1862 Pocket Colt in .380

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

1862 Pocket Colt in .380

Post by JimT »

John Taffin has been testing one for several months now. He says it is a fun little gun. The photos are his.
380-1.jpg
380-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: 1862 Pocket Colt in .380

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know Jim.....over the years I've bought guns in weird/not common calibers just because I had 10-20 boxes of factory ammo for them.....so I shot up the ammo and sold the gun.....right now I believe I have at least 10 boxes of .380 laying around and no .380 pistol......so.............. .............................

Gun companies must be running out of innovation.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Well, it looks better than my Beretta 84F. I'm sure it kicks less too. Crazy blow-back 380's.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Talking with John, once he is done writing it up I believe it just may end up with a 3" or 4" barrel. :D
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:22 pm Gun companies must be running out of innovation.---6
A friend of mine wrote:

right now "concept" guns are the thing. Many companies are coming out with special concept guns. Just like concept cars. If they get enough call for them, they make them. If nobody is interested they quietly drop the idea and deny they ever made any of them. Look at how many concept Broncos have been "accidentally" released in pictures and videos. But nobody liked them so they real quick said they were only concept trucks and they hadn't decided on the style truck yet. It's the same thing with guns. A 380 auto revolver is for sure a concept gun as demand for them will be sparse at best. I can think of 5 or 6 concept guns that have been made in the last year or two that never saw the light of day. It is just simple supply and demand. If there isn't much of a demand for them they will not supply that demand
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jim....how about that gun in a short 38 Spl....or the same as a 38 S&W but with a .357 bullet diameter. I could see that catching on.
Model A Uzi’s
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Cimarron has had these on their website as "Coming Soon" for months. Just checked this evening and they are listed as available.

They look like fun to me, might just have to get one.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

JimT wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:26 pm Talking with John, once he is done writing it up I believe it just may end up with a 3" or 4" barrel. :D
Tell John that I think 3 1/2" would be perfect. We spoke briefly at Branson many years ago.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

"how about that gun in a short 38 Spl....or the same as a 38 S&W but with a .357 bullet diameter. I could see that catching on."

The problem is that the cylinder is so small the rims of those cartridges would overlap. The .380 being semi rimless just makes it. It takes a revolver the size of the 51 & 61 Navies to take .38 special and .38 S&W cartridges.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Having a love affair for all Colt-style cap & ball revolvers, this one caught my eye - until I saw the price tag. Not sure I can justify that for a .380 ACP... :shock:

Still, style-wise, WOW! :mrgreen:
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

JimT wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:28 pm
Sixgun wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:22 pm Gun companies must be running out of innovation.---6
A friend of mine wrote:

right now "concept" guns are the thing. Many companies are coming out with special concept guns. Just like concept cars. If they get enough call for them, they make them. If nobody is interested they quietly drop the idea and deny they ever made any of them. Look at how many concept Broncos have been "accidentally" released in pictures and videos. But nobody liked them so they real quick said they were only concept trucks and they hadn't decided on the style truck yet. It's the same thing with guns. A 380 auto revolver is for sure a concept gun as demand for them will be sparse at best. I can think of 5 or 6 concept guns that have been made in the last year or two that never saw the light of day. It is just simple supply and demand. If there isn't much of a demand for them they will not supply that demand
Kind of like the 480 Achilles! :D

That doesn't keep them from being cool little poppers, just hard to come by.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

AmBraCol wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 am
Kind of like the 480 Achilles! :D
The 480 Achilles is pretty popular. There must be 4 or 5 out there somewhere! :P
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

"Pocket Colt"

Dang... A fellow would need a pocket the size of a saddlebag...

:o :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.