Gun Safety....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Gun Safety....

Post by AJMD429 »

1. Beware what is behind your target
2. Remember bullets ricochet off hard materials, especially at shallow angles
3. Ordinary citizens lack the expertise and discipline to be safe with firearms like police are... :|

https://reason.com/2019/08/05/body-came ... ening-dog/

Just.....wow..... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Gun Safety....

Post by elmo123 »

I was a police officer for 12 years and a firearms instructor for most of my career and most of the guys and gals that I worked with were some of the biggest offenders when it came to gun safety. It was as if they believed the basic laws of physics as they relate to firearms did not apply to them because they were cops. I always wore my bullet resistant vest when I had to qualify anyone except the guys I shot with on the pistol team.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Eeek! My life is in danger!

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

State police used to train at our club. 90% of them couldn't hit the ground with a bullet If they dropped one! At the time the troopers were issued HK P7s- those squeeze cockers were tough to shoot well. Us kids would out shoot the all the time. Finally a high ranking officer saw us outshooting his guys and made the owner get us off the line and never to let us shoot with them ever again!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have known some idiots in every job I have ever known. As far as gun safety, I do not assume anything until I have shot with the person. I am considering a bullet resistant vest for those rare Saturday Mornings when I go to the range. It might be a good idea to wear one while shopping in Wal Mart.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:40 amI have known some idiots in every job I have ever known. As far as gun safety, I do not assume anything until I have shot with the person. I am considering a bullet resistant vest for those rare Saturday Mornings when I go to the range. It might be a good idea to wear one while shopping in Wal Mart.
Gosh, seems great minds DO think alike! :shock: :? :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Or just avoid Walmart all together as I do!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!