The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by GunnyMack »

Well IF you want to part with it just say the word! Check? Money order? Or if you want a kitchen drawer divider I need dimensions of the inside of the drawer.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Looky here I win page 19!!
Hmm what do I win? Six's shooting shack? Naw. Jay's pockets? Nope. Can't take from OS as postage on a chiropractor is too expensive! Cat is a newbie here so his stuff is safe. That leaves Tom and Griff to cough up my winnings! What do they have that I want?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Watching Fox last night with rain outside...all of a sudden.....whosh! ....or whatever a tornado sounds like.....scared the poop out of mom and me........house, barn, and shootin' shack are fine.. .....it just kissed the house but destroyed everything out front......we lost every tree in the front yard except a skinny one and three pines......4 pines and 5 large locust...gone..
.uprooted.......same way at both of my neighbors........many trees are snapped off 10-20 feet from the bottom.........my driveway is shut down and could not get out if I wanted as the road is MAJORLY blocked on both ends.......of course no electric but as a former Boy Scout, I'm prepared with plenty of everything...food, diesel, gas, health.......I was up till 3 walking around with my 900 Lumen Starfire, burning up those batteries....man! They get HOT......

A monster tree fell at my neighbors across the street and just barely missed his restored 1873 Victorian house.

Funny thing when these things happen...you forget all about politics and what's happening more than 20 feet from your home.

My work is cut out...NO WAY I can handle all these trees.....looks like the insurance company is getting a call.

Try to get some,pics later----6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wow, crazy Don't recall tornados back there.

You might win an all expense paid trip, by you, to help Six with the clean up.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

If he was down the street I surely would be there with the Husqvarna cutting away!

That's what happened here during Sandy, power went out about 9pm and by the next morning I had trees across the driveway. Hopefully you won't be 14 days without electricity!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Here is a close up of the box joints
20191101_132748-600x800.jpg
I'm out of clamps! Can never have enough clamps. I couldn't get all 5 sections glued & clamped so I'll leave that last one until tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Sorry to hear, Six. I'm glad you guys are ok.
Been bad here with wind. Glad I got that old tree down this summer. Our power was out for a half hour. I can't remember the last time it was out.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Category 2 tornado with winds at 135 mph.......the worst in history in this area......our house and property was on the news from a helicopter. We had 11 large trees uprooted. This tornado was just like it's described......loud...scary....cops, helicopters, fire dept., electric company trucks all day.....our road is closed off......had a hell of a time to get out and get diesel and gas today...who knows when we will get electric......

A mess of these $500,000 "stick houses" with lots of damage...our full brick house is fine. They said the tornado was only a couple of hundred yards wide and it looks like it just missed our house as it must have as the house is fine but trees uprooted....not little trees either...big mamas.....

Just type in "Thornbury township tornado."

https://6abc.com/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MsScHnmvSI0
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Glad you made out ok Jack! Sad about the trees but better them than you and your wife under a pile of rubble!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

At the end of the driveway

Our driveway to the right....with the flag...look at the trees, stripped of branches

The edge of our property...yea, a mess

Our once perfect front yard

One of eleven we lost...this is the smallest tree

Looking down the road...our property is to the right, just after the split rail fence.

Last edited by Jay Bird on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

At
Last edited by Jay Bird on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Across the street from us"..this guy lost around 20 big trees. This one almost got the house that was built in 1873.

Tree down at our inlaws...just up a hundred yards from us. They lost five

Road sign on the front edge of our property....GONE

A once perfect maple tree in our front yard. You can't see them but 6 large locust trees are behind it....down.

Looking down our driveway from the house

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! It's weird cause I've been there and remember what it looked like.
Glad the good Lord was looking out for you guys.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Wow Six, I'm sorry to hear/see that. Boy oh boy though, you were pretty lucky all in all. Yep, I'd take lots 'o pics and call my home owners. Glad your gun room survived (priorities) and good luck!

Gunny,

Yes please, I'd like to trade for a silverware drawer liner. I'll PM you my phone number and we can work out details.

Cat
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny...got plenty of wood to make more box joints....about 4 million of em.....

Watching trump...happy ending to a miserable day.

no big deal. We only lost trees. A ritsy neighborhood down the street lost parts of their houses.

Last night after the tornado, I went outside to survey and then remembered Miss Twinkles, our Siamese cat. Could not find her and she always comes when I call her...I was worried thinking she ended up in the next county underneath the house where the wicked witch of the east got her. About an hour later I saw her hiding under the pressure washer and she was mighty happy to come in the house.

We had no damage but we called the insurance company anyway...they may pay to have everything cleaned up...it's too much for me alone to do,it.---6
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We had tornadoes near us recently. The destruction is just shocking. Our house and trees were left alone. 4 houses down it was a mess.

You have my sympathy.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We're not in Kansas anymore Miss Twinkles!
Pay no attention to the man behind the buffalo coat.

Yep that's about how my yard, driveway looked after Hurricane Sandy-You sure lucked out my friend!

Black Locust is one of the best fire woods, high BTU ! Not to mention great for exterior use as it is rot & bug resistant. It works easily but is tough.

Cat, I'll try to catch up with you later today!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well.....Where do I start? Gunny, Jay, Old Savage, Tom, Griff, Cat, where aaarrrreeeeeee you??? After all, "a friend in need is a friend indeed" as my mother used to tell me.

Don't believe insurance covers tree removal unless there is damage and I don't have any damage. The only silver lining is I'll have enough wood for this year and the next two. Locust won't rot so that will be for 2022....got to mix Locust with other woods or you'll burn the house down. The fact that I'm retired and have all of the necessary equipment and land to dispose of the limbs leaves me happy....plus, the piles of limbs make homes for a lot of little animals, my true friends.

IF insurance did cover it I would deluged from local tree surgeons ......funny thing...I don't see any of my buddy tree surgeons stopping over...mmmmmmm......I have A LOT OF REMEMBERING TO DO WHEN GUN/AMMO ISSUES COME UP FOR THEM.

This is why I stay self sufficient and healthy.....when the poop hits the fan, your suddenly alone unless there's money involved.
Just look right HERE....where's Gunny...where's Jay and the rest of my cyber buddies...mmmm......silent aren't they! :D

Here's a few moreover pics, all taken from the yard. Electric company is here...they are from MARYLAND. 6

My neighbors locust trees....my wife used to play under these trees as a small child.

My pic for the local Politzer Prize

This is the tree I hung Pitchy's BAR man from last year. About a third of it left.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey now- I'm here, just been busy! Started by glueing up the last divider, then was at the neighbors fixing a window the flying squirrels were chewing through. Then fixing her dryer duct. Now I'm home and on the prowl for some grub!

The crew that fixed our lines after Sandy were from South Carolina, they said they had never seen such antiquated equipment!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, you sure have your work cut out for you. That is a lot of damage. Really rooted those trees up. Who would have thought back there. Amazing. I grew up maybe 30 miles NE from you and never heard of such a thing. Darn good thing it missed the house.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Yea, I wondered about the insurance company. Mine wouldn't pay for tree removal unless it was on the house. I'd check anyway as who knows? The ways of women and insurance company are not within the ken of man. At least not this one.

Sorry I can't be there to help you man, but it's one helluva long walk from here. Time I got there you'd be burning the last of the Locust!

The good news is ya got firewood for a while for sure!

Cat
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

If I only had a portable bandsaw mill we would be making boards! Ya dont see black locust boards everyday! Its neat how it changes color over time too. I turned a couple candle sticks from a hunk, went from purplish to yellow to a deep gold over the years.

You would think the insurance companies would pay to have 'threatening' trees removed. I know I've got a couple monster oaks close to the house and really sweat big storms!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sorry Six. I was in my treestand all day.
Yeah, my wife manages an insurance office and she said if the trees don't damage anything it doesn't cover. However, if the block your driveway, they will pay for removal.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Jay......thanks guys for the moral support....boy, did I have an AGGRAVATING/FUN day......you gonna laugh at the news.......

I spent the better part of yesterday getting the trees off the driveway.....they are much bigger than picture show....had to cut each one in sections about 12 feet long then pulled em off with the mighty Kubota in 4 wheel drive, low range with the rear locker on. The 18" Stihl would not get to the other side.....at least 2' in diameter. Oh! I see now Jay...many thanks to Kristy....even though it's a day late and a dollar short..but she didn't know that. (cleared the driveway first) (aggravation #1)

#2.....still no electric....the electric co. replaced two poles, straightened out 4 more and hooked it all up..Electric came on about 2 hours ago...EXCEPT FOR ME!!! They replaced the pole where my underground electric is fed through a pipe and under the road, then 125 yards to the house.all underground...except the line coming off the pole which they had the cut when they put the new pole up...then FORGOT to splice the wire......call electric co....was told EVERYONE had electric so there's another issue they said......tell them the feed wire to my house is hanging ......they said, OK, will call the dispatcher......an hour later three trucks are out front driving up, and then down and then back again. I ASSUME they are looking for the house with no electric but we have a generator so I run out there in my long underwire.....flag down the lead truck.....he stops and I explain in a nice way that they forgot to splice the wire. He listens to me talk and after five minutes, he tells me he is from Penn Dot (Pa. Dept. of Trans.) and are just checking the roads...not electric co. (#3 with egg on my face)

#4....was pushing a load of branches with the Kubota using the front loader. A branch got caught in the bucket release lever and I didn't know it...pushed some more and bent the support...bucket hanging on one side. I'm boiling by then. Into the garage..had to pull out the Rubicon to get the tractor in there as Old Yeller was taking up the other side with no battery. Spent 3 hours working on the bucket....got it fixed by using the tractors hydraulic system to straighten out the bent support.

-#5....come in an hour ago...turn on water heater to take shower.....(keep it off during the day...less stress on generator) Wait 20 minutes, take off clothes.....get ready to walk in shower.....electric goes off..black.....wife decides to turn on the oven and blew the breaker. I casually tell her the gen. makes 6500 watts and only one major appliance on at a time......go,outside and flip the breaker in the barn....got electric....take shower, scrub my dirty nuts.

#6....turn on Fox and see Trump is getting worn out....he looks distressed...the guy wants to do the best for this country and the Dems lies are beating him up. Turn on local 11 o'clock news and there's a coon fest in Philly......they are complaining about everything and contributing nothing...not all but most.

Going to bed for another happy day tomorrow.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

' long underWIRE' since when did you start wearing a bra? :lol:

Don'tcha just love it when Murphy strikes! Yes that would have been enough to get my dander up as well!

Beto dropped out of the race! Great one less whack job to worry about.

Well today I'm heading out to the bunker, probably be the last for me this year, bird season opens next weekend so I'll be busy on weekends until March. Got some firewood loaded for our burn pit, Doc is bringing a whole pile of chestnuts to roast, Chef Andy hasn't said what the menu is , could be Rocco's day to cook but I won't know until I get there!

Picked up another hood ornament from the neighbor, also got an order for another silverware divider so my next week is booked!

I think I'm going to try and make an oak & leather trunk case this winter.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

JACK in my absence you have had a couple things that were really sucky. Sorry I am just hearing about Stonewall. Sorry about all the damage to the yard. On a brighter note when you get it all put back together I will bring the mustang and reapply the stripes for ya. I am in Somerset for the week but I have next Sunday and Monday off if you are still in need of help.
Was working crazy hours and then Mrs FWB totaled the car we just put an engine in soooo. I spent all day last Saturday and Sunday putting her truck back together so she has something to drive. I had been welding in new rocker panels and cab corners. The engine cost $2275 installed three weeks before she totaled it and the insurance bastages gave her $680 after the deductible for it. Well I am back and rejoining the gun room if you will have me back.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Underwires can be brutal for doing trigger point on the lower origin attachment of the pectoralis minor.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:54 am Underwires can be brutal for doing trigger point on the origin of the lower attachment of the pectoralis minor.
Oh Lordy....I needed that! Thanks Fred! Sure is nice to see somebody is using their cranial area.

Tom.......you NEVER have to "rejoin".....you just took a small vacation.

As usually, "The Gunny" is full of jokes and "underwire" smarts. Yea...me and Kaitlin Jenner are hanging out.

Still no electric.....costing me roughly $2 an hour to run the generator. (93 octane) One good thing about the generator.....it shoots all kinds of carbons into the air.

Decided to have a change of plan.....instead of roping up 10 tractor trailer loads of branches and hauling them 400 yards to the back corner of the pasture, I'm gonna have a bonfire in the front yard, off to the side.

Well.........I'm ooooooofffffffff to see the chainsaw, the wonderful chainsaw of Thornton.----6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Here....this explains it better......(BTW, I'm looking for every excuse in the world to NOT step out that door and begin work....work that beats up guys 25 years old)............ ...........

With my professional editing you will see the feed line coming down the NEW pole. All of those other lines connected to the cut off piece of pole belong to Verizon, Comcast, FIOS, etc. The electric company hooks up the POWER lines at the top of the pole and then the other companies hook up their stuff.

Anyway, the arrows point to my feed line and you will see its cut, as they have to do when replacing the pole....so.....why isn't it spliced together? It has nothing to do with cable, Verizon, etc....Our FIOS line is fine and the second picture shows the loose line.

Well...got to get out there!

Just REMINISCING......got to get out there..ok, ok...I will. :D

Last edited by Jay Bird on Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, I might add that the upper origin attachment is easily accessible as is the insertion.

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Don’t have a picture of my generator but it’s just like my log splitter conversion,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Pace yourself there Six. The job won't run away. You don't need to nail it down. Some each day, or not. That will give you time to think as you go to the best use of your newly gained assets. Who knows but a friend or two may show to help you along the way. You seem to be quite self sufficient.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I went out to the bunker today, brrrrrrrr it was quite chilly with a constant 15 mph wind. I got the fire built, opened the bunker, loaded targets and before I knew it we had a whole pile of guys show up to shoot! We roasted chestnuts over the fire, cooked Italian sausage, Chef Andy even cooked a jambalaya!

Sadly I shot like stuff- I shoulda loaded up my saw and drove to SIXGUNs to work!

Go easy Six, last thing you need is to hurt yourself!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Last two posts are good advice Six. You, like me and some of the rest of us ain't 25 anymore.

Cat
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

OK, Gunny, what did Chet do to you that caused you to roast his ...?
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Chet? Who is Chet ... or do you mean CHEF Andy? Weren't his nuts but Doc's.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Oh. I thought you wrote Chet's nuts roasting. It was Doc and not Chet who was tortured.
D. Brian Casady
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Doc musta been a bad monkey. I'd hate to get my nuts roasted. Did he scratch a gen 1 Colt SAA or something? I'd rather eat bacon.

Cat
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

After all, tomorrow is another day.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Thanks Fred for the advice...it's the same advice my wife gives me but......I CANNOT rest until the work is behind me. I won't shoot, load ammo, go to the store (unless it's necessary), talk on the phone, yada, yada, yada.....PLEASE explain the personality issue that is, as you know these things. Have always been like that...work...work...work...then relax.....and I can't stay relaxed more than a half day and then it's off to the next work detail. I believe that's why in the past I've always had alcohol abuse issues.....5 or 6 beers and I can relax.

Let me tell the boys the fun I had today.......

Up late this morning..as usual....about 10....I'm a slow starter....drink coffee...have my four eggs with toast.....drop off Adam Schiff at the pool......Adam had a few friends with him today..Elizabeth Warren and two Muslims......(one of the Muslims got hung up coming out and I had to get a stick dipped in bacon fat to knock it free).....check message board....then gather my tools and head out.

Fill up generator with 93 octane, jump on the Kubota and start sawing away.....STILL NO ELECTRIC BUT EVERYONE ELSE DOES...sometime around 3 or so while I'm sawing away I look up and spot this caravan of P.E.C.O. trucks..(Philly electric co.) I drop the saw and run to the road waving my hands. The lead vehicle, a heavy duty pick up truck stops......I tell the guy as nice as pie, "hi guys, I know your super busy but I'm the only house with no electric and explain how the electric guys from Maryland cut the feed line yesterday....been calling but no one is stopping".....He says "WHAT??!!! CUT THE LINE?!!!..let me see". He gets out of the truck, looks at the pole and says, "THEY HAD NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO CUT THE LINE". and continues, "yep, we can fix it."

So......4 big trucks and a pick up pull over, a few in our driveway and the one guy tells the young guys what to do....the rest of us spend the next two to three hours b.s. en about guns, Trump. horses, dogs, idiot democrats.....I give them a tour of the barn, garage.etc. they said, "wow, I see you like Jeeps". We're laughing and telling jokes and once in a while they check on the workers. I tell them, " I can see you guys are union....3 guys doing the work and 9 standing around b.s.en.....I was a Teamster for 44 years". Everyone was laughing and having a great time. They stayed another hour after it got dark, leaving their emergency lights on and checking my system after shutting off the generator.

Great bunch of guys. Made me forget all of the aggravation I've been dealing with. I even farted one time and they laughed, giving me a "7" out of a possible 10. :lol:

Well, here's some more pics.....I'm whittling it all down.....I'm cutting the branches off of the main part of the tree, hauling the logs to a pile where I'll cut it up into firewood. ALL of the pine is going in the bonfire.....the locust and Maple will be firewood. Gonna have a bonfire out front with the branches. Coming over for some fun? Old Savage can bring the soft stuff, Gunny can bring his saw, Jay can come with a t shirt only, :D will get some good ole boys from Texas...Piller and Griff....Cat from N.D...Tom will be here, he lives in the barn.........till tomorrow...--6

Oh...oh...the line being cut......common knowledge that Maryland is BLUE...yesterday I was talking to the Maryland electric guys about different things, mainly Trump....they didn't seem to care for Trump and were not overly friendly like the PECO guys were....
Mmmmmm......I could be wrong but it sure seems like typical leftist work....

My new buddies

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

harry wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:55 pm Don’t have a picture of my generator but it’s just like my log splitter conversion,
Hey Harry...great taste in brand of splitter! 25 ton? Looks the same as mine but you converted it to propane..why? I've split around 18-20 cords of hardwood and no issues.---6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad you're back on line, Six. There's nothing like locals takin care of locals.
Maine is bad like that. If you move here and live here for 30 years, it's still "that outta stata up the road". :D
When you need a service of any kind, a "local" is always best.

Don't kill yourself on that wood. I know everyone has said it, but really.......don't overdo it buddy.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's the problem with society today- politics first doing what's best for others is secondary!
Happy they got everything back up and running.
Sure I'll bring a saw!

Never did hear if Tom got a deer while upstate? Jay did you see anything?

I was surprised, I didn't see many dead deer on the interstate yesterday. Normally there are a lot of headless deer on the shoulder now...

Tom you didn't say if your wife is ok after her car accident!? I assume she is but you know what they say about assuming- you become a dumbocrat ...

Good to see Pochahantis is now getting a lot of scrutiny over her 50 TRILLION Medicare for all! Dingbat !!!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I hear ya Jay......locals are the best.....

Headless deer? :D I've seen that more than once...on the road and in the woods.

Yea........I'm driven to clean this mess up...the mind says yes and the body says no.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If my job would allow time off, I would be glad to come help. No vacation or time off allowed from November 1 to February 28th due to flu season. We make big bucks off of the flu shots and the pills to take if you get the flu. With the Affordable Care Act letting Insurance companies dictate the profit margin we make, the profitable stuff like flu shots become priority number one to the people running the company. I usually give a flu shot 4 to 15 times per hour all day every day this time of year.
D. Brian Casady
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Six it is a 25, I just got tired of the gasoline exhaust and propane is cheaper, the generator on the other hand is easer to haul propane and I have a 150 gal tank for when the power goes out
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

At my last straw!! Chipmunks now rolling acorns around in the shop ceiling! So I moved a good cord & a half of split wood so I can find where the little buggers are getting in. Found about 5 spots I suspect they have gained entry. Some sand on those spots will tell me where to set traps.

When I was at Lowes this morning I saw this van , obviously the owner has a twisted sense of humor!
20191104_155041-800x600.jpg
As I was leaving the owner was loading up. I said hey can I take a picture? YEAH SURE!! EVERYBODY DOES!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh man....that is FUNNY....GUNNY......It must take one hell of a nerve to drive around with that.....I may be a bit redneck, but that's pushing it.......of course, it would accepted south of the Mason Dixon Line.

Chipmunks got your nuts? Protect em! Wear a tungsten covered jock strap. I tried to get one of those but they don't make a XXXXXXXXXX large size.

Harry......the way the exhaust is on those is beyond my thinking.....it blows right in your face when the splitter is in the upright position......I made an extension that sends it straight up.

EIGHT (8) people stopped over today while I was working out front. I was so pizzed I was ready to tell em all to get the F out. Got very little done. TWO (2) were acceptable as one was my buddy who owns Targetmaster to tell me he just bought a 170 gun collection...mostly NIB AR's of every imaginable variation..... :D ......AND FOUR (4) NIB Ruger AC 556 machine guns...transferable....mmmmmmmmmmm The other acceptable visitor was his son, who got out of his dump truck with a 30" Stihl chainsaw to take down a huge (what's left of it) maple. Good kid.

Well...gotta go and check out these guns before they hit the shelf.---6
Last edited by Jay Bird on Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

So..........decided I need a deviation from the monotony of cutting wood......after all, with the exception of my bud and his son, everyone who stopped over just wanted a closer look so they had something to talk about...offering no help...but that's fine too as I realize that's just how people are.....rubber necking going down the road and if you run into them, they offer condolences....you know, kind of like when people offer "thoughts and prayers".... another form of b.s.

My buds son is going to come over with heavy equipment after I get the branches cleaned up and he's gonna get the stumps out of the ground as the Kubota is not as mighty as a back hoe.

Anyway, I cruise on down to my buds gunshop.... ...and after coon fingering some NIB Transferable Ruger AC 556 machine guns, we got to business......he must feel bad for me as when I entered he had "prizes" for me.....a QUART of EEZOX!...a Colt 10 round mag for the AR, 120 rds. of American Eagle ball, made by Lake City AND a hundred rounds of Lake City Green Tip penetrater.

THEN...lookee what followed me home! You tell me what it is.....was made in 1898....more on that later.---6

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

That looks like a Smith & Wesson M&P, maybe a .45? There's some old beat up Rossi rifle in the way, hard to see it. But they didn't make those in '98 . . . Or, wait, you mean the rifle? Looks like a '76 Winchester and a beaut at that. '98 huh? That's purty.

Many years ago I blued one (I know, that'd be a criminal offence now, but who knew 40 years ago?) and though I took it apart I could not get it back together. Had to get help. I was ashamed. :)

Cat