The Night I Almost Shot Down A UFO

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

The Night I Almost Shot Down A UFO

Post by JimT »

The UFO thread brought back memories of a UFO encounter north of Phoenix, Arizona back about 1964 or 65. I was still in High School at the time, soon to graduate and be sent on a Graduation Gift Trip to the Far East where current War Games were being played. But that's another story. On this particular night I was at a friend's house and we were listening to rock n roll on the radio when the announcer cut in with a bulletin that a UFO was currently being reported in the vicinity of Shea Blvd. and 32nd Street.

YIKES! That's where we were!

We ran outside and scanned the sky and sure enough! There was a mysterious light that was approaching, roughly following Shea toward 32nd Street. In those days most of that country was undeveloped desert. I grabbed a rifle and said "LET'S GO SHOOT IT DOWN!" We hopped into a car and sped off across the desert, watching this light. It would blink out, then reappear suddenly, going a different direction. It seemed to be flying a rough rectangle, staying north of Shea.

There was a full moon and we got ahead of the UFO and stopped. I jumped out, jacked a shell into the chamber and lined up the sights on the full moon. My idea was to silhouette the UFO against the moon and empty the magazine into it.

Just as it approached the moon I took the slack out of the trigger and as the UFO silhouetted itself I stopped the trigger squeeze. It was a glider being towed by some guys in a Jeep! They had a bright light fastened underneath and when they banked to turn, the light seemed to go out, then reappear in a different place.

I could not tell if someone was in the glider or if they were controlling it from the Jeep, but I did not want to kill a human so I did not shoot.

I have always had a desire to shoot down a UFO but alas, in over 60 years I have not had the opportunity. All UFO's I have seen were either too high or moving too fast.

And it's probably a good thing, because I don't usually carry any salt with me to take care of disgusting slug-like aliens that may be piloting them.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Night I Almost Shot Down A UFO

Post by Bill in Oregon »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

This is the spot where Tio (in-law) Oskar shot down a plato in 1953......or at least where it landed after he shot it......

file.jpg

Grass still does not grow. For many years those who visited the site became ill, some terminally.

This is just downhill from the place called, mesa de diablo . It is said that it was even called that in pre-spanish Mapudungun. So they have been seeing the shining disks there for along time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
1894c

Post by 1894c »

... :)
alienProbe.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.