Did someone already post this full-auto BB gun?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Did someone already post this full-auto BB gun?

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Apologies if so. Definitely on the want list if not the need list ...

8) :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7tDa-97gIs
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Did someone already post this full-auto BB gun?

Post by GunnyMack »

Haven't seen that one. Just read an article in Shooting Times(?) about a belt fed pellet rifle, uses a tank for air supply. Yes that's right belt fed full auto.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

It does look like fun. Was that the price for the package?
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Haya -- $159 on amazon for the rifle and open sights.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I guess I'm just an impulse buyer. Just ordered one. We'll see if it lives up to the video's hype. If it does I for see buying lots of co2 and BB's.

By the way, back in the 70's there was a full auto BB gun. It ran on compressed air. I had mine hooked up to an air compressor. We used it at night in a shipyard for pigeon control. Everything went swimmingly until we missed picking up a few one night. The guys that fed them got upset and we had to quit. That was too bad because the pigeons were defecating on everything.

It wasn't all that accurate, and the velocity wasn't that great, but at 15 to 20 feet it would tear up some pigeons. If we'd have had a few more weeks we could have seriously reduced their numbers.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

A friend where I worked had one of these. The mag was near limitless (1000 rds) and his ran off a small tank as well. One evening there were some cows that got into the gas plant (yes they are more than annoying as they had already rubbed, scratched on stuff and shut the whole plant down). He had it loaded up and let me give it a try. Just a little hold over at 70yds and a two second burst and that cow wanted to be elsewhere....at a dead run. Even though BBs are small, you pack enough of them into one spot and it puts a world of hurt on something. MY friend let a big jack rabbit have a one second burst and it was lights out. Those big WY jacks can be pretty hard to kill. I was shocked. Wouldn't be that bad for home defense in gun "unfriendly" areas. No one could tolerate a bust from that thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qUFEoZBPFQ
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jeep, I remember the first full-auto BB guns I ever saw ran on Freon, now a serious no-no. Look forward to your report!
Lever, if some clown was breaking into my house, a faceful of those BBs and he would be learning Braille in prison. Very effective is my guess.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

In one article, probably now in a book, Capstick was in Florida. He wrote about using those freon powered full auto BB guns on dragon flies. He was shooting them on the fly. Sounds like a lot of fun.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

Not a full auto guy but it sure looks fun. The farm next store had a helper that had a Larc M19A BB sub that he terrorized varmints with that used a freon can. He told that the local kids would spray paint his picket fence in front of his house every time he freshened it until one day he let a burst go at the fence as they rode buy on their bikes and he heard the can spraying. He said he heard a yelp and the fence was white for a long time after that. Lucky he didn't get sued :lol:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

piller wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:41 am In one article, probably now in a book, Capstick was in Florida. He wrote about using those freon powered full auto BB guns on dragon flies. He was shooting them on the fly. Sounds like a lot of fun.
I used to see ads for those in Popular Mechanics or Mechanics Illustrated when I was a kid. I think they were only $19.95 or something like that. That was still a lot of money for a kid. I think you could get an adapter that would hook up to a stationary air compressor.
It seems like a lot of $$$ could be made selling stuff like that at a reasonable price. Anybody remember the Thompson looking BB guns at the fair where you shot the star out of the paper? I contacted the company that builds those games for people that want to take them around the country. They only sell complete units with the guns, trailer, and such ready to roll. At the time they were about $20K.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Okay. It arrived yesterday. Got it out today. This thing is just flat fun. I haven't done anything full auto since the 70's. Amazingly accurate in semi auto, didn't really expect that. But the issue sights pretty much suck. But it's got plenty of rail space for just about anything you could imagine. The adjustable butt is nice and works, heck it even comes all the way off if you want.

I should mention that it is without a doubt the heaviest BB gun I've ever had. And, it actually has some recoil. The mag is rather heavy but nothing untoward. One problem with the mag, I've already had to buy two more. Oh, the mag does load pretty fast with the supplied speed loader. Without the loader it's a fumble fingered exercise for me.

I'd seen videos where they recommend one BB over another. A couple said the Daisy BB's gave problems. Well all I had on hand were Daisy's so I loaded them up and nary a problem. Well, there is one problem. I need more BB's :D

On full auto it actually shreds things, and tries to walk a bit. Didn't really expect that either. But since the "bolt" actually recoils it kind of makes sense. I didn't bother to set up the chrono yet, but I'm curious as to where it is compared to the advertised FPS. At reasonable ranges I imagine it would take out rats and such quite well. It's really too bad the shipyard shutdown 40 years ago. A row of roosting pigeons would be interesting.

So there you have it. I declare it the most fun one can have without gunpowder. 8) 8)
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jeep, muchas gracias for your after-action report. I may have to have one of these.
Had a cat fight starting in my very small back yard a couple of nights ago well before dawn and wished I had one of these with a full magazine. I would have used those toms "rather severely."

:lol: