I think Sugar is going to be BIG

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

I think Sugar is going to be BIG

Post by jdad »

She's 14 weeks on Saturday. She eats 6 cups of puppy chow daily......6 CUPS. :shock:

House trained for the most part. The rare accident is our fault for not listening to her signals.

She still doesn't like to go for walks. Stubborn and willful just like a Pyrenees. We don't think there's any lab or very little because she wants nothing to do with a ball.

We should have the DNA back in about a week to see what else she is and to get an idea of how big she will be. A couple of people with AKC registered animals suggested this company. They used it to confirm blood lines and they are partnered with the Cornell University school of Veterinary Medicine.

https://embarkvet.com/

14 week and 10 week photos.......Sugar may become Cujo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I think Sugar is going to be BIG

Post by Bill in Oregon »

She's a lovely boopers. Keep the photos coming!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Great pics thanks for sharing. 8) :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sugar, good name for a sweet pup.... :D
Interesting link, thanks for posting.. 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I can't see any LAB in her what so ever! If anything I might see some Collie or Shepherd.
DNA is the only way to know, please share the results when you know.

Few months ago while I was in town hanging out at the fly shop a woman walked by with a pup, I had to go see the pup up close, yep all Lab- a Fox Red at that! She said her vet said it was a Ridgeback hound mix. I told her I know Labs & breed Labs and she has a Fox Red American field lab. More recently ran into her again and the pup has grown and she still looks all Lab.

You be good Sugar and I'm sure you will get lots of cookies!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Tactical Lever
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tactical Lever »

Consider going to raw food. She won't be eating (and poopin') such big volumes. After a lot of reading, I'm convinced that there is no good dry food.

Try thowing something in the water. Our older dog is half lab, at least according to vet records, and she had no interest in fetch. But throw a stick into the lake, and it triggers that water dog!
Profanity is a poor substitute for a proper education.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

somewhere about 9 hands I'd guess :lol:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Grizz wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:48 am somewhere about 9 hands I'd guess :lol:
And how do you propose to shoe her?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

That nose is a Great Pyr, what's behind it needs to grow up a little more.

We have a pure-bred, shelter dog, year and eight months now. We've had him for six months, got him Jan 18

Most people know the G.P.'s are livestock protectors, but as pups, that can't be socialized with humans.

That's how we got ours, people kept trying to make him what he wasn't, he kept escaping from fields, chewing up kennels, etc.

We've had some issues with him (separation anxiety) but he's shaping up. Basically he's a big cuddle bear, all 100 lbs.

Yours may be heavier, ours had a hard beginning. Watch the food and weight.

And yeah. There's no retriever module in the software. Run (well, really a fast lope!), pick up, chew, carry around, but no retrieve.

There does seem to be stubborness built in, but sometimes I get a suspicion of flat-out dumbness.

Ours is so gentle he could take a treat from an infant. But incredibly barky-barky, especially a night. (that's the protector genes)

Watch that coat. For a Great Pyr, there are people who will card and knit a sweater for you, should you wish.

Keep us posted, I'd like to see her grow up.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:56 am
Grizz wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:48 am somewhere about 9 hands I'd guess :lol:
And how do you propose to shoe her?
Rough Shod I guess . . .
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

She's a cutie. Doesn't really matter what she is as long as she's a good dog.

Have fun with her and that's the important part.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Tactical Lever wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:15 am Consider going to raw food. She won't be eating (and poopin') such big volumes. After a lot of reading, I'm convinced that there is no good dry food.

Try thowing something in the water. Our older dog is half lab, at least according to vet records, and she had no interest in fetch. But throw a stick into the lake, and it triggers that water dog!
I have a friend that has lost one dog and has another smaller lap dog that is very ill by trying an all meat raw diet. There is plenty in the news about it if you care to look. when I had dogs I always fed them Purina products and never had a problem. There is a lot of nutritional science and research behind those products before they ever hit the shelves.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Plottman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Plottman »

We have fed purina for years, American made, purina does alot for sporting - hunting dog people.
Plottman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Plottman »

We have fed purina for years, American made, purina does alot for sporting - hunting dog people.
Tactical Lever
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tactical Lever »

Rusty wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:15 am
Tactical Lever wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:15 am Consider going to raw food. She won't be eating (and poopin') such big volumes. After a lot of reading, I'm convinced that there is no good dry food.

I have a friend that has lost one dog and has another smaller lap dog that is very ill by trying an all meat raw diet. There is plenty in the news about it if you care to look. when I had dogs I always fed them Purina products and never had a problem. There is a lot of nutritional science and research behind those products before they ever hit the shelves.
You have to transition them, but cutting out the dry food for a day or half day, otherwise the new raw diet will scream right through them. And you have to pick a reputable source. Too much organ meat can cause issues.

I've done a ton of reading on it, and I don't trust mainstream, or bought media to get the whole story. Purina is owned by Nestle; a huge multi-national whose sole concern is profit. The research and science is to make a palatable food, that doesn't outright kill your dog, for as cheap as possible. Many recalls, and a low quality of cheap filler doesn't inspire confidence. There are a couple ingredients that are hazardous, and a couple times that the food has been recalled due to melamine in it.

Your dog isn't getting optimal nutrition from piles of GMO corn and wheat. I used to feed dry, also, but I came to find that there was no such thing as a good dry food. And have seen dogs do much better on raw, than on supposedly high quality dry. Don't forget that the ingredients can be very misleading. Doing a little research will tell you what has been found, what it means, and that the dog food industry polices the dog food industry.
Tactical Lever
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tactical Lever »

Plottman wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:35 pm We have fed purina for years, American made, purina does alot for sporting - hunting dog people.
And McDonald house does a lot for sick kids. But that doesn't change the fact that McDonald's has revolutionized the fast food business, but not in a good way. Pink slime, and ammonia sprayed equipment to substitute for more expensive cleaning procedures doesn't contribute towards your health. Sure it's cheap, and "real meat". Watch "Supersize Me" for an educational look at what it really does to you.

Highly processed, mass produced food from the cheapest sources isn't good for man, nor beast.

Cut down on doctor bills, vet bills, and stuff that's going to cut down on quality of life by feeding everyone a bit more diligently.

Recently invested in my own health, by seeing a functional medicine doctor, and finding out that my optimal diet should no longer include many foods that I enjoyed. Also low on some vitamins. Trying to reverse, a lack of energy that I've experienced over the last 8 years or so.