A great Wyoming morning

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

A great Wyoming morning

Post by jnyork »

Yesterday my friend and I left town about 0700 and drove about 90 minutes out to an area in Southwest Wyoming where we spent the next 3 hours shooting prairie dogs and admiring the scenery. Perfect day, temps in the 70's and lower 80's, almost no wind. I brought my CZ 527 .22 Hornet and 70 rounds of ammo, friend brought a Thompson Center switch-barrel rifle in .204 Ruger with 60 rounds of ammo, we ran dry about 1230 or so, had lunch and came home, it was getting too warm for further activities anyway. We found a real good area to cruise around in and found several good spots that yielded some great shooting. I was impressed with his .204 , highly accurate and made red mist out of everything he hit, little 25 grain bullets really made a splash.

We were surprised to see almost no other wildlife , very few pronghorns and no elk, only one lonely wild horse. No idea why this was so.

Anyway, a great time for two geezers, we have resolved to do it again , and soon. :D
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A great Wyoming morning

Post by Pitchy »

Nothing like a great day, glad you had one. 8) :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

That sounded great 8)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Wolves in that area maybe?
I used my 17 Rem on pasture poodles, just like the 204- SPLAT! Best one ever was a cotton tail about 50 yards, skinned it from ears to front paws to ribs and launched it about 4 feet high.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

A one horse day, eh ? . :mrgreen:

It sounds like a good time to me...….. :)