Strobe Flashlights...and Dogs...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Strobe Flashlights...and Dogs...

Post by AJMD429 »

I always thought the primary purpose of strobe settings on flashlights was just to annoy family members by flashing it in their faces, because that's always what my son did when he had one. I assume the serious purpose is that they're disorienting to people.

But did you ever notice that dogs don't pay the slightest attention to them? No matter what our dogs are doing I can shine strobe light at them and try to make weird silhouettes of their shadows to distract them and move the light back and forth, and the dogs just act like there's nothing particularly unusual going on.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bikerbeans
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Strobe Flashlights...and Dogs...

Post by bikerbeans »

My wife bought a strobe light that also emitts a high frequency sound that a dog but not a human can hear. The sound will get the attention of 3 of my 4 dogs but the strobe has no affect on them. The beagle/coon hound mix will ignore any form of correction when he is having a full blown yapp fest with the neighbors boxers. Being mostly deaf does have its advantages sometimes.

BB
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Interesting. I use a laser pointer to exercise our two. None of the other dogs at the park pay attention to the little green dot. Well, there's the park dog, Lucas, but he doesn't like to play with others so when he sees the dot he watches but only chases it sporadically. Don't have a strobe or I'd take it out and see what happens.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Strobe no dice but Winnie and Parker both go nuts for the red laser pointer. It's great in the winter with snow on the ground as they can see it very well at night. I can stand inside on a cold evening and exercise them through the window. But then again both will grab and hold the sprinkler with water shooting out of their faces, they are whacky!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Thread Drift Warning:

I'd love to find a flashlight that defaults to Strobe when you first turn it on....The ones I have and see online/stores you have to push the button several times to get to the Strobe Mode.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

BlaineG wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:49 pm Thread Drift Warning:

I'd love to find a flashlight that defaults to Strobe when you first turn it on....The ones I have and see online/stores you have to push the button several times to get to the Strobe Mode.
I have several models of Streamlight Scorpions
The 2 newer ones have strobe.
You simply double tap the endcap but don't depress it until it clicks. Momentary (intense) strobe for as long as you hold it.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle