Rabbits with a 410.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Rabbits with a 410.

Post by Nath »

I was eager to try a new homeload that involves ramming 3/4oz into a 2&1/2" case!

They weren't that good to be honest. They need a bit more wad I think so I will drop the shot from 19g to about 17g (somewhere near 11/16oz) but add some more card wads.

Anyway I got a couple, ironically with one shot! That's how much spread these are doing!!
IMG_20190805_201647.jpg
This moderated 410 is a hoot. Very quiet! :D

The special glasses are not because I am blind, no, it's for the increasing in strength vegan army over here!

N.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Rabbits with a 410.

Post by GunnyMack »

Vegans- 1 per day 365 in possession
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Who was that masked man :?:

It seems that vegans and bunny huggers are the "in thing" at the moment in the UK..… :roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Morons!

Just read that Federal is making a 13/16 load of Tungsten #9 as a turkey load! The author was impressed by the patterns at 30 & 40 yards. Said he was saving 2 rounds to try on rabbits.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:43 am Morons!

Just read that Federal is making a 13/16 load of Tungsten #9 as a turkey load! The author was impressed by the patterns at 30 & 40 yards. Said he was saving 2 rounds to try on rabbits.
#9! Will it be strong enough? :?
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Good Morning Nath Your public service to the community should be applauded. Farmers here need those pesky wabbits reduced badly. Guberment makes it costly to have and shoot firearms. Maybe they will all get scurvy.

Tungsten is heavy and hard so probably not deform. Should penetrate nicely. Probably under 25 yards will be deadly to light skinned whatevers.
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nath the load is marketed for turkey hunting so I guess they have thoroughly tested it. I might buy a box(10) to try on pheasants.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:45 am Nath the load is marketed for turkey hunting so I guess they have thoroughly tested it. I might buy a box(10) to try on pheasants.
Should be interesting.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have loaded some Hevishot, was just magic on birds- just DRT!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
bikerbeans
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bikerbeans »

How long is the handle on your press. I can't get 3/4 oz of 6 shot in a 3" hull.

I was at turkey hunt for disabled hunters last April. A teenager using a 410 with #9 TSS dropped a Tom at a measured 41 yards. It wasn't a lucky shot, the young gentleman is deadly with his 410.

BB
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

+1,2,3 on killing turkeys with a .410.

That is how many gobblers my grandson took with his .410. One per year before graduating to 20 ga.
He then killed some shooting his mom's 20 ga Orion.
Now he has graduated to his own Weatherby Orion in 12 ga and has already taken turkey, pheasant, dove and quail with that.
Going with us for dove season opener September 1. 8)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

That tungsten shot is going to be a game changer if you have the bucks for it. I first heard of it being used in a larger size shot for hunting coyotes. I found this on Henry's web site a while back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UwlxYEYK1Y

BTW Nath, vegan is an old American Indian word, it means HE WHO HUNTS POORLY.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Rusty wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:11 pm That tungsten shot is going to be a game changer if you have the bucks for it. I first heard of it being used in a larger size shot for hunting coyotes. I found this on Henry's web site a while back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UwlxYEYK1Y

BTW Nath, vegan is an old American Indian word, it means HE WHO HUNTS POORLY.
:lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

bikerbeans wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:18 pm How long is the handle on your press. I can't get 3/4 oz of 6 shot in a 3" hull.

I was at turkey hunt for disabled hunters last April. A teenager using a 410 with #9 TSS dropped a Tom at a measured 41 yards. It wasn't a lucky shot, the young gentleman is deadly with his 410.

BB
Good to know re the TSS shot.

You have to use a very thin wad. In this test it was three OS cards but it's not enough through this ported bore for the full length moderator. That's why I have to drop the load and increase wad length. It works in my Webley though.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
bikerbeans
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bikerbeans »

Thanks Nath.

BzB