Need good book advice....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Need good book advice....

Post by AJMD429 »

A young friend who is extremely knowledgeable about animals and the environment, would like to find a book that talks practically about firearms, cartridges, and what game species can be hunted with each.

Gun-wise, she is a beginner, but eager to learn.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Need good book advice....

Post by t.r. »

Successful Deer Hunting by Sam Fadala. This is the only book I've read about deer hunting that mentions mountain mahogany as a favorite food source for mulies. Sam even has pictures which are very helpful to find this plant. I've ambushed several dandy bucks within the Black Hills by sitting quietly about 75 yards from a stand of mahogany. His insight and experience is further revealed with suggestions for rifle cartridges, scopes, knives, and other gear.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fisher-Price »

Some of it may be a bit dated and not have all of new cartridges but don’t overlook Elmer Keith for a practical education.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

I liked "shots at big game" by Craig Boddington. Its been 20 years since I owned it, so not sure what I would think of it now. At the time I found it a great read as it covered a lot of medium game as well, and all the obscure stuff no one told me about like the change of POI shooting up and down at angles.