38-55 is more desirable than the 30-40 so the condition on the 95 would have to be better than the one your giving.----6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, like you said, I have to hold it. I thought of the sight code but thanks for the reminder.
Yeah, it's a 28". I figure there is a good chance of the sight being right where it has a shotgun butt. Crescent must have been standard.
Yeah, I told the guy I'm not sure I want to part with a 38-55. I have 5, but still. The receiver on the 94 probably has less finish than his 95. It's a solid rifle, though. Barrel and tube are probably 85%. I've had em for years.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh...I see...five 38-55's and no 30-40's.....GO FOR IT! :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun Sr wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:11 pmOh...I see...five 38-55's and no 30-40's.....GO FOR IT! :D
Myself, I'd have to ask for some additional jack to part with a mdl 94 in exchange for a mdl 95... :P :P :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Griff wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:14 am
Sixgun Sr wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:11 pmOh...I see...five 38-55's and no 30-40's.....GO FOR IT! :D
Myself, I'd have to ask for some additional jack to part with a mdl 94 in exchange for a mdl 95... :P :P :P
Well I wouldn't say no to that! :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OldWin wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:23 am
Griff wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:14 am
Well I wouldn't say no to that! :D
There's near a million 1894's made before ww1...when, in my opinion the quality dropped...ahhh, maybe mid twenties. There's only 165k of 1895's out there...in much better calibers and a more solid action.

I'd take a 95 anyday over a 94. My opinion is that the 95 is the best of all of them......say, you were living off of it. The best looking one is the 86, the handiest is the 92 while the 94 is the best compromise.----2

Code 7
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. You see few 86s and 95s here. They are just too big and heavy. Getting around in thick woods is hard enough. Never mind humping a 9 or 10lb rifle.
The biggest thing with the 95 is I've never owned one. Still not sure I will do it, but it is kinda cool.
Even though I know there are way more valuable chamberings, I always thought 30-40 Krag was a great cartridge for the 95. It would be my pick.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

HEY NOW WAIT A MINUTE!
I've already claimed one of your 38/55s, don't go trading anything until I take my pic!

I'm with ya Six, something with that 95 looks suspect! But I'm also in the school of thought that if you have 5 of one ( well 4) and none of the other and you want the other -then sure make the trade!

'Scaring little kids' that's priceless!

Pochahantis now wants to be elected and then destroy the electoral college! Naw she ain't getting elected!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea...Yea...yea....Pocahontas ain't going nowhere......don't even know why she's running.....another lost liberal cause...

Then these retarded liberals who are running know that even if they are elected, they can't get 99% of the things promised passed.....except Trump. :D

Yea...yea...yea..Jay.....whenever you are ready, you'd be much happier....and richer for it......to see me....I have multiples of every model in most common calibers except the 66 and the 76.....I'd sell to my buddies at a price where you can't get hurt and you would be able to resell easily for the same price.........you would know how the gun shoots, what it likes, a truthful description and a no-question guarantee to buy it back within a reasonable time...month or two........I told that to Tom......

Everyone else pays retail....full retail... ...or not at all.... :D .....I tell people I don't like "GFO"....which mean "go find one".
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks buddy. I know and appreciate that. Probably a good thing you ain't closer. My 401k would be cleaned out. :D
Most of my old guns I've had for years. I don't buy many now. Don't sell em either. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I know you are holding me a 25-20- if and when I make it there! :D

Taking Claro to the vet for xrays in the morning...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

25-20 for Gunny? Which one was it? I don't have many left...let's see...53 takedown,,,,25 Remington....Marlin cl....I think thats all

Anyway, lookee what I did in 4.5 hours......900 115 gr gas check 32-20's......any 30 caliber.......450 210 gr Hensley and Gibbs for 44 caliber........I bought this old mould somewhere around 20-25 years ago and use it exclusively when I want extreme accuracy such as competition......I believe it was originally designed for the 44-40 as the 44 magnum wasn't even invented when this mould was made.....44 Spl was unpopular. Comes out of the mould at .430-.431 depending on alloy. The ogive on this bullet must have be designed by someone as smart as me....I mean genius level....for real....very accurate in any 44 caliber handgun or rifle.

The only downturn is that it's a 2 cavity mould.

The 32-20 115 gr gas check is a four cavity mould and was designed by Lyman.....needless to say, it's another tack driving bullet. After all, why fool with junk.

By the way, I "think" we are gonna see and enjoy some action by the end of the week....and I ain't talking about the impeachment......Code 1

Well.....maybe it's gonna be 40-82's and 30 caliber 220 Lyman's tomorrow. Win...win...win....

Clo up da beelits.------6.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

when the vet sees Gunny coming, he probably thinks, "well, it's time for an expansion of the vet building, maybe a new heating/cooling system, new Corvette..... :D I bet Gunny has the steering wheel on his Dodge diesel set to "speed dial".---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Heck I've called the vet so much over the past 30 odd years I know the number by heart!

Hmm, maybe I need to send my 41, 25 & 44 molds to you so you can pour for me !! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ok Gunny...send em!

To be honest, I'm getting tired of casting...been doing it heavy since 1972.....Today it felt like a job......very hard just getting started

..I was smokin' using two moulds at a time with a tiny microwave fan keeping the moulds from overheating along with a 30 pound pot next to the furnace over a gas stove so I never ran out of molten lead.....there's four pounds of 50-50 in those bullets.

Was looking through my moulds last night...didn't count them but there must be close to 200. Got to start thinking about them too....

Not many people out there who put the time and care into their animals like you...tells me something about your character.

Off the subject but this hoopla about Kobe Bryant is getting me sick...Very little about the other 8 people, other than his daughter. Didn't the lives of the others matter?
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Well Jay! you buffalo coat wearing son of a sea cook! Just how is it that I go to work and when Inget home I see a picture of my 1895 on here. I know I locked that safe last night.
Mine has that sight same caliber 28 inch barrel and the shotgun butt. Hmmm
And ol Six speaks the truth. Every time I have bought a gun from him he tells me if I don’t like it money back no questions asked.
Lyman 220 groaners huh? Ok. Jack thanks for the tip. What alloy???
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Tom...first, I smell page 45.

Yep....those long Lyman's are made from number 2 alloy.....or the hardness of Number 2, whatever you use to get there. I use wheelweights and 4% tin for my fast rifle ammo....most handguns and slow rifle ammo like the 44-40 and such get 2% or something close. I don't sit there with a calculator and digital scale.

I don't shoot to win Cadillacs...only bragging rights, pins, and occasionally a trophy.. What I do know is that I don't have leading from any of the dozens of guns I shoot lead through. I do have accuracy though as it wouldn't be no fun without it.

Those long Lyman's are also great in the 06.