Trigger mod #2

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Trigger mod #2

Post by Nath »

Still not truly content with the trigger work I have done to the Marlin 990 I found the cause of my dissatisfaction.

It's requirement for a disconnector system means in a sense it can feel like a three stage trigger which is frustrating.

There is no creep from the seer at all, just this annoying third movement between trigger 1st stage and the seer breaking.

After much studying I decided to remove the trigger 1st stage by adding an adjustable M4 grub screw to act immediately on the disconecter.
IMG_20190713_220005.jpg
After some trial and error I have adjusted the grub screw so it just allows the disconnector to align with the seer when the bolt returns to battery.

Now I have a two stage trigger all be it a short first stage but now when it stops I know any more pressure will break the seer and no other annoying movement.

Just need a field test to confirm it is a safe and reliable modification.

N.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Trigger mod #2

Post by Pete44ru »

Besides being a great varminteer, now U R a gunsmith ! . :mrgreen:

Truly, a man for all seasons ! . :)

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Dang Nath...that's good thinking with the set screw. You'd fit in real good here in the states........there's all kinds of stuff we could put you to work with.

(Did you need permission from the Queen to do that work? :D )---6
Model A Uzi’s
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:14 pm Dang Nath...that's good thinking with the set screw. You'd fit in real good here in the states........there's all kinds of stuff we could put you to work with.

(Did you need permission from the Queen to do that work? :D )---6
Not told her, should I seek a pardon!
I think she has a bit on right now, her parliament is crumbling under her feet and her non armed public are err armed and running around stabbing everyone!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Naw don't say a word, YOU might just be the one that saves her life and the crown when the shyer hits the fan!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good job Nath!
Don't worry Nath. Being armed, and that handy, they all fear you. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Good looking mod Nath, I like it!
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Im gonna pass this on the the guys at the shop, they clean and fix quite a few. BTW, ive lost the bidding war on 5 bp rifles and pistols. Latest one was Tradition .32 cal Crockett pistol. Oh well, todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!