UPS Stores

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

UPS Stores

Post by marlinman93 »

Had to send some parts back to a seller yesterday, so headed over to the closest UPS Store. It's 10 miles to the main UPS warehouse, so figured I'd save time and money going to a store instead. I set the two heavy boxes on the scale and the girl does the labels, and asks how much insurance I want. $130 each I tell her, and she asks me if I want her to "repack them so they'll be covered for damage?" I asked her why I'm paying insurance if thy're not covered? She tells me that's for loss, but they'll only be covered to $100 for damage, unless I pay her to repack them!
Never heard such stupid talk before? I told her the parts are in the same boxes that UPS shipped them to me in, so if they were OK to ship to me this way, why wouldn't they be OK going back? She began to stammer and fumble to explain, and finally said they'd be OK.

I got home and was still a little ticked at what seemed to be a scam, so I called UPS to file a complaint. The customer service person tells me UPS Stores aren't owned by UPS! I asked him why they have UPS logos, and use UPS name if they don't own them? He says they're a "UPS partner" and not really UPS. He directs me to The UPS Stores customer service. I spoke to a lady there whose also full of attitude, and seems like she's cut from the same mold as the girl at the store! She finally asks me if I'd like the address of another UPS Store? I told her that wouldn't be necessary, as I'll drive the 10 miles to the main UPS warehouse next time and avoid ever using a UPS Store in the future.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: UPS Stores

Post by .45colt »

Thanks for the heads up !!! I always wondered about them and like You it's for Me about 12 miles further... I go to UPS directly.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I found out about the store vs UPS many years ago. I sold a couple guns to an FFL and decided to go to the UPS store thinking they WERE ups, the stores will not ship firearms ! So I took them to the post office and away they went- I kick myself for selling those 2 guns now!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

I ship all my guns and ammo through FedEx, I put the guns in a hard side gun case and then put tri-wall cardboard around the case. Do the same with plastic ammo cans then just slap an ORM-D label on.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
horsesoldier2019
Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier2019 »

I went to a pack and ship that is affiliated with UPS but they also use FEDEX and USPS. The box was quite large and I knew would be expensive to ship, but the prices quoted for each method of shipment were beyond expectations. I ended up leaving with the package and went to the USPS in my town. The quote the lady at the pack and ship had provided for shipping the package via USPS was no where near what it actually cost. USPS was by far the cheapest method of shipping. I wont use Pack and Ships either their prices are very elevated.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Yep, franchise...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I gave up on UPS for most purposes a while back. The stores can't/won't accept firearms or ammunition, and you practically need a file folder of FFLs and identification even at a warehouse.
I do most of my stuff USPS priority insured, and Fedex for small arms ammunition. The reduced hassle is worth it to me.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I got tired of all of them, including dealing on the Internet.........when I sell about 95% of guns or other stuff now, I take em to the auction house. No hassle, they are FFL so no one has anything to say about legalities, and the check arrives in the mail a week after the auction. The auction house I deal with most always bring good money and only take 20%

No more whiners complaining about a stain on one piece of brass out of a thousand, back and forth haggling, lies, "can-you-wait-a-couple-of-weeks-for-payment?", and other aggravations.

I may sell a few things here but it's few and far between anymore.----6
Model A Uzi’s
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

The UPS stores charge you the full UPS price and then add a %age, that goes into their pocket. It's just business but I won't ship UPS if I can avoid it and then I buy the lables online. If you do that you can drop the package at the UPS store no charge.