Regarding the Jim Beam warehouse fire

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Regarding the Jim Beam warehouse fire

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Hearing some funny comments about the blaze, which has put 45,000 barrels of Jim Beam at risk:

Jim Beam is now seeping into the Kentucky River as a result of the bourbon warehouse fire which means that if you go fishing right now there’s a good chance you’ll catch a whiskey-drunk trout in a tank top yelling at his wife that he’ll come home when he darn well pleases.

All I’m saying is that if you ever wanted to meet a largemouth bass who has every Skynyrd album and 6 DUIs now is your chance.

:lol:
bikerbeans
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Regarding the Jim Beam warehouse fire

Post by bikerbeans »

How are folks in KY going to deer hunt this fall if they can't buy a pint of Beam? :D

BB
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I hadn't heard about the fire, hope it don't lead to a shortage :shock:
Although Bourbon flavoured Trout that might just be interesting to try..... :wink:

Good point bikerbeans... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Never did like Jim Beam :!: I like the square black bottle from Lynchburg Tennessee myself :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Jim, Jack - they're all the same to me...……. :mrgreen:

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I see Carrie Nation is still at work.

66026da0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

6pt-sika wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:30 pm Never did like Jim Beam :!: I like the square black bottle from Lynchburg Tennessee myself :wink:
Yup, and the same for me!

I just read they lost 1 out of 126 warehouses (0.8%), or 45,000 out of 3.3 Million barrels worth (1.36%) which suggests this was one of their largest barrel warehouses. They suspect the blaze was caused by a lightning strike -- gee, was it "White Lightning"?

Old No7

jimbeamfire.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Geeze Bill......your description fits lots of people right here on Leverguns but very few will admit it. While I don't have any DUI's, I've got the rest of it.

In my drinking days, I was more of a Pabst Blue Ribbon and Wild Turkey 101 guy......Jim Bean gets looked down around here as does Old Crow......but the Jim Bean is still great when the wallet is low.-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It was GOD letting them know that he doesn't like the things their spokesperson has done. They should fire her and hire Hank Jr for their spokesperson. Besides, when you think of famous people who drink Jim Beam, Ol' Hank Jr is at the top of the list.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Don't care for regular Jim Beam so much, but JB Black is quite good. As is the rye.
I agree with having Hank Jr. as spokesman. But I'm sure a large percentage of the companies target market doesn't know who he is. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I quite like Jim Beam but I try to buy different brands when I can find them over here, I tried Pappy Van Winkle once that blew me away it was so nice..... :D
Makers Mark is another favourite of mine, together with Four Roses and Wild Turkey, I never touch Scotch only Bourbon for me.... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.