We received Sugar's DNA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

We received Sugar's DNA

Post by jdad »

She tested clear of all genetic diseases; Hematologic, endocrine, ophthalmologist, urinary, multi system, neurological, cardiac, metabolic, gastrointestinal, neuromuscular, integument, and skeletal.

She is a carrier of a recessive gene that causes Degenerative Myelopathy, but since we are getting her spayed it won't be passed on.

The report was 9 pages long. This is page 1. Note that I did not say what breed other than "mixed". I screwed up her birth date somehow. It was 4/10/19. Not a big deal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: We received Sugar's DNA

Post by GunnyMack »

Well looky there a pure bred GP! Congrats on the clean health screening as well !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

A GP predicted adult weight 69lbs?

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

FWiedner wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:07 am A GP predicted adult weight 69lbs?

:?:
The pups were rescued as a stray pack out of Porterville, CA, with their mom. The mom was also only in the 60 range, so it makes sense. We're kind of glad they said 69 and not 109. :D Time will tell.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Cool information. So glad she is clear of so many genetic issues! Question that you need not answer if you would rather not: What does a genetic test like this cost?
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:14 am Cool information. So glad she is clear of so many genetic issues! Question that you need not answer if you would rather not: What does a genetic test like this cost?
You can buy the Embark kit for under $200, on Amazon. Everything is included. You take a cheek swab, put it in the vial, agitate a few times, seal it in the mailing box, drop it in the mail, then register on their website.

They give you email updates when it's been shipped, received, during processing, and then results.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I know someone in central Tn that has one. It's right a year old and takes up 85% of the couch when she stretches out. She is beautiful though.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Just be prepared to shear (not just clip like a regular dog) in warm weather.

They wanted to pass a law here in Indiana requiring dog owners to bring them inside if it was below 20 degrees outside. :roll: Our GPs would lay out on the wet driveway while 30 degree sleet and drizzle cooled them off. They romped and relaxed alike when it was below zero. :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "