big Colt collection up for auction

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

big Colt collection up for auction

Post by wm »

Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Re: big Colt collection up for auction

Post by Bridger »

Definitely a lot of Colts. But as much as I love Colts, and I've got several, commemoratives do absolutely nothing for me.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Bridger wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:52 pm Definitely a lot of Colts. But as much as I love Colts, and I've got several, commemoratives do absolutely nothing for me.
I feel the same. Pristine examples that collectors really covet too.

If I can't shoot it, I don't think I can make use of it.

Wm
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Bridger wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:52 pm Definitely a lot of Colts. But as much as I love Colts, and I've got several, commemoratives do absolutely nothing for me.
Right! As far as I'm concerned, not much of anything they made after WW One interests me, except single actions and maybe their large frame double actions.....ahhh throw in early Rugers and pre '70 N frame 'Smiths

But....if commereratives are your bag a one day buy is easier than looking for years to put these together....especially if you have loot to hide eeerrr...spend.-----6
Model A Uzi’s
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Hey Six, no love for the original Troopers and 3-5-7's?
I've got a couple of the original, non mkiii Troopers in .38 and I really like them and think they are high quality guns. Surely there's one or two hanging around your place....

- Winston Churchill
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

In fact, here's my newest one....
Came with a JayPee safety holster which is cool....but buggers the hell out of the trigger guard the way the metal catch is designed do I don't intend to ever use it.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Winston Churchill
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

sure Bridger.....in my opinion, ALL Colts made right up to this day are quality.....I have a few of the post war Colts..nickel D.S., Realtree Anaconda, nickel Python, 4 or 5 AR's, a mess of SAA's.

Your 3-5-7 will last about forever as will Troopers....yours looks about new..inv
Estment quality.....not bad for a gun as old
or older as me. (Can I have it? :D )----6
Model A Uzi’s
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mike Armstrong »

I never could get with the "commemorative" deal. I like Colts that "commemorate" a long USEFUL life, often by having blue wear, a few nicks and dings, and signs of firing in the chamber throats. My favorites are Bisleys, SAAs, and especially New Services, but I like the ".357" and "Trooper" for everyday carry and service use. Never saw the point of the "extras" on the Python.

And I never buy a brand new gun (exceptions the few that I have had custom-made for me--a USFA .38 Spl. and a couple of C. Sharps Win 1885s). Cheapskate and curmudgeon, I guess. My older brother did give me a brand-new Ruger Gold Label SxS 12 guage as a retirement gift and I haven't thrown it out yet. I do kill things with it, tho, much to the distress of my gun collector friends.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Judging by the ones I have 79 was a good year for SAAs and Marlin.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...