Shiloh Sharps is for sale

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Shiloh Sharps is for sale

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Buy the company for $10 million and you get 182 acres of Montana with it.

https://www.haydenoutdoors.com/land-for ... le-company
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Re: Shiloh Sharps is for sale

Post by barbarossa »

Hopefully who ever buys it will keep up the same quality of product and service that there is now.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Agree. They built up a fine reputation, although things have improved greatly at their neighbor, C. Sharps Arms, in the past couple of years.
TWHBC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TWHBC »

B
" BATHROOMS: 0 "

Interesting statistic, going business with numerous workers and no bathrooms?
Perhaps real estate terminology, bathrooms doesn't equal restroom?
Maybe numerous trees on property? :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:( :( :( :( :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

must be a western thing....the tv show where they built and shipped out new log homes was out west somewhere, numerous employees and at least one female....no bathroom,. :mrgreen:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Don't surprise me.......most anybody who is interested in the old single shots has what they want, plus it's an aging population who like these guns. The trend in old guns is slacking off .........everybody is gravitating towards rifles that shoot 2" groups at a mile.

Guys at our gunclub think nothing at spending 2 g's on a scope and another 3 on the rifle.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Six I sure am excited about that trend....I'm hoping it'll start dropping the prices on old Colts, Winchesters, Sharps, etc down so the comparative youngsters like me can really indulge in collecting them.... :mrgreen:

Speaking of which, I picked up a mid 60's Colt Trooper in great shape a few days ago with box and I guess I need to put up some pics....!
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Wish I were flush I'd be interested and if I was able to acquire it I'd like to add the Ballard rifle company as well as the Farquharson that I think they never quite got around to making . And if all that worked out acquire CPA for the new rendition of the Stevens 44 1/2 . If I was able to do what I wanted I'd most likely loose a large fortune :roll:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Give them time.....

sooner or later they'll probably entertain much discounted offers.....

come down to 1.8 mil. and I might even buy it. :wink:
m.A.g.a. !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Go for it Ray! 8) Then you can host an annual shoot for Levergunners on your little slice o' Montana.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

According to the family Shiloh is not being sold because it's in any trouble, or a lack of interest in their product. The decision was based simply because the Bryann's have two adult children, and both have careers and don't want to take over Shiloh. So they have decided to sell it instead of turning it over to their kids who aren't interested.
If you remember the owner was in a serious plane accident not all that long ago also, and although he recovered, that sort of thing makes one think about life differently. No doubt they're ready to retire and begin enjoying life away from running a successful business.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:08 am According to the family Shiloh is not being sold because it's in any trouble, or a lack of interest in their product. The decision was based simply because the Bryann's have two adult children, and both have careers and don't want to take over Shiloh. So they have decided to sell it instead of turning it over to their kids who aren't interested.
If you remember the owner was in a serious plane accident not all that long ago also, and although he recovered, that sort of thing makes one think about life differently. No doubt they're ready to retire and begin enjoying life away from running a successful business.
Good to know....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Bridger wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:50 pm Six I sure am excited about that trend....I'm hoping it'll start dropping the prices on old Colts, Winchesters, Sharps, etc down so the comparative youngsters like me can really indulge in collecting them.... :mrgreen:

Speaking of which, I picked up a mid 60's Colt Trooper in great shape a few days ago with box and I guess I need to put up some pics....!
Bridges...keep on buying those kinds of gun...I've been in this game for about 50 years and I've seen a million fads come and go in the gun world but one fad always holds true and steady....better than the stock market.......Old out-of-print guns made by reputable manufacturers. The higher the condition, the more the value grows. :D --6

What you think is a high price to pay for a nice gun will be a "steal" in a couple of years
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

6pt-sika wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:15 am Wish I were flush I'd be interested and if I was able to acquire it I'd like to add the Ballard rifle company as well as the Farquharson that I think they never quite got around to making . And if all that worked out acquire CPA for the new rendition of the Stevens 44 1/2 . If I was able to do what I wanted I'd most likely loose a large fortune :roll:
One of my instructors, Leonard J Bull was making Farquharsons from scratch. He had an orignal from his time at Westley Richards or in So Africa. Being a Brit he developed plans and offered students a 2 year extra curricular class on making their own. Very labor intensive action. I'm sorry I didnt get the plans, EDM would make short work of I believe. Ol Bull is gone now...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

There is a man making Farquharson single shots here in New Zealand. They are top quality and command high prices, so I cannot afford one...

https://www.sorokarifle.com/
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep those are kinda pricey!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!