Live PD

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Live PD

Post by 4t5 »

Been watching this show a while, and came to the conclusion you can be stopped , detained or arrested for anything or nothing at all.
Is it just me?
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Live PD

Post by Larkbill »

We watch it all the time. Pretty much if your plates are current and belong on your car, you have a valid driver's license, and your car doesn't reek of pot you'll have to find another way to get on TV. I really believe the cops have a fair idea who's going to have issues before they make the stop.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

4t5 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:24 pm Been watching this show a while, and came to the conclusion you can be stopped , detained or arrested for anything or nothing at all.
Is it just me?
it has happened to me... for nothing at all... except to harass.... one time in NYC though, I was picked up by a car full of uniforms who accused me out of the blue of something I didn't do. Fortunately for me I had a friend who saw the whole thing and followed me to the precinct where there was a judge trying cases. My friend and I waited patiently for Hours for my case to come to the bench. Eventually one of the "finest" informed me that I could leave. They didn't stand a chance, and I was eager to prove it. But I beat feet as a viable plan B...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That's why the laws need to be very straightforward and simple and few in number. That protects the citizen as well as the police.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I had a personal twist, from that show.

My dentist was featured this last Spring, when the local PD went to his office late one evening - after his wife reported him missing.

She said that he never cam home from work for supper.

It turned out that the LEO's woke him up @ his office, after which he sheepishly said he was so tied that he simply feel asleep...……………. :roll:

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

That is our favorite program, we watch it every week. It always amazes us the the amount of self-control and discipline the officers display when dealing with total jerks and idiots. Drunks, stoners, violent people, addicts lying in the streets, fleeing perps, all in a day's work for these guys. I have no patience whatsoever for folks who are anti-police, most of them would not make a pimple on an officer's back end.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I can honestly say that I have had a bad experience twice in my life. The other times all went well. One of the good experiences I failed to notice the speed limit sign. The officer explained where it was. It was half covered with tree branches and hard to see. A week later I had to go through the same area. The branches were removed. I slowed down to the posted limit.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

4t5 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:24 pm Been watching this show a while, and came to the conclusion you can be stopped , detained or arrested for anything or nothing at all.
Is it just me?
Only if you're guilty of anything or nothing at all. :D :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!