Clean Up On Aisle 45 - .45-70 Vs. Stuff - Ep. 3

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Clean Up On Aisle 45 - .45-70 Vs. Stuff - Ep. 3

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/ZeAaU98_OxI

I would preface to say this is just 'good clean fun'......but it looks more like 'good messy fun'..... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Clean Up On Aisle 45 - .45-70 Vs. Stuff - Ep. 3

Post by Grizz »

not bad if you kill the sound and fast forward to the shots......

I have an NEF 20ga single shot that is about the equivalent, and I move back out of the splatter range. but that's a me-thing I guess.

With a 3" brenneke 1oz slug the TKO works out to 56.73. Way way up there in the 45/70 class.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/brennek ... 37897.html

I like the slo-mo views. Would like to see that setup with the gooey cans lined up in file.

TKO = W x V x D/7000
Last edited by Grizz on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

We had a youth shoot at my gun club yesterday (no youths were harmed in the youth shoot). Last year I made a shooting star that holds 20 ounce coke bottles for the kids to shoot at with 22’s, and they love it. This is in addition to all sorts of spinners, pots and pans, water bottles clay birds blah blah blah. After the kids left the adults got out a couple toys and had a go at different targets with adult toys, a 405 grain RNFP in a 1886 will vaporize a soda bottle. We also had a couple obliterated bottles from the 33wcf and the 30/40. My 35/30-30 will also vaporize a coke bottles at 50 yards. That was fun.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

He's just feeding the birds and other local critters!
I love doing stuff like that, especially when it's biodegradable. I did shoot a can of spray foam with a .357 that had a defective nozzle. Had to wait until the next morning to clean it all up. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Turned solids (300 gr) - https://youtu.be/ydpOMGGgYrw
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The slow motion sequences...

That's ART, man...

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:03 pm Turned solids (300 gr) - https://youtu.be/ydpOMGGgYrw
I have a 425gr solid exiting my guide gun around that velocity IIRC

I have a 525gr solid exiting the guide gun around 14xx-ish, can't recall exactly.

I don't think the 300 is as all fired hot as the shooter does, but I love his enthusiasm