Hard learned lessons.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Hard learned lessons.....

Post by AJMD429 »

Good thing the guy wasn't black; all those cops would be getting death threats, and lose their jobs, and 'journalists' would show his grade-school pictures, and tell how everyone (including his therapist, parole officer, psychiatrist, and all six baby-mommas who he supplied heroin to) said he was a wonderful father and contributor to the community (especially after the court-ordered community service), and how he was 'unarmed' and on his way to donate blood before his volunteer work for a homeless shelter for battered women (including several he had personally battered)... :|

I can't imagine being a cop; at least in CCW-friendly states, an ordinary citizen wouldn't have to go to such great lengths to avoid shooting an attacker.

Several hard decision-points there; especially at points where what was behind the bad-guy were another officer, a house, a car, or just shrubs and trees with unknown stuff behind them. As a covillian, once I realized the guy was coming at me despite warning, and could outrun me, I'd have moved to the side as soon as I saw a safe backstop, stopped, and aimed for the sternum, repeatedly. But cops have to play by different rules.... :|

I hope they were using decent ammo; but maybe the guy wasn't hit with solid center-mass hits, as the officer was running backwards while shooting. Hindsight maybe he should have stood his ground at that point or earlier, and had a better chance of a shopping shot, balanced against the risk of the guy getting to him before dropping. Again, the ones in uniform get held to different standards.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Real life, it just ain't like it is in the movies.....
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

m.A.g.a. !
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

AS far as I am concerned, it was a justified shooting. Still, they could have tried tasing him from different directions with several leo's circling. only drawback I see is crossfire in that situation if one of the leos is forced to shoot.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot