.32-40 in CB lever action

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
drjjpdc
Levergunner

.32-40 in CB lever action

Post by drjjpdc »

I noticed that the .32-40 was not listed in the NRA rules for Lever Action Cowboy. I know that it is the same kind of cartridge (rimmed) as the others that are listed in rifle. Does that mean that it's use is illegal or that it doesn't have the stuffing to knock down the rams?

John
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: .32-40 in CB lever action

Post by 6pt-sika »

Can’t be the knock down part as I’ve knocked down quite a few at 200 meters with a circa 1906 Marlin 1893 in 32-40 . Heck the one I had even knocked down a mediumish size whitetail buck and I was using Venturino’s kinda anemic load no less !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

.32-40 is allowed in the rifle competition:
1. Lever Action Silhouette Rifle -
(a) Any lever action center fire rifle .25 caliber or larger with a tubular magazine of original manufacturer or replica thereof. A rimmed case loaded with a round or flat nosed bullet must be used. Exception: .30 Remington and .35 Remington are allowed
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
drjjpdc
Levergunner

Post by drjjpdc »

6pt-sika wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:16 pm Can’t be the knock down part as I’ve knocked down quite a few at 200 meters with a circa 1906 Marlin 1893 in 32-40 . Heck the one I had even knocked down a mediumish size whitetail buck and I was using Venturino’s kinda anemic load no less !
sika,
That's great to hear. About 2 years ago I picked up a really nice Marlin 1893 in .32-40 for about $900 or so. The cherry on the sundae was that it had a real original Hepburn sight! I have been in the hospital off and on the last year so I haven't got a chance to really get used to it. I have a few Marlin Skinner sights that I can switch for the match.
John
Marlin 1893 crop .32-40 with Original Hepburn Sight ab (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

drjjpdc wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:54 pm
6pt-sika wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:16 pm Can’t be the knock down part as I’ve knocked down quite a few at 200 meters with a circa 1906 Marlin 1893 in 32-40 . Heck the one I had even knocked down a mediumish size whitetail buck and I was using Venturino’s kinda anemic load no less !
sika,
That's great to hear. About 2 years ago I picked up a really nice Marlin 1893 in .32-40 for about $900 or so. The cherry on the sundae was that it had a real original Hepburn sight! I have been in the hospital off and on the last year so I haven't got a chance to really get used to it. I have a few Marlin Skinner sights that I can switch for the match.
John

Marlin 1893 crop .32-40 with Original Hepburn Sight ab (2).jpg
The one I “had” went to the UK 7 or 8 years ago . Of all the guns I’ve owned and sold that’s one of the ones I whish I’d kept .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !