The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jay Bird

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Jay Bird »

Old model 41 magnum Blackhawk ....in the original box.....made in 1971........99%.....nice crisp action and trigger pull...

It's no museum here.......going rate gets it.......

Or how about this one...Ruger new model Blackhawk......41 Magnum.....unfired in the original box......it was stored improperly and has some rust pitting which I cleaned up.----$300.....Super Fly....https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3QNq79dbdE

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well well Super fly wins a page!! He wins a 41 mag revolver!
Am I wrong or did we fill a whole page today? Gotta look back...nope I'm wrong, 2 days.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

The royalties are smokin'! I'll get your checks out...$500 apiece for the month of November ...Old Savage gets a grand as he's the pivot man. There was four weeks without drama from negative outsiders butting in so that's an additional $100 apiece. We were awarded the Grand Pooba award for having the happiest-go-lucky post so I'll get your awards out next week.

We're rolling baby!....possibility for a live streaming contract with Netflix...in negotiations presently. As there will be video everyone has to maintain their good looks with no weight gain.---Super Fly
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Shouldn't have to worry about weight gain, thanksgiving is over!
Could be some problems on this end for streaming as it appears the electric company can't keep the lights on! 3 outages last week!
Guess I'll need to get to the groomer and get a haircut.
Big question is do we need our own security detail or does Netflix supply security?

Well Parker gets to play today, not sure how Claro is going to take being left home!

Oh well coffee time!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hi guys. I made it home last night from deer hunting. Rain OMG did it rain yesterday. Got a birthday party at 1300 then gonna be vacuum packing venison cubes in five pound packages for snack sticks. I came home from hunting with two more guns than I left with(tempted to make it three looking at 6’s 41 mag). I picked up that Marlin 444s on Black Friday and while at camp was thrown on the ground and had my arm twisted behind my back until I agreed to buy my buddy’s Savage 212. He was brutal I tell ya. I tried to resist but the pain was too much and I relented. Nothin going on here after da boys got done molesting me when I got home. Good to be back home. Supposed to snow tomorrow and I gotta go back to work blech🤮. I have been off since the day before Thanksgiving and I agree with 6,retired(even for a few weeks) beats working. Oh well 5 years to go then I can be retired, not just retard.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Dagnabit Jack Ibwent to the video link to see you and the Ruger. Not!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

After your response to that link I'm not going to look at it ! That ol Sixgun critter ya gotta watch out for! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Splains his new moniker
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey...hey......I'm alive...got up early today......11:10 by the clock.......yesterday, I had these nasty bites on my azz from which I concluded came from the shooting shack......it was the horses home for like 5 years......so...I cruise on over to Home Depot and buy 6 foggers...and set em off......want to make sure everything is dead in there...I think it got me a bit.....slept about 11 hours....... .....found a couple of field rat holes big enough to put my hand in, but I didn't.... ...sprayed one fogger in the hole and plugged the other up with rocks......which means it will be at least 3 days before new ones appear..... :D ......

I can honesty say I have never seen a mouse in our house in 44 years, almost 45 in Feb.......yes Gunny, cats are good for some things but I don't think they fool with big field rats........

That new model 41 mag is a good deal....like new..is new.....with some pitting here and there....nothing unsightly....even has the box....after Christmas I'm gonna take up about 10 guns to the auction house and that's gonna be one of them.....easiest way to sell stuff....no hassle...no arguments on condition....and a check arrives a week later.....I have two 1895's in 30 Krag and one of them is going also....will get two g's for dat.....15 here.....

Well, gotta go smell the shooting shack and see if I get bit again...---Undercover Brother
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sounds like you have a flea infestation!
When I was at the lumber yard we had a flood from on of the hurricanes, after all the clean up a few employees were standing around having a coffee break on the back porch. All of a sudden we were all getting bit. Yup fleas. We sprayed and sprayed. Couple days later someone tried to get a soda from the machine, money in, hit the button and it didn't come out. Get the key and open it up to find 3 dead baby opossums inside the chute. Now we know where the fleas came from! They must have climbed in there with the high water.

Took the wrapping off Claro's foot yesterday, little bit of blood and a bit of stinky funk but she immediately felt better. Going to give her some antibiotics just to make sure !

Parker hunted yesterday, she did well! I get such a kick out of seeing the wheels turning as she gains more experience. She is no Brown Wonder but she is getting there!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yo! I'm up! 6:15....good to see your buddy feeling better...funny thing about animals..they don't complain.......only thing they want is a bit of food and a warm place to sleep....then they will do anything for ya....

Nope, ain't fleas.....I know fleas....they jump on your feet.......it's some sort of a mite or chigger.....these buggers will burrow in your skin and itch like crazy....... ..Then the nice chiggers they are they will lay an egg.......I got the bites on my azz where I was sitting in a chair with an old blanket on it. Nothing today...bites all gone...hydrogen peroxide kills em....

Anyway, your wondering what the hell im doing up so early on a Monday...easy.....I have to get to the Philly airport to pick up my daughter....she was doing business in Old Savage land......gonna get an awakening when she walks outside ......it takes a lot to get me outta bed this early.........I probably wouldn't even be doing this if it wasn't for the wife not giving me any peace if I don't. :D -------Undercover Brother
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Holy cow I'm impressed!! Although I dont envy you having to deal with morning traffic in philly!! Better you than me .

Hmm, I've not had the pleasure of dealing with chiggers, if I were you I'd get a few more bug bombs and hit the shack again ! They dont sound all that enjoyable.

Claro still isn't her normal happy, bubbly choco-crazy self but I cant say I blame her- that toe has got to hurt.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OK Gunny...I'm back.......and....and.....frazzled!.....this country boy ain't used to driving on I-95 during rush hour.....whew! Can't believe the Jeep made it through....people zig-zagging back and forth, in and out, craaaazzzyyyy. I was blessed with 44 years driving 4 right hand turns with no lights aaaaallllll the way to the plant ..1 point 8 miles.

Oh boy! This is dangerous! Idle time......devils workshop.......watching Bernie Sanders hitting a baseball...... :D .....
-----Super Fly a.k.a.Undercover Brother
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It wasn't chiggers. Wrong time of year, and chiggers bite and leave. Their bite leaves what looks like a brown stick about the size of a very thin needle going down into the area. That is the scab. When you can see fireflies, chiggers will be out.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That blanket needs washed in hot water with plenty of soap, and then dried at high heat.
D. Brian Casady
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

piller wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:12 am That blanket needs washed in hot water with plenty of soap, and then dried at high heat.

Thanks Piller.....I burned it.......we have lots of blankets.....wife would not let it in the house......the bite was weird...never saw it before....it was a clump of bites and got real puffy. Itched like crazy........yep.....took off all my clothes and threw em in the washer, washed with lots of Tide and bleach then in the hot dryer....

Super Fly
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Six up early and headin to the city? :shock:
Chiggers?.........what the are chiggers? We ain't got those here.
This time of year there aren't any bugs, thank God.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well Jay with 'global warming ' you are soon to have black flies year round and they are going to be the size of pigeons! :lol: Good news is they will be good practice with your 16 ga!!

Well we worked this morning, second story green house. Chasing leaks and replacing some siding. Stopped for lunch and it started snowing. We weren't getting back up on a metal roof with snow flying!!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

They're the size of pigeons now! :shock:
Luckily, they still freeze up.

Yup. I'd like to have a nickel for every metal roof I've come off of while shoveling.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You couldn't give me a quarter to come off a metal roof shoveling snow!!
Come on now, I know black flies- the ones in Quebec aren't any bigger than quail !! The skeeters are the size of great blue herons though !! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. They got flashing lights under each wing. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea...don't think bugs are out this time of the year but I still say mites and similar things are. Has not been a hard freeze yet and the shooting shack is a dirt floor with remnants of the past occupant.

That is something about the woods the further north you go.....dang bugs will eat yo up. I'm told Alaska is terrible in the summer.

one time I saw this wasp looking bug.....must have been a half inch in diameter and three inches long. Shot it with a 32-20.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Did it look like a giant yellow jacket? Is so it was a cicada killer wasp. They are scary looking but supposed to be harmless to people.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea...that's it Gunny.......this thing was huge...never saw one before.......I kill them like I I do big spiders. Yea, I know spider eat bugs and I also know what they do to people...my wife spend a week in the hospital with a hole in her leg you could have put your thumb into......don't like spiders or things that sting.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm with ya! 8 legs & in the house yet DRT! I dont mind the cicada killers, years ago I had a grub problem and treated the yard which killed off the cicada grubs- no more here but the neighbor has em !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well no snow overnight but we got ICE! had to shuffle across the deck this morning to walk the hounds.

Really dont think we are working today...

Stinkbug in my bed early this morning! Rotten foul things, of course Winnie ate it and then sticks her nose in my face with stink bug breath !

Got a call from that guy on guns international yesterday, he has another CSMC 20 a double NIB and it's also DOUBLE what I would have spent. We got to bs-ing and he is orignally from about 10 miles away !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

No ice here Gunny....they let the kids out early yesterday but the temps never got below 35 and the ground is somewhat warm.

Ya know, those stink bugs like to hide in clothing....in an old coat I leave in the garage there must be 200 of those bugs living in the pockets and sleeves.....

Another miserable day.......took the Kubota out yesterday to work on a stump and in 5 minutes the ground/stump looked worse than before. If we get a repeat of last winter/spring I'm moving to Old Savage land where I can just sit around, sip drinks, and squeeze soft stuff.--6-
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Wheee the ice is everywhere! Followed a garbage truck this morning, was taking a turn a bit too fast next thing it was going sideways. He stayed with it getting it under control before hitting a telephone pole!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Snowing here.
Still waiting on my Geissele charging handle. Tracking still says Monday by end of day.........guess not. :(
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I'm sitting around the house bored crazy....muddy outside......all the work is done as to firewood, maintenance around here, etc......dogs want to go outside.....naaaa....just cleaned in here.......so....I decide to drop off Adam and see what the boys are doing.......

Look here, if we all lived closer we could all go shooting at the club........

This weather takes everything out of ya.....rain, drizzle, cold......don't even feel like loading ammo.........

Looks like nap time....------6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well Six you could come up and help me pull the batteries out of my truck, seems 12 years and they are getting weak...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ok...be right up...12 years? I got 11 out of the factory battery on the Rubicon and replaced it because...well...made sense...still works great...keep it in the garage for stupid things like making wires hot or making sure of continuity of long wrenches and such
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup truck is a 2007, each fall I've been keeping my fingers crossed the batteries last another winter. Halfway home from the job today the CHECK GAUGES light came on- yup I got lower than normal voltage, but everything else normal. After I got home I shut it down then restarted the mighty Cummins and it was kinda weak. So now I have a battery charger on one of em, gotta get my buddies load tester and see what's what after I get both charged... Sure hope it's not the alternator too!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hey ...good news!!!! Last night the Fed Ex driver makes a delivery to the house and we have become buddies over the year...I won't say his name..........anyway, he was telling me that he witnessed a robbery earlier in the day and got the hell out of the area. He was behind the person at the counter who was doing the robbery. I told him. "Your a big muscular dude, why didn't you just clock him on the head ". He says, "naaa, don't like getting involved, I turned and booked." I asked him if he carries heat or if he is allowed. He said no.

Fast forward to tonight.....watching the news....Fed Ex driver gets shot in the stomach and returns fire and kills the dude. He will obviously get fired but he's alive!!!----6
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I really want to say some things, but I will not. It wouldn't be right to get this put into the Politics section. I am just glad that the driver is alive.
D. Brian Casady
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Since the title on this thread is "The Gun Room", I let y'all know what I did to improve mine today... actually over the last few weeks. Let's start with... it's dark outside, and I want to go out to the reloading shop... aka: gun room. If it's a clear nite and has better'n half the moon, no problem, I can get out there without stumblin' over something!

But, life is not all clear nites and full moons. So, along with my tilt steering column I ordered a full light kit... head lights, tail lights, turn signals and horn for my gun cart. Next trick will be backup lites! But, I gotta tell ya, combining an automotive type steering column with a golf cart lighting kit, is far from an easy install. Let's just say that the head & tail lights worked, but the turn signals and 4-way flashers didn't... Oh they lit up, but flash? Not a chance.

Not a flicker, not a dimming, let alone a flash. Well... after getting a bunch of parts and spending the better part of two days testing, testing some more, and finally, last nite getting the flashers to work... then spending the day remaking the wiring harness and getting it all attached to all it's final locations. Had to add a power relay, horn relay and resisters to increase the load for the LED turn signals. Installed a power distribution block, fuses for each circuit and mount it all.

New steering column & wheel:

Wiring up the automotive weatherproof connectors or all circuits:

Distribution/fuse block:

Finished:
been trying to upload this pix for two days... no joy!

Only problem is that it's all hidden by the front cowling. Which has to be completely removed to get to anything except the flashers & fuses.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Huh, I had no idea there was such parts out there for golf carts!? Or are you doing this by making it up as you go? I'd really like to have turn signals on my Polaris Ranger along with mirrors and the state to make them LEGAL on the roads but that will never happen! But that doesn't stop me, I'm in a very rural area and the Chief of Police is an old buddy of mine. :D

I'd bet FedEx is anti carry! I know my UPS driver is a CAS shooter and probably feels naked without a hog leg but again we don't have much in the way of crime up here.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sunrise on ice
20191218_073516-800x600.jpg
As you can see we have quite a bit of ice still clinging to everything. I needed a hammer to break about 3/8" of ice off the bird feeders this morning so I could fill them so all those feathered democrats could stay fat and happy without working!! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:40 am Sunrise on ice 20191218_073516-800x600.jpg
As you can see we have quite a bit of ice still clinging to everything. I needed a hammer to break about 3/8" of ice off the bird feeders this morning so I could fill them so all those feathered democrats could stay fat and happy without working!! :lol:
Enabler. Birds around the farm here must WORK for their daily fare!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff...as soon as you got to "resisters" and "power relays" I was lost. ....but it sure looks like you know what your doing or at least learned along the way....I'm curious...how far away is your reloading shop? I really hope it's a least 100 yards away or I am gonna bust you something bad. :D Either way, it's a great addition to a toy you probably have other uses for....just busting balls here.

And Master Gunnysmith......your colder where you are...we never did have any ice...it stayed around 34-37 for the last two days..gonna hit 18 tomorrow night or so they say........

I got a package in the mail yesterday....I have to take some pics...for later.....

Jays nnnneeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww Flattop is on its way by the end of the day........I told the guys at the gunshop to make sure they package it up with plenty of salt to absorb any moisture and battery acid in case grease gets on it. Hey! Who gives a f? I'm supposed to have the check today.....
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:53 amHuh, I had no idea there was such parts out there for golf carts!? Or are you doing this by making it up as you go? I'd really like to have turn signals on my Polaris Ranger along with mirrors and the state to make them LEGAL on the roads but that will never happen! But that doesn't stop me, I'm in a very rural area and the Chief of Police is an old buddy of mine. :D
Yeah, I was a bit surprised to find the tilt steering column, but the lighting kits are all over the internet. The lighting kit for the golf cart was wired to isolate the ground from the cart. I.e., for use on both gas and battery powered carts. Since my cart is gas (Honda) powered, & the column is wired like a car, grounded to chassis, I had to modify the wiring loom that came with the lighting kit. On my son's cart, he used the EZGO column, and his lighting kit didn't need to be modified, and it all works. The hardest part on mine was getting the turn signals to work. I had to install two resistors to allow the LED turn signals to flash. Since the column is patterned off a '69 - '92 Chevy, and those didn't all come with 4-ways, it works a little backwards, the brake lights overcome the 4-ways, which is not the usual case. We tried for many hours to figure out the why of this, but... failed. The turn signals still overcome the brakes, but not the 4-ways. Definitely odd. Now, I need to just put the front cowling in place, install the headlights (with integral turn signals), wire up the horn relay, and I'll be all set.

The next project for the "gun cart" will be to build a "reloading box" in the club well at the back. I want to be able to load my cap & ball pistols while seated so it'll need a couple of elements. Mainly a folding shelf that can take the stress of a loading stand and a organizing area for the C&B components. All mounted on a storage box for cartridge ammo for both the rifles and shotguns. I mounted a four gun rack in the front passenger well, a stock unit from Rugged Gear. While most guys have their rifle & shotgun racks built into the rear of the cart, I wanted to use that room for a cooler. A rack like you'd find on the front of a 4-wheeler for when I go deer hunting. I haven't started on that quite yet. Keeping my eye out for a suitable unit.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun Sr wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:41 pmI'm curious...how far away is your reloading shop? I really hope it's a least 100 yards away or I am gonna bust you something bad. :D Either way, it's a great addition to a toy you probably have other uses for....just busting balls here.
Yeah, just about 100 yards.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Great work on the cart, Griff! Now it needs a transfer case and a 4x4 setup with a 4" lift and 33s. :D

Hey Six,
Yeah, we got the FFL faxed to your bud this morning.
Thanks for packing in the salt. That was good thinkin! :D
Hope my check got there! You know I can't be trusted. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff..
The cart is pretty near done....got an engine......additives for guns.....cooler......now lighting......now I think it's time you take Gunny's advice and install 33's a set of nice aluminum racing mags and then a custom paint job with flames. After that...well, can I have it"?

For real, that is a cool cruising machine around the pastures and woods....how much you have in it? A couple of g's? Gunny's Polaris set him back $27,000. :D

Ahhhh Targetmaster called...got to stop down at Home Depot for a 50 pound bag of extra corrosive salt.

I need to get involved in something.......Super Fly
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That was Older Win putting the 33s on the Griffmobile not me!

Six if you mix some calcium with the salt itll stay ice free to lower temps !!

Still not above freezing here, lots of branches down. Not going to thaw anytime soon. The second floor greenhouse with metal roof surround has about a third of an inch of ice, I'm not getting up there!!
Here is a good pic of the ice
20191218_145712-600x800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah.......that's a fair amount of ice, Gunny. :shock:

Yeah! The lift and 33s was MY idea! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Six check your email!!
Yup I would have suggested 44s on the rear and 33s on the front of the gun cart! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh I see.....it was the Jeep Masters idea.......sorry Dog Master......hey! Where's the Soft Stuff Master? Probably hanging with the Golf Cart Master.......in the meantime, the Master of his Own Domain has to check his email......

Mmmmmm...temps got to 36 here...now at 30....----Master Super Fly
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Pretty good Gunny!......hey! How come my Obama phone don't work?

Watching the Trump Rally in Michigan.......DONALD TRUMP is the GREATEST POTUS EVER.....YES...THE BEST EVER.-----Even Super Fly likes him!------6
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Had to go in for surgery this afternoon, on me, unfortunately, new squalmous cell cancer in my eyebrow. Took four trips cuttin' more each time to get it all. Honkin' huge dressing covering my left eyebrow, forehead where they had to cut even more to stitch the hole shut, eye's nearly swole shut. It's gonna leave a mark, after the black eye goes away. Doc said chicks dig scars... gotta think of a good story to go with the scar! And to think, just last week, I simply asked the Skin Doc, "...what's this bump in my eyebrow?"

Gotta a pix, makes me queasy tho'.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!