25/45 sharps

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

25/45 sharps

Post by 4t5 »

Anybody here shooting one? Thinking of getting a HENRY single shot, and getting it rebored.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 25/45 sharps

Post by Rusty »

From what I've heard that round was intended to have the 25/45 bbl fitted to a standard AR so that the swamp would be complete at that point, no other modifications are needed. Stock magazines, change the barrel and get a greatly increased amount of energy.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I've been watching this one for a while now.

in longer barrel lengths, original .250-3000 savage velocities are theoretically possible with the 87 gr. speer and absolutely obtainable with 75 gr. bullets.

but this is the one i like.....
products-25x45-100SS-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Thanks for the reply's, sold a Ruger Hawkeye in 257 Roberts a while back and been kicking myself ever since,thought a HENRY single shot marked SHARPS would fix that. Already have one in 357 mag and love it.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

You have a Henry SS in .357? Do tell more. I was a big fan of the Handi Rifles before they quit making them. One of the most versatile Handis was the .357 since a lot of people were reaming out the chamber to .357 Max. I always thought one of those would be dandy.

4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

The henry is heavy for it's size(others call it solid), but is put together really well. Stock is just a tad proud around the recoil pad but not bad. The trigger is a little heavy but breaks clean ,online others have swapped springs to lighten the trigger pull, but I'll hold off for now. I need go to a Luepold ultra light scope or possibly a Skinner sight (60 yrs on these eyeballs), over all it is a handsome rifle, and would buy more . If you purchase this in 45/70, the added heft may well be welcome, in 357 this is a pussycat, but I was shooting mild cast loads of my own reloading. Money well spent!

As far as 25/45 goes, a .223 rebored to .257 and you're done. Lenghtening the magnum to maximum would be pretty cool also.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you're interested about more information on the maximum look at the Graybeards outdoor forum. ere is a special section there for NEF guns. They have centerfire rifle, shotgun, and I think rimfire all listed. The centerfire section seems to be the one that generates the most traffic.
There was even one fellow there that bored out a .45-70 to a .45-120. There is video of that on Youtube. I'm pretty sure the Handi rifle will keep on going long after your shoulder has cried UNCLE.
Good luck and God bless.